April 24, 2024, 01:56:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #2 10/29/09 - 4/26/10  (Read 726702 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #140 on: October 30, 2009, 11:25:47 AM »

Rosie - thank you!   

FindingAnswers - I don't think you're a 'nut job'.     I believe in psychics to an extent, do see that as a gift/talent in some folks.  Yet as with everything else, that can be exploited, and then there are a lot of fakes which makes it harder for those who truly have that gift.  It's the way I look it anyway. 

I've known one true psychic, for many years, and what she knows (without having prior knowledge of any kind) is stunning, to say the least.  Made a believer out of this skeptic.

Seems that I believe more in those who do not run around telling everyone all that they know/see.  It's the quiet ones that I tend to listen to more.  Rarely if ever will I listen to one advertising in the back section of some magazine/newspaper.  lol 

Having said all that....... Yes, some LE do pay attention to certain psychics.  Just as some LE scoff at the whole idea.  In the Laci Peterson case out in Cali, it was a psychic who cracked that case, yet LE paid her no mind for the longest time and never have given her credit.  She was insistent and persistent tho, and when LE finally did listen to her, they found Laci's body.  She would have been found MUCH earlier had they paid attention from the start.  IMO. 

In the Stacy Peterson case out in Illinois, there is a psychic who tried to help the chief of police, even to the point of telling him what files were on his desk at that very moment, to help him believe in her abilities.  He just scoffed at her, despite that.  Altho her being able to do that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.  lol 

I do wish more LE would take some of these folks seriously.  Especially when a case is going cold and they say they've done all they can do and have run out of leads.  Sheesh. 

IMO.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #141 on: October 30, 2009, 11:25:51 AM »

Thank you for the welcome trimm. Does anyone have the link for the local news in Jacksonville to watch video updates and press conferences? TIA

A tribute to those who died at Fort Hood & all fallen soldiers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxJf9ZezTZE
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #142 on: October 30, 2009, 11:33:10 AM »

Wyks I know what you mean. I agree too. I started thinking about the use of psychics after reading about the one in the Marteliz case yesterday. I think one could be very helpful in cases like this and the Haleigh Cummings case too. They just need one that is proven to be legit and not a fraudster like some that are out there.

FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #143 on: October 30, 2009, 11:49:19 AM »

One more question. lol I am full of them today.

I paid close attention to the neighbors comments on the nancy grace show right after this happened. I was wondering if someone knows where the burnt out house is in relation to the last crossing guard post. The neighr said that there is usually a police officer between the last to crossing guards. Is the burnt out house between there or after the last crossing guard post? TIA

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #144 on: October 30, 2009, 12:03:34 PM »

Thank you for the welcome trimm. Does anyone have the link for the local news in Jacksonville to watch video updates and press conferences? TIA

I usually look here during the day. 
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #145 on: October 30, 2009, 12:06:32 PM »

Thank you trimm.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #146 on: October 30, 2009, 12:32:45 PM »

Thank you trimm.
WELCOME  I think there are people that have psychic abilities, and I also believe some use it with best intentions, while others are just scammers.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #147 on: October 30, 2009, 01:01:15 PM »

Welcome to all new monkeys     One thing that has not set well with me and frankly it is none of my business, but to exclude Somer's father from the obituary, shows extremely poor taste. I could care less what mom thinks of dad, don't care, that was Somer's daddy like him or not. Somer I am sure loved him, and that is what mattered, not some sour grapes type of bs. IMO

I agree! in fact, were any of Somer's family mentioned on the father's side of the family? grand parents? for sure Dad should have his name in the obit...he is her father...wonder if father could have the obit reprinted with his name on it? it should not be just up to the mom who is listed as survivors imo...

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #148 on: October 30, 2009, 01:16:51 PM »

Welcome to all new monkeys     One thing that has not set well with me and frankly it is none of my business, but to exclude Somer's father from the obituary, shows extremely poor taste. I could care less what mom thinks of dad, don't care, that was Somer's daddy like him or not. Somer I am sure loved him, and that is what mattered, not some sour grapes type of bs. IMO

I agree! in fact, were any of Somer's family mentioned on the father's side of the family? grand parents? for sure Dad should have his name in the obit...he is her father...wonder if father could have the obit reprinted with his name on it? it should not be just up to the mom who is listed as survivors imo...
I was also just reading on WS, that the police called the dad to tell him Somer was missing, the mom didn't even do that, has anyone else heard or read that? Wrong, just wrong, I don't believe anyone on Somer's father's side was mentioned, I will have to read that again. Just like they didn't exist.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #149 on: October 30, 2009, 01:21:28 PM »

I was also just reading on WS, that the police called the dad to tell him Somer was missing, the mom didn't even do that, has anyone else heard or read that? Wrong, just wrong, I don't believe anyone on Somer's father's side was mentioned, I will have to read that again. Just like they didn't exist.

I agree it's wrong but we don't know the circumstances.  He hadn't even seen her in 2 years.  Definitely a bitter relationship for whatever reason.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #150 on: October 30, 2009, 01:22:40 PM »

Regarding the obit, I think it is sad that her dad wasn't mentioned. I also believe it was due to animosity from the mom, which I think is awful.

I read two obits on the same person one time. One didn't mention the other family. The other mentioned that the family from the first obit and "thanked" them for letting them find out that Mom had died in the obit from the previous days paper.   

Families get evil/mean sometimes, but it is really sad when it is a child and the family is fighting.

JMO JSM

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #151 on: October 30, 2009, 01:27:37 PM »

Thank you rose colored glasses.

It could be that LE told the mom they would contact the father. He has talked really good about her when I have heard him on TV. I agree he should have been included in the obit. Hopefully it was just an oversight and not out of spite. It's also possible someone other than Diena helped the funeral director write up the obit and left him out of it. Who knows but I do agree with those who say it is wrong if it was done out of spite.It was his baby girl who was murdered too.

candycane
Scared Monkey

« Reply #152 on: October 30, 2009, 01:34:08 PM »

I feel if we look at the basics of Means, Motive and Opportunity I believe it's the Mother 1) Means =the ability  2) Motive = the reason 3) Opportunity = Location. I think she was angry that she had to go out looking for her... They ruled out the sex offenders very quicky. They seemed to know to look in the garbage. They know they are following the case close. They are not really warning the area that a predator is on the loose.  What they dont say -if it was a sex crime which would mean it's a man. That the family has been cleared. Not to mention all the interviews that the mother has made and the letter of thanks which was all very odd if you ask me.
Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #153 on: October 30, 2009, 01:54:58 PM »

Hi everyone. This looked like a good place for a first post. I am so sad about Somer and other children. I just wanted to say hello and that I'm not involved like one poster who asked about "new" people. You are all soooooo smart here and I hope that your sleuthing rubs off on me!

Hi Moreplease, and welcome! 

It very likely will rub off on you, just stick around and jump in whenever you can!  Sleuthing can become very addicting!  LOL  The more we dig around in what's available to the public, the more we find.  And it becomes easier with practice too.  For the good majority of us, we have different ways of sleuthing, certain sites that we each like to head to first when beginning to research a case. 

There's tonssssssss of different areas we can sleuth around in, and the beauty of it is that we each have some interest in some area, and can do whatever we each do best. 

For example, there are some monkeys who can pull up public court reports in a heartbeat, while I'm still sitting there scratching my head wondering 'how did they do that?'.  lol  Other monkeys are a whiz at doing maps and charts, others who we can count on to bring us the latest news updates, still other monkeys who are the cheerleaders and readers/thinkers who help pull it all together.   

Personally, I am a thinker, as well as being one of the resident brats.  hehe.  We need humor from time to time, or we'd all go friggin nuts!  Glad to have ya aboard! 

Can any monkey who is good at that please point me to where I can find those things in Texas?  Iknow each state has their own system and have been very unsuccessful finding ours.
Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #154 on: October 30, 2009, 02:05:28 PM »

Thank you rose colored glasses.

It could be that LE told the mom they would contact the father. He has talked really good about her when I have heard him on TV. I agree he should have been included in the obit. Hopefully it was just an oversight and not out of spite. It's also possible someone other than Diena helped the funeral director write up the obit and left him out of it. Who knows but I do agree with those who say it is wrong if it was done out of spite.It was his baby girl who was murdered too.

I have mixed feelings on this whole thing.  I probably would put my "husband" on an obit but that would be it.  Somers father is a lot like my soon to be ex in the fact of how he talks about the mom.   My husband rarely says anything about me that is bad.  In fact everyone I meet who knows him just talks about the good things he says.  One lady didn't even know that we are seperated and at that point had been for 2 years, he never goes into details or he flat out lies.  They all say how much he loves his kids and NONE of them, not even the best friend knew that he sees them once a month, lives 10 miles from me and works 1 mile away, can go to his friends house every Tuesday but still cannot see his kids.  I'm not saying her dad is doing that but since I live through it I can see it as a possibility and can tell you it has caused serious bitter feelings over here, especially when my youngest cries to see him.  I won't throw a stone at Somer's dad or the mom but I do say I don't agree with leaving his name off the obit.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #155 on: October 30, 2009, 02:09:46 PM »

I feel if we look at the basics of Means, Motive and Opportunity I believe it's the Mother 1) Means =the ability  2) Motive = the reason 3) Opportunity = Location. I think she was angry that she had to go out looking for her... They ruled out the sex offenders very quicky. They seemed to know to look in the garbage. They know they are following the case close. They are not really warning the area that a predator is on the loose.  What they dont say -if it was a sex crime which would mean it's a man. That the family has been cleared. Not to mention all the interviews that the mother has made and the letter of thanks which was all very odd if you ask me.

I have read your posts several times now, do you think the mom did this? I have a feeling she has some thoughts about who may have, but I sure don't think she did this to her child. Could you explain this more, if you want?
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #156 on: October 30, 2009, 02:32:12 PM »

Ariana I understand completely.

rose colored glasses. I am glad you asked. You guys need a monkey reading a book for a smiley. lol 

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #157 on: October 30, 2009, 02:32:37 PM »

http://primewriter.com/news-1246-headlines/?p=108
Somer Thompson Case (part 1)
Posted by Sheryl S On October - 30 - 2009
Somer Thompson Case

Somer Thompson was born on April 5, 2002, she disappeared while walking home from school on October 19, 2009. An Amber Alert was issued for her the following day. The Amber Alert was not issued on Monday due to the fact that investigators needed to gather more information to ensure that Somer’s disappearance met the qualifications for an Amber Alert.

Somer Thompson had walked home from her school, Grove Park Elementary located in Orange Park, Florida. She left school at 2:50 p.m. and was walking home with her twin brother and 10-year old sister. The three were walking with friends. Somer became angry at one of the children and ran ahead of the group, her siblings lost sight of Somer as she turned the corner heading towards her home. Within 15 minutes, the time it took for Somer Thompson to leave her school and walk ahead of the children, she was kidnapped. Somer’s siblings arrived safely home at 3:05 p.m., Somer was nowhere to be found.

The children had told their mother’s friend, Sean Patton that Somer did not come home. According to police reports, Sean Patton is a friend of Diena Thompson’s and had agreed to stay at her home until the children came home from school. When Somer did not return he searched the neighborhood, then he sent a text message to Somer’s mother, telling her that Somer had not come home. He sent the text at approximately 4:00 p.m. Diena Thompson told authorities that the text message stated that Somer failed to come home with the children. Diena Thompson left work and drove through the neighborhood, she also picked up her oldest son and they searched the area. When Diena Thompson saw a police officer, she flagged him down and reported Somer missing.

At approximately 5:00 p.m., Diena Thompson’s live in boyfriend, Charles Currier returned home from work. Charles Currier told authorities that he received a phone call from Diena at approximately 4:20 p.m. Charles left work immediately and assisted in the immediate search for Somer.

The Amber Alert was issued Tuesday morning, October 20, 2009. News coverage spread quickly and soon everyone was concerned and praying for Somer’s safe return.
Click here to see slide show from Somer Thompson case.  http://www.examiner.com/examinerslideshow.html?entryid=680301

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #158 on: October 30, 2009, 03:02:05 PM »

not saying it is right or wrong but how obits work is you pay for them you get to decide what goes in them. the father could have put an obit in his local paper if he wanted to and excluded the mother as well... do i think it is morally right? no not really but you don't know the story behind their breakup and it was posted that he didn't see his kids much because of financial reasons... maybe he didn't see the kids because he honestly didn't care to maybe the mother knows that and in her eyes he was no kind of a father maybe even during the marriage he wasn't...
i'm not trying to bash the dad... i'm just saying there might be a lot of reasons why he was omitted and i don't think we are owed an explanation... i know in my obit there better not even be an utterance of my fathers name he was never there for me thru out my life so why be there in my death. am i bitter that he wasn't there? no not at all... i never knew him really so how could i miss him or be upset that he wasn't there I'm just saying you do not have to list biological parents in an obit if you don't want to
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #159 on: October 30, 2009, 03:04:08 PM »

A common misconception.  Think Melissa Huckaby, as just one example.  There are others that have been caught after her (like the one in Maine that was caught abusing her little girls over the internet, and recent woman from Texas that was indicted for filming kiddie porn with her 4 year old daughter). 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.