April 26, 2024, 11:15:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #2 10/29/09 - 4/26/10  (Read 726863 times)
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #220 on: October 30, 2009, 05:08:38 PM »

LOL Thank you Brandi. That is so very cute. I will most likely be using that one quite a bit.

I am taking a break and going to watch Prime News. I will come back. You all are great for information and civil discussion.

A tribute to those who died at Fort Hood & all fallen soldiers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxJf9ZezTZE
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #221 on: October 30, 2009, 05:12:14 PM »

Welcome to all new monkeys     One thing that has not set well with me and frankly it is none of my business, but to exclude Somer's father from the obituary, shows extremely poor taste. I could care less what mom thinks of dad, don't care, that was Somer's daddy like him or not. Somer I am sure loved him, and that is what mattered, not some sour grapes type of bs. IMO

Agree with you on this. I can't think of any reason to omit the ex on the obit save for being a pedofile or something of that nature. When my ex would pick up the kids he got as far as the front porch and that's it but I would never delete him from something like this. Out of respect for my child I would include him in whatever relating to the death and funeral of our child. Shows a side of the mother that is too cold........A lot of us on here know what it's like to have an ex behind on child support but that's no reason to act as if he doesn't exist........
Agreed.

No matter the reason for the separation, the plain fact that he is Somer's father should have been mentioned in the obit.

In honor of Somer. She is survived by both her mother and father and members of her father's side of the family and that should have been mentioned.

JMO.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #222 on: October 30, 2009, 05:17:32 PM »

I messed up my last post. I could not find an edit button. Sorry for the screw up.

Not sure if this has been answered/addressed, as I am behind, but there is no edit button for us to use.

I always try to Preview my posts before hitting the Post button.

Hope this helps.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #223 on: October 30, 2009, 05:21:40 PM »

Penny - just read the NG transcript of Oct. 29.

S. Thompson - Well they're not telling me a lot.  I was told that there was some soot found on her - on Somer and

NG - Soot?

S. Thompson - and I was told one time that they found some soot that possibly came from that house.  That she may have been in there.....
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #224 on: October 30, 2009, 05:31:42 PM »

penny for your thoughts. I would have to guess he killed if he molested her to keep from being identified and going to jail or like you said. A serial killer. There is no logic to serial killing.
actually there is tons of logic to serial killing... they all do it for some reason and they usually do the same thing everytime... it is all very ritualistic and it is all about them being 100% in control of the kill... no serial killer operates out of fear
guys i am not saying i totally believe this is a serial killer but a lot of the facts we are getting aren't making much sense
lets say you are a local and you know the trash pick up days... you just kidnapped a child after school do you honestly not expect le to be aware of her disappearance and checking dumpsters etc like immediately... and if you were worried about dna wouldn't you take the clothes off of her at least maybe the fingers hair teeth too... to me if it were a local pred they would have better concealed her identity and put her somewhere that she wouldn't be found at all... i've considered a "friend" being the perp and wanting her found to give the family closure but they wouldn't have done it out of respect in the trash...
i don't know to me it just seems like he almost wanted her to be found
i just got done reading about a +++++++ deaf janitor who had 2 girls hidden in a pit beneath the altar of a church for 6 weeks and when he was arrested he had a 3rd girl in the car... they were all alive and doing well he just wanted to keep them to take care of them no molestation involved... i just don't get how dumb this guy could have been by putting her in a local dumpster in her clothes and not expect to get caught... i mean why not put her in a local body of water weighed down with something or a local ditch then bury her... just seems weird to me
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #225 on: October 30, 2009, 05:36:22 PM »

Penny - just read the NG transcript of Oct. 29.

S. Thompson - Well they're not telling me a lot.  I was told that there was some soot found on her - on Somer and

NG - Soot?

S. Thompson - and I was told one time that they found some soot that possibly came from that house.  That she may have been in there.....

thanks can...
guys soot can be other things besides fire soot ...like my grandpa used to call concrete dust soot and my husband calls leftovers from sanding things like drywall etc soot too... although a house under renovations most likely does have some sort of soot it just might not be the black smoke kind that i think we are all picturing... just saying
do we have any fllocals on here? do you guys call other stuff soot too?
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #226 on: October 30, 2009, 05:38:21 PM »

Welcome FindingAnswers!

God forbid that the monster hurts another child.

I feel that the perp will be arrested soon, and is probably in their sights, while LE waits on forensics.

I think they are close too. Just not enough information for an arrest.

Thank you for the welcome too.

Me too.

Remember, Sheriff Beseler said:

Beseler said while investigators were fortunate to have found Somer’s body quickly, patience will be needed.
“I don’t want people to think that just because we don’t have a suspect in custody after a week that means this case is not going to be solved,” he said. “We have got a tremendous amount of evidence. We have a tremendous amount of leads.”

"Analysis of evidence sent to forensics labs has not been finished and will take time," Beseler said.

At some point (I cannot find it exactly right now) he said it could take weeks, months, even. Personally, I think they will rush the testing on her, though.

I also believe there are some individuals that LE are watching 24/7 in this case.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #227 on: October 30, 2009, 05:39:57 PM »

Yes, I call things other things soot as well.

Penny I think the issue of her being placed in a dumpster was spoken of last night on NG.  Pat what's her face, the crim. profiler said that the perp may not have had a vehicle to move Somer out of the area. 
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #228 on: October 30, 2009, 05:45:33 PM »

This is just my ramblings, but did they ever say she was fully dressed? I may have missed it. All the reports that I see say that they saw her legs sticking out from under the trash. Just wondering if anyone knows the answer about that.

This is all that has been released to my knowledge concerning that (besides the statement that her legs were first seen):

An autopsy done in Savannah Thursday has revealed the cause of death of the Orange Park 7-year-old, who disappeared Monday while walking home from school. Somer was initially identified through a birthmark and clothing she was wearing when her body was found Wednesday in a Folkston, Ga., landfill.

Hope that helps.

Lenie:

Welcome to the forum! (Lots of new monkeys here lately!)

FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #229 on: October 30, 2009, 05:48:02 PM »

Penny I think the issue of her being placed in a dumpster was spoken of last night on NG.  Pat what's her face, the crim. profiler said that the perp may not have had a vehicle to move Somer out of the area. 

Prime news didn't have anything new.

They also said on that show. The killer may be from the area and had to dump the body quickly before getting caught. A person not known to the area would have had a chance to take the body miles away but they didnt. So something caused them to have to dump her body very fast without getting caught. I know that is not verbatim but that is what i took from the information.

I found this link very interesting. I hope you all do too.

Types of killers and serial killers along with their traits.
http://karisable.com/crserial1.htm

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #230 on: October 30, 2009, 05:52:38 PM »

Prime news didn't have anything new.

They also said on that show. The killer may be from the area and had to dump the body quickly before getting caught. A person not known to the area would have had a chance to take the body miles away but they didnt. So something caused them to have to dump her body very fast without getting caught. I know that is not verbatim but that is what i took from the information.

I found this link very interesting. I hope you all do too.

Types of killers and serial killers along with their traits.
http://karisable.com/crserial1.htm

Yes, that's what I got too. 
Thanks for the link - will go and have a read.
Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #231 on: October 30, 2009, 06:01:33 PM »

This is just my ramblings, but did they ever say she was fully dressed? I may have missed it. All the reports that I see say that they saw her legs sticking out from under the trash. Just wondering if anyone knows the answer about that.

This is all that has been released to my knowledge concerning that (besides the statement that her legs were first seen):

An autopsy done in Savannah Thursday has revealed the cause of death of the Orange Park 7-year-old, who disappeared Monday while walking home from school. Somer was initially identified through a birthmark and clothing she was wearing when her body was found Wednesday in a Folkston, Ga., landfill.

Hope that helps.

Lenie:

Welcome to the forum! (Lots of new monkeys here lately!)

Thanks for the welcome. Have always been interested in finding and stopping these monsters, but have just found you all a few days ago. Great ideas and conversations here.

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #232 on: October 30, 2009, 06:02:10 PM »

Good afternoon everyone, welcome new monkeys!

The soot obviously tells the story of why the house was searched. The house could still have soot, it depends if the beams have all be replaced yet or not. Like someone said the dumpster at the house could still have items with soot. Where else does soot come from? Fires but are there any other places?

The cloths, could be the perp couldn't get the cloths off fully if she was fighting.

The obit, well it depends

I believe she was taken by a child preditor and killed because she was most likely saying she was going to tell. I do not rule out there being more then one person involved.

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #233 on: October 30, 2009, 06:09:21 PM »

What about if the person just panicked ? Persons in that area probably know where their trash goes, which is far away. If it hadn't been for LE acting so quickly with the trucks she would have never been found. Maybe the person lives with other persons and had no where to put her for a while. I doubt if she was put in the perp's trash, but close to where his trash can is.
He could have a vehicle but others might be able to access the vehicle.
Why do they think that some one has info and isn't talking ? Because Somer put up a fight
and the person would have some explaining to do re marks on the body. Plus any strange behaviour. Can they round up the RSO's who like little girls and check them for wounds ? Or do they have to have some sorts of probable cause to do so ?     
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #234 on: October 30, 2009, 06:11:15 PM »

Hi Tracygirl. Soot comes from fires and charcoal grills and fireplaces as far as i know.

I don't rule out more than one person either but going by statistics it is most likely one person and male. I wish we had more information to go on at this point.

Thank you for the welcome too.

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #235 on: October 30, 2009, 06:14:02 PM »

though I'm not as up on this case as so many others are, I got the feeling last week from what was being said by LE that the killer is a male.

When I realized last week that LE was operating as if this was a given, it made me wonder if there was evidence from Somer's body or evidence connected to Somer's body that indicated that the killer was a male, be it blood or other pointers that could help distinguish (quickly) male or female.

just my hunch.

jill the father let it slip out on the Nancy Grace show lastnight that LE had tissue under her nails and defensive wounds. I am sure they have other evidence possibly even semen. They just need someone to match it to that is not in their database yet. IMO I do believe it is a male and a sex crime and murder.

I do as well.
i'm on verge of believing it is a serial killer and might not have anything to do with sex what so ever ... they said she was identified by the clothes she was wearing when she was found not by the clothes she was wearing when she went missing... leads me to believe she was wearing her clothes still... this is a person who didn't care if she was identified he did something to her in a quick period of time and then threw her in the trash... i can't get over why re-dress her only to toss in the trash
re-dressing shows humility trash does not

What you said in this post is what made me think that it is possible there was no sex yesterday when I found the information on Thomas Welnicki in the Jennifer  Marteliz case. He claims in his visions he gave police that it had nothing to do with sex. Whoever committed the crime, according to him.

When he describes everything in his vision to police in that case. it sounds like he is describing the Somer Thompson case.

I keep going back and forth on the issue of sexual assault only because of what we know and statistics but I agree that it may not be sexual and just a serial killer. I do feel it is male and I assume for sexual assault but I may be wrong about the sexual assault.

I am sorry for rambling.
i read all the jennifer info at the link you left about it and as far as the w guy it might have been him or he may just be a loon... early 80's, heroin, psychics, the 80's were the strangest decade i think for what was the social norm, disco witches that hadn't yet died out so on one hand i want to say his visions were a confession he just couldn't commit to and on the other hand he may just be a loon that had nothing to do with it
but all over the country there are kids kidnapped and never found within minutes of being out of site like mikelle gibbs of arizona
with her she was chasing a phantom icecream truck that never came yet all the kids in the hood heard the jingle and they cleared all the local ice cream men...
i guess the question is why kill her instead of just molesting her any ideas?

Penny,  Mikelle Gibbs lived about 3 miles from my old house.  That was so sad. 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #236 on: October 30, 2009, 06:19:05 PM »

What about if the person just panicked ? Persons in that area probably know where their trash goes, which is far away. If it hadn't been for LE acting so quickly with the trucks she would have never been found. Maybe the person lives with other persons and had no where to put her for a while. I doubt if she was put in the perp's trash, but close to where his trash can is.
Why do they think that some one has info and isn't talking ? Because Somer put up a fight
and the person would have some explaining to do re marks on the body. Plus any strange behaviour. Can they round up the RSO's who like little girls and check them for wounds ? Or do they have to have some sorts of probable cause to do so ?     

I think they have excluded all the RSO's in this case for a reason. I also think you bring up some very good points that i agree with. The words the sheriff used in his last conference really stick out to me. I believe they know some information by the trash found with Somers body and know that people in the area must know the person and they just dont realize it. Possibly mail collected with her body or other items that lead them to specific people in the community. The trash closest to Somer when she was found is what they will be looking at. I don't know. Something is leading them to believe someone in the community knows the person and that person may just be a visitor or friend or roomate receiving mail at a specific persons address. Am I rambling? lol

penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #237 on: October 30, 2009, 06:19:55 PM »

well if it is literally soot from fire then le should be able to do an exact match to soot from the house i would think... did anyone see how le gained entry to the building?
i know the article i read said the peaked in thru the window but were there any missing windows or holes in the exterior? how would the killer have gotten in?
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #238 on: October 30, 2009, 06:25:00 PM »

I think they have excluded all the RSO's in this case for a reason. I also think you bring up some very good points that i agree with. The words the sheriff used in his last conference really stick out to me. I believe they know some information by the trash found with Somers body and know that people in the area must know the person and they just dont realize it. Possibly mail collected with her body or other items that lead them to specific people in the community. The trash closest to Somer when she was found is what they will be looking at. I don't know. Something is leading them to believe someone in the community knows the person and that person may just be a visitor or friend or roomate receiving mail at a specific persons address. Am I rambling? lol

Making perfect sense to me!

penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #239 on: October 30, 2009, 06:26:24 PM »

i don't want to stack quotes and o/t kind of but AZSUNNY there was an update about her the other night on tv and her sister that was with her that day who felt guilty for over 10 yrs for letting her stay outside by herself while she ran in to get her coat... her bike wheel was still spinning her dad failed lie detector tests and voice stress tests but he really didn't do it... they had the entire neighborhood searching within minutes and she was never found... there was one guy who showed up at one of the searches and was screwing with police who they say they knew in their gut did it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.