April 25, 2024, 08:06:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #2 10/29/09 - 4/26/10  (Read 726765 times)
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #340 on: October 30, 2009, 10:48:15 PM »

AZsunny If she knew the person. I don't think she knew them very well. just someone she recognized or an aquaintance. I'm not sure she knew them but going by statistics. she could very well have.

A tribute to those who died at Fort Hood & all fallen soldiers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxJf9ZezTZE
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #341 on: October 30, 2009, 10:50:35 PM »

AZsunny If she knew the person. I don't think she knew them very well. just someone she recognized or an aquaintance. I'm not sure she knew them but going by statistics. she could very well have.

Yes, that is my thought as well.  Scary as h*ll isn't it?

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #342 on: October 30, 2009, 10:51:53 PM »

Good Evening all you Monkey Masterminds and

WELCOME to all the NEW MONKEYS!!!!     

It's been hard for me to catch up with all the new info and links.  I'd like to clarify a comment that I left on the previous thread about Somer missing fingers. I was reading various news articles and I knew the police were not giving out much info so I thought if I read the comments on the news articles I might find someone who seemed to know more than the police were letting out. That's when I found the comment about missing fingers - See the comment I found below along with the link where I found it.  I just thought it was odd that someone would jump to the conclusion that Somer was missing her fingers because LE said to look for someone with scratches etc.  Just struck me as odd ....

Latest unsubstantiated rumor is...
Submitted by Mini Me on Wed. 10/28/2009 at 7:21 pm
...that Somer's body is missing her fingers. This might explain why the cops want us on the lookout for for someone with injuries to the arms and head. The killer would have known the cops would check for DNA under her fingernails.

http://jacksonville.com/community/my_clay_sun/2009-10-28/story/orange_park_puts_somer_thompson_its_sunshine_to_rest
Why does the name "mini me" sound familiar.  Did someone use that name on this site?

Mini Me was Dr. Evil's side kick in the Austin Power's movie.  I think alot of people may use it for a screen name and possibly here too I don't know.
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #343 on: October 30, 2009, 10:59:35 PM »

Was the memorial open to the public? I was think it was?the reason I ask is because. If what some of you are saying that somer might have known her killer. And if he does have the balls to join the search or whatever. I wonder if he would have went to the memorial and if so isn't there a book that everyone signs. I wonder if the person who killed her would have signed it. Do the le have a poi?
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #344 on: October 30, 2009, 11:00:48 PM »

Yes, that is my thought as well.  Scary as h*ll isn't it?

It sure is. We can't even feel safe in our own homes without worrying if someone will sneak in and take our child. Ala.... Daniell Van Dam, Elizebeth Smart, Polly Klaas and many more..

When somone rapes or molest or murders a child they need sent away for life. The laws need to change drastically.

FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #345 on: October 30, 2009, 11:02:58 PM »

Was the memorial open to the public? I was think it was?the reason I ask is because. If what some of you are saying that somer might have known her killer. And if he does have the balls to join the search or whatever. I wonder if he would have went to the memorial and if so isn't there a book that everyone signs. I wonder if the person who killed her would have signed it. Do the le have a poi?

Yes it was open to the public. I am not sure if they had everyone sign a book.

I think police have an idea but they do not have enough evidence to arrest or bring them in. That is the impression I got from the last press confrerence and the profile by the sheriff anyway.

peacelove76
Scared Monkey

« Reply #346 on: October 30, 2009, 11:06:15 PM »

I feel if we look at the basics of Means, Motive and Opportunity I believe it's the Mother 1) Means =the ability  2) Motive = the reason 3) Opportunity = Location. I think she was angry that she had to go out looking for her... They ruled out the sex offenders very quicky. They seemed to know to look in the garbage. They know they are following the case close. They are not really warning the area that a predator is on the loose.  What they dont say -if it was a sex crime which would mean it's a man. That the family has been cleared. Not to mention all the interviews that the mother has made and the letter of thanks which was all very odd if you ask me.

I don't think the mom committed this crime. However, I do think something is different about this case. I know that people handle grief and crises in different ways. But I've rarely seen a mom (or close family member) acting this vocal and visible from the beginning, so soon after a horrible tragedy. I know there is no such thing as "normal" in a traumatic event. Some people are stoic or adrenaline takes over (or medication). But when I think of the famous cases like Lacey Peterson, Nicole Brown Simpson, Maddie Clifton, and many others over the years, the reactions of those families came across as very "normal" to me. In this case, it's just unusual, I think. Some things don't add up at all, like the timeline. Also, the fact that the poor little girl was put in the local trash. I think most people who do these things would want to take her far away, at LEAST to another zip code, if not further. Right? And you are correct about the lack of "warning" from the LE. No one is repeatedly saying "Please be extra cautious and safe." They are basically saying "There is a child killer on the loose." Period.  Well, I'm just glad we have these forums to discuss these things without feeling silly or judgmental. I'm not judging--I'm just concerned/curious.

"Revenge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die." Walter Savage Landor
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #347 on: October 30, 2009, 11:19:57 PM »

Well I wonder if the le does have a poi. Maybe they should look in the book if there was one. I have heard of killers sticking close thinking they are not gonna get caught. And I seen where someone posted. If it was a sex assault that is was a man. I don't agree with that. Because sandtra cantu's killer is a woman and she did terrible things the that poor child. Not saying it was not a man. Just saying it could have very well been a woman. In these days and times NOTHING would surprise me @ all
peacelove76
Scared Monkey

« Reply #348 on: October 30, 2009, 11:20:45 PM »

Thank you rose colored glasses.

It could be that LE told the mom they would contact the father. He has talked really good about her when I have heard him on TV. I agree he should have been included in the obit. Hopefully it was just an oversight and not out of spite. It's also possible someone other than Diena helped the funeral director write up the obit and left him out of it. Who knows but I do agree with those who say it is wrong if it was done out of spite.It was his baby girl who was murdered too.

I have mixed feelings on this whole thing.  I probably would put my "husband" on an obit but that would be it.  Somers father is a lot like my soon to be ex in the fact of how he talks about the mom.   My husband rarely says anything about me that is bad.  In fact everyone I meet who knows him just talks about the good things he says.  One lady didn't even know that we are seperated and at that point had been for 2 years, he never goes into details or he flat out lies.  They all say how much he loves his kids and NONE of them, not even the best friend knew that he sees them once a month, lives 10 miles from me and works 1 mile away, can go to his friends house every Tuesday but still cannot see his kids.  I'm not saying her dad is doing that but since I live through it I can see it as a possibility and can tell you it has caused serious bitter feelings over here, especially when my youngest cries to see him.  I won't throw a stone at Somer's dad or the mom but I do say I don't agree with leaving his name off the obit.

Many of us have made comments about the marriage, the family situation and the myspace and facebook pages and such. I agree it seems to be a bitter or sad situation, just based on what we've seen. However, I have often thought that if someone were to look at my family or friends' situations "at a glance" or read our facebook pages briefly, I would hate for anyone I know to be judged solely on that. I've done internet searches on myself and it's very misleading. Not necessarily positive or negative, just inaccurate. According to the internet, I am related to people who I have never met, lived in towns I've never lived in, own property that I don't own, and so on. (And I know it's me listed--not just another person with my name). It's actually kind of funny. Oh, and according to google maps, my house hasn't been built yet, LOL! We've all known people who have been separated or divorced or who've written silly things on their facebook pages. But we know they're good people and stable etc. No one can really tell someone else's character just based on internet searches. However, I will say, in this situation the obit things speaks volumes and it is sad. Valerie Bertinelli said it best:"Love your children more than you hate your ex."

"Revenge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die." Walter Savage Landor
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #349 on: October 30, 2009, 11:20:47 PM »

I don't think the Mom did this either.  I think she is swinging between grief over the loss of her child and anger at whoever did this. 
The day that Somer went missing I read that she had a disagreement or fight with another child at school and her sister was fussing at her about it on the way home.  Maybe her sister was going to tell her Mom and so Somer ran up ahead and then was afraid to go home.  Maybe she ran through that apartment complex and hid behind a dumpster there.  Maybe that's where the perp saw her and took advantage of her being in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #350 on: October 30, 2009, 11:21:28 PM »

Good Evening all you Monkey Masterminds and

WELCOME to all the NEW MONKEYS!!!!     

It's been hard for me to catch up with all the new info and links.  I'd like to clarify a comment that I left on the previous thread about Somer missing fingers. I was reading various news articles and I knew the police were not giving out much info so I thought if I read the comments on the news articles I might find someone who seemed to know more than the police were letting out. That's when I found the comment about missing fingers - See the comment I found below along with the link where I found it.  I just thought it was odd that someone would jump to the conclusion that Somer was missing her fingers because LE said to look for someone with scratches etc.  Just struck me as odd ....

Latest unsubstantiated rumor is...
Submitted by Mini Me on Wed. 10/28/2009 at 7:21 pm
...that Somer's body is missing her fingers. This might explain why the cops want us on the lookout for for someone with injuries to the arms and head. The killer would have known the cops would check for DNA under her fingernails.

http://jacksonville.com/community/my_clay_sun/2009-10-28/story/orange_park_puts_somer_thompson_its_sunshine_to_rest
Why does the name "mini me" sound familiar.  Did someone use that name on this site?

Mini Me was Dr. Evil's side kick in the Austin Power's movie.  I think alot of people may use it for a screen name and possibly here too I don't know.
LOL...alrighty, guess I never saw those movies.  I know who he is, but that is my limit.

FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #351 on: October 30, 2009, 11:34:55 PM »

I don't think the Mom did this either.  I think she is swinging between grief over the loss of her child and anger at whoever did this. 
The day that Somer went missing I read that she had a disagreement or fight with another child at school and her sister was fussing at her about it on the way home.  Maybe her sister was going to tell her Mom and so Somer ran up ahead and then was afraid to go home.  Maybe she ran through that apartment complex and hid behind a dumpster there.  Maybe that's where the perp saw her and took advantage of her being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I wonder if the trash was being picked up at the house that was burned out? I know the construction dumpster wasn't emptied for a while but I don't know about the regular trash?

This person was fast and sneaky. they grabbed her did what they did and dumped her in a very short time. I wonder if they hid her in something and dumped her the morning of trash day which was Tuesday on their way to work or they waited and dumped her at night Monday night?

I'm just trying to figure out how and when they put her in the trash.

peacelove76
Scared Monkey

« Reply #352 on: October 30, 2009, 11:42:29 PM »

<snipped>

Hi everyone. This looked like a good place for a first post. I am so sad about Somer and other children. I just wanted to say hello and that I'm not involved like one poster who asked about "new" people. You are all soooooo smart here and I hope that your sleuthing rubs off on me!

I am just getting here today so I am pages behind, but I want to welcome Moreplease to the cage!

Glad to have you joining us!

lovepeace76: I left you a post at: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4314.msg1000182#msg1000182

Still reading pages back right now. Trying to catch up!

Thank you my sweet friend Brandi! That was so kind if you!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #353 on: October 30, 2009, 11:53:31 PM »

I wonder if the trash was being picked up at the house that was burned out? I know the construction dumpster wasn't emptied for a while but I don't know about the regular trash?

This person was fast and sneaky. they grabbed her did what they did and dumped her in a very short time. I wonder if they hid her in something and dumped her the morning of trash day which was Tuesday on their way to work or they waited and dumped her at night Monday night?

Just a point: No one was living in that house, so I don't think there would be "regular trash" to pick up. The construction crews would use their dumpsters. JMO.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #354 on: October 30, 2009, 11:54:04 PM »

<snipped>

Hi everyone. This looked like a good place for a first post. I am so sad about Somer and other children. I just wanted to say hello and that I'm not involved like one poster who asked about "new" people. You are all soooooo smart here and I hope that your sleuthing rubs off on me!

I am just getting here today so I am pages behind, but I want to welcome Moreplease to the cage!

Glad to have you joining us!

lovepeace76: I left you a post at: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4314.msg1000182#msg1000182

Still reading pages back right now. Trying to catch up!

Thank you my sweet friend Brandi! That was so kind if you!

You are very welcome, peacelove!

4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #355 on: October 30, 2009, 11:54:54 PM »

Seems like everything had to take place very quickly.  One thing that is really bothering me is that we don't know for sure that she was sexually molested.  LE is not saying much of anything so what if she wasn't molested and that is why she was wearing her clothes etc????  God forgive my thoughts but what if the perp was too young to drive???? Sorry did not want to go there but leave no stone unturned, you know???
candycane
Scared Monkey

« Reply #356 on: October 30, 2009, 11:56:33 PM »

I feel if we look at the basics of Means, Motive and Opportunity I believe it's the Mother 1) Means =the ability  2) Motive = the reason 3) Opportunity = Location. I think she was angry that she had to go out looking for her... They ruled out the sex offenders very quicky. They seemed to know to look in the garbage. They know they are following the case close. They are not really warning the area that a predator is on the loose.  What they dont say -if it was a sex crime which would mean it's a man. That the family has been cleared. Not to mention all the interviews that the mother has made and the letter of thanks which was all very odd if you ask me.

I don't think the mom committed this crime. However, I do think something is different about this case. I know that people handle grief and crises in different ways. But I've rarely seen a mom (or close family member) acting this vocal and visible from the beginning, so soon after a horrible tragedy. I know there is no such thing as "normal" in a traumatic event. Some people are stoic or adrenaline takes over (or medication). But when I think of the famous cases like Lacey Peterson, Nicole Brown Simpson, Maddie Clifton, and many others over the years, the reactions of those families came across as very "normal" to me. In this case, it's just unusual, I think. Some things don't add up at all, like the timeline. Also, the fact that the poor little girl was put in the local trash. I think most people who do these things would want to take her far away, at LEAST to another zip code, if not further. Right? And you are correct about the lack of "warning" from the LE. No one is repeatedly saying "Please be extra cautious and safe." They are basically saying "There is a child killer on the loose." Period.  Well, I'm just glad we have these forums to discuss these things without feeling silly or judgmental. I'm not judging--I'm just concerned/curious.

Not only was it local trash but the statement by Bruce Owens "if a truck was seen"
Garbage Trucks Lead To Missing Girl's Body

Somer's body was found miles from her home in Clay County. It was quick thinking by a detective that led to the break in the case.

Detective Bruce Owens said he alerted Beseler that clues could be found in trash from around Orange Park.

"If a truck was seen, it would be best to follow it to its next location, so they could search or follow it to the closest landfill, so they could isolate it from the dump," Owens said.[
Owens said he got dozens of deputies and police officers on the road after Somer was reported missing. He said he wanted all garbage trucks checked as quickly as possible.

"Time is of the essence. That collection was being done by outside companies," Owens said.

Dozens of squad cars stayed on the trail of the garbage trucks as they traveled across the state line into Georgia.

"They sifted through about 300,000 tons of waste," Owens said.

About 200,000 tons of trash was searched at a landfill in Clay County, and 100,000 tons was searched at a dump in Folkston, Ga.

After hours of work, the fears of investigators turned into reality. The body of a young girl was found and identified as Somer.

Beseler praised Owens for his effort.

4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #357 on: October 30, 2009, 11:56:35 PM »

Peacelove

You look very pretty in your new avi!!!!

Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #358 on: October 31, 2009, 12:00:13 AM »

I wonder if they have evidence that she was dumped from the trash truck?

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #359 on: October 31, 2009, 12:03:24 AM »

I wonder if they have evidence that she was dumped from the trash truck?

I believe that was confirmed.  She was found in the midst of the trash collected from that area near her home.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.