April 25, 2024, 06:25:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #2 10/29/09 - 4/26/10  (Read 726799 times)
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #700 on: November 02, 2009, 03:54:29 PM »

Do you guys mind telling me who you think killed somer? You know just opinions

luvmyboys - I'm at a loss.  My guess is someone she either knows or has seen around alot.  Someone that didn't scare her.
yes but her mother said somer never met a stranger... translates to she wasn't scared of strangers and in fact made friends with them... could have been any gentle person that said hello and lured her to where ever and then it all turned... whenever we see sex preds that we call scary like the guy on bay circle for example he probably would have looked friendly to somer... while kids do ave a scary hinky meter they usually don't have a creepy hinky meter
peacelove76
Scared Monkey

« Reply #701 on: November 02, 2009, 03:54:32 PM »

I was hoping for some news today. I guess they aren't any closer to getting the killer.

It had been hinted that an "announcement" would be made soon (as in ????) not sure what/when. My opinion is that it's been a little TOO quiet lately. Maybe the calm before the storm.... (I hope!)

"Revenge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die." Walter Savage Landor
peacelove76
Scared Monkey

« Reply #702 on: November 02, 2009, 03:58:12 PM »

Do you guys mind telling me who you think killed somer? You know just opinions

luvmyboys - I'm at a loss.  My guess is someone she either knows or has seen around alot.  Someone that didn't scare her.
yes but her mother said somer never met a stranger... translates to she wasn't scared of strangers and in fact made friends with them... could have been any gentle person that said hello and lured her to where ever and then it all turned... whenever we see sex preds that we call scary like the guy on bay circle for example he probably would have looked friendly to somer... while kids do ave a scary hinky meter they usually don't have a creepy hinky meter

Have any of you read Gavin De Becker's books?

"Protecting the Gift"

In this valuable, even necessary, book, he shatters many myths about the typical profiles of regular offenders and the prevalence of such problems as sexual abuse and kidnapping. He also deconstructs the wisdom of traditional maxims such as "Never talk to strangers" and "If you are ever lost, go to a policeman." Without offering a compendium of every conceivable danger, he identifies warning signals and real risks that are often easy to spot once you know what to look for. He offers practical advice on recognizing signs of sexual abuse, choosing a baby sitter or nanny, how to prepare kids for walking to school alone, and how to teach children about potential risks without making them afraid to venture out of the house. And he continually stresses that denial and ignoring intuition are the biggest mistakes that parents make in protecting their kids from those that mean them harm. Well written and infinitely informative, Protecting the Gift affords parents more confidence and less reason for unnecessary worry. --Shawn Carkonen 

"Revenge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die." Walter Savage Landor
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #703 on: November 02, 2009, 04:06:24 PM »

Bombshell!!!! William Leon Kuhn arrested 11/1/2009 for failure to registering address

http://p2c.claysheriff.com/jailinmates.aspx

To me, this is very good.

Means they are keeping a close eye on him.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #704 on: November 02, 2009, 04:11:05 PM »

Reminder - the inserted photo is of William Leon Kuhn:

I believe the man above is the same man below, Robert O'Cain, a neighbor.

penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #705 on: November 02, 2009, 04:11:56 PM »

I know most of you don't believe as I do on who I think did it this. But I want to point out that in all the news coverage I have not heard of one person that said they saw her looking for her child or calling the friends parents to see if she was at there houses. Sorry in advance if this offends some of you
Do you know any of the friends parents ? Because you did post a link to the uncle of the girl who she was walking home with and that little girl was questioned.

I do not know the friends parents. She was questioned by the police and I didnt hear them say that the Mom called and came by asking any questions. When the Mom was out looking for her were did she look? It is kind of strange also (if you ask me) that when the body was found and she was asked if she knew about the vacant house her response was ..."I know about the house. I know about the fire. I didn't know that they were investigating it. I don't know really much more than what y'all know," said Diena Thompson, Somer's mother.
 She Didn't even skip a beat. I think I would have dropped dead on the spot if thought I was picking my son up in that location OPAA so near to my childs possible crime seen.
she was looking thru out the neighborhood and flagged a cop down... if she hadn't been out physically looking then we all would have said why was she just sitting on her ass calling people instead of looking...
and i doubt that what i am saying will change your mind because you seem really convinced that the mom did it which is your right to opinion but a little input with kids that age:
the mother stated she never met a stranger and it was also stated that she tried to make friends with everybody she met... no offense to somer's memory but kids that age that try too hard to make friends with kids too much are usually the ones that have no friends and end up bullied for being the soft kid that is too nice... kids are mean and it could be that she didn't have any outside of school friends my youngest daughter didn't have any at that age because she was too sweet and they all called her a kissup... she had a friend or 2 in the lunch room but girls that age are catty and they go after the nice ones first and the ones who do make friends with them are ostracized by the cool group too... just saying she may not have had any friends to call
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #706 on: November 02, 2009, 04:15:48 PM »

I was hoping for some news today. I guess they aren't any closer to getting the killer.

It had been hinted that an "announcement" would be made soon (as in ????) not sure what/when. My opinion is that it's been a little TOO quiet lately. Maybe the calm before the storm.... (I hope!)

I am still trying to find someone who covers the daily 4 PM pressers live.

Anyone had any luck with that?

FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #707 on: November 02, 2009, 04:17:02 PM »

peace I have not read that book but it sounds like one that all parents should read. I think i'll be making a trip to the book store this week. Thank you for posting the information.

I know this may sound a little nuts but I have been trying all day to find the Agency number for Miley Cyrus and Billy Ray Cyrus to tell them one of Miley's biggest fans was kidnapped and murdered and see if they could help with the reward fund or at the very least call and give their personal condolences to Somer's mother.

The contact numbers i have called are old numbers and agencies no longer representing either of them.
If any of you know how to contact them I think it would be a great gesture to raise the reward fund even higher.

A tribute to those who died at Fort Hood & all fallen soldiers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxJf9ZezTZE
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #708 on: November 02, 2009, 04:22:08 PM »

http://www.projo.com/news/content/GREENVILLE_GUILLOTINE_11-02-09_GHG9SPO_v8.353c06a.html
What he would do to child killers

01:00 AM EST on Monday, November 2, 2009
By Donita Naylor
Journal Staff Writer

SMITHFIELD — Robert Croft, 74, has 10 great-grandchildren, if you include his step-great-grandchildren. Six of them are girls.

Inside his house, at 86 Pleasant View Ave., he displays family photos.

Outside his house, next to the Smithfield High School track, he displays a working guillotine.
Croft, who ran the biker bar Bonnie & Clyde’s for 35 years and now cleans at his daughter’s sports bar, Taylor’s Dugout, has strong feelings about people who commit unspeakable crimes against children.
I go back to Polly Klaas,” he says, which is 1993. She was abducted from her Petaluma, Calif., bedroom during a slumber party. When her body was found two months later, the Polly Klaas Foundation had already begun the work that has led to Amber Alerts, child-safety kits and three-strikes laws for repeat offenders.

Croft’s feelings are so strong that in 2005, after he heard about Jessica Lunsford, 9, a Florida girl who was kidnapped, raped, held prisoner and buried alive in garbage bags, he had a gallows built near his bar and hung an effigy of the suspect, identified by a sign as “child molester John Couey.”

Couey got the death sentence in 2007. A month ago, he died of anal cancer. Last year, when Croft heard about Caley Anthony’s body being found in a Florida swamp in a trash bag, “I blew my top.”

He thought: “Something’s got to be done.” So he hired a carpenter.

“I took $900 out of the bank. Me and a carpenter built this guillotine. We built it because I couldn’t take it no more.”

It’s a working, life-size guillotine, built from plans the carpenter found at the library. Standing in Croft’s driveway, the guillotine can’t be seen from the school grounds, and the sign on top is too small to be read from a passing car. But people on foot or in vehicles slowed by high school traffic can see that it says: Cure for child abuse.

The guillotine, developed during the French Revolution as a humane form of execution, was legal in France from 1792 until 1981, when the death penalty was abolished.

Croft put the guillotine in his driveway in August.
“I see it out there,” said John Cunningham, 75, a neighbor on Rosewood Drive. He said Croft kept it covered at first.

Cunningham wondered aloud Friday why the police haven’t paid a call, then said: “It’s Halloween, and people do crazy things.”

People honk their support, Croft said. After Somer Thompson was reported missing in Florida on Oct. 19 and her body was found two days later in a Georgia landfill, some people stopped and knocked on his door, he said. They were distraught. He said some advised him to call The Journal. “This should be in the paper nationwide,” he decided.

Somer Thompson was buried Oct. 27. He called the Journal Oct. 30.

“If I can save just one child’s life, it’s worth it, to me.”

Why didn’t he make the blade from cardboard and tinfoil?

“Because it wouldn’t get the message across,” he said. To buy the stainless steel and have it cut on an angle and sharpened, he said, cost $300.” That’s how serious I was about it.”

“These aren’t just little girls getting killed — these are barbaric crimes, what these girls have to go through.” He alternates between tears and anger.

He tells of a child (Jennifer Schuett, of Texas, 9 years old in 1990) sexually assaulted and left for dead in a field, her throat cut. She is 27 this year, and DNA evidence recently identified a suspect, who was arrested Aug. 14.

“They got the guy! They finally got this guy!” Croft said. Lethal injection is too easy a death. “You can’t put him to sleep on a table.

“These are barbaric crimes, and it takes a barbaric punishment… Do you think it would deter some of these idiots if they were dragged into Greenville” for a public beheading? He said he would be happy to do the job.

He cares so much, he said, because of his great-granddaughters. “If anything ever happened to her,” he indicated a photo in the kitchen, “I would go insane.” He worries that the crimes continue and the victims are forgotten.

What if using violence to stop violence only leads to more violence? What if the only way to stop child abuse is to forgive?

“I couldn’t do it,” he said.

“This is my answer.”

dnaylor@projo.com

I LOVE HIM!!!! 
and he looks great for over 70... especially the stache LOL
I agree 100%
although i do hope he takes it down as he would be liable if any teens were to get hurt on it
the guillotine i would make would only need a much smaller hole
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #709 on: November 02, 2009, 04:24:02 PM »

Peace I am in agreement with you. Wink

penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #710 on: November 02, 2009, 04:24:28 PM »

I have a sinking feeling it is going to be an older teen or young adult that is a sibling to some of the children that live in the neighborhood. After what I have been reading over the weekend of the MySpace's and other blogs on Elizabeth Olten's case, I guess it is pushing my mind in that direction.

I understand now that it is a pretty normal thing for there to be such thoughts and sometimes they are acted upon. Who better would know the neighborhood, and when the garbage would be picked up and such. They would not stick out to anyone, because they belong there.

It makes me sick to my stomach to go in this direction. 
i have not ruled out an older teen either...
although o/t the olten teen killer being a girl blew my mind
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #711 on: November 02, 2009, 04:26:28 PM »

Peace I am in agreement with you. Wink

Quoting to correct myself. I meant Penny for your thoughts. I am in agreement with you.

twocents
Scared Monkey

« Reply #712 on: November 02, 2009, 04:41:27 PM »

Brandi - I don't think they are having the 4:00 pressers any longer. I have not seen any on the local channels. I could be wrong though.
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #713 on: November 02, 2009, 05:01:24 PM »

Bombshell!!!! William Leon Kuhn arrested 11/1/2009 for failure to registering address

http://p2c.claysheriff.com/jailinmates.aspx

good!!!
why were we looking at him before and i know he was discussed but was there any other reason then the fact that he was a sex o
well this tells us tat his address we were going via his flyer was inaccurate... also in his deceased girlfriend memorial slideshow that can be found via the link heart left to her obit... he has is arms around several minors... add the charge for that too
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #714 on: November 02, 2009, 05:10:03 PM »

Reminder - the inserted photo is of William Leon Kuhn:

This is supposed to be his booking photo.  Odd he looks younger now in this.  He clearly dies his hair and he's shaved if this is really a current photo:

klaas that news screen freeze shot can you watch it full screen and get a larger pic of the hatted look alike... i can't get over the same laugh lines and i want to do a larger side by side or lay over and i can't find the vid on youtube ... thanks in advance
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #715 on: November 02, 2009, 05:15:23 PM »

They look a lot alike but the one thing that looks different to me is the chins. one is flat and straight and the other is narrow and pointy.

They could pass as brothers tho. Very creepy.

penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #716 on: November 02, 2009, 05:16:42 PM »

peace I have not read that book but it sounds like one that all parents should read. I think i'll be making a trip to the book store this week. Thank you for posting the information.

I know this may sound a little nuts but I have been trying all day to find the Agency number for Miley Cyrus and Billy Ray Cyrus to tell them one of Miley's biggest fans was kidnapped and murdered and see if they could help with the reward fund or at the very least call and give their personal condolences to Somer's mother.

The contact numbers i have called are old numbers and agencies no longer representing either of them.
If any of you know how to contact them I think it would be a great gesture to raise the reward fund even higher.
try contacting TMZ they might report it for you or send you in the right direction... after all they ran with that stupid mylie and dad save puppy on the side of the road story a while back
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #717 on: November 02, 2009, 05:18:05 PM »

I posted the screen shot a couple of pages back but here is the screen shot one with the name on it from first coast news..

FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #718 on: November 02, 2009, 05:21:39 PM »

Thanks penny. I didn't even think about TMZ. I did send off an email to one company hoping it gets to one of them. I just think it would be nice and they have the means and resources to help with the reward.

Matalica did it for the Virginia tech student. I thought this was worth a try for Somer.

penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #719 on: November 02, 2009, 05:27:31 PM »

They look a lot alike but the one thing that looks different to me is the chins. one is flat and straight and the other is narrow and pointy.

They could pass as brothers tho. Very creepy.

yeah but going by how his lips are i think he is intending it to look longer he snuck away with the pulling the fats oneon wrong address and everyone i have ever known to be arrested intentionally made themselves look different in their mugs
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.