April 18, 2024, 05:28:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #2 10/29/09 - 4/26/10  (Read 726365 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #760 on: November 02, 2009, 08:36:12 PM »

gotta go guy i need a break... hope they catch him tomorrow...
and there are too many missing kids in florida... it's getting to the point where you guys should gps monitor your kids and not the sex predators...jeez
would probably need less gps devices too...
night everyone

Good night penny. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #761 on: November 02, 2009, 08:37:04 PM »

I whole heartedly agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that we all have differing opinions which make for great discussions that inform all of us in one way or another.
I personally believe that opinions should be based on factuallyinformation as it is given or presented to us. There are no facts to support the mother being involved in any way shape or form. people claim she didn't cry or show real tears. I don't see that as a fact that one can base for an opinion of guilt.
We have susan smith who cried her eyes out who murdered her own children. we have Scott peterson who cried his eyes out only to find out he committed the crime. Basing an opinion soley on the premise that one did not show enough emotion or tears is not eought to condemn them or suspect them of committing the crime. I saw raw emotions and numbness in the mother and her emotions had grown seasoned investigators crying.
To top that off. I don't think that LE would put out a press conference outlining a profile of the person who may have done this if they had any idea or fact that would support the mothers involvement.

I think it takes away from the mothers right to grieve and the investigation when people start assuming she is involved solely based on their perception that she didn't show enough tears and emotion.

That is just my opinion.

BTW. My daughter is a victim of a teen predator who molested her as well. It happened years ago. She was 4.

Candycane I can sympathise with you and the ordeal you and your child had to endure. My heart does go out to you. Truly and sincerely. I know first hand what it is like to be a mother of a child who fell victim to a predator. I am truly sorry.

Candycane and finding answers--

Sorry to hear about your daughters. It's sad to hear about all the attacks on little girls and women. I'm glad your daughters are doing better, but it must be a horrible ordeal to go through.

I personally don't think Diena did anything to her daughter. My opinion is not based on facts, obviously. None of us know. I know I am new to this forum, but I personally feel we should be allowed to give our opinions here in a respectful manner--whether our opinion is based on intuition, "hinky meter," or something that was said in a news article.

The reason I chose to join this forum is that some things in this case just don't add up and the regular news media isn't discussing it or explaining it. I feel "safe" here, discussing things and asking opinions. I would hope that Diena (or any Thompson family member) is not reading this. However, you never know. People tend to google their names. I hope that if anyone DOES read this forum, they have the understanding that we're CURIOUS and CONCERNED.  I, for one, am not accusing anyone. I see a lot of "comments" on the news websites and I'm not sure that's a good idea. It can be misleading and hurtful. Makes you wonder about our new society and new way of exchanging info on the internet. Everyone has opinions. Remember when the news was just news?

Hope everyone has a nice night. And I REALLY hope we get some answers soon, from the people who have all the facts.

Peacelove:

Totally agree, especially with the BBM in your post.

Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #762 on: November 02, 2009, 08:40:46 PM »

I've just started reading this forum so I apologize if this question has already been asked, but has the Mom's boyfriend been ruled out?  Why did the Police say that all the registered sexual predators in the area had been ruled out- they did that very quickly after she was found- how could that be possible. Anyone want to clue me in?   
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #763 on: November 02, 2009, 08:41:33 PM »

Along the lines of what you all are talkign about.

Why didn't the registered sex offender who was convicted of rape in OH have his DNA on file. I thought all sex offenders had their DNA on file now.

If they don't all have their DNA on file before being released then how do they compare DNA in the data base with known sex offenders? How does this law or requirement apply to the sex offenders in FL and to this case?

My understanding is that since he had been convicted so long ago and then he was released before the law came into affect in Ohio that said he had to give his DNA. I bet this one goes a lot deeper and they find a lot more bodies also.
Not sure when he was convicted, but if it was prior to 1997, he wouldn't have to register and or be subjected to DNA testing.

http://www.klaaskids.org/st-ohio.htm

Ohio
updated 4/28/09

Contact Person: OHLEG (OHio Law Enforcement Gateway) helpdesk at 1 (866) 406-4534
Email ohlegsupport@ohioattorneygeneral.gov 
Offenders Required to Register: Sexual predators: a person who is convicted of a sexually violent offense and is found by the sentencing court to be a sexual predator. Habitual sex offenders: a person previously convicted of one or more sexually oriented offenses and sentencing judge determines community notification is necessary for that individual. The act applies to anyone released after January 1, 1997 regardless of when the individual was sentenced. Ohio has adopted the AWA Legislation. Offenders have been placed into a Tier category. Tier 1 (the old Sexually Oriented Offender), Tier 2 (the old Habitual Sexual Offender), and Tier 3 (the old Sexual Predator). The AWA designations took effect Jan. 1, 2008.
Information Collected: Fingerprints, photo, DNA and criminal history, vehicle registration information.
Administrating Agency: State Bureau of Criminal Investigations, local Sheriff Offices.
Timeframe for Registration: Within 3 days of entering any county; 3 days of changing address.
Applies to Out of State Offenders: Yes
Duration of Requirement: Sexual offenders: annually for 10 years. Sexual predators: every 90 days for life. Habitual offenders: annually for 20 years. Tier 1 Sex Offender: annually for 15 years; Tier 2 Sex Offender: every 180 days for 25 years; Tier 3 Sex Offender: every 90 days for 99 years. 
Verification of Address: Yes
Penalties for Non-Compliance: If convicted of a misdemeanor, the charge for failure to register is a misdemeanor. If convicted of a felony, the charge for failure to register is a felony.
Access to Information: Written notice of a ' Tier 2 Sex Offender w/Notification' or a 'Tier 3 Sex Offender w/Notification' is provided to the following persons within the specified geographic notification area (defined in administrative rule as the entire school district in which an offender resides): local law enforcement, all occupants of residences within 1000' of the offender's place of residence; the executive director of the public children services agency; the superintendent of each board of education of a school district; the appointing or hiring officer of each nonpublic school; the director, head teacher, or elementary principal of each preschool program; the administrator of each child day care center; and, the president or other chief administrative officer of each institution of higher education.
Confidentiality Provision: No

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #764 on: November 02, 2009, 08:44:26 PM »

FindingAnswers my sympathies go out to you as well to have that happen to your child, I just can't imagine.  an angelic monkey  monkey deep those are all great questions, I also am confused about the backback being different, since my kids are much older, is it possible that the Hannah Montana backpack could have crossbones and skulls on it? I seriously doubt it, just throwing that out there.  I will say it is hard for me to believe with all these people looming around how this happened, but it did, so I'm not sure what to say. I don't like this Sean guy, call it a gut feeling, I don't care, just something about him that bothers me, not saying he is involved. Maybe the usual babysitter was sick that day, and that is why Sean was asked to stay 

I agree with No Rose, interesting post, MonkeyDeep.

About the backpack, I only assume some kids have more than one. Sort of like we women have more than one purse and coordinate them with our outfits. It could very well be that Diena just did not remember correctly at first which backpack Somer took that day. I am sure her mind was in a whirlwind, worried sick that her child was missing. (I looked for hours and could not find a "Hanna Montana" backpack with black, pink and white and skulls and hearts on it.

I have found many that match the description, but not "Hanna Montana" ones.

At a press conference a while ago, it was asked if the backpack had been recovered, and Mary Justino said it had not, to her knowledge.

It may have by now, but I don't believe that information has been released, if it has.

And as others have pointed out, you ask many of the same questions we ask and have no answers to, yet.

Forgot to add this image. It is an image of all the backpacks I could find that met the description of: pink, white and black, hearts and skulls. None of them are "Hanna Montana," though.

Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #765 on: November 02, 2009, 08:48:12 PM »

Along the lines of what you all are talkign about.

http://www.klaaskids.org/st-ohio.htm

Not sure why he doesn't have DNA on file, I found this

"Police have arrested convicted rapist Anthony Sowell, 50, of Cleveland after finding six bodies in his home. Sowell has lived in the house since his 2005 release from prison after serving a 15-year sentence.

Should have it, but then again we are talking about Ohio (I am from Ohio and know how lax they are with pedophiles. )

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #766 on: November 02, 2009, 08:51:20 PM »

I've just started reading this forum so I apologize if this question has already been asked, but has the Mom's boyfriend been ruled out?  Why did the Police say that all the registered sexual predators in the area had been ruled out- they did that very quickly after she was found- how could that be possible. Anyone want to clue me in?   

Hi NO: Glad to have you join us here.

I believe the Sheriff said no one has been ruled out except for himself.

Concerning the RSOs in the area:

"Investigators have not ruled out anyone in the case, but have no reason to believe at this time that any are involved, Justino said."

Hope that helps.

FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #767 on: November 02, 2009, 09:08:41 PM »

Lenie i gree I bet there are more bodies yet to be foudn in that ohio case.It's a lot deeper than we think. i am sure.

I would like to appologize if i came across so crass to candycane. I guess my frustration is getting to me about this case and all the other cases that are out there. We have people murdering their own children. srangers or pedophiles taking and killing our children. teenagers killing eachother and our little ones.

I Just feel so badly for the mother and the whole family for having togo through this and nobody has been arrested yet.

My appologies for sounding so harsh. I stick by my opinion but didn't mean to sound so crass.

A tribute to those who died at Fort Hood & all fallen soldiers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxJf9ZezTZE
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #768 on: November 02, 2009, 09:10:19 PM »

Lenie i gree I bet there are more bodies yet to be foudn in that ohio case.It's a lot deeper than we think. i am sure.

I would like to appologize if i came across so crass to candycane. I guess my frustration is getting to me about this case and all the other cases that are out there. We have people murdering their own children. srangers or pedophiles taking and killing our children. teenagers killing eachother and our little ones.

I Just feel so badly for the mother and the whole family for having togo through this and nobody has been arrested yet.

My appologies for sounding so harsh. I stick by my opinion but didn't mean to sound so crass.

I don't think you sounded crass at all. I think you stated your opinion, and I happen to agree with it! 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
monkey deep
Scared Monkey

Look deep into the truth before you speak the fact

« Reply #769 on: November 02, 2009, 09:22:26 PM »

Here is what I found on the GPS of predators in FL

http://writ.news.findlaw.com/hamilton/20050519.html

Florida: A Smart Law That Includes An Absurd Distinction

In March, nine-year-old Jessica Lunsford was murdered in Florida by a registered sex offender. In April, thirteen-year-old Sarah Lunde also was murdered in Florida by a registered sex offender.

These terrible crimes spurred the Florida legislature to take fast action. By May, the Jessica Lunsford Act was enacted into law. It states that for certain sex crimes committed against children under twelve, the perpetrator must serve a sentence of twenty-five-years-to-life, and, if freed, must wear a GPS tracking anklet for the rest of his life. The speed of the enactment is a testimony to the fact that sexual predators of children do not have a powerful lobbying voice. There was no one to voice any meaningful opposition, making the law easy to pass in a moment of shared outrage.

The law itself is admirable, but its distinction between children under and over twelve is absurd. Under the law, if the victim is over twelve, the abuser's sentence would be shorter, and he would only have to wear the anklet during probation.

What could possibly be the rationale for this distinction? Was Sarah Lunde's murder less heinous than Jessica Lunsford's murder? Of course not. It is a mystery why the Florida legislators thought adolescents suffer any less than children when sexually abused by adults.

The Florida experience underlines a sad truth: Sometimes it takes public outrage to shock legislators out of their usual inclination to jawbone and delay, but even then legislatures are still woefully uneducated on the actual impact of sexual abuse on adolescents, as well as young children.

But at least, here, some legislation aiding children was quickly passed, and is properly harsh - at least for victims under twelve.

The lies you tell only stack the evidence against yourself, NOT the people you lie about!
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #770 on: November 02, 2009, 09:22:31 PM »

Thank you AZ.

The case in OH makes me wonder if the person who took and murdered somer may have a record but never had his DNA on file for whatever reason.

I wish they would catch this person. I hope they are watching the person if they know whoit is. he could be anywhere right now. He could be in our own neighborhoods if he left that area.

I think LE should at least come out and give information on who it is NOT and what they think about who it might be. The profile was too generic.

monkey deep
Scared Monkey

Look deep into the truth before you speak the fact

« Reply #771 on: November 02, 2009, 09:26:03 PM »

Thank you AZ.

The case in OH makes me wonder if the person who took and murdered somer may have a record but never had his DNA on file for whatever reason.

I wish they would catch this person. I hope they are watching the person if they know whoit is. he could be anywhere right now. He could be in our own neighborhoods if he left that area.

I think LE should at least come out and give information on who it is NOT and what they think about who it might be. The profile was too generic.

I totally agree!!

The lies you tell only stack the evidence against yourself, NOT the people you lie about!
candycane
Scared Monkey

« Reply #772 on: November 02, 2009, 09:51:22 PM »

I don't think you sounded crass at all. I think you stated your opinion, and I happen to agree with it! 
I respect your opinions and you didn't say anything to crass. No need to appologies for your feelings about this.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #773 on: November 02, 2009, 10:05:44 PM »

I respect your opinions and you didn't say anything to crass. No need to appologies for your feelings about this.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #774 on: November 02, 2009, 10:43:33 PM »

Thank you Candycane. I just feel so grustrated and feel so strongly on this. I don't mean to take it out on you or anyone else.

If we can't get the laws to change and fast It is going to keep happening. I think if you get found guilty of first offense rape you should get 50 years. if you get a 2nd offense of the same you get life no chance of parole. if you murder a child you get the DP no questions asked and no exceptions.

FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #775 on: November 02, 2009, 10:44:21 PM »

Thank you Candycane. I just feel so grustrated and feel so strongly on this. I don't mean to take it out on you or anyone else.

If we can't get the laws to change and fast It is going to keep happening. I think if you get found guilty of first offense rape you should get 50 years. if you get a 2nd offense of the same you get life no chance of parole. if you murder a child you get the DP no questions asked and no exceptions.
That was meant to say Frustrated.

peacelove76
Scared Monkey

« Reply #776 on: November 02, 2009, 11:11:39 PM »

I just saw a commercial tonight for WJXT News Channel 4 for Tuesday night at 10 pm. My jaw dropped to the floor...

Narrator: 8 minutes is the average time it takes an officer to arrive after you've called 911. That’s why one local sheriff is actually encouraging you to take things into your own hands.

Sheriff Beseler: Buy a gun, get familiar with a gun, have a gun for self protection.

Narrator: Tuesday at 10: How you can legally arm yourself to protect your family.

Ok, regardless of how anyone feels about owning a gun, having our sheriff say this does NOT make me feel at ease at all! It makes me mad, actually. Isn't that what law enforcement is for, to serve and protect? Now he's encouraging people (who are already feeling anxious about what's happened recently) to go out and get guns. Wow.

JMO

"Revenge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die." Walter Savage Landor
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #777 on: November 02, 2009, 11:32:23 PM »

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/topstories/story/Somers-mother-talks-to-Americas-Most-Wanted/Be6pn4F3ukWYfdxfAobS6Q.cspx

Somer's mother talks to America's Most Wanted

ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- It's quiet outside Somer Thompson's home. There are no longer cars filling her yard or police standing guard, just the sound of the wind blowing purple ribbons all around. Now, a mother is forced to face reality.

"I knew she was gone. I had a feeling something bad had happened to her," Diena Thompson told America's Most Wanted. She was calm and collected. "I can't sleep or eat. I begged someone to please give her back."

Two weeks ago Monday, her daughter didn't come home from school. Somer's body was found in a Georgia landfill days later.

Diena Thompson kept hoping for the best, but braced for the worst. Now, she just wants Somer's killer caught. She's hoping the attention on America's Most Wanted will help give police a tip to make that happen.

"I absolutely despise this person. Maybe someday God will grant me the strength to forgive him. I despise him and we are going to get you. You won't get away," said Diena.

Even though Diena maintained her composure talking to the show, she's hiding the pain of losing her little girl.

"I pray that people feel my pain. Don't let the fact that I'm not a weeping willow fool you. Inside I feel dead," said Diena.

You can see the story on America's Most Wanted this Saturday at 9 p.m. on FOX30.

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #778 on: November 03, 2009, 12:25:25 AM »

Thanks, OS.

So Somer's story will be broadcast on America's Most Wanted this Saturday at 9 p.m. on FOX.

Brandi makes a mental note.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #779 on: November 03, 2009, 06:35:16 AM »

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20091103/ARTICLES/911031011/1002?Title=Many-sex-offenders-live-near-area-schools
Many sex offenders live near area schools
Published: Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Monday, November 2, 2009 at 10:26 p.m.
When the search began for Haleigh Cummings and Somer Thompson, two North Florida girls who disappeared this year from their neighborhoods, officers immediately started questioning registered sex offenders living near their homes.
Investigators spoke to 44 sex offenders within a 5-mile radius of Haleigh's Putnam County home, where she was last seen on Feb. 9.

In Clay County, officers followed up with sex offenders living near Somer's school after the 7-year-old vanished Oct. 19 while walking home with relatives and friends. Her body later was recovered from a Georgia landfill.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement, which maintains a Web site listing registered sexual offenders and predators, showed about 70 sex offenders living within a 3-mile radius of Somer's Orange Park school.
No suspects have been named in either case. But both disappearances highlight a message often repeated by officers: Parents need to know their neighborhoods, check out who lives near their children's schools and be proactive about keeping their children safe.

"You need to be aware of what is around you," Alachua County Sheriff's Office spokesman Art Forgey said.
Gainesville Police Capt. Lynne Benck said, "My advice to parents would be that you need to assume that predators are everywhere and they know where to find kids."
<snipped>

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.