May 28, 2024, 05:51:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #2 10/29/09 - 4/26/10  (Read 731681 times)
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #960 on: November 12, 2009, 09:10:31 AM »

This is an interesting article in which Sheriff Rick Beseler tries to put some rumors to rest......

snipped

The day Somer disappeared, a deputy who was among those who responded to the missing girl’s home was called away to an unrelated armed robbery. He arrived at the second scene and caught four suspects, Beseler said. When the officer wrote the report, he forgot to change the address on the call, resulting in armed robbery arrests mistakenly tied to the Thompson home.

The nature of the case has also meant attention has been focused on sex offenders. One of those men, who worked on a renovation crew months earlier at a house near where Somer was last seen as she walked home, has been interviewed. Another, whose name was on the initial police report after a woman thought she spotted him near Orange Park, was in Texas. When he discovered he had incorrectly been mentioned in the case, he nervously went to authorities there to say he was not near Florida.

The report of the blue Nissan, which had been linked to an apparent abduction attempt of a 5-year-old girl a little more than a week before Somer disappeared, drew wide interest. A woman who believed she foiled the kidnapping was part of a Sheriff’s Office news briefing where she recounted helping the crying girl who said she was being lured into the vehicle.

The suspicions were dismissed when detectives later learned the Nissan was being driven by an officer with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement who stopped after thinking the girl had nearly been struck by a car.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-11-12/story/in_somer_thompson_case_rumors_become_a_big_problem
Mary
Scared Monkey

« Reply #961 on: November 12, 2009, 10:08:49 AM »

There are so many sicko's around "Here's another one"
Newsobserver.com   Raleigh, N.C.
Joshua Andrew Stepp, arrested for 1st Degree Murder and sexual assault
on 10 month old baby girl. He was the stepfather, they did not mention the mom at all.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #962 on: November 12, 2009, 10:37:05 AM »

This is an interesting article in which Sheriff Rick Beseler tries to put some rumors to rest......

snipped

The day Somer disappeared, a deputy who was among those who responded to the missing girl’s home was called away to an unrelated armed robbery. He arrived at the second scene and caught four suspects, Beseler said. When the officer wrote the report, he forgot to change the address on the call, resulting in armed robbery arrests mistakenly tied to the Thompson home.

The nature of the case has also meant attention has been focused on sex offenders. One of those men, who worked on a renovation crew months earlier at a house near where Somer was last seen as she walked home, has been interviewed. Another, whose name was on the initial police report after a woman thought she spotted him near Orange Park, was in Texas. When he discovered he had incorrectly been mentioned in the case, he nervously went to authorities there to say he was not near Florida.

The report of the blue Nissan, which had been linked to an apparent abduction attempt of a 5-year-old girl a little more than a week before Somer disappeared, drew wide interest. A woman who believed she foiled the kidnapping was part of a Sheriff’s Office news briefing where she recounted helping the crying girl who said she was being lured into the vehicle.

The suspicions were dismissed when detectives later learned the Nissan was being driven by an officer with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement who stopped after thinking the girl had nearly been struck by a car.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-11-12/story/in_somer_thompson_case_rumors_become_a_big_problem

Thanks for pointing out this article.

But you know, my first thought is if LE had been forthright and revealed this information earlier, when they were made aware of it, then those rumors that they say "steal valuable time" away from the case would have been minimized. They were holding daily press conferences in which this information could have been released.

The article goes on to say:
Rumors, often magnified by bloggers who become attracted to crime cases, usually steal valuable time that could be spent in the field, said Bruce Herring, director of the Institute of Police Technology and Management, which contracts with the University of North Florida and provides law enforcement agencies with instruction.

“Most of it is negative,” he said of the impact.

Not always, though. Perpetrators as well as the curious read those entries, he said.

“Tidbits come that lead to a bad guy once in a while,” Herring said.

That means it can be risky to ignore tips.

And high levels of exposure keep the public’s attention focused on the case.

This has become another case of the three that I follow that has left me frustrated.

N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #963 on: November 12, 2009, 12:16:50 PM »

This has become another case of the three that I follow that has left me frustrated.

Brandi
I couldn't agree with you more.....so much of this case just leaves me asking more questions.....including explanations that just don't make sense........
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #964 on: November 12, 2009, 01:17:34 PM »

Brandi
I couldn't agree with you more.....so much of this case just leaves me asking more questions.....including explanations that just don't make sense........
I check in everyday to see if there has been an arrest, I also agree with the both of you. 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #965 on: November 12, 2009, 01:57:13 PM »

I feel great compassion for Somer's mother...Whoever is making those phone calls to her should be ashamed of themselves...As she said, she was/is a single mother just trying to do the right thing...I feel nothing but sympathy for her...

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #966 on: November 12, 2009, 03:01:38 PM »

I feel great compassion for Somer's mother...Whoever is making those phone calls to her should be ashamed of themselves...As she said, she was/is a single mother just trying to do the right thing...I feel nothing but sympathy for her...

Cookie I completly agree with you!
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #967 on: November 12, 2009, 03:37:56 PM »

Brandi I agree with your latest post. Great job.

Concerning the calls to the mother in this case that are causing her even more grief. Those people should be ashamed and arrested for harrasment. This is just terrible. There is a difference in someone having an opinion about the case and another to inflict this type of grief on someone on a personal level.

A tribute to those who died at Fort Hood & all fallen soldiers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxJf9ZezTZE
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #968 on: November 12, 2009, 06:20:13 PM »

Diena: 'I Feel Like Somer's Pushing Me'
Somer's Mom Says She Needs Answers To Investigation Of Daughter's Killer

POSTED: Thursday, November 12, 2009
UPDATED: 6:07 pm EST November 12, 2009
ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- In a taped interview that aired Thursday on Dr. Phil, Diena Thompson talked about how she's trying to stay strong in the wake of the tragic death of her daughter Somer last month and how she's on a quest to find her daughter's killer.

Diena appeared on the show as part of a discussion about abductions. Somer went missing while she was walking home from school, and her body was found days later in a Georgia landfill.

"I feel like Somer's pushing me," Diena told Channel 4's Laura Mazzeo Thursday. "She's keeping me with my eyes focused to what needs to happen."

Diena wears her daughter's picture around her neck every day. She dresses in purple, Somer's favorite color. And with each day that passes, she says investigators restore her faith.

"I think their attitude is even more positive than mine," Diena said. "They've assured me that they're not and that they are moving forward in positive strides, and that they have every intention of never letting this case get cold. Most of them told me they wont retire until this case is cold."

Sheriff Rick Beseler answered questions Thursday about what evidence has been found three weeks into the investigation.

Beseler said some forensic evidence is back from the lab, but he won't say what it is.

Beseler did not release any information on whether investigators have tracked down the Dumpster where Somer's body was originally placed.

As for the home on Gano Avenue that investigators searched, Beseler would not say if the crime took place there, but he did say it has not been ruled out.

Investigators said they are using a high-tech computer system that analyzes the Internet for anyone boasting about the crime.

Diena said she believes with so many resources and agencies still in on the case that justice is coming soon.

"He can't be smarter than the rest of is," Diena said. "It can't be smarter than the rest of us. There's nothing a 7-year-old could do to deserve what she's been put through even though I don't know what that is, but I have my own story in my mind. As I've said before, I don't know if it's more gruesome than what's actually happened, but when you're left to your mind, it can show you some horrible things."

Police still aren't releasing information about how Somer was killed, and Diena said she needs answers.

"I really want to know why, why," she said. "I want a big T-shirt with a question mark why, but I might not ever get this answer because this person probably absolutely has no reason, just pure evil."

Diena said she is passing the days trying to focus on her three other children.

"I'm still a mess," she said. "I can't have my eyes off of them."

She said every night her children ask her to sing "You Are My Sunshine."

"It's hard to sing them her song, but if that's what makes them feel better then that's what I've got to do," Diena said.

For more on fundraisers being set up in Somer's memory, go to www.rememberingsomer.com.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/21598516/detail.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #969 on: November 12, 2009, 07:51:26 PM »

A skull w/ a bow on it and crossbones?? WTF??

for some reason Nut...this type of stuff is all over little girl fashion...a lot of it in the store Justice for girls etc...sweatshirts etc...I blame Hollywood...they started with this particular fashion if I remember right...and somehow it has caught on....

I think it became popular due to the Pirates of the Carribean Series and soon.
Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #970 on: November 12, 2009, 07:52:27 PM »

Eh, I meant so on, not soon, spacebar gets stuck.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #971 on: November 12, 2009, 10:21:30 PM »

Concerning the calls to the mother in this case that are causing her even more grief. Those people should be ashamed and arrested for harrasment. This is just terrible. There is a difference in someone having an opinion about the case and another to inflict this type of grief on someone on a personal level.

I actually feel ashamed for those ppl. writing all that stuff or worse yet making phone calls. how can humans be so cruel. There is nothing to suggest that she had anything to do with her child's murder. I don't know how she copes with it and has to help her other kids deal with the loss and grief. Victims being victimized over and over. God willing, this case will soon have the break it needs to bring her justice.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #972 on: November 13, 2009, 12:19:00 AM »

Evil personified.  Dispicable!

Janet

++++++++

COMPLETE COVERAGE: Mohler Family Sex Crimes Investigation
November 12, 2009

http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-mohler-sex-crimes-investigation-gallery,0,2626605.storygallery

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #973 on: November 13, 2009, 01:32:36 AM »

Janet

++++++++

November 12, 2009

http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-mohler-sex-crimes-investigation-gallery,0,2626605.storygallery

I heard about this on the news and was horrified. What is happening to our world and society? WTF?

The things I heard about the disappearance of the little girl in NC has me shaking and sick to my stomach

Someone please explain what is going on with the society and world today? Something that makes sense?

FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #974 on: November 13, 2009, 01:36:17 AM »

I actually feel ashamed for those ppl. writing all that stuff or worse yet making phone calls. how can humans be so cruel. There is nothing to suggest that she had anything to do with her child's murder. I don't know how she copes with it and has to help her other kids deal with the loss and grief. Victims being victimized over and over. God willing, this case will soon have the break it needs to bring her justice.
AMEN!!! I agree. I just have come to a point where i get lost for words because of all of this and feel helpless.
I agree with you completely tho.

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #975 on: November 13, 2009, 03:13:58 AM »

Janet

++++++++

November 12, 2009

I heard about this on the news and was horrified. What is happening to our world and society? WTF?

The things I heard about the disappearance of the little girl in NC has me shaking and sick to my stomach

Someone please explain what is going on with the society and world today? Something that makes sense?

My turn to agree with you, I said that very thing in one of the threads here not very long ago. There is something terribly wrong. I just absolutely believe that our society is beginning to deteriorate before our eyes. I don't believe as some say, that it was always like this but that we just hear about it more now. Every single day, there is something more horrific than the last.
I don't have any explanation short of an evil force that has been given a wide berth by our lax moral standards. Really I don't know but it's starting to make me paranoid for any person under about 30 yrs old. Anyone else??
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #976 on: November 13, 2009, 03:26:21 AM »

Janet

++++++++

November 12, 2009

My turn to agree with you, I said that very thing in one of the threads here not very long ago. There is something terribly wrong. I just absolutely believe that our society is beginning to deteriorate before our eyes. I don't believe as some say, that it was always like this but that we just hear about it more now. Every single day, there is something more horrific than the last.
I don't have any explanation short of an evil force that has been given a wide berth by our lax moral standards. Really I don't know but it's starting to make me paranoid for any person under about 30 yrs old. Anyone else??

I started to buy into the bit about it's because we have more coverage we have mor access to media BS. Until i started doing research. NO Its not just because we have access or media. There is a cycle and there is something wrong in our society. We HAVE TO CHANGE NOW before its too late.
WE HAVE TO.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #977 on: November 13, 2009, 07:39:47 AM »

http://www.news4jax.com/news/21603363/detail.html
Molly Hatchet Plays Benefit For Somer
Molly Hatchet, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus To Play

POSTED: Friday, November 13, 2009
UPDATED: 7:14 am EST November 13, 2009

ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- The Orange Park community is uniting as they gear up for the Somer Thompson benefit concert lead by legendary southern rock band Molly Hatchet. The benefit concert will begin at 8 p.m. Friday at the Orange Park High School football stadium. Diena Thompson will be the guest of honor for the event.

According to band owner Bobby Ingram, they have agreed to help the family of murder victim Somer Thompson and the Justice Coalition to help raise money to increase the reward being offered.

Orange Park High School Principal Treasure Picket said, "We are pleased to help with this much needed community outreach project."

The band will also debut a specially written tribute song for Somer as well as play their complete concert line-up of music including "Gator Country," "Whiskey Man," "Devil's Canyon," "Beatin' The Odds" and "Flirtin' With Disaster."

Rockers Red Jumpsuit Apparatus will also play at the benefit concert. The band is originally from Middleburg.
A $10 donation will be taken at the gate to be divided between the Thompson family and the Justice Coalition. In the event of bad weather, the concert will move inside the school's domed gymnasium.

Police are still not saying how Somer was killed. Deina Thompson says the not knowing may be the toughest part.

"There's nothing a 7-year-old could do to deserve what she's been put through, even though I don't know what that is. But I have my own story in my mind as I've said before. I don't know if it's more gruesome than what's actually happened, but when you're left to your mind it can show you some horrible things," Thompson said.

Early Friday afternoon, Lt. Barry Abramowitz, with the Clay County Sheriff's Office, will hold a question-and-answer session with the media. Abramowitz is in charge of the process through which the many leads have been collected, reviewed, assigned to detectives and then tracked through the agency's specialized computer system.

For more on the benefits planned this weekend, stay with The Morning Show. Watch for full reports on the investigation beginning at 5 p.m. on Channel 4.

Orange Park High School is located at 2300 Kingsley Ave. In Orange Park. You can find the school online at clay.k12.fl.us/oph.

Learn more about fundraisers scheduled for the Justice Coalition and the Thompson family.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/21405716/detail.html

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #978 on: November 13, 2009, 09:21:36 AM »

Somer/Haleigh: The Peanut Gallery Is At It Again
Posted on November 13th, 2009
by Simon Barrett in Op-ed
Read 24 times.

I just received this op-ed piece from TJ Hart. I think he sums up the situation quite well - Simon

I just had to break up another stupid fight on my Twitter site today.

Once again, some in the blogosphere have appointed themselves God and are passing out their judgment on the parents of killed or missing children.

Diena Thompson’s lawyer said the family does not think Somer knew the person who kidnapped and killed her. Investigators said the 7-year-old Somer disappeared on her way home from school in Orange Park, Fla. The search came to a tearful conclusion when her body was discovered in a Georgia landfill days later.

Diena’s been doing a lot of interviews on national TV shows. Now she’s getting criticized by some people for it.

She’s getting hate mail and calls.

“I wonder what kind of person would attack me when I’m already down,” said Diena.

People are calling her a bad mom, among other things, for letting her kids walk home from school.

It is not much different than some of the nasty things some bloggers are saying about the Haleigh Cummings disappearance one county south in the town of Satsuma, FL.

Although there is plenty of suspicion and bizarre behavior to go around involving Haleigh’s family members, there are also those on the internet who as so hateful on all sides of this equation that one would think a civil war involving old ladies swinging purses is about to erupt.

OBSERVATIONS REGARDING THESE TYPES OF PARTICIPANTS:

·         Appear to have a distrust of police

·         Appear to hatred for men in general

·         Appear to revel in the shortcomings of any woman

·         Appear to have a strong need to find an alliance of like-minded opinion-makers

·         Most don’t even live in area—let alone in the state of Florida.

What has spawned this behavior as of late?

This reporter doesn’t know the answer, but he is very shocked at its existence.

TJ Hart

Director of News and Programming

News/Talk 97.3 The SKY WSKY HD

97.3 WSKY HD2 Subterranean
http://www.bloggernews.net/122960

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #979 on: November 13, 2009, 12:00:36 PM »

I didn't even realize Molly Hatchet was still around and performing, that is very cool, and a special song for Somer  an angelic monkey Thanks Trimm
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.