April 30, 2024, 03:50:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #2 10/29/09 - 4/26/10  (Read 727409 times)
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1000 on: November 17, 2009, 01:01:25 PM »

Hi Cookie.

I know what you mean. Your hubs wasn't alone that is for sure.

I still can't wrap my head around what happened and how the mother did what she did.

the legal professionals on last night said Felony murder will apply to the mother in this case even if she didn't actually commit the killing. I was like Bout Damn Time. When something like this happens.

A tribute to those who died at Fort Hood & all fallen soldiers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxJf9ZezTZE
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1001 on: November 17, 2009, 01:02:32 PM »

I forgot to say Thank You Cookie. So Thank You.

I'm a Ditz today I guess.

candycane
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1002 on: November 18, 2009, 12:43:43 PM »

It's been so quite here and have had time to rethink all this and I would like to go back to the original fight that took place that started this tragedy. Can any locals give insight to the school policies on fighting in school. Could she have recieved a suspension and thats why she ran when sis confronted her?
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1003 on: November 18, 2009, 06:34:57 PM »

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/florida/AP/story/1340158.html  Today.

A spokeswoman for the sheriff's office says the agency is hopeful evidence currently being processed will provide a more streamlined direction for investigators.

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1004 on: November 18, 2009, 06:42:19 PM »

I'd like to hear some news on this:

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/10/23/crimesider/entry5413428.shtml

Investigators will presumably try to pinpoint the trash bin or garbage can where she was dumped, based on the trash around her and the truck's pickup route. That could hopefully help them piece together a better timeline and offer a firmer direction for the investigation.

My questions;
Did those trash trucks pick up in commercial as well as residential area's and if so were there camara's they may have captured something?
After we have a route established from the truck that Somer was found in are they questioning and/or watching these people? 
Are any on the route RSO's?
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1005 on: November 19, 2009, 12:00:47 AM »

My question is this. Why haven't they thought about this crap before now?

I mean really? They have had how long to look at trash found around her body? It's taking them this long to decide to sift through it and try and figure this out?
This is another reason why i asked a while back. Did they check other trash or trash cans and trucks that the person may have dumped the book bag and lunch box in? Just because it hasnt been located doesnt mean they didnt throw them away in another location other than the same as the body.

Do us lay people need to do the investigation for them?

Sorry that was uncalled for. I am just sick of this and know that this should have been something that was done before now.

I know they are trying and working hard to find the killer. It's just frustrating.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1006 on: November 19, 2009, 06:28:24 AM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/21655162/detail.html
Sheriff: Somer Case Far From Cold
Body Of 7-Year-Old Girl Found In Georgia Landfill

POSTED: Wednesday, November 18, 2009
UPDATED: 5:02 pm EST November 18, 2009
[Somer Renee Thompson.]
Somer Renee Thompson.
ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- Authorities investigating the case of a slain Orange Park girl whose body was found in a Georgia landfill say they have received 4,200 tips and are processing evidence.
Clay County Sheriff Rick Beseler said Wednesday the investigation "is not a cold case...not by far."

Investigators have not named any suspects or people of interest in the death of 7-year-old Somer Thompson, who disappeared in late October as she was walking home from school in her northeast Florida community.

The girl's body was found in a landfill about 50 miles away. No one has been charged in her death.

A spokeswoman for the sheriff's office said the agency is hopeful evidence currently being processed will provide a more streamlined direction for investigators.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.
Video.    http://www.clickorlando.com/video/21450008/index.html

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1007 on: November 19, 2009, 11:37:45 AM »

It's been so quite here and have had time to rethink all this and I would like to go back to the original fight that took place that started this tragedy. Can any locals give insight to the school policies on fighting in school. Could she have recieved a suspension and thats why she ran when sis confronted her?

Candycane, how an argument a 7 year old child had with another classmate could be considered "a fight" (as in a physical altercation) is beyond me.  I hardly think it would escalate to a suspension.  If it were serious enough, which I doubt, they may have a teacher/parent conference, but lets not escalate something so dramatically. 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1008 on: November 19, 2009, 11:41:51 AM »

I mean really? They have had how long to look at trash found around her body? It's taking them this long to decide to sift through it and try and figure this out?
This is another reason why i asked a while back. Did they check other trash or trash cans and trucks that the person may have dumped the book bag and lunch box in? Just because it hasnt been located doesnt mean they didnt throw them away in another location other than the same as the body.

Sorry that was uncalled for. I am just sick of this and know that this should have been something that was done before now.

I know they are trying and working hard to find the killer. It's just frustrating.

I suspect that they have been working on this angle from day one, as it has been mentioned early in the investigation.  This may just be the spin on the story that CBS is using to present the information.  IMO

candycane
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1009 on: November 19, 2009, 12:09:55 PM »

Candycane, how an argument a 7 year old child had with another classmate could be considered "a fight" (as in a physical altercation) is beyond me.  I hardly think it would escalate to a suspension.  If it were serious enough, which I doubt, they may have a teacher/parent conference, but lets not escalate something so dramatically. 

Good Morning AZ, On the police report the word "fight" and "at school" which is different then a argument and the Hand/feet/teeth on the report .. so that is why I was wordering the rules at school

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1010 on: November 19, 2009, 12:50:39 PM »

Candycane, do you have a copy of that report, I havent' seen that.  thanks

candycane
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1011 on: November 19, 2009, 01:05:48 PM »

Candycane, do you have a copy of that report, I havent' seen that.  thanks

http://www.scribd.com/doc/21469864/Somer-Thompson-Police-Report
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1012 on: November 19, 2009, 01:12:53 PM »

I suspect that they have been working on this angle from day one, as it has been mentioned early in the investigation.  This may just be the spin on the story that CBS is using to present the information.  IMO

Yes, I too recall reading long ago they were looking at the trash around where liitle Somer was found hoping it would render some clues. Sorry, I
can't provide a link.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1013 on: November 19, 2009, 01:13:46 PM »

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-11-19/story/somer_thompson_motorcycle_ride_benefit_set_for_saturday
Somer Thompson motorcycle ride benefit set for Saturday
Organizers of Somer's Ride hope for record-setting participation

* By Beth Reese Cravey
    * Story updated at 11:29 AM on Thursday, Nov. 19, 2009
A motorcycle ride will be held Saturday to benefit Somer Thompson's family and try to set a world record for the largest such poker run against sexual predators.

The run will begin at 10:30 a.m. at The Bayard Rooster, 12661 Phillips Highway, Jacksonville, and end at Whitey's Fish Camp on County Road 220 on Fleming Island.

Bands Big Engine, Malice, Southbound, Thermal Image and Big Baby are scheduled to perform at Whitey's beginning at noon; the Jacksonville Jaguars cheerleaders, The Roar, will host a a candlelight vigil at 7 p.m.

For more information and to register for the run, go to https://sites.google.com/site/somersride or call organizer Laura Evans at  (904) 683-6372.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1014 on: November 19, 2009, 02:55:40 PM »

Good Morning AZ, On the police report the word "fight" and "at school" which is different then a argument and the Hand/feet/teeth on the report .. so that is why I was wordering the rules at school

Hi Candy,  I see the word 'fight' used, but not where there was hand/feet/teeth involved.  Is that on the report and i am just missing it?   I also kind of think that kids that age may use the term "fight"  instead of "argument".  I may be wrong but I just can't imagine them in a brawl beating on each other. 

candycane
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1015 on: November 19, 2009, 03:15:44 PM »

Hi Candy,  I see the word 'fight' used, but not where there was hand/feet/teeth involved.  Is that on the report and i am just missing it?   I also kind of think that kids that age may use the term "fight"  instead of "argument".  I may be wrong but I just can't imagine them in a brawl beating on each other. 
It is on the report on the top Weapons/tools
I don't think an all out brawl either but if she did bite someone and the school has a zero tolerance policy she could have been given a suspension. If so she would have been scared to go home cause  DT would have to take off time from work or find a babysitter last minute
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1016 on: November 19, 2009, 04:31:40 PM »

It is on the report on the top Weapons/tools
I don't think an all out brawl either but if she did bite someone and the school has a zero tolerance policy she could have been given a suspension. If so she would have been scared to go home cause  DT would have to take off time from work or find a babysitter last minute

With suspensions parents are immediately called to pick up the child and take them off of school grounds. They are not sent home with the general population or walk home. A parent must come get the child. I believe this is a federal guideline and all school districts must comply.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1017 on: November 19, 2009, 04:33:29 PM »

I am shocked beyond shocked this case has not seen an arrest. It makes me wonder if there was DNA evidence on Somer or if there was that it didn't match anyone already in the system.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1018 on: November 19, 2009, 05:16:22 PM »

I am shocked beyond shocked this case has not seen an arrest. It makes me wonder if there was DNA evidence on Somer or if there was that it didn't match anyone already in the system.

Tracygirl, I hope there is room on that branch for me, because I belong there too.

I can't imagine why there has not been an arrest yet. Seems the case was moving so swiftly and then just halted.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1019 on: November 19, 2009, 06:23:49 PM »

I am with you Brandi.
I like the impatient child angel avatar you have.. seems appropriate to cases such as this one.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.