March 28, 2024, 05:02:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alyssa Bustamante 15, Charged as an adult in Elizabeth Olten's murder  (Read 108260 times)
Allie34237
Scared Monkey

me

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2009, 12:33:33 PM »

She is in the one about the electric fence. Hi everyone.

With God, all things are possible.
Elong
Scared Monkey

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2009, 12:46:10 PM »

Did anyone notice her hobbies on that one?!

not sure if I am quoting ok...

This case is so sad and disturbing.  I am wondering how many of her friends and family laughed or brushed off warning signs.  Hobbies = killing people and cutting. That was posted a year ago.   I am not holding them responsible. I am just thinking about my 9 nieces and I know that I will be taking their "teen ramblings, doodles and scribbles" a little more serious.   

That is exactly what I was feeling.  Most teenage melodrama is just that, but at what point do family or friends start talking to the girl and seeing if there is any substance to her statements. 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2009, 06:40:56 PM »

posted in comments @
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2333070/elizabeth_olten_case_15yearold_girl.html

(Guest)
Alyssa Bustamante aged 15 allegedly killed Elizabeth Olten aged 9. Alyssa Bustamante is the older sister of the girl that Elizabeth Olten went to visit the day she was allegedly murdered by Alyssa Bustamante. Alyssa Bustamante allegedly planned the murder well in advance by allegedly digging a grave prior to her allegedly murdering Elizabeth Olten. Alyssa Bustamante has a parent currently incarcerated for a felony. You can browse to: Search for: Missouri Department of Corrections Offender Search Search by the name Caesar Bustamante to get a better idea of the type of family we are talking about here. Add a Comment Posted on 10/30/2009 at 1:10:18 AM

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MyView
Scared Monkey

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2009, 08:42:15 PM »

I'm confused, so it's NOW okay to post her name in full in here 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2009, 08:52:54 PM »

I didn't know we were not supposed to  I have not been able to keep up in here w/ everything else I do... 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Skyler
Scared Monkey

« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2009, 06:06:53 PM »

I probably haven't read all the posts because I keep getting lost as far as figuring out what to click on.  (I'm old and senile).  However, I did go back to some older ones and tried to view AB's MySpace and Twitter pages, and nothing happens.  Have they been banned by the powers that be?  And does everyone else know this except for me since I haven't been able to access all the blogs? 

Thank you my fellow monkeys.   
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2009, 06:27:46 PM »

I probably haven't read all the posts because I keep getting lost as far as figuring out what to click on.  (I'm old and senile).  However, I did go back to some older ones and tried to view AB's MySpace and Twitter pages, and nothing happens.  Have they been banned by the powers that be?  And does everyone else know this except for me since I haven't been able to access all the blogs? 

Hi skyler, I don't think many monkeys are checking out this thread right now, if you post your question here

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6380.620

I'm sure you'll get a response. xx
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2009, 10:05:26 PM »

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:MScU1FsJQo0J:www.freewebs.com/cherry_garcia5588/+%22she+feels+like+everything+under+this+roof+effing+belongs+to+her%22&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Read Wednesday February 25, 2009
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2009, 10:09:34 PM »

Her twitter was erased but Klaas has screen shots from before.  Myspace is private.
annemarie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2009, 06:36:43 AM »

WELCOME, and thank-you for sharing your story. How horribly sad, and you are right, the grandparents could have been doing everything to help, or they could have swept all of the suspects problems under the rug. I'm sure we will hear more in the coming weeks. I certainly hope that Jeremy is on the right path, for all of your sakes  an angelic monkey

He is doing much better now. I just don't understand how all the therapist and dr.s love to say "well they are just a child". I think if we could start catching these disturbing behaviors when the child is a lot younger then maybe some things can be done to prevent these type of things from happening. Prevention is the best medicine. I think there are just too many ignoring the signs.  I do hope that the grandparents were doing their over extended part, some times I think that the parents who put their kids through all of this should be charged for something also. But that is a whole 'nother forum Smile These parents just do not consider the consequences to other people of their actions. Personally I was ready to be a grandparent. I was not wanting to have another child, now I would not exchange it for the world.  Ok enough of my ramblings.
I am new here also, this particular case brought me here, and I really like this forum.
I am very worried about what is going on with our children. I feel that they are becoming desensitized to violence. People are so self-absorbed and feel entitled, and I think this is raising a new generation of kids that don't value human life, IMO. Not all children, of course! If the conditions are ripe, I mean.
I agree totally that people should be more educated to the signs exhibited by disturbed children, this world is so crazy, though and parents are preoccupied with work to stay afloat financially. Its just scary all the way around. I dont know whats going to happen.
Lenie, good luck with your Grandchildren they are lucky to have you in their lives!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2009, 10:41:34 PM »

WELCOME annemarie   
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2009, 07:42:03 AM »

http://www.singsnap.com/snap/watchandlisten/play/c5e1806a?perpage=9c1ab&proceed=9b1c6

Wolf_Heart = Alyssa

comments on her singing Creed's 'One Last Breath'
Recording: Dec 17, 2007 at 8:34 PM

1 day ago, ihatechildkillers said:
you stink

i hope you burn in hell for killing that little girl

1 day ago, Reneelandrum said:
thanks to you Elizabeth is 6 feet down for no reason. why didn't u put urself six feet under. Sing in jail u evil trick. n ur singing is AWFUL!

1 day ago, FullThrottleGOLD said:
Alyssa, I really couldnt believe it when Jenny told me what you had done. You need so much help and now I am afraid you will never receive the help you so desperately needed. I hope that some day you will realize that what you have done is ruined your life, your families lives, and the lives of anyone who knew that little girl. I dont know if you will ever get a chance to read this, because it will be taken off line just like your other accounts, Im sure of that. I dont know how to feel about this. I hate what you have done. I cannot judge you because my GOD says that he is the only one to judge us. I know that somewhere in your heart there is love, and I hope that someday you figure out where it is and how you can love instead of hate, forgive and forget, and pull yourself out of whatever demon inside you made you do such a thing. May God be with your family to help them through all that they will be coping with after this is over for you. I know your little sister is probably never going to be able to forgive you for taking away her little friend, but I hope she can learn to live a life without this tearing her apart as many things have torn you apart. I also know that your siblings are going to go through a lot of torture from harsh kids who will connect them to you, even though this has nothing to do with them. I hope you have a long, long, long sentence in prison to think about these things.

I wont hide behind a fake name. I am sorry that I ever knew of you or heard of you because now I have to live with the fact that I knew of a killer of children. It's been on my mind since Jenny told me. Jenny is in pieces over it. Not over the fact that you are going to prison and are an evil person, but over the life of that poor child you took away from her family.

Sam

1 day ago, keea27 said:
i hope you get the death penalty u fu**** bitch!!! n as a mother i wish i could kill u myself!!!! i hope u get whats comin 2 you!!! dat lil girl was someones baby...U SHOULD HAVE JUST KILLED YOURSELF INSTEAD CUZ THEN NOONE WOULD HAVE CARED!!! n i hope all the mothers in your jail make it HELL 4 YOU cuz thats where u belong!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 day ago, keea27 said:
BTW UR SONG FU**** SUCKS BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 day ago, wrldhealer said:
I don't even have to say it...wow. Prepare to get some broomsticks shoved in you while in prison Smile

1 day ago, prisonsuxUwillC said:
You're going to prison little girl. That sucks for you. Why couldn't you have taken yourself rather the innocent little girl. You ruined two families and your sister will forever be haunted. YOU SUCK! ROT IN HELL!

1 day ago, annoak said:
i think its kinda sad people want to write bad stuff on here. ya all know where she is at and that she wont be reading any of it. lets not forget her family has basically lost a child too and they are the ones than will more than likely be reading what you write.

About 18 hours ago, apples199324GOLD said:
apples199324 just got between a huge fight wow!

i am torn over this i cant believe it sam u are right this is how i feel me and alyssa were best friends and im nothing like her this is horrible. i dont know how to get over it. Its killing me inside this poor little baby is gone. i cant forgive myself for being friends with someone that killed elizabeth but i never could have known that alyssa would have done this. im going to the court date on november 18th. im not missing it for the world....im so hurt over this i cant imagine what alyssa grandparents and twin brothers.....im sorry ur friend is gone emma....

Jenny
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 07:45:31 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2009, 07:48:36 AM »

Wolf_Heart = Alyssa

comments on her singing 'Here without You'  3 Doors Down
Recording: Nov 2, 2007 at 3:00 PM

1 day ago, dipshit said:
this should be takin off of here for the sake of the 9yr old she ..................... you know what happened

sucks

1 day ago, Reneelandrum said:
I bet n.e. time Elizabeth's Olten's family's hear the words to this song they will remember her pretty face n beautiful spirit. It's ashamed u r the 1 singing this. Everyone will be without you know THANK GOD! ROT IN JAIL FOREVER!

1 day ago, tookie said:
what was she thinking when she was killing that poor girl? mabye while she is rotting in jail somebody will beat her up untill death! she ruined that whole family! have a good time in HELL!!! by:< 11 year old sidney:(

Alyssa, I really couldnt believe it when Jenny told me what you had done. You need so much help and now I am afraid you will never receive the help you so desperately needed. I hope that some day you will realize that what you have done is ruined your life, your families lives, and the lives of anyone who knew that little girl. I dont know if you will ever get a chance to read this, because it will be taken off line just like your other accounts, Im sure of that. I dont know how to feel about this. I hate what you have done. I cannot judge you because my GOD says that he is the only one to judge us. I know that somewhere in your heart there is love, and I hope that someday you figure out where it is and how you can love instead of hate, forgive and forget, and pull yourself out of whatever demon inside you made you do such a thing. May God be with your family to help them through all that they will be coping with after this is over for you. I know your little sister is probably never going to be able to forgive you for taking away her little friend, but I hope she can learn to live a life without this tearing her apart as many things have torn you apart. I also know that your siblings are going to go through a lot of torture from harsh kids who will connect them to you, even though this has nothing to do with them. I hope you have a long, long, long sentence in prison to think about these things.

I wont hide behind a fake name. I am sorry that I ever knew of you or heard of you because now I have to live with the fact that I knew of a killer of children. It's been on my mind since Jenny told me. Jenny is in pieces over it. Not over the fact that you are going to prison and are an evil person, but over the life of that poor child you took away from her family.

Sam

P.S. I hope that you think about that poor girl and what you have done to her every day for the rest of your life.

1 day ago, keea27 said:
I HOPE EVERYTIME U CLOSE UR EYES U SEE THAT LIL GIRLS FACE HAUNTING U 4 DA REST OF UR LIFE...N I HOPE ALL DA MOTHERS IN YOUR JAIL UNITE N BEAT DA SHIT OUTTA YOU!!!!!

1 day ago, annoak said:
i think its kinda sad people want to write bad stuff on here. ya all know where she is at and that she wont be reading any of it. lets not forget her family has basically lost a child too and they are the ones than will more than likely be reading what you write.
http://www.singsnap.com/snap/watchandlisten/play/b812b963c?perpage=9c1ab&proceed=9b1c6

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2009, 07:51:18 AM »

http://marinadedave.wordpress.com/2009/10/29/elizabeth-oltens-killer-identified/

Walter819
Scared Monkey

« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2009, 08:16:18 AM »

http://www.google.com/profiles/116425419383325164240

Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2009, 08:37:36 AM »

What does that have to do with any of this?

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2009, 11:08:21 AM »

Alyssa Bustamante Alyssa Bustamante Alyssa Bustamante Alyssa Bustamante Alyssa Bustamante Alyssa Bustamante Alyssa Bustamante Alyssa Bustamante Alyssa Bustamante

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2009, 11:21:12 AM »

Olten murder suspect certified as adult

COLE COUNTY, MO. -- Juvenile court authorities decided to charge a 15-year-old murder suspect as an adult at a certification hearing Wednesday morning.

Alyssa Bustamante, of St. Martins, Mo., is charged with first degree murder of 9-year-old Elizabeth Olten.
Olten’s body was found Friday, Oct. 23 in the woods behind her home in the rural mid-Missouri town. Olten went missing walking home from a friend’s home on Wednesday, Oct. 21. That evening started a three day search with over a hundred volunteers, K-9 units and a helicopter.

Olten was visiting Bustamante’s home when her family reported her missing. Bustamante lived down the street from the Olten family.

Police found the body after written evidence led police to Bustamante. Bustamante, after talking to the police, took them where the body was concealed in the woods.

Cole County Prosecutor Mark Richardson said that fact that Cole County Sheriff Greg White wants first degree murder charges shows that White believes Olten’s murder was premeditated.

Family court Judge Jon Beetem decided that Bustamante will stand trial as an adult. However, Bustamante could still become eligible for treatment through the Missouri’s Division of Youth Services.

"You'd have to have a certification and you'd have to have a finding of guilt," said Legal Counsel Samantha Green, "and conviction in the adult courts for dual jurisdiction."

The judge heard recommendations from juvenile court authorities and weighed the specifics of the crime against Missouri’s ten criteria to charge a juvenile as an adult -

Seriousness of offense and consideration of public safety if suspect should be transferred to general jurisdiction
Whether the offense involved vicious force and violence
Whether the offense was against a person or property, with greater weight given to offenses against a person, especially if personal injury resulted.
Was the offense was part of a repetitive pattern of offenses, where the child may be beyond rehabilitation under the juvenile code.
The record and history of the child in juvenile system and other courts will be considered
The sophistication and maturity of the child as determined by considering home, other environmental and emotional conditions and pattern of living.
Age of the child
Consider the programs available to the juvenile system.
Whether or not the child will benefit from treatment or rehabilitation programs available to the court.
Racial disparity and certification.
Bustamante has been in juvenile court custody since she was arrested on Oct. 23.

Bustamante attended Jefferson City High School. School friends said that she was nice and they do not understand what would have caused her to commit this crime.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=378814

Peace
Scared Monkey

« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2009, 11:36:03 AM »

Good God, This child didn't have a chance. I blame society for what became of Alyssa. She obviously felt no regard for her life thanks to the parents who chose to bring her into this world. She learned disregard. She never understood empathy, it is obvious, all she felt was pain. Her being place on Meds for depression pisses me off. He depression was due to her messed up parents, not some chemical imbalance. It matters little that her grandparents were given custody recently. This child came from a drug and violence laden household, and she maintained a relationship with these sick parents. Much is known about the development of a brain and certain critical times during a child's development to learn things like compassion and empathy. I am NOT excusing at all what her actions were, but let's look at the fact that Prozac renders some people w/ an inability to feel emotions. I saw this in a friend who had taken it. She was emotionally removed from everyone and everything.
I can't stand the thought that this child was given a chemical to balance out a messed up life. Hmmnn, how did that turn out?! For goodness sake, just Google "Prozac lack of emotion" and read the testimonies of others who had taken it and felt numb, bipolar, violent nightmares, suicidal, emotionless, impulsive thoughts, etc.
I had taken a similar drug (Wellbutrin) to help quit smoking and it scared the bejesus out of me. I couldn't control my thoughts. I actually had to pull my car over one day because I couldn't even concentrate on the fact that I was driving! I had to take two days out of work and it took weeks to get out of my system. I thought to myself "How many other people experienced this scary drug this way?" It made me feel like I had taken a psychedelic drug.
Bottom line: Society failed this child. Personally, I blame the parents AND psychiatrists. It's time to wake up and stop with the chemical panacea when the problem IS reality, not some chemical imbalance. The grandparents home seemed stable, but let's not forget the child they raised. How'd they turn out?

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
Mohandas Gandhi
Peace
Scared Monkey

« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2009, 12:48:52 PM »

I feel I need to add the following because this is an issue I believe needs discussing and actual rectifying.
I grew up in an abusive household and after attempting to run away a few times from the abuse, it was deemed I was a problem child. I was placed on probation and had to attend counseling. I was diagnosed with depression and given Xanax at 15. Of course, the drug didn't help except to numb me because I was still living in the abusive household. When I became addicted to the Xanax and needed more and more to feel comfortable, the psychiatrist took me off of it cold turkey. (Thankfully, they know better than to do that these days). I was living in hell. I went through withdrawal and was still in the abusive home. I then turned to alcohol which numbed me like the antidepressant and abused that severely. No counselor was paying attention to the obvious. I was depressed about being abused and then went on to self-abuse, as I can see Alyssa also did. Thankfully, I was taught meditation and found a counselor who helped heal that injured child within by talking about how wrong it was that I had been treated as I was as a child. After getting the horrors out of what happened, I learned to live for today because there was nothing I could do about yesterday, it is gone. I now live by the serenity prayer and surround myself with loving people because I have a choice today.

A few years ago a friend's family member committed suicide and the eldest child was very depressed with that. She too was diagnosed with depression and place on Prozac. I fought this decision tooth and nail, knowing she didn't have a chemical imbalance and should not be treated like SHE had a problem. Her problem WAS reality. Her step-father committed suicide. She needed help with the reality of the situation. She did not need to feel numb. Thankfully, the announcement came out just a few months later that Prozac can cause suicide in teens and she was taken off of it. She learned to cope with the horrible reality of what happened. This girl was very fortunate to have many loving adults and peers to help her through that horrible reality. Today she is majoring in child psychology because of that hell she went through and wanting to help others in the same manner and ways that she was helped.  As an adult having lived though hell myself and seeing someone I love dearly also go through a living hell, I am angry that the psychiatric community still thinks that a chemical given to a child (or adult for that matter) is an acceptable way to deal with that persons horrible reality. I don't care if it sounds hokey; all that was really needed was a whole lot of love and support from caring people. No excuses, just help in dealing with the reality of adults really screwing up and harming children by their actions. I hope sharing these stories helps one person out there think about the best course to take when another human being close to them is depressed by simple reality. I am not speaking about true chemical imbalances here, I'm talking about when reality bites.

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
Mohandas Gandhi
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.