March 28, 2024, 03:53:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alyssa Bustamante 15, Charged as an adult in Elizabeth Olten's murder  (Read 108259 times)
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 10:40:11 AM »

Welcome to both TomSmith and Lenie!

Lenie, I agree with what you say.  From everything that I have seen about this suspect and her family, her grandparents made a huge effort to give her and her sibs a stable life.

I guess we will have to wait and see what "extenuating circumstances" may have occurred, which her lawyer stated.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
tomsmith99
Scared Monkey

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2009, 10:42:47 AM »

maybe the teacher was the one who turned in some pieces of writing the suspect wrote?  are we sure that the written evidence came from a diary?

That is a good possibility, for some reason in my mind I thought it was another juvenile that turned something over. Here is what the paper had posted, which leaves it open to your angle.

from the News Tribune

White said Friday, and repeated Saturday, that some physical and written evidence led investigators to question the suspect, who then led them to the location where the body was found.

whole story
http://www.**/articles/2009/10/24/news_local/068local02olten09.txt

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2009, 10:44:23 AM »

I am new here but have read the whole forum while waiting to be approved by the admin.

I just have to say this. I live in Ohio and do not know or have never heard of the grandparents until this story came out. We don't know if the grandparents have called Elizabeth's mother or not, hopefully she has. I am a grandparent raising a grandchild, and my sister has one of my grandchildren. My girl is 9 and her brother (that my sister has) is 8. Because of their former lives they are both on meds. Samantha is doing pretty good, but poor Jeremy is having a rough way to go. When he was 5 my sister was lying on the couch pretending to be asleep, when she wouldn't answer him he put his hands around her neck and proceeded to choke her. They were so tight that she could not get them loose, she knocked a lamp off the table which made my BIL come running into the room and he had to pry his hands loose. Both of us are constantly visiting dr.s and therapist, luckily now they both have good in both fields. But it has been a real battle for the past 6 years. The path that Jeremy was on, I could completely see him doing something like this when he got older.
Well anyway the point I am trying to get at is the grandparents may have been doing whatever they could. I agree that this child should be charged as an adult. Unless they have such social disorder that they can not function then they DO know right from wrong.
Thanks for all of the info!
WELCOME, and thank-you for sharing your story. How horribly sad, and you are right, the grandparents could have been doing everything to help, or they could have swept all of the suspects problems under the rug. I'm sure we will hear more in the coming weeks. I certainly hope that Jeremy is on the right path, for all of your sakes  an angelic monkey
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2009, 10:45:45 AM »

maybe the teacher was the one who turned in some pieces of writing the suspect wrote?  are we sure that the written evidence came from a diary?

That is a good possibility, for some reason in my mind I thought it was another juvenile that turned something over. Here is what the paper had posted, which leaves it open to your angle.

from the News Tribune

White said Friday, and repeated Saturday, that some physical and written evidence led investigators to question the suspect, who then led them to the location where the body was found.

whole story
http://www.**/articles/2009/10/24/news_local/068local02olten09.txt

Yes, I believe another juvenile turned something over.
tomsmith99
Scared Monkey

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2009, 10:48:57 AM »

Lenie, I agree with what you say.  From everything that I have seen about this suspect and her family, her grandparents made a huge effort to give her and her sibs a stable life.

I guess we will have to wait and see what "extenuating circumstances" may have occurred, which her lawyer stated.

I would partially agree as I know they had to get a search warrant to gain access to the home, the grandparents denied the LE access to their house on Friday. Someone that was there said most LE involved thought there should be obstruction of justice charges filed.

They have since vanished, both houses are dark and empty.

I am sure that would be a tough postion to be in, thinking a family member could have done such a terrible thing. I still think I would cooperate with the LE though.

Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2009, 10:51:27 AM »

WELCOME, and thank-you for sharing your story. How horribly sad, and you are right, the grandparents could have been doing everything to help, or they could have swept all of the suspects problems under the rug. I'm sure we will hear more in the coming weeks. I certainly hope that Jeremy is on the right path, for all of your sakes  an angelic monkey

He is doing much better now. I just don't understand how all the therapist and dr.s love to say "well they are just a child". I think if we could start catching these disturbing behaviors when the child is a lot younger then maybe some things can be done to prevent these type of things from happening. Prevention is the best medicine. I think there are just too many ignoring the signs.  I do hope that the grandparents were doing their over extended part, some times I think that the parents who put their kids through all of this should be charged for something also. But that is a whole 'nother forum Smile These parents just do not consider the consequences to other people of their actions. Personally I was ready to be a grandparent. I was not wanting to have another child, now I would not exchange it for the world.  Ok enough of my ramblings.

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
crazybabyborg
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2009, 10:56:59 AM »

Hi! I wanted to say hello and welcome to tomsmith and Lenie! We're glad you're here! 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2009, 10:58:01 AM »

He is doing much better now. I just don't understand how all the therapist and dr.s love to say "well they are just a child". I think if we could start catching these disturbing behaviors when the child is a lot younger then maybe some things can be done to prevent these type of things from happening. Prevention is the best medicine. I think there are just too many ignoring the signs.  I do hope that the grandparents were doing their over extended part, some times I think that the parents who put their kids through all of this should be charged for something also. But that is a whole 'nother forum Smile These parents just do not consider the consequences to other people of their actions. Personally I was ready to be a grandparent. I was not wanting to have another child, now I would not exchange it for the world.  Ok enough of my ramblings.
I'm glad to hear that  an angelic monkey  I can't figure this out either, well they are just a child. And some of the famous serial killers were just a child also when they started killing animals. 
tomsmith99
Scared Monkey

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2009, 11:11:11 AM »

Hi! I wanted to say hello and welcome to tomsmith and Lenie! We're glad you're here! 

Thanks, I drive by the crime scene daily. You always hear about these stories on CNN, FoxNews, Nancy Grace, but they are not suppose to happen in 'your' backyard !!!

jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2009, 11:13:39 AM »

I would partially agree as I know they had to get a search warrant to gain access to the home, the grandparents denied the LE access to their house on Friday. Someone that was there said most LE involved thought there should be obstruction of justice charges filed.

They have since vanished, both houses are dark and empty.

I am sure that would be a tough postion to be in, thinking a family member could have done such a terrible thing. I still think I would cooperate with the LE though.

I will say, that for all of the b.s. we hear from one person or another during cases, that it is my opinion that actions speak so much louder than words.

I try to remember that when we hear from this lawyer or that.

Tomsmith, this is a perfect example of how actions speak so loudly.  These actions of the grandparents lead me to believe that they already knew the truth on Friday.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2009, 11:15:08 AM »

Thanks, I drive by the crime scene daily. You always hear about these stories on CNN, FoxNews, Nancy Grace, but they are not suppose to happen in 'your' backyard !!!

I'm sure it's really upsetting. It kind of puts a perspective on the stories we come to know through the news. They are all  happening in somebody's backyard. 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2009, 11:15:12 AM »

I have to say that I am touched by what your community has given to Elizabeth - the search and the balloons yesterday.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2009, 11:31:27 AM »

I am new here but have read the whole forum while waiting to be approved by the admin.

I just have to say this. I live in Ohio and do not know or have never heard of the grandparents until this story came out. We don't know if the grandparents have called Elizabeth's mother or not, hopefully she has. I am a grandparent raising a grandchild, and my sister has one of my grandchildren. My girl is 9 and her brother (that my sister has) is 8. Because of their former lives they are both on meds. Samantha is doing pretty good, but poor Jeremy is having a rough way to go. When he was 5 my sister was lying on the couch pretending to be asleep, when she wouldn't answer him he put his hands around her neck and proceeded to choke her. They were so tight that she could not get them loose, she knocked a lamp off the table which made my BIL come running into the room and he had to pry his hands loose. Both of us are constantly visiting dr.s and therapist, luckily now they both have good in both fields. But it has been a real battle for the past 6 years. The path that Jeremy was on, I could completely see him doing something like this when he got older.
Well anyway the point I am trying to get at is the grandparents may have been doing whatever they could. I agree that this child should be charged as an adult. Unless they have such social disorder that they can not function then they DO know right from wrong.
Thanks for all of the info!

WELCOME TO ALL NEW MONKEYS   

No idea if Grandma called the mother.  Mother has a long history with the courts and has very recently been a guest there and received 2 years probation.  Prior to this there are other charges which would indicate addiction.  Not sure it would do any good to call the mother based on all the court records.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2009, 11:35:23 AM »

Nancy Grace now has a Blog http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/
Please leave comments on each of the cases so they stay in the headlines.  For Elizabeth's case there are some locals that are doing there best not to have her story remain in the news, the local media is not covering any developments in the  case live and are taking up to 24 hours to update their sites with news.  If we stay on Nancy maybe the local media will actually do some investigative reporting on all the cases.  Regardless of what you think of Nancy she does keep cases on a National level if there is interest and all these children deserve not to be forgotten until Justice is served.

The last blog for Elizabeth. Please let her know we want this to remain in the news.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2009/10/28/neighbors-say-elizabeth%e2%80%99s-friends%e2%80%99-home-was-searched-is-there-a-connection-to-the-killer-2/#comments
tomsmith99
Scared Monkey

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2009, 12:02:48 PM »

Nancy Grace now has a Blog http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/
Please leave comments on each of the cases so they stay in the headlines.  For Elizabeth's case there are some locals that are doing there best not to have her story remain in the news, the local media is not covering any developments in the  case live and are taking up to 24 hours to update their sites with news.  If we stay on Nancy maybe the local media will actually do some investigative reporting on all the cases.  Regardless of what you think of Nancy she does keep cases on a National level if there is interest and all these children deserve not to be forgotten until Justice is served.

The last blog for Elizabeth. Please let her know we want this to remain in the news.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2009/10/28/neighbors-say-elizabeth%e2%80%99s-friends%e2%80%99-home-was-searched-is-there-a-connection-to-the-killer-2/#comments

I posted a few things over on Nancy Grace's forum. Jill if you want to add anything follow the link their board is easy to post to, don't have to join.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2009, 01:18:08 PM »

Just a suggestions and by no means telling anyone what to do, could we keep discussions to the other thread and leave this one for information and links on the suspect?  It would help me to see what links have been posted already as we can release more info and  keep the discussion in one area.  Just a thought.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2009, 06:10:49 PM »

Singsnap recordings (TY espresso!)

http://www.singsnap.com/snap/member/wolf_heart
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2009, 10:37:40 AM »

Videos make by Alyssa

http://www.youtube.com/user/OkamiKage#p/u/1/FVu8wglJ6Jw
Elong
Scared Monkey

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2009, 12:07:00 PM »

Did anyone notice her hobbies on that one?!
craftycathie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2009, 12:28:40 PM »

Did anyone notice her hobbies on that one?!

not sure if I am quoting ok...

This case is so sad and disturbing.  I am wondering how many of her friends and family laughed or brushed off warning signs.  Hobbies = killing people and cutting. That was posted a year ago.   I am not holding them responsible. I am just thinking about my 9 nieces and I know that I will be taking their "teen ramblings, doodles and scribbles" a little more serious.   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.