March 28, 2024, 04:45:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #2 10/29/09 - 11/18/09  (Read 601153 times)
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1500 on: November 13, 2009, 10:55:43 PM »

When they hold the hearing on the 18th to determine if the suspect will be tried as an adult or not, what will be presented before the judge?  Will the prosecution present evidence from the case i.e. she did this, this and that which proves she was completely aware of what she was doing or is this hearing going to be a defense expert shrink vs. the prosecution expert shrink?

I'm not sure about the state laws here but from my sleuthing she could be waived into adult court and that would require the judge looking at her past history and the charge of the crime itself.  From what I read the decision depends on the crime and whether or not the charge/perp committed is something a juvenile could be reabilitated from?

What Is "Waiver" To Adult Court?

A juvenile offender who has committed a serious offense may be waived from juvenile court to adult court. Sometimes this is a discretionary waiver, where the prosecutor files a motion to have the young offender tried as an adult. After a hearing, where evidence is presented for and against a waiver, the judge decides whether the offender should be tried as a juvenile or an adult. Sometimes, this is a mandatory waiver, where the law requires the young offender to be tried as an adult. Many states have passed laws allowing prosecutors to file adult charges against juveniles for certain serious offenses, without having to apply for a waiver.

She appears to have gotten a special waiver for this judge to decide juvie or adult maybe they don't have the mandatory law in her state where if the charge is serious enough she is automatically sent to adult court.
KarenK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1501 on: November 13, 2009, 10:59:06 PM »

First of all thank you Fannie Mae and No Rose Colored Glasses for the warm welcome. Secondly, opinions about the trust fund are individual and have nothing to do with the discussion really. It is a personal opinion and doesn't affect the facts of this case.  Please don't take personal offense and take away your valuable input to the forum, Kenda.
To Hitch,while we are both new to this forum,  I do take a little offense at the tone of your post about our interest in this case.  Let me assure you, I am not here just out of curiosity. I would love to uncover some detail that LE may have missed that would bring the perpetrator or perpetrators to justice in the case of Elizabeth's murder.  All of us can be the eyes and ears of the victims who cannot speak for themselves.  I admire everyone who posts here and will continue to follow closely.

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1502 on: November 13, 2009, 11:02:50 PM »

http://www.abanet.org/crimjust/cjmag/juvctmot.html

link for some boring/interesting Juvenile law processes including death penalty. 
TammyW
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1503 on: November 13, 2009, 11:05:46 PM »

PS:  KRCG TV did mentioned it on their 6pm news cast.  It is also on their web site http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=377071

Pardon the tone of my last post, but some people just make me mad!!

It's ok.    What is NT?
Sorry NT is News Tribune.  The local news paper

TammyW
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1504 on: November 13, 2009, 11:15:40 PM »

PS:  KRCG TV did mentioned it on their 6pm news cast.  It is also on their web site http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=377071

Pardon the tone of my last post, but some people just make me mad!!

It's ok.    What is NT?

NT is short for the News Tribune, our local paper. 

Tammy, what you and the riders are doing Sunday is great.  Don't get discouraged by a few bitter people who could win the lottery and do nothing but complain about the taxes they would have to pay.  You are not forcing anyone to participate and if they don't want to donate, they don't have to.
Thank you Hitch and all you Monkey's that are supportive of this benefit.  Just pray that none of those mean people posting comments on the News Tribune site are there and get in my face about it, cause I will have to tell them what I think, but I will do it with a smile on my face.
You all rock!!!

And thank you all for posting what you have found out about AB and the details of this horrible murder.  The more I learn about this the sicker I get.  And they more I know that this mother needs our help.
thanks to all of you and I will post on Sunday the final count and keep up on details here in the coming weeks and months.

KarenK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1505 on: November 14, 2009, 12:53:13 AM »

Have been doing some digging tonight. I found the myspace of A's brother. One of his friends is none other than the older brother of EO. See references to juggalo's.  I really believe there is the emo/juggalo element in this crime. These two families were evidently very close.  Hope this is not a violation. If it is please remove moderator.  Thank you.
KarenK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1506 on: November 14, 2009, 01:01:56 AM »

Retraction. The link had bro's. tag but it was a common friend where both of them were her friends. So they may not be that close. But now we know that EO's brother is also into juggalo scene.
Txsflame
Scared Monkey

UnID Murder victim

« Reply #1507 on: November 14, 2009, 01:34:12 AM »

Retraction. The link had bro's. tag but it was a common friend where both of them were her friends. So they may not be that close. But now we know that EO's brother is also into juggalo scene.

Sadly her brother is also in prison...poor Elizabeth.

Perfectly Imperfect. Imperfection is the only thinig I ever perfected!!!!

Please visit http://walkercountyjanedoe1980.webs.com

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6550.new#new
espresso
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1508 on: November 14, 2009, 08:58:44 AM »

I definately think the Olten family needs all the help they can get. I am truly disgusted by some of the comments left on the NT news site. I'll tell you all this, there better be some righteous coverage of that evil, twisted girl that committed the murder. And I hope the citizens of JC voice their opinions REAL LOUD about what kind of justice they want served on her. They need to quit beating up on a mother who had her CHILD murdered. UGH.

Cops say Stephen Spina, 36, was found stabbed to death in his apartment in Mamaroneck, New York on September 17, 2007. Killer is still at large. http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=57396 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1509 on: November 14, 2009, 10:50:02 AM »

I'm not going to even bother reading the comments over at the News Tribune.

There's always people who b*tch when donations and fundraising is undertaken for families of the missing/murdered.

I think it's petty and everyone has a choice:  donate, or do not donate.

It's just like any other charity in the world - you either get involved or you don't.  Jeez.

Re: the juggalo thing - not sure yet as there isn't much info confirmed but at this point I have to say that AB is a freaking psychopath, and that is the reason she murdered this child.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1510 on: November 14, 2009, 11:19:12 AM »

There's always people who b*tch when donations and fundraising is undertaken for families of the missing/murdered.

It's just like any other charity in the world - you either get involved or you don't.  Jeez.

Re: the juggalo thing - not sure yet as there isn't much info confirmed but at this point I have to say that AB is a freaking psychopath, and that is the reason she murdered this child.
I agree, don't know what she is psychopath, sociopath, whatever. Curious for the 18th and what the psych eval may show, though we may not hear anything about that. But the judge will surely have to take that into account, at least in part before making a decision.
espresso
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1511 on: November 14, 2009, 11:35:44 AM »

With so little being reported, I think it's interesting to see what the mindset is of the locals and what kinds of opinions they have. You'd think there'd be more focus of how awful this murder is but instead a lot of negativity aimed at the victim's mother. I am waiting to see how LE conducts themselves on the 18th or if they are just keep the whole no comment and threats against anyone who talks. The way they are running this is just bizarre to the point where they just might get an even bigger spotlight than they ever dreamed of.

Cops say Stephen Spina, 36, was found stabbed to death in his apartment in Mamaroneck, New York on September 17, 2007. Killer is still at large. http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=57396 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1512 on: November 14, 2009, 11:41:46 AM »

First of all thank you Fannie Mae and No Rose Colored Glasses for the warm welcome. Secondly, opinions about the trust fund are individual and have nothing to do with the discussion really. It is a personal opinion and doesn't affect the facts of this case.  Please don't take personal offense and take away your valuable input to the forum, Kenda.
To Hitch,while we are both new to this forum,  I do take a little offense at the tone of your post about our interest in this case.  Let me assure you, I am not here just out of curiosity. I would love to uncover some detail that LE may have missed that would bring the perpetrator or perpetrators to justice in the case of Elizabeth's murder.  All of us can be the eyes and ears of the victims who cannot speak for themselves.  I admire everyone who posts here and will continue to follow closely.

Sorry I missed your post last night. I think it is great to raise money for a hurting family, no matter what they do with it. I hope that something positive can come out of this awful thing that happened to Elizabeth. I wish you much success with this project.

I am reserving judgement about Hitch. This is not the first "local" poster who has come to the forum to criticize us for our interest and intention, and inferring we should just butt out. Believe me, many of us have dug deeply into the inter workings of Jefferson City, Cole County and the My Spaces and other social networking sites of many of the people involved, both adult and juveniles. Mayberry it is not. Screen shots were taken of a lot of the information on the public sites and social networking sites that was erased later, and I credit some smarter Monkeys than me for that.

My interest here is Elizabeth Olten and justice for her. I think that is the focus of most monkeys here. I just pray that the perpetrator is not treated like "this particular girl." I interpret that as "special." Elizabeth is dead, and I think she was terrified and hurt badly before she died. Dead is dead, and I don't think it should be treated gently because the perp happens to be 15 yr old.  JMO

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1513 on: November 14, 2009, 11:54:55 AM »

With so little being reported, I think it's interesting to see what the mindset is of the locals and what kinds of opinions they have. You'd think there'd be more focus of how awful this murder is but instead a lot of negativity aimed at the victim's mother. I am waiting to see how LE conducts themselves on the 18th or if they are just keep the whole no comment and threats against anyone who talks. The way they are running this is just bizarre to the point where they just might get an even bigger spotlight than they ever dreamed of.

That blows me away too, ESPRESSO. It could have easily have been their child that was killed. I am mortified by the attitudes I have seen. And anyway, by trying to hide everything, it just makes a dig harder.

I have no big hopes for the hearing on Nov 18. I think she is going to be declared a juvi and the big broom is going to keep on doing its work. The the heat of the hot spotlight is really going to be felt. JMO

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1514 on: November 14, 2009, 11:57:31 AM »

That blows me away too, ESPRESSO. It could have easily have been their child that was killed. I am mortified by the attitudes I have seen. And anyway, by trying to hide everything, it just makes a dig harder.

I have no big hopes for the hearing on Nov 18. I think she is going to be declared a juvi and the big broom is going to keep on doing its work. The the heat of the hot spotlight is really going to be felt. JMO
self edit

Make US dig harder.

jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1515 on: November 14, 2009, 12:22:26 PM »

I agree, don't know what she is psychopath, sociopath, whatever. Curious for the 18th and what the psych eval may show, though we may not hear anything about that. But the judge will surely have to take that into account, at least in part before making a decision.

Maybe it's just because it's taking so long for the hearing to come, but I am feeling discouraged.

I'm really worried that this girl will never have to face an adult court - although her actions were, imo, adult actions.

Ugh.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1516 on: November 14, 2009, 12:29:16 PM »

Maybe it's just because it's taking so long for the hearing to come, but I am feeling discouraged.

I'm really worried that this girl will never have to face an adult court - although her actions were, imo, adult actions.

Ugh.

I'm thinking the same thing, JILL. 

jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1517 on: November 14, 2009, 12:36:28 PM »

Imo, by protecting the name of this minor suspect ( ) the powers that be in Jefferson City, MO have made sure that the victim is forgotten - while speculation and curiousity continues with the suspect and HER family.

I hope to God that Elizabeth receives the justice the SHE deserves.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
nana0567
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1518 on: November 14, 2009, 12:42:27 PM »

Ugh.
Don't get discouraged Jill, I think I can speak for alot of us when I say we're just getting anxious to see what happens at her Nov. 18th court date. Only 4 more days to go though. I hope someone local on here can attend the hearing...that would be great. Have a great day everyone.
sweets7881
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1519 on: November 14, 2009, 12:54:05 PM »

Ugh.

I'm thinking the same thing, JILL. 

I dont see why she would get any special treatment!! Reguarding the case which those boys tourtured that  girl, they are being charged as adults!!  What makes this monster any different!! NOTHING!! She need to be tried for the adult crime that she committed!! When I was 15 years old I knew right from wrong, and so did she!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.