April 26, 2024, 09:57:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #2 10/29/09 - 11/18/09  (Read 603289 times)
TammyW
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1560 on: November 16, 2009, 01:56:34 PM »

If any locals went to the benefit today for Elizabeth's family-can you post and tell us how it went? I've been keeping good thoughts that everything went well and you all were able to raise some money to help out the family. Anyway, would love to hear the details!

We raised $850 dollars for Elizabeth's mother.  It was pouring buckets here today and I wonder if that kept people away.  We had about 50 people there.  I just thought there would have been more.  KMIZ 17, KRCG 13 and News Tribune were all there to report. 

A lot of Elizabeth's family was there and the money was given to her aunt to give to her mother.  They told us that Elizabeth's mother is not only grieving but is mad!!  God how awful this must be on her.  Losing a child is the most horrible thing a person will ever have to endure, and to add to that, losing her in this manor.  Not only is she grieving but she now has to deal with her anger and the pain of a trial. 

They also told us that her mother can't go back to work yet.  How long would it take any of us to get out of bed, put one foot in front of the other and get back to something that resembles a normal life???? 

There were tears shed today.  The family told us that they were so thankful we did this. 

Anyone out there (New Tribune message board people) who think that we should not have done this or think that the family did not need or deserve the money, well they can all just stay in their glass houses in Mayberry and pretend that life is good. 

I am proud of my group and proud of what we did today.  I only wish it could have been more. 

Our web site was private, and some of it still is, sorry,  but I have made it public for a while if any of you Monkey's want to check out the photos from today.  http://www.meetup.com/Central-Missouri-Riders/ click on photos on the left sidebar of the home page.  The pictures will come up.

Good job. Since you were disappointed in the turn out, is there any way money can be sent for Elizabeth Olten's fund? I looked at the Website and didn't seen anything about that. I would like to donate too.

Sorry, I wasn't disappointed in the turn out really.  Just wish there could have been more.  Anyone who wants to donate can do so through Missouri Missing, Here is the info: 

Make checks payable to The Elizabeth Olten Memorial Fund OR The Anthony Olten Education Fund
Memorial Fund c/o Missouri Missing PO Box 1688 Jefferson City MO 65109
If you want to donate, please do so!!!  I can tell you that I know it will be greatly appreciated.

As for the pink shirts, I know where they got them and some of us asked about them.  I think they were going to check on it and see if we could get some.  I do know that the minimum order is 12.  I will see what I can find out.  The shirts also have Elizabeth's picture on the back

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1561 on: November 16, 2009, 02:22:00 PM »

If any locals went to the benefit today for Elizabeth's family-can you post and tell us how it went? I've been keeping good thoughts that everything went well and you all were able to raise some money to help out the family. Anyway, would love to hear the details!

We raised $850 dollars for Elizabeth's mother.  It was pouring buckets here today and I wonder if that kept people away.  We had about 50 people there.  I just thought there would have been more.  KMIZ 17, KRCG 13 and News Tribune were all there to report. 

A lot of Elizabeth's family was there and the money was given to her aunt to give to her mother.  They told us that Elizabeth's mother is not only grieving but is mad!!  God how awful this must be on her.  Losing a child is the most horrible thing a person will ever have to endure, and to add to that, losing her in this manor.  Not only is she grieving but she now has to deal with her anger and the pain of a trial. 

They also told us that her mother can't go back to work yet.  How long would it take any of us to get out of bed, put one foot in front of the other and get back to something that resembles a normal life???? 

There were tears shed today.  The family told us that they were so thankful we did this. 

Anyone out there (New Tribune message board people) who think that we should not have done this or think that the family did not need or deserve the money, well they can all just stay in their glass houses in Mayberry and pretend that life is good. 

I am proud of my group and proud of what we did today.  I only wish it could have been more. 

Our web site was private, and some of it still is, sorry,  but I have made it public for a while if any of you Monkey's want to check out the photos from today.  http://www.meetup.com/Central-Missouri-Riders/ click on photos on the left sidebar of the home page.  The pictures will come up.

Good job. Since you were disappointed in the turn out, is there any way money can be sent for Elizabeth Olten's fund? I looked at the Website and didn't seen anything about that. I would like to donate too.

Sorry, I wasn't disappointed in the turn out really.  Just wish there could have been more.  Anyone who wants to donate can do so through Missouri Missing, Here is the info: 

Make checks payable to The Elizabeth Olten Memorial Fund OR The Anthony Olten Education Fund
Memorial Fund c/o Missouri Missing PO Box 1688 Jefferson City MO 65109
If you want to donate, please do so!!!  I can tell you that I know it will be greatly appreciated.

As for the pink shirts, I know where they got them and some of us asked about them.  I think they were going to check on it and see if we could get some.  I do know that the minimum order is 12.  I will see what I can find out.  The shirts also have Elizabeth's picture on the back

Thanks TAMMYW for everything.  an angelic monkey

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1562 on: November 16, 2009, 03:12:59 PM »

WELCOME NEW MONKEYS   

Tammy - what a wonderful thing you were involved in.  Sometimes the right thing is the hardest path to take and you did the right thing.  Thank you for sharing the pictures.  I see a large group of caring people.  I also see a group of people who do the right thing rather than condemn.  God Bless you and your group.

Two days and hopefully the media will get their reporting badges out of their arses and cover Elizabeth's case and be a voice for justice.  There is only one victim here and that is Elizabeth.  She did not choose to be killed by the hands of another nor did she choose to have her body hidden so well that searchers could not find it when they had been there twice.  There is little doubt that the person who took LE to the body is guilty.  The focus on the pity party that the defense will be painting and the big cone of silence so AB does not suffer is bull snit.  Reporters could be covering how the community is dealing with the events and the rumours that are surely going crazy.  They could also be reporting on how Elizabeth's school is doing, how are the kids coping, teachers dealing with it, is there still support, are they doing anything special for Thanksgiving to remember Elizabeth.  At the High School reporters could be looking into the runour that kids may have been threatened with expulsion if they post anything, how are the kids there coping with a fellow student being charged with murder and the suicide of a teacher.  Only a few things that the local media could be covering  that they choose not to.  Local media is choosing not to report anything, and Elizabeth had no choice about being murdered, bet she would love to have a choice.  What is wrong with this picture?  Hiding events will not allow anyone to learn or to begin the healing process.  JMO
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1563 on: November 16, 2009, 03:16:16 PM »

WELCOME NEW MONKEYS   

Tammy - what a wonderful thing you were involved in.  Sometimes the right thing is the hardest path to take and you did the right thing.  Thank you for sharing the pictures.  I see a large group of caring people.  I also see a group of people who do the right thing rather than condemn.  God Bless you and your group.

Two days and hopefully the media will get their reporting badges out of their arses and cover Elizabeth's case and be a voice for justice.  There is only one victim here and that is Elizabeth.  She did not choose to be killed by the hands of another nor did she choose to have her body hidden so well that searchers could not find it when they had been there twice.  There is little doubt that the person who took LE to the body is guilty.  The focus on the pity party that the defense will be painting and the big cone of silence so AB does not suffer is bull snit.  Reporters could be covering how the community is dealing with the events and the rumours that are surely going crazy.  They could also be reporting on how Elizabeth's school is doing, how are the kids coping, teachers dealing with it, is there still support, are they doing anything special for Thanksgiving to remember Elizabeth.  At the High School reporters could be looking into the runour that kids may have been threatened with expulsion if they post anything, how are the kids there coping with a fellow student being charged with murder and the suicide of a teacher.  Only a few things that the local media could be covering  that they choose not to.  Local media is choosing not to report anything, and Elizabeth had no choice about being murdered, bet she would love to have a choice.  What is wrong with this picture?  Hiding events will not allow anyone to learn or to begin the healing process.  JMO

I am SOOOOOOO glad to see you back! 

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

TammyW
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1564 on: November 16, 2009, 06:09:14 PM »

I want to thank all of you here for your support of what our group did.  That means a lot to us.

The Past Time DJ Service that was at the benefit, (by they way, free of charge) lived next to Elizabeth for many many years before Elizabeth moved to St Martins.  The DJ's have a nine year old son that played with Elizabeth growing up.  She said Elizabeth was a sweet little girl, very polite with manners.

The one thing that so don't think about sometimes is the friends of Elizabeth.  Like this little boy who grew up playing with her.  They went to the visitation.  There son wanted to go.  He could not go very close to the casket.  He cried that night for hours.  Children don't think about death much and when a classmate dies it's kinda like a big slap in the face from reality. 

I want justice for Elizabeth.  Justice for her family, friends, and classmates that will never be the same.  Justice for all those who grieve for her, and all of us that never knew her but have heavy, saddened hearts.

Thanks to all of you!!!! 

bigmoney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1565 on: November 16, 2009, 06:32:37 PM »

I was also wondering if there is anyway to get one of the pink Elizabeth t shirts as seen in some of the pictures...???

Yes I am wondering the same. My Daughter would love to have one. I wish the weather had been better yesterday. I am positive that had an effect on the turnout. Thanks to the Central Missouri Riders. Thanks to everyone involved including Mikes Corner Pocket and the news media who did cover it.
bigmoney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1566 on: November 16, 2009, 06:36:27 PM »

WELCOME NEW MONKEYS   

I was going to say exactly all of that!!  Thanks for saying it for me (us).
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1567 on: November 16, 2009, 08:09:50 PM »

a little O/T
i hope these links work, its a abc primetime look at the, missouri detention centers,
and dorms and therapy replaces bars and guards
http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=9093886

http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=8533158

http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=8533263

http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=10&pub=abcnews&url=http%3A%2F%2Fabcnews.go.com%2Fvideo%2FplayerIndex%3Fid%3D8533158&title=Part%201%3A%20A%20New%20Model%20for%20Juvenile%20Justice

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1568 on: November 16, 2009, 08:16:14 PM »

its a abc primetime look at the, missouri detention centers,

the right link sorry for the other links, i scratched them out
the right link

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1569 on: November 16, 2009, 09:24:09 PM »

the right link

Thanks for the link. I guess it may be a step in the right direction. I wonder what the recidivism rate is for the Rosa Parks Center.

Jan_in_Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1570 on: November 16, 2009, 11:35:05 PM »

the right link

Thanks for the link. I guess it may be a step in the right direction. I wonder what the recidivism rate is for the Rosa Parks Center.

Ninety-three female juvenile offenders have participated in the Rosa Parks Center since 2001. Missouri’s DYS community-based, treatment approach to habilitating young offenders is unique, and viewed by many as a model for the nation with one of the lowest recidivism rates for young offenders in the country and with costs 30 percent lower than surrounding states. Faculty, students, Rosa Parks staff members, and the youth anecdotally report positive outcomes directly related to this WWU and Rosa Parks relationship. There has not, however, been a formal evaluation. Two social work faculty members are planning a quantitative and qualitative study in collaboration with the DYS.

bolded by me
nana0567
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1571 on: November 17, 2009, 07:02:26 AM »

the right link
I watched these videos and I can see that this would probably be something that would work for non-violent juveniles...but not so much for juveniles that have tortured or murdered someone. Look at the case right now with the 5 teens who doused their classmate with rubbing alcohol and then set him on fire. The boy is in the intensive care unit right now and is doing okay...but is going to have medical problems the rest of his life. I know in alot of states even if they're charged as adults they still go to juvenile hall...until they're 18-21 and then they're sent to an adult prison. I myself cannot see violent juveniles being in this type of facility with non-violent juveniles...especially with no bars or guards. Scary thought...yikes
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1572 on: November 17, 2009, 08:36:39 AM »

Tammy - thank you for what you have done for Elizabeth's family!

Ignore the negative people - since I've been posting on this case, it is obvious that there are people who have been planted online (by AB's defense team/family?) to cast dispersions on Elizabeth's family.

Hopefully, this will get to a jury and Elizabeth will get the justice that she - and her family - deserve.

Please keep us updated on fundraising events.

You and your friends are angels.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1573 on: November 17, 2009, 09:46:35 AM »

Thank-you TammyW  an angelic monkey
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1574 on: November 17, 2009, 09:49:37 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 09:59:39 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1575 on: November 17, 2009, 10:31:55 AM »

I'm on pins and needles.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but the fact that he has opened it to the public gives me a glimmer of hope that she will be charged as an adult.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1576 on: November 17, 2009, 10:32:26 AM »

thanks, Northern Rose!

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1577 on: November 17, 2009, 11:32:29 AM »

I'm on pins and needles.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but the fact that he has opened it to the public gives me a glimmer of hope that she will be charged as an adult.

I hope you are right.  At least then the national news can put the details out there and keep Elizabeth in the news.  I have lost total faith on anything being reported locally or if it is, being fully reported. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1578 on: November 17, 2009, 11:53:39 AM »

I don't know if anyone from this forum will be going tomorrow, but on WS there are at least two people going.
Shinju
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1579 on: November 17, 2009, 12:28:29 PM »

I have been following this case since the day EO went missing, and have been lurking on the forums since she was found deceased. It truly is a sad outcome, and I hope the poi gets the book thrown at her.

Anyways, does anyone actually think this case will make it to jury if she is certified as an adult?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.