March 29, 2024, 01:53:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #2 10/29/09 - 11/18/09  (Read 601224 times)
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1600 on: November 17, 2009, 04:08:44 PM »

Shinju - interesting name - considering it means suicide pact

However, why do you find it a problem that persons on this forum would like to see arrest records and warrants? Aren't they public records that we as taxpayers pay for?  Just saying.

Karen - welcome to the cage!

I don't think we've met   

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1601 on: November 17, 2009, 04:47:16 PM »

Welcome SHINJU. If you have been reading along here on SM you would know we want every scrap of information. We are nosy, very nosy, and we don't like it when PUBLIC records are kept from us. When things start being hidden, it really peaks our interest. We want to see to it that Elizabeth Olten is considered, and not that Allysa is "this particular girl." I hope you enjoy posting along with us. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1602 on: November 17, 2009, 04:48:58 PM »

I have been following this case since the day EO went missing, and have been lurking on the forums since she was found deceased. It truly is a sad outcome, and I hope the poi gets the book thrown at her.

Anyways, does anyone actually think this case will make it to jury if she is certified as an adult?

if a deal is made, at least she will be considered an adult and the info will be released.

If tried as a juvenile, we probably won't hear squat.

I have no idea why they aren't releasing more information. I'm pretty sure that in Missouri they can and sometimes will release the names/details of crime committed by juveniles. And if they can't does anyone know the statute of limitations on a civil suit, lol   

I am fairly certain there is plenty of time for a civil suit. Personally, I hope it happens. JMO

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1603 on: November 17, 2009, 04:57:12 PM »

Hi HITCH! 

Are you ever going to post with us again?

jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1604 on: November 17, 2009, 05:16:04 PM »

Welcome SHINJU. If you have been reading along here on SM you would know we want every scrap of information. We are nosy, very nosy, and we don't like it when PUBLIC records are kept from us. When things start being hidden, it really peaks our interest. We want to see to it that Elizabeth Olten is considered, and not that Allysa is "this particular girl." I hope you enjoy posting along with us. 

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
KarenK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1605 on: November 17, 2009, 05:36:12 PM »

Hello Jill. Nice to meet you. Just approved a few days ago but reading for many weeks.  Thank you for the welcome.
YourMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1606 on: November 17, 2009, 05:42:34 PM »

Elong
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1607 on: November 17, 2009, 05:58:29 PM »

Please forgive me, I've been gone for a little while, crazy hectic family drama. 
Can someone clarify for me, I thought the hearing on whether or not to try AB as an adult was supposed to happen Monday.  Did it get moved and I missed it?  Thanks for indulging me!
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1608 on: November 17, 2009, 06:03:37 PM »

Please forgive me, I've been gone for a little while, crazy hectic family drama. 
Can someone clarify for me, I thought the hearing on whether or not to try AB as an adult was supposed to happen Monday.  Did it get moved and I missed it?  Thanks for indulging me!

It will be tomorrow at 8am local time.

Elong
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1609 on: November 17, 2009, 06:09:21 PM »

Thanks Fannie Mae.  I just went out and googled Elizabeth Olten, thinking there may be something out there in regard to the hearing, but surprisingly (read sarcasm) there's not a word.
My husband and I are going to visit his sister and niece the 20th through the 23rd in MO.  I will most assuradly will update when I'm down there if I hear of anything.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1610 on: November 17, 2009, 06:13:13 PM »

Thanks Fannie Mae.  I just went out and googled Elizabeth Olten, thinking there may be something out there in regard to the hearing, but surprisingly (read sarcasm) there's not a word.
My husband and I are going to visit his sister and niece the 20th through the 23rd in MO.  I will most assuradly will update when I'm down there if I hear of anything.

That will be really great to have a "real" reporter down there to gather information. 

jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1611 on: November 17, 2009, 06:14:16 PM »

Hello Jill. Nice to meet you. Just approved a few days ago but reading for many weeks.  Thank you for the welcome.

you need to get oufitted - you're naked!

just in time for the most miraculous holiday of them all - well, one of them...

Brandi or CBB can fit you out with an avatar in the Monkey Lounge, if you'd like.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1612 on: November 17, 2009, 06:15:54 PM »

hi Elong 

will you be in the Jefferson City area? 

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
bigmoney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1613 on: November 17, 2009, 07:53:19 PM »

I have been following this case since the day EO went missing, and have been lurking on the forums since she was found deceased. It truly is a sad outcome, and I hope the poi gets the book thrown at her.

Anyways, does anyone actually think this case will make it to jury if she is certified as an adult?
That has been my feeling for a long time. If she did it and the evidence is compelling, I dont believe that there will be a trial. If the details are as gory as some of the rumors I really dont believe there will be a trial. The defense would be willing to plea bargain as well as the prosecution simply to try to keep the details of the crime from being recounted in painstaking details. Just my opinion. The prosecution would want to spare the family the rigors of a detailed description of the crime and so would the defense. Anyone else think something along those lines?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1614 on: November 17, 2009, 07:58:23 PM »

That has been my feeling for a long time. If she did it and the evidence is compelling, I dont believe that there will be a trial. If the details are as gory as some of the rumors I really dont believe there will be a trial. The defense would be willing to plea bargain as well as the prosecution simply to try to keep the details of the crime from being recounted in painstaking details. Just my opinion. The prosecution would want to spare the family the rigors of a detailed description of the crime and so would the defense. Anyone else think something along those lines?
Yes, same thoughts.
MonaSuzy
Scared Monkey

Peace to All

« Reply #1615 on: November 17, 2009, 08:00:46 PM »

I agree they"ll probably plea it out. Better for all involved.
KarenK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1616 on: November 17, 2009, 08:15:38 PM »

I am so embarrassed that I have no clothes!! Thank you Jill for telling me.

If there is a plea, I am afraid all of this will just be swept under the rug and we will never see real justice.  One thing though that has come out of this. After all my searching I cannot believe how many troubled deeply disturbed young people there are out there. When people say someone should have noticed AB's comments about cutting and killing - it is rampant.  I found site after site with postings way worse than anything AB wrote.

I have a 22 year old son and live in Miami, so don't think I live under a rock and I did not know anything about emo or juggalo before this case.  I hope NG or someone will at least explore the dark side of so many of this generation.   I don't know anyone who has a child who is emo or goth or anything along those lines.  My son's biggest crime was when he tried marijuana when he was 16 and had a violent reaction and ended up in the ER.   I almost killed him.     Now that seems so tame.

jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1617 on: November 17, 2009, 08:32:59 PM »

I think that's what the defense will do if they have any sense - that is my opinion without knowing what "extenuating circumstances" her atty was referring to in regards to this crime.

That said, the details of this crime will indeed be released if she is certified to be tried as an adult.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1618 on: November 17, 2009, 08:44:11 PM »

I am so embarrassed that I have no clothes!! Thank you Jill for telling me.

If there is a plea, I am afraid all of this will just be swept under the rug and we will never see real justice.  One thing though that has come out of this. After all my searching I cannot believe how many troubled deeply disturbed young people there are out there. When people say someone should have noticed AB's comments about cutting and killing - it is rampant.  I found site after site with postings way worse than anything AB wrote.

I have a 22 year old son and live in Miami, so don't think I live under a rock and I did not know anything about emo or juggalo before this case.  I hope NG or someone will at least explore the dark side of so many of this generation.   I don't know anyone who has a child who is emo or goth or anything along those lines.  My son's biggest crime was when he tried marijuana when he was 16 and had a violent reaction and ended up in the ER.   I almost killed him.     Now that seems so tame.

awww, poor kid.  he got scared straight, didn't he?

I hear you, KK - this is very disturbing.

I have a very intelligent 14 year old daughter who dresses "scene".  That consists of wearing skinny jeans and tshirts of bands that I have never heard of.  When I checked these bands out, I was happily surprised to hear that their music is nice.  Very well done and not violent, thank God.  I was worried because she wanted to wear black eyeliner and had taken to wearing black/white checked arm bands.  It turned out to be nothing more than just following a current "style".

I discussed this case with my daughter, asked her a lot of questions, showed her some myspaces.  Her reaction?  "She's insane, Mom".

I think when we look at a 15 year old with this kind of situation, it's hard to understand how a child could do this.

But a 15 year old isn't really a child.  At that age, they should be well aware of right/wrong - and at that age their personal moral sytem should be fully engaged.

The prevalent feeling with AB may end up being that the majority may want to go easy on her - give her a chance, maybe try to fix what's wrong with her.

But her crime...pretty bad.

I do not think that I have EVER heard of a 15 year old girl from a pretty okay background, killing a 9 year old girl in cold blood.

I guess we'll see tomorrow what the judge thinks.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1619 on: November 17, 2009, 08:45:03 PM »

Don't miss Dana Pretzer tonight, he has a great lineup!  Show starts in about 15 minutes!

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2009/11/17/the-dana-pretzer-show-on-scared-monkeys-radio-tuesday-november-17-2009-special-guests-retired-lt-colonel-ralph-peters-discussing-ft-hood-shooting-aes-bill-kurtis-robin-sax/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.