April 18, 2024, 11:51:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #2 10/29/09 - 11/18/09  (Read 602644 times)
KarenK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1640 on: November 18, 2009, 02:18:41 AM »

If there is a higher power he will be judging tomorrow. If AB does not get justice here, I hope there is an eternal punishment. EO will be an angel if there is a God. Even though I am not sure I believe in anything, I will pray anyway. It can't hurt. We should say a little prayer for Shaniya as well.   Another true tragedy that is unspeakable.  I now know human trafficking is for real. I still wonder if that is what happened to Haleigh Cummings.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1641 on: November 18, 2009, 06:56:34 AM »

OK, I have no clothes but my daughter (Fendi) has on her fur!! LOL

You look great!   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1642 on: November 18, 2009, 07:16:04 AM »

good morning, monkeys!

Finally, the day has arrived!

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1643 on: November 18, 2009, 07:17:10 AM »

This whole case disturbs me. (how's that for an understatement?) - we own a business and have a lot of younger people that work for us. I see them come in with t shirts about strange bands that look violent and, to be honest, silly. this ICP that the juggalos follow is just stick. They come from the same cloth as many of the other gang banger trash that call themselves musicians.

Any way, I have a huge problem with the juvenile justice system in this country. Having had first hand experience with them, I think that this protection of minors that commit horrendous crimes is embarrassing to us as a country of fairness and justice. They murder, rape and abuse people and don't get arrested, they get detained. They do not get convicted, they get adjudicated. They do not get long sentences, they get periods of detainment. WTF. I agree that when a kid takes a stick of gum without permission they should get a break, but when they take the life of another - either actually or by molestation etc. - they should face the music. IF you are old enough to kill, molest or otherwise play in the adult world, then you get to stay here.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1644 on: November 18, 2009, 07:22:10 AM »

"By Newsdesk KRCG
Wednesday, November 18, 2009 at 4:25 a.m.

Read more: Local, Crime, Special Section, Elizabeth Olten

COLE COUNTY -- Seating is limited at today's hearing and security has been amped up for the high profile case.

Only 36 seats are available to the public.

Anyone wanting those seats must be at the Monroe Street entrance to the Cole County Court House at 7:45 a.m.

No cell phones or other audio or video recording devices will be allowed in the courtroom. That's in addition to the standard items prohibited.

KRCG will be covering this hearing all day. We will have reporters live on the scene and in the courtroom."

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=378736

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1645 on: November 18, 2009, 07:25:02 AM »

Olten murder case trial preview     

By Mallory McGowin
Tuesday, November 17, 2009 at 9:08 p.m.

COLE COUNTY -- Mid-Missouri has waited for court proceedings to begin in the Elizabeth Olten murder case to shed more light on the murder.
But, in the mean time, online message boards and blogs have filled the void with various versions of what happened.

During the frantic search for Elizabeth Olten, her family wondered what could have happened to her.

"I don't know who would have done anything, but we all want her home safely," they say.

What has surprised everyone is that the alleged murderer is not a career criminal or sex offender, but rather a juvenile.

MURDER SUSPECT INFORMATION

Here is what law enforcement has confirmed about the murder suspect.

The juvenile is 15 years old and lives near where Elizabeth olten lived. Police say the teen was also an acquaintance of Elizabeth.

But law enforcement will not say anything else.

KRCG News has confirmed though that the murder suspect lives at the house where Elizabeth was playing the night she went missing.

KRCG also found out the juvenile is a girl, a fact confirmed in statements made by juvenile court officials.

This direct quote from Juvenile Court Lawyer Samantha Green refers to the suspect as "she" and "her."

"She would be eligible for what we call dual jurisdiction. If she is eligible for dual jurisdiction, she would be transferred to the temporary custody of the Division of Youth Services where they would provide her treatment and services."

RUMORS & QUESTIONS

With little information being released, mid-Missouri is left to speculate on the rest of the story.

One popular blogoshpere theory is that Jefferson City High School teacher Bill Currie committed suicide just days after the 15 year old's arrest because he knew of her plans to commit murder.

In fact checking this possibility, we ran into problems because the school district will not even confirm that the murder suspect is a student at JCHS.

However, the Cole County Sheriff's Department and Jefferson City Police both say Currie did not teach the suspect and that his suicide in not connected.

Another persistent theory is that the female suspect dug a grave in the woods in advance of the murder.

Many say that's plausable for two reasons: One, the charge of first degree murder means authorities believe the murder was pre-meditated. Also, searchers had a hard time finding Elizabeth's body.

"We had been through that area, actually more than once," says Cole County Sheriff Greg White. "The body was very well concealed."

Sheriff White says he can't elaborate on that statement.

There is also the question of exactly what written evidence authorities recieved. Here's what the Sheriff White has said:

"We came into possession of some written documents," says White. "The results of those documents gave us a person of interest. Once we reached that person and interviewed them, ultimately they led us to where we've recovered Elizabeth's body."

We asked the sheriff if the written evidence was the suspect's diary or a letter from someone who knew about the murder. He declined to comment now that the case is in court.

WEDNESDAY'S COURT HEARING
KRCG knows the name of the 15-year-old female suspect and have done extensive research into her background and family history.

If the judge at Wednesday's certification hearing decides she should be tried as an adult, her name will then be made public and we can share the information we have obtained.

Court documents could also reveal a possible motive for the murder, where and how it happened, and whether anyone else was involved.

However, there is a chance the judge could take the evidence presented Wednesday under advisement, and rule on the certification at a later date.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=378610

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
bigmoney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1646 on: November 18, 2009, 07:26:31 AM »

KMIZ is there reporting from the courthouse now. Greg Dingrando says that there will be 2 courtrooms. The second is going to allow people to view the proceeding by video. Dingrando and Michelle Linn also says:
1. They expect a ruling to come very fast and that KMIZ will break into Good Morning America
2. They will be able to get the court documents right away
3. will be showing her photo and saying her name on the air
4. AB may or may not be present
5. if she is certified she will be arrested and immediately removed from juvenile custody and taken to the jail
 Michelle Linn says that they will be reprting on the case all morning.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1647 on: November 18, 2009, 07:27:27 AM »

http://www.bnd.com/336/story/1014195.html

Online content - Wire feeds - Missouri | State & regional
Wednesday, Nov. 18, 2009
| Comments (0) | Recommend (0)
Hearing scheduled for teen Mo. murder suspect
By CHRIS BLANK - Associated Press Writer

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. -- A judge was to consider Wednesday whether the 15-year-old suspect in the slaying of a 9-year-old central Missouri girl found in the woods two days after she went missing should be prosecuted as an adult.

The teenager, whose name and gender have not been released by police, is accused of first-degree murder in the death of Elizabeth Olten. Law officers say the teen led them to Elizabeth's body in a wooded area in St. Martins, which is west of Jefferson City.

The teen has been held in juvenile custody since last month. Cole County Judge Jon Beetem was scheduled to hear arguments Wednesday on whether the teen should be prosecuted as an adult.

Under Missouri law, children as young as 12 can be charged as adults with first-degree murder. Ten factors are considered in deciding how to treat juveniles accused of crimes. All must be evaluated, but Beetem does not need to weigh them equally.

Among the factors: the seriousness of the crime; whether viciousness, force or violence was involved; whether people or property were affected; the suspect's criminal record and background; and the individual's age, sophistication and maturity.

Court officials have planned extra security measures for Wednesday's hearing, which is open to the public. Cell phones, laptop computers, tape recorders and cameras all have been banned from the courthouse and those who attend the hearing can't re-enter the courtroom once it has started. Law officers at a security checkpoint in the court basement also will be screening more items.
Hundreds of people searched for Elizabeth after she did not return on Oct. 21 from a neighbor's house about a quarter mile away. Searchers twice had checked the area where her body was found two days later, but the Cole County Sheriff's Department said Elizabeth had been well concealed.

Authorities have released few additional details, including how Elizabeth died. Cole County Sheriff Greg White said the 15-year-old was contacted after unspecified written evidence was obtained. Law officers have not said how it is believed Elizabeth encountered the teen or where it is believed that she was killed.

White has said that Elizabeth and the 15-year-old were acquainted but not relatives.

Elizabeth was a fourth-grader who baked cookies, worked puzzles with her mother and liked playing dress-up with her animals, according to her obituary. Elizabeth also enjoyed music, and her favorite musicians were Taylor Swift and the character Hannah Montana.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1648 on: November 18, 2009, 07:28:39 AM »

good morning, monkeys!

Finally, the day has arrived!

an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1649 on: November 18, 2009, 07:38:20 AM »

thanks to everyone for the news stories, oth posted and to be posted!

I'm searching for an online feed right now - but in the meantime will turn on Good Morning America.

I'm totally freaking out - this has GOT to go the right way.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1650 on: November 18, 2009, 08:05:15 AM »

Does anyone have any pictures of AB that they would like to share with me? Thanks

I have a couple I'll post after the hearing Wink

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
bigmoney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1651 on: November 18, 2009, 08:12:10 AM »

Does anyone have any pictures of AB that they would like to share with me? Thanks

I have a couple I'll post after the hearing Wink
Great!
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1652 on: November 18, 2009, 08:22:33 AM »

has anyone found any live updates?

blogs?  twitters?

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1653 on: November 18, 2009, 08:38:45 AM »

strangely, the Westboro Baptist peeps protested yesterday outside JCHS - and they are still in JC today.

http://www.**/articles/2009/11/18/news_local/043local03westboro09.txt

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1654 on: November 18, 2009, 08:39:32 AM »

here is KRCG's twitter - so far, no news:

http://twitter.com/krcg

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1655 on: November 18, 2009, 08:46:17 AM »

I'm laughing at myself.

I forgot that I'm an hour ahead...

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1656 on: November 18, 2009, 08:46:47 AM »

Thanks Jill.   an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1657 on: November 18, 2009, 08:50:03 AM »

http://www.kctv5.com/news/21649734/detail.html
Teen To Appear In Court For Olten Killing

POSTED: 6:36 am CST November 18, 2009
UPDATED: 7:12 am CST November 18, 2009
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. -- A 15-year-old girl will appear in Cole County court Wednesday to decide whether she will face charges as an adult in the killing of 9-year-old Elizabeth Olten.

In October, Olten disappeared as she was walking home from a friend's house near Jefferson City. A few days after she disappeared, the teen girl led police to Olten's body.

Police said they found Olten's body in a wooded area where she was last seen in St. Martin, Mo.

Since being arrested, the teen has been housed at the Prenger Family Center.

Today, prosecutors and lawyers representing the teen will be in court.

KCTV5 will be inside of the courtroom and will have full reports on the proceedings.

~ Peter Frampton
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1658 on: November 18, 2009, 08:54:48 AM »

Thanks Jill.   an angelic monkey

welcome, trimm.

I've never been a proficient news-gatherer, so I am glad you are here!

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1659 on: November 18, 2009, 08:59:17 AM »

I'm laughing at myself.

I forgot that I'm an hour ahead...

Been there,done that.Shoulda bought the tshirt. 

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.