April 24, 2024, 01:22:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #2 10/29/09 - 11/18/09  (Read 603069 times)
TammyW
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1660 on: November 18, 2009, 09:03:18 AM »

I had to share this with all you monkeys.  Here is a video of my 6 year old grandson singing Man in the Mirror at the Elizabeth Olten benefit last Sunday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTDst8aviBk

jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1661 on: November 18, 2009, 09:05:09 AM »

I had to share this with all you monkeys.  Here is a video of my 6 year old grandson singing Man in the Mirror at the Elizabeth Olten benefit last Sunday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTDst8aviBk

awww, Tammy - thank you!  He's a doll.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1662 on: November 18, 2009, 09:05:49 AM »

KMIZmichelle Long lines and bomb sniffing dogs outside Cole Co Courthouse ahead of adult certification hearing for Elizabeth Olten murder suspect.   42 minutes ago from web

KOMUnews RT @AlexRozier: The scene still quiet outside the Cole County Courthouse. Elizabeth Olten hearing to begin shortly. @KOMUNews ^JLR   2 minutes ago from CoTweet
http://twitter.com/#search?q=elizabeth%20olten

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1663 on: November 18, 2009, 09:06:49 AM »

good morning, monkeys!

Finally, the day has arrived!

an angelic monkey

Praying for justice for Elizabeth.  an angelic monkey

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1664 on: November 18, 2009, 09:11:33 AM »

Just talked with Christina Medina...teens in JC are handing out pink ribbons at the hearing for the alleged killer of Elizabeth Olten.
27 minutes ago from web

http://twitter.com/KCTV5Newsdesk

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Shinju
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1665 on: November 18, 2009, 09:12:12 AM »

I have been following this case since the day EO went missing, and have been lurking on the forums since she was found deceased. It truly is a sad outcome, and I hope the poi gets the book thrown at her.

Anyways, does anyone actually think this case will make it to jury if she is certified as an adult?

if a deal is made, at least she will be considered an adult and the info will be released.

If tried as a juvenile, we probably won't hear squat.

I have no idea why they aren't releasing more information. I'm pretty sure that in Missouri they can and sometimes will release the names/details of crime committed by juveniles. And if they can't does anyone know the statute of limitations on a civil suit, lol   

I am fairly certain there is plenty of time for a civil suit. Personally, I hope it happens. JMO

I meant so I can sue for them putting my name in the paper when I was middle school lol.

Personally I don't think there should be a civil suit. The family of AB are victims too. IMO
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1666 on: November 18, 2009, 09:15:39 AM »

I have been following this case since the day EO went missing, and have been lurking on the forums since she was found deceased. It truly is a sad outcome, and I hope the poi gets the book thrown at her.

Anyways, does anyone actually think this case will make it to jury if she is certified as an adult?

if a deal is made, at least she will be considered an adult and the info will be released.

I have no idea why they aren't releasing more information. I'm pretty sure that in Missouri they can and sometimes will release the names/details of crime committed by juveniles. And if they can't does anyone know the statute of limitations on a civil suit, lol   

I am fairly certain there is plenty of time for a civil suit. Personally, I hope it happens. JMO

I meant so I can sue for them putting my name in the paper when I was middle school lol.

Personally I don't think there should be a civil suit. The family of AB are victims too. IMO

we'll see.

I've read reports from locals that Alyssa's family helped cover up her crime.

Hopefully we'll have facts soon instead of rumors and cover-up.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Jan_in_Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1667 on: November 18, 2009, 09:19:09 AM »

Oh how I wish this were televised live today, I can't take the suspense! Please Lord, let AB be tried as an adult! Elizabeth needs justice!!

Thanks for the twitter acct's I'll be following closely!

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1668 on: November 18, 2009, 09:19:34 AM »

strangely, the Westboro Baptist peeps protested yesterday outside JCHS - and they are still in JC today.

http://www.**/articles/2009/11/18/news_local/043local03westboro09.txt

I wondered where these creeps were during all the funerals for the Ft Hood soldiers. 

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Shinju
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1669 on: November 18, 2009, 09:20:32 AM »

we'll see.

I've heard that too. But if she had help that person would be in custody. I've also heard that their family was more than helpful with LE and were not allowed to participate in the search. I've heard that bf killed EO and AB covered for him.

Based on what I heard about the family before this happened I'd personally think that the bolded theory is true.
Shinju
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1670 on: November 18, 2009, 09:21:30 AM »

we'll see.

I've heard that too. But if she had help that person would be in custody. I've also heard that their family was more than helpful with LE and were not allowed to participate in the search. I've heard that bf killed EO and AB covered for him.

Based on what I heard about the family before this happened I'd personally think that the bolded theory is true.

But that is just my opinion and every is entitled to think differently if they wish.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1671 on: November 18, 2009, 09:21:44 AM »

we'll see.

Yes, there can also be a civil suit, even though there is or is not a criminal trial. I think we have not been able to get as much info on the family because they were enabling Alyssa. JMO

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1672 on: November 18, 2009, 09:23:22 AM »

we'll see.

But that is just my opinion and every is entitled to think differently if they wish.

I think you have made your reason for being here perfectly clear and that is my opinion to which I am entitled too. JMO

Shinju
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1673 on: November 18, 2009, 09:23:35 AM »

we'll see.

Yes, there can also be a civil suit, even though there is or is not a criminal trial. I think we have not been able to get as much info on the family because they were enabling Alyssa. JMO

I guess I'm dumb, but I honestly have no clue what you mean by "enabling" her.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1674 on: November 18, 2009, 09:24:05 AM »

#   RT @AlexRozier: Its a possibility the decision on whether to try the 15 year old suspect as an adult may not come today. ^JLR    5 minutes ago   from CoTweet   
http://twitter.com/KOMUnews

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Shinju
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1675 on: November 18, 2009, 09:26:37 AM »

I have no real reason for being here. I was just saying what I heard. I wasn't trying to cram it down anyone's throat.

I think that if someone did help cover it up the should have the book thrown at them. This is a heinous crime, and anyone involved should get the maximum.
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1676 on: November 18, 2009, 09:28:26 AM »

There are no cell phones, but krcg has 3 reporters in the courtroom, so we'll keep you posted
8 minutes ago from web

http://twitter.com/krcg

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1677 on: November 18, 2009, 09:30:04 AM »

#   RT @AlexRozier: Its a possibility the decision on whether to try the 15 year old suspect as an adult may not come today. ^JLR    5 minutes ago   from CoTweet   
http://twitter.com/KOMUnews
Thanks, I'm sure the judge won't make a decision today.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1678 on: November 18, 2009, 09:30:35 AM »

snipped....
Court officials have planned extra security measures for Wednesday's hearing, which is open to the public. Cell phones, laptop computers, tape recorders and cameras all have been banned from the courthouse and those who attend the hearing can't re-enter the courtroom once it has started. Law officers at a security checkpoint in the court basement also will be screening more items.
http://www.kmbc.com/news/21650045/detail.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1679 on: November 18, 2009, 09:31:28 AM »

I have no real reason for being here. I was just saying what I heard. I wasn't trying to cram it down anyone's throat.

I think that if someone did help cover it up the should have the book thrown at them. This is a heinous crime, and anyone involved should get the maximum.

I think that is a pretty good start for a definition of "enabling."

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.