April 19, 2024, 04:15:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #2 10/29/09 - 11/18/09  (Read 602773 times)
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #240 on: October 31, 2009, 03:23:39 AM »

I have been a Monkey since the 3rd day Caylee was reported on National News Missing.
I have memory of many missing children in my lifetime prior to Caylee. I was a child that lived in a community that lost many children that made National headlines and I was of the same age of the missing. And lived relatively close to those children. Which I don't think I will ever get over. Was a fear branded into me that no one was to be trusted. The person was never caught to this day. Was the Case called " Oakland County Child Killer". Forever it will be unsolved. ( I believe). 
Then came others and then came in my memory was Adam Walsh. Who I remember to this day I was about 16 and his face was plastered on the cover of my home town paper - not Have you seen me? But I was found Murdered. I live in Metro Detroit not Florida.
Since I have become a Monkey so many have come up missing, found and not found alive. We have had our Glory of some who were found alive and unharmed. Which is always to be Remembered and Always to be profound. And then those who are still out there, no leads, no information and it breaks my heart. It breaks my heart even more so though for those who have been found deceased. Because once we find out the details yet not the complete truth (because the cases will be in litigation forever) We though know enough that this child suffered unmercifully, that who is named on paper was or is that person who ended this child's life. And it is exactly what it is- It is Beyond our Comprehension, Beyond our Minds, Beyond our hearts to understand, to grasp it.  It is the most deafening silence that lives in your head. When you think of these children, by face, by name who have been taken and removed from this planet we call our House.  I will never understand. Never. Its not within me. It's time for legislation to become united in the world - if an offense/Murder is against a child and your proven guilty without a reasonable doubt -  ( with all the technology and forensics avail today) You no matter what -You deserve Death Row - or Death Penalty. Either way you can sit for Ten yrs+ in Prison - Sit and Stir in a cell and find GOD as most believe they do ..  which is total BS and we all know it.
My Rant is over.
Justice for Elizabeth, Sandra, Jada and Ms Caylee.. and all the babies on SM and all who are still out there.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Jan_in_Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #241 on: October 31, 2009, 04:38:14 AM »

Hope I did this right...if not someone please correct me---I tried using help, but it didn't sink it bc I should be sleeping...hehe

Ok, this is my first post, but I have read ALL of this thread while waiting to e approved. I'm absolutely appalled by the horrific crime AB has committed. And to all of those(LE & Attny's) who are seeking a mental defense, all I have to say is OF COURSE SHE HAS MENTAL PROBLEMS, anyone who kills another human ESPECIALLY an INNOCENT CHILD so brutally has mental problems, but this is NO excuse and should NEVER be used as a defense for a lighter sentence. Ugh, it just disgusts me...I checked the MS of "Charlie Rhoades" (AB's bf) and noticed her mood shows: "hiding something Sad" This girl needs to be watched closely bc she could be the next AB....

☼ Smooth Criminal luvz alyssa 4eva♫☼
Charlie Rhodes 
   In our darkest hour, in my deepest despair,wil u stil care? Will u b there? In my trials an tripulations, through our doubts and confessions,in my violence and my pain,through my joy an sorrow. . Ill never let u part cause ur always in my hdart

Female
17 years old
Foreverland a.k.a Forks, Washington
United States

Last Login: 10/29/2009

Mood: hiding something   
View My: Pics | Videos 

THIS GIRL KNOWS SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!! And the blog...VERY scary...I have younger relatives that are into the whole "emo" thing but they are also in church AND sunday school every week and are VERY involved in school and family activities...good kids. I think the fad is popular for most teens nowadays (Not the cutting/dark stuff) I meant the way they dress, and the "screamo" music. AB was CLEARLY not your typical "emo teen"...she obviously had very dark thoughts which unfortunately turned into actions and I truly believe that if she is not locked up for the rest of her life (I PRAY TO GOD SHE IS) she WILL kill again.

I am curious about the teacher's suicide...IF it had nothing to do with this horrible crime, does anyone (locals) know anything about him?? Money/Marriage problems? Did he leave a note? The timing is too coincidental IMO...

God Bless you little Elizabeth, you are forever in our hearts...Rest in Peace little Angel an angelic monkey

I will catch up on sunday--busy busy weekend ahead...stay safe
jean75
Scared Monkey

« Reply #242 on: October 31, 2009, 07:16:15 AM »

RE: Video
When watching the video AB  isounds if she is narrating .At the end of her video is scrolling credits identifying everyone in the video she has on listed as Julia her best friend the other as  her brothers with there names and one as her sister Emma.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #243 on: October 31, 2009, 07:23:31 AM »

There have been some pretty disturbing stories I have run across in the local papers so nothing surprises me.  There is an article today about a set of parents that are facing an additional charge in Kansas City .  Man fathered 3 children with his daughter and facing 2nd degree murder in the death of one of the infants. Teo infants were found in coolers on a property where they once lived.

Probably already posted...
We have a thread on that here at SM >>
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4647.0

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #244 on: October 31, 2009, 07:43:11 AM »

http://www.komu.com/satellite/SatelliteRender/KOMU.com/ba8a4513-c0a8-2f11-0063-9bd94c70b769/a7762d71-80ce-0971-016a-3cfdf43db89b
    Reporting the Elizabeth Olten Story
Ugly news presents difficult news choices.

The recent arrest of a suspect in the murder of a nine-year-old Cole County girl raised some questions about how journalists cover stories involving juvenile suspects.

The juvenile court asked stations not to report the name and gender of the suspect until after the case's certification hearing. KOMU only reported the suspect's age, while some stations did not comply with the court's request at all.

Charles Davis is Executive Director of the National Freedom of Information Coalition. He said KOMU and several other news outlets in the Columbia area have shown great ethical restraint.

"As a newsgathering institution, you have to figure out what you're going to disclose, [and] how much you should to disclose," Davis said.

KOMU's decision not to cover the girl's gender also dismayed some viewers. One viewer named Linda was particularly upset.
"I am shocked over the last line of your article 'Olten's Funeral is Wednesday, but KOMU 8 will not cover it as to let the funeral remain private'. The family has stated that both the viewing as well as funeral are open to the public. Why would the network not be covering it when the family has made the decision to have it open the public? I am also shocked that none of the press conferences that were held by Sheriff White or anyone else for that matter has been covered live when KOMU has streaming capabilities on the web. It is pretty disheartening to be watching traffic and a church on your live cams when the death of a child is why many of us who are following it are visiting your site. Will this be changing now that the national media has picked up this story?"

Tuesday, the family's funeral director, Houser Millard, released a statement asking the media to refrain from attending both the visitation and the funeral in order to respect the family's privacy. However, the funeral home did accommodate the media with a staging ground at the girl's graveside service.

Nevertheless, KOMU News Director Stacey Woelfel said he felt the accommodations were not an invitation to the media to attend.

"The funeral home and the family expected the disruption and wanted to keep it to a minimum, so they set up the place for the media to go," Woelfel said. "But in the big picture I think these are private affairs and for the media to show up often acting not in the style that you should at a funeral is really upsetting for family and friends and there's really nothing to shoot there and it's better to just report on that without going."

If you want to comment on the coverage of the Elizabeth Olten suspect or anything else, you can click on the Your View tab. You can also call us on the Your View commentline at (573) 884-NEWS.

Posted by: John Henry

Published: Friday, October 30, 2009 at 4:59 PM
Last Updated: Friday, October 30, 2009 at 7:58 PM

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
tomsmith99
Scared Monkey

« Reply #245 on: October 31, 2009, 09:09:31 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

I am not sure where the vid was taken. I THINK a local guy told us earlier today he felt it WAS at the grandparents house. I cant seem to find the video of Elizabeths older sister, and cant see enough in the AB vid to make any comparsion(sic).
EO's sister in the Vid of the link -I have put up from the News above. Very small snippet of her, but just struck me as possible they are the same person.

I thought the girl in the pool was AB..But like I said I cant see it very well, think eithermy poor eyes are crossing or puter is very tired... Yeah for some reason I cant view videos at that particular news site!?!?! I see where the vid should be, but it only shows me a white empty square

That video was shot by AB, you can hear her voice making comments, and it was taken at the pool at the original house, buff brick, Grandparent's home. I know the fence and you can see the roof of their horse barn building above the fence. There are few houses around here, rural, that have in ground pools. The pool was purchased and installed by the previous home owner. I wounder if EO sister's name is Julia? There are a few people in that video (swimming) that are not really shown very well, I took it that one of those might be the half sister EO was visiting, or this might be before she came to live with them. Either way I am sure of the location.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 08:13:34 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
espresso
Scared Monkey

« Reply #246 on: October 31, 2009, 09:45:08 AM »

I saw this on the IS board

10-31-2009, 12:20 AM 
HDG 
Registered User   Join Date: Oct 2009

Sorry I haven’t been able to keep up with the post in the last day, so I apologize if this has already been posted

From a reliable source I was told that AB had a list of people she wanted to kill. Elizabeth was her practice run. 

Wow. Practice run? There is also talk about  the two younger boys behaviour have the same warning signs and the GP's have dismissed it. Wonder what they're thinking now?

Cops say Stephen Spina, 36, was found stabbed to death in his apartment in Mamaroneck, New York on September 17, 2007. Killer is still at large. http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=57396 
tomsmith99
Scared Monkey

« Reply #247 on: October 31, 2009, 10:11:32 AM »

I saw this on the IS board

10-31-2009, 12:20 AM 
HDG 

Sorry I haven’t been able to keep up with the post in the last day, so I apologize if this has already been posted

From a reliable source I was told that AB had a list of people she wanted to kill. Elizabeth was her practice run. 

Wow. Practice run? There is also talk about  the two younger boys behaviour have the same warning signs and the GP's have dismissed it. Wonder what they're thinking now?

Wow is right, I guess some of this information will come out if she can be tried as an adult.

Yes watching the videos of the family you can tell boys and her were close. She tells them to do things, touch the fence, moon the camera, jump, etc. etc. Those kids have to be affected mentally living with her for 10+ years, no question about it.

I guess to some this seems normal, goth/evo look, dark eyeliner, lack of respect to anyone, out of control play, etc. to me that is part of the problem, that we as a society are willing to accept this as 'normal'.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #248 on: October 31, 2009, 10:19:25 AM »

WELCOME all new monkeys    Appreciate the input of the locals. If I were looking at the videos and myspace and hearing how she dresses, I wouldn't think a thing of it. I know my youngest at that age would write and say things just for a reaction, I remember doing that as well as a teen. Obviously there were warning signs that the grandparents either saw and took seriously or just ignored them. I'm going with ignored, but I don't think they thought she was capable of what she did, imo. If she was so out of control and the grandparents did nothing, then they will have to live with their guilt and remorse till the day they die.
espresso
Scared Monkey

« Reply #249 on: October 31, 2009, 10:27:50 AM »

I think that a lot of kids nowadays are "throwaways". Meaning the parents just don't care, figuring someone else will take care of it. Parents are either abandoning their kids or becoming "buddies" with them. Kids will always push the limit, that's what they do but I believe they want and need those boundaries and if those boundaries aren't there, then they push even harder. My daughter lives for the Hot Topic clothes and all the Twilight stuff,  but her best friend is the exact opposite-more into the "preppy" look, very clean cut. My kid-straight A's, happy, loves people--her best friend-eating disorder and failing school.

Cops say Stephen Spina, 36, was found stabbed to death in his apartment in Mamaroneck, New York on September 17, 2007. Killer is still at large. http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=57396 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: October 31, 2009, 10:51:13 AM »

I think that a lot of kids nowadays are "throwaways". Meaning the parents just don't care, figuring someone else will take care of it. Parents are either abandoning their kids or becoming "buddies" with them. Kids will always push the limit, that's what they do but I believe they want and need those boundaries and if those boundaries aren't there, then they push even harder. My daughter lives for the Hot Topic clothes and all the Twilight stuff,  but her best friend is the exact opposite-more into the "preppy" look, very clean cut. My kid-straight A's, happy, loves people--her best friend-eating disorder and failing school.
I have to comment on this. My daughters are now adults, my older daughter, all her friends were clean cut and by all appearances well mannered. The youngest daughter was a whole different set of circumstances. I have had over the years kids here with my youngest daughter coming through my house with mohawks, safety pins on their clothes to the point that was the only thing holding the clothes together, one boy wore a pair of plaid pants that were so tight I have no idea how he put them on or took them off, so I just figured he lived in them 24/7. One kid looked just like Robert Smith from the Cure, torn fishnets, dyed black hair, black fingernails, etc....       My oldest daughter's one friend who I always liked, turns out she is now a meth addict and lives in her car, I will say that shocked me. So I don't put a lot of stock in clothes, music, lets shock the parents so bad type of thing, for most teens it is a phase, and I sure remember my phases as a teen, and I grew up alright and so did my youngest daugher and her friends. The suspect in my opinion is just plain evil, bad seed if you will.
espresso
Scared Monkey

« Reply #251 on: October 31, 2009, 11:12:55 AM »

I totally agree with you. LOL--if anyone saw what I looked like back in the 80's as a teenager they would be SHOCKED at what I look like now. I also don't put much stock in the clothing. I think if you really pay attention, kids will give you clues as to what's going on despite what they wear. I think every generation had their share of wierd clothing and werid music. The Beatles were even considered devil music at one point. I know it's hard-I have 3 teenagers and all 3 are as different as night and day. But if something is off with one of them, we definately get to the bottom of it right away. It's just sad that there are so many grandparents having to raise children, if it's hard for me at 40, I can only imagine how difficult it can be at 60 and up. God Bless'em cause I bet they weren't planning on having do it all over again. The GP's of AB, I don't understand their behaviour at all.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: October 31, 2009, 11:18:42 AM »

I totally agree with you. LOL--if anyone saw what I looked like back in the 80's as a teenager they would be SHOCKED at what I look like now. I also don't put much stock in the clothing. I think if you really pay attention, kids will give you clues as to what's going on despite what they wear. I think every generation had their share of wierd clothing and werid music. The Beatles were even considered devil music at one point. I know it's hard-I have 3 teenagers and all 3 are as different as night and day. But if something is off with one of them, we definately get to the bottom of it right away. It's just sad that there are so many grandparents having to raise children, if it's hard for me at 40, I can only imagine how difficult it can be at 60 and up. God Bless'em cause I bet they weren't planning on having do it all over again. The GP's of AB, I don't understand their behaviour at all.
I don't understand the grandparents either, maybe they were so overwhelmed and thought this would all go away with the suspect's behavior, or maybe she didn't show a lot of signs, I just don't know, and yes, I can't imagine having to raise grandchildren after your kids are grown. I know I'm still worn out by it all, and I certainly wouldn't have the patience and strength to do it all over again.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #253 on: October 31, 2009, 11:55:32 AM »

Good Morning.

I have read back from last night after I went to bed. I am shocked at how some people think this is acceptable conduct for MySpace, FaceBook, and other entries, and is totally normal for this age group. The language alone is apalling, whether it is lyrics from a song, or a written poem by one of the teens. The free use of foul language and the preoccupation with blood, death, killing, cutting, life after death and such is shocking beyond belief to me. The out-of-control videos and the things that are said should have sent up flares, spotlights, and major concern if a parent had only looked.

From some of the comments here, I think maybe some parents did know, and saw nothing wrong with any of it. There has always been free expression of dress during the teen years, but it is up to the parents to say when it has gone way overboard. So I can only guess the parents didn't notice, didn't care, or was too laid back to set some rules.

We have heard over and over the Alyssa was such a sweet girl. But we have seen page after page of her dark thoughts and some pictures of her that were very dark. Some parents think that huge swing is ok too. There seems to have been no control over her as to who she associated with.

For me the fact there are parents who say it is ok, scares the living he77 out of me. To say, "oh, she went through a cutting phase, but she got over it", points out real denial and a disconnect.

Also, the poster that said last night it was all the boys fault about the assault on him, he was lying to get money needs to rethink her statement. Here at SM we are advocates for children, and if the charges were dropped against this man, I'm going to side with the boy until someone proves me wrong. TOMSMITH  said he had the same trouble in Texas, and I am digging for that  too. Fifteen years is a long time to look into this, but not impossible.

Thank you all for continuing the conversation last night when I was too tired to post anymore. But I will be back at it at least part of the day. Halloween is tonight, but for the past few years, we have hardly had a youngster come through our very nice neighborhood. I doubt if we have any again this year. Another thing that has been taken away from our children, because of the darkness of the people roaming our world. I wonder how many of these thrill killers and sex deviates started just the was we have seen on these pages. JMO 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: October 31, 2009, 11:58:21 AM »

aelliott 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaMelt 
What do the grandparents do, job-wise? Does anyone know much about their daily lives, jobs, etc.

TIA

I don't know them well, but I do know that both of the grandparents are religious and that the grandmother has openly acknowledged her trouble with her daughter and that she prays for her. However, I also know they've withdrawn from the church scene since this incident and are keeping to themselves for the time being. The sad thing about all of this though, is that whether they could financially afford a counselor or not is a moot point as the church they belong to would have financed such care if they had felt it was necessary for anyone in their family. Everyone just dismissed her behavior and the behavior of her brothers (trust me the same warning signs are present there) as "kid stuff" and didn't think twice about it. The whole thing is terribly sad.

From In Sessions
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #255 on: October 31, 2009, 12:03:36 PM »

Good Night all and God Bless.  Busy day tomorrow.  Deenie my friend I am so glad you are back   an angelic monkey
You brought me back Northern. Elizabeth her Justice will be found, I am sure of it.
Sleep Well Northern (( Hug))

Weclome back Deenie...do NOT go away again!  WE all need you!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #256 on: October 31, 2009, 12:07:30 PM »

I found this link and it is a gathered clutch of all News written of EO and Somer Thompson's case is entwined.

http://newsfeedresearcher.com/data/articles_n43/elizabeth-olten-home.html

Thanks Deenie!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #257 on: October 31, 2009, 12:12:20 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys and Guest!

o/t...sorry....NRCG you have nanners please.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #258 on: October 31, 2009, 12:13:05 PM »

Good Night all and God Bless.  Busy day tomorrow.  Deenie my friend I am so glad you are back   an angelic monkey
You brought me back Northern. Elizabeth her Justice will be found, I am sure of it.
Sleep Well Northern (( Hug))

Weclome back Deenie...do NOT go away again!  WE all need you!!

Hi all! Just wanted to add my "Welcome Back" to Deenie! 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #259 on: October 31, 2009, 12:16:47 PM »

RE: Video
When watching the video AB  isounds if she is narrating .At the end of her video is scrolling credits identifying everyone in the video she has on listed as Julia her best friend the other as  her brothers with there names and one as her sister Emma.

First Post!  Welcome Jean75! We're glad you're here!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.