April 24, 2024, 06:35:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #2 10/29/09 - 11/18/09  (Read 603111 times)
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #260 on: October 31, 2009, 12:22:06 PM »

Good Morning.

I have read back from last night after I went to bed. I am shocked at how some people think this is acceptable conduct for MySpace, FaceBook, and other entries, and is totally normal for this age group. The language alone is apalling, whether it is lyrics from a song, or a written poem by one of the teens. The free use of foul language and the preoccupation with blood, death, killing, cutting, life after death and such is shocking beyond belief to me. The out-of-control videos and the things that are said should have sent up flares, spotlights, and major concern if a parent had only looked.

From some of the comments here, I think maybe some parents did know, and saw nothing wrong with any of it. There has always been free expression of dress during the teen years, but it is up to the parents to say when it has gone way overboard. So I can only guess the parents didn't notice, didn't care, or was too laid back to set some rules.

We have heard over and over the Alyssa was such a sweet girl. But we have seen page after page of her dark thoughts and some pictures of her that were very dark. Some parents think that huge swing is ok too. There seems to have been no control over her as to who she associated with.

For me the fact there are parents who say it is ok, scares the living he77 out of me. To say, "oh, she went through a cutting phase, but she got over it", points out real denial and a disconnect.

Also, the poster that said last night it was all the boys fault about the assault on him, he was lying to get money needs to rethink her statement. Here at SM we are advocates for children, and if the charges were dropped against this man, I'm going to side with the boy until someone proves me wrong. TOMSMITH  said he had the same trouble in Texas, and I am digging for that  too. Fifteen years is a long time to look into this, but not impossible.

Thank you all for continuing the conversation last night when I was too tired to post anymore. But I will be back at it at least part of the day. Halloween is tonight, but for the past few years, we have hardly had a youngster come through our very nice neighborhood. I doubt if we have any again this year. Another thing that has been taken away from our children, because of the darkness of the people roaming our world. I wonder how many of these thrill killers and sex deviates started just the was we have seen on these pages. JMO 

Fanny, I have to say that I agree with everything you said and it scares the he!! out of me too.  God gave children parents to guide them and teach them right from wrong.  I guess I shouldn't say anything more.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #261 on: October 31, 2009, 12:28:25 PM »

Welcome to our new Monks!  I have scanned the posts this morning and ill go back and read more carefully.....but the post from IS about the brother made the hair on my arms stand up!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #262 on: October 31, 2009, 12:34:18 PM »

Sorry I forgot my manners, Welcome to all the new Monkeys! There have been so many in the last week, I can't keep up.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #263 on: October 31, 2009, 12:37:32 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys and Guest!

o/t...sorry....NRCG you have nanners please.

Good Morning thank-you 
tomsmith99
Scared Monkey

« Reply #264 on: October 31, 2009, 12:42:26 PM »

Good Morning.

Also, the poster that said last night it was all the boys fault about the assault on him, he was lying to get money needs to rethink her statement. Here at SM we are advocates for children, and if the charges were dropped against this man, I'm going to side with the boy until someone proves me wrong. TOMSMITH  said he had the same trouble in Texas, and I am digging for that  too. Fifteen years is a long time to look into this, but not impossible.

Not to sidetrack this thread on Elizabeth, but related as we were talking about funeral home owner of our wonder little community here in Jefferson City. Read this and tell me if you would trust your children with this man.

Jefferson City funeral director Reid Millard was charged Tuesday afternoon with statutory sodomy, for having "deviate sexual intercourse" with a 16 year-old boy.

Millard, 46, was arrested, then released from the Cole County Jail on a $100,000 bond.

Prosecutors said the charges followed an Aug. 28 incident at Millard's Apple Creek Farm near Centertown.

The boy, who was not named in the charges, reported the incident to the Cole County Sheriff's Department that morning.

Sheriff Greg White immediately asked the Missouri Highway Patrol's Drug and Crime Control unit to investigate the boy's allegations, because Millard had supported a different candidate in last April's special Sheriff's election and because several deputies also work part-time for Millard's business.

Cole County Prosecutor Bill Tackett said Tuesday the charges were filed shortly after the patrol submitted a report on their ongoing investigation.

"For right now, we feel very confident in our charge," Tackett told reporters Tuesday afternoon. "Obviously, these are things that we don't take lightly.

"And we've analyzed this case like we would any other case, and we've charged it."

A probable cause statement by the Patrol's Sgt. D.A. Rice, released with the charges, said the victim had been working for Millard for about a month, "doing odd jobs and grocery shopping."

On Aug. 27, Millard bought "several hundred dollars worth of personal clothing" for the boy at the Columbia Mall, then took him to the auto races in Lebanon, investigators said.

When they returned to the Apple Creek Farm, the boy said, he went to bed fully clothed, in Millard's bed, but woke up the next morning with Millard rubbing the victim's body.

The victim then said Millard touched him in a sexual way.

The probable cause statement said DNA evidence found on some of Millard's clothing and bedding at the farm, during a search, supported the boy's story.

The statement said Millard acknowledged the trips to Columbia and Lebanon, but said he and the boy only watched cartoons together for about 30 minutes before Millard went to another room.

Tackett said Millard's contributions to Tackett's political races had "zero effect" on his decision to file the charge.

"If someone commits a crime, they've committed it," he explained. "I have, literally, hundreds of people who have helped me in some fashion or another.

"If you started ducking cases based on that, you'd have half of your cases gone. As long as there is no conflict of interest in my mind, or the appearance of that in the public's mind, there's not a problem."

The probable cause statement said some of the DNA evidence was "a sample from an unknown subject."

Tackett would not comment on that sentence, but noted the patrol's investigation is continuing.

He does not know whether that will lead to more charges.

posted jefferson city news tribune 2005

and then another from the Newspaper... He never denied buying the child things, taking him to the races, watching cartoons, etc.

Reid Millard's trial on a statutory sodomy charge will be held Dec. 12 in Jefferson City.

Three days were set aside for the jury trial during pre-trial discussions last week with Circuit Judge Robert L. Koffman of Sedalia, who will preside over the case.

Another pre-trial conference was set to be held in Koffman's chambers in Sedalia Nov. 14. Pending motions will be taken up then.

Cole County Prosecutor Bill Tackett said Saturday his office had urged Koffman to hold the trial in August.

But various scheduling conflicts pushed the trial date back to December.

“Judge Koffman made it extremely clear that there will be no continuances” from the December date, Tackett said.“He allowed the defense their request for time to retest evidence - specifically the DNA.”

Millard, 46, was charged last September following complaints from a 16-year-old boy that the Jefferson City businessman had improper sexual contact with the boy at Millard's Apple Creek Farm, near Centertown, on Aug. 28, 2005.

If convicted of the felony charge, Millard would have to be listed as a registered sex offender, and he could be sentenced to a term of up to seven years in prison.

At a 90-minute preliminary hearing before Senior Judge Byron Kinder on Dec. 14, the teenager - who has not been identified because he is a juvenile - testified he spent Aug. 28 with Millard, traveling to Columbia for clothes shopping and then to the auto races in Lebanon, before accepting an invitation to spend the night at the farm.

The teen said he was fully clothed when he fell asleep in Millard's bed, while Millard was in a hot tub.

But he said he woke up the next morning with Millard laying behind him, rubbing his lower back before reaching around to touch him in a sexual way.

Millard has not testified in court, but reportedly has acknowledged the trips to police, while also telling officials that he and the teen only watched cartoons together for about 30 minutes, before Millard went to another room.

Evidence entered in the preliminary hearing included a tape-recorded phone call between Millard and the teen, and DNA from a quilt and several articles of clothing.

Prosecutors charged Millard based on a Highway Patrol investigation that was made at Cole County Sheriff Greg White's request, following the teen's reporting the incident to the sheriff's office.

The state Supreme Court named Koffman, the presiding judge of the 18th Circuit in Pettis and Cooper counties, to preside over the Millard case in January.

The appointment followed the prosecutors' December request for a change of judge, after Millard's case was assigned to Cole County Circuit Judge Thomas J. Brown III.
POSTED IN JEFFERSON CITY NEWS TRIBUNE 2005/2006

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #265 on: October 31, 2009, 12:45:20 PM »

I found another forum discussion about Reid Millard and his trial. Posters there gave quite a few insights to the workings of JC area.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/jefferson-city-mo/TRFEELQKUG697VLHR

Edit: Fix typo per Fanny Mae.  MB
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 07:16:57 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #266 on: October 31, 2009, 12:50:06 PM »

Good Morning.

Not to sidetrack this thread on Elizabeth, but related as we were talking about funeral home owner of our wonder little community here in Jefferson City. Read this and tell me if you would trust your children with this man.

Jefferson City funeral director Reid Millard was charged Tuesday afternoon with statutory sodomy, for having "deviate sexual intercourse" with a 16 year-old boy.

Millard, 46, was arrested, then released from the Cole County Jail on a $100,000 bond.

Prosecutors said the charges followed an Aug. 28 incident at Millard's Apple Creek Farm near Centertown.

The boy, who was not named in the charges, reported the incident to the Cole County Sheriff's Department that morning.

Sheriff Greg White immediately asked the Missouri Highway Patrol's Drug and Crime Control unit to investigate the boy's allegations, because Millard had supported a different candidate in last April's special Sheriff's election and because several deputies also work part-time for Millard's business.

Cole County Prosecutor Bill Tackett said Tuesday the charges were filed shortly after the patrol submitted a report on their ongoing investigation.

"For right now, we feel very confident in our charge," Tackett told reporters Tuesday afternoon. "Obviously, these are things that we don't take lightly.

"And we've analyzed this case like we would any other case, and we've charged it."

A probable cause statement by the Patrol's Sgt. D.A. Rice, released with the charges, said the victim had been working for Millard for about a month, "doing odd jobs and grocery shopping."

On Aug. 27, Millard bought "several hundred dollars worth of personal clothing" for the boy at the Columbia Mall, then took him to the auto races in Lebanon, investigators said.

When they returned to the Apple Creek Farm, the boy said, he went to bed fully clothed, in Millard's bed, but woke up the next morning with Millard rubbing the victim's body.

The victim then said Millard touched him in a sexual way.

The probable cause statement said DNA evidence found on some of Millard's clothing and bedding at the farm, during a search, supported the boy's story.

The statement said Millard acknowledged the trips to Columbia and Lebanon, but said he and the boy only watched cartoons together for about 30 minutes before Millard went to another room.

Tackett said Millard's contributions to Tackett's political races had "zero effect" on his decision to file the charge.

"If someone commits a crime, they've committed it," he explained. "I have, literally, hundreds of people who have helped me in some fashion or another.

"If you started ducking cases based on that, you'd have half of your cases gone. As long as there is no conflict of interest in my mind, or the appearance of that in the public's mind, there's not a problem."

The probable cause statement said some of the DNA evidence was "a sample from an unknown subject."

Tackett would not comment on that sentence, but noted the patrol's investigation is continuing.

He does not know whether that will lead to more charges.

posted jefferson city news tribune 2005

and then another from the Newspaper... He never denied buying the child things, taking him to the races, watching cartoons, etc.

Reid Millard's trial on a statutory sodomy charge will be held Dec. 12 in Jefferson City.

Three days were set aside for the jury trial during pre-trial discussions last week with Circuit Judge Robert L. Koffman of Sedalia, who will preside over the case.

Another pre-trial conference was set to be held in Koffman's chambers in Sedalia Nov. 14. Pending motions will be taken up then.

Cole County Prosecutor Bill Tackett said Saturday his office had urged Koffman to hold the trial in August.

But various scheduling conflicts pushed the trial date back to December.

“Judge Koffman made it extremely clear that there will be no continuances” from the December date, Tackett said.“He allowed the defense their request for time to retest evidence - specifically the DNA.”

Millard, 46, was charged last September following complaints from a 16-year-old boy that the Jefferson City businessman had improper sexual contact with the boy at Millard's Apple Creek Farm, near Centertown, on Aug. 28, 2005.

If convicted of the felony charge, Millard would have to be listed as a registered sex offender, and he could be sentenced to a term of up to seven years in prison.

At a 90-minute preliminary hearing before Senior Judge Byron Kinder on Dec. 14, the teenager - who has not been identified because he is a juvenile - testified he spent Aug. 28 with Millard, traveling to Columbia for clothes shopping and then to the auto races in Lebanon, before accepting an invitation to spend the night at the farm.

The teen said he was fully clothed when he fell asleep in Millard's bed, while Millard was in a hot tub.

But he said he woke up the next morning with Millard laying behind him, rubbing his lower back before reaching around to touch him in a sexual way.

Millard has not testified in court, but reportedly has acknowledged the trips to police, while also telling officials that he and the teen only watched cartoons together for about 30 minutes, before Millard went to another room.

Evidence entered in the preliminary hearing included a tape-recorded phone call between Millard and the teen, and DNA from a quilt and several articles of clothing.

Prosecutors charged Millard based on a Highway Patrol investigation that was made at Cole County Sheriff Greg White's request, following the teen's reporting the incident to the sheriff's office.

The state Supreme Court named Koffman, the presiding judge of the 18th Circuit in Pettis and Cooper counties, to preside over the Millard case in January.

The appointment followed the prosecutors' December request for a change of judge, after Millard's case was assigned to Cole County Circuit Judge Thomas J. Brown III.
POSTED IN JEFFERSON CITY NEWS TRIBUNE 2005/2006

For some reason I thought Sheriff White was fairly new on the job. Now I see that he was Sheriff all the way back to 2005. So the Elizabeth Olten case was not a case that he should be "over his head" with. JMO

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #267 on: October 31, 2009, 12:57:57 PM »

I found another forum discussion about Reid Miller MILLARDand his trial. Posters there gave quite a few insights to the workings of JC area.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/jefferson-city-mo/TRFEELQKUG697VLHR

Self Edit

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #268 on: October 31, 2009, 01:01:03 PM »

http://www.millardfamilyracing.com/ReidMillard.html

Picture of Reid Millard.

Edit:  fix typo.  MB
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 07:17:53 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #269 on: October 31, 2009, 01:11:29 PM »

When was Apple Creek Farm bought and sold? I am finding some interesting connections to some pretty prominent people. 

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #270 on: October 31, 2009, 01:16:26 PM »

When was Apple Creek Farm bought and sold? I am finding some interesting connections to some pretty prominent people. 

Evidentally, he still owns it.

http://www.applecreekfarmmo.com/birthdaybash/

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #271 on: October 31, 2009, 01:19:07 PM »

Do any of us here know what the grandparents did or didn't do for their 15 year old grandchild? Maybe they saw stuff she was doing and did get help for her, maybe they spent many a restless night worrying about her and wondering and trying to do what was best for her? We have no idea. Maybe this girl didn't show any signs of being a killer, we don't know that either, maybe her grandparents are kind and loving and no matter what they did this girl was going to do this regardless. Sometimes even the best of parent or grandparent who have done everything right and loved their child ends up having a child who does horrific things. There isn't a parent or grandparent who hasn't made a mistake or two, or three..... I have no idea what went on in that house, except a few you-tubes, and a few statements made by the suspect, and some of the statements she really didn't make, they come from songs. She appears plain evil to me with what she did to Elizabeth.
Txsflame
Scared Monkey

UnID Murder victim

« Reply #272 on: October 31, 2009, 01:20:24 PM »

My morning questions..Yes I did finally step away for awhile and get some sleep..but I also did get tr hough all the "major" discussions sites about this case.

I have one question WHY does so many people keep saying the things on Twitter proved she was planning this. (I DO believe she was, but not from what she wrote on Twitter) It hasn't been said so much on this board, but on many others. So I am wondering is it just people talking to say something or did I miss something in the "tweets"? Yes they were "dark" and disturbing, and yes a cry for help that was ignored, but I didn't see anything that had I not known what she did, would I have thought anything other then a "dark" teen. Her friends MS is every so much MORE disturbing(in case anyone missed the fact it is truly bugging me...lol)

What I think too many people do not get is MANY MANY teens use writing to get the "dark" side out. I have yet to meet a teen esp. girl that didn't have some emotional problems at some point. Sadly these usually start earlier in a girl then a boy also. I wonder how we as a society are going to figure out HOW to tell the difference. When we see or hear things such as AB wrote, how do we know if she is getting it out, or if she is truly a psycho, or is she is just wanting attention. I ask because I have a "artsy farsty"(my nickname for him) cousin, and in his teen years he was just horrible morbid, could draw things that broke your heart, but also made you say huhmmm, he talked dark, he acted dark.. NOW he is a father of two making a living with his art, and a good one. I admittedly did worry when he was younger. My daughter who is 18 and doing much better, was never "emo" or anything she was too girly girl, pinks and pastels were her colors.. BUT she was all into sad. scary depressing music and poetry. I did have to get her counseling ans she was also in a RTC for 2 weeks, I have mentioned she was a cutter, BUT my point on her IS the dark words she wrote were her therapy. She would get it on paper, and eventually burn it..(wow was it scary until she burned it) Then you have AB, apparently she could draw(as seen on totally's MS), she was dark, and she was pyscho. I just use these 3 examples, but I could write all day about kids and teens I know, that are dark and twisty!!?!?! HOW DO WE KNOW!!!

One more subject..I am already sick and tired of AB's grandparents being called foster parents. I was raised by my grandma..and I thank GOD for it daily. Maybe the difference was I wasn't "taken" form my parents, I stayed with mema, and mom visited when her emotional state allowed it. BUT I do not believe GP's that raise their grandkids should be called foster parents. My dear mema wouldhave been fighting mad had anyone called her my foster mom, I was hers and that was it.  On this same subject though I do believe it is harder for our grandparents "generation" to see the dark and twisty in teens and know what to do. My poor sweet mema had her hands full with me and I wasn't even dark and twisty, I was a spoilt brat looking for attention. BUT I know she did not and could not handle my mothers emotional problems, and I have seen that a lot on the generations above my parents. That generation just can not fathom what young adults and kids can get into these days.

And one other thing..OT what is "nanners"??? lol (I know I will probably slap myself when u tell me, I have pretty much figured out the other terminology on here, but not that one)

TY guys and gals SOOO much for putting up with all my questions and concerns and rants. Honestly I do not know WHY this particular case grabbed me. I know I have always been intrested in true crimes, I come from a family of correctional officers, crimes and criminals are a way of life for me..(they tease I am a prison brat instead of military brat). The Caylee Anthony story made me sick, and then those in between..but this one grabbed me and wont let go!.

Perfectly Imperfect. Imperfection is the only thinig I ever perfected!!!!

Please visit http://walkercountyjanedoe1980.webs.com

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6550.new#new
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #273 on: October 31, 2009, 01:25:55 PM »

Nanners mean email. . Great post and I will get into it when I get back from the store.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
tomsmith99
Scared Monkey

« Reply #274 on: October 31, 2009, 01:36:07 PM »

Evidentally, he still owns it.

http://www.applecreekfarmmo.com/birthdaybash/

Yeah I see these ads for 'his' events all the time, I would not be surprised that he does not purchase and plan them himself. It just makes me sick that our community still supports him, turns the other cheek per say. I don't play that game, I call them as I see them, and he is a child molester....

Alot of us in this community were let down when our PA announced the below. Nothing surpises me anymore, heck 'ol AB might get out in a few months with a slap on the wrist.

Here are comments from the local paper in Jefferson City from March 2007

“I can say that I did this based on the victim signing an affidavit stating he doesn't wish to go forward with this case,” said Richardson, whose office was prepared for a three-day trial next week.

“I also made this decision based on my review of evidentiary issues involving this case.”

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #275 on: October 31, 2009, 01:38:04 PM »

I cannot for the life of me understand where posters think that being "dark" is ok during the teen years. Sad music, melancholy, blue, dragging around, emo! Yes, teen years are tumultuous, and emotions fluctuate, both with boys and girls. I had two of both, and there were times they were moody and upset about something that happpened at school, or a snub, or just because. But it wasn't a way of life.

Yes, I am older, and my grandchildren are mostly grown now too. Kids go through things, but black, dark, bloody, and hopeless should be warning signs to anyone, at any stage of life. To say it is normal is just not normal. Who buys them these clothes, these uncontrolled computers, cell phones and video recorders? Yes I think a parent/ grandparent/ caretaker should be nosey, even if their child is 15. I say, even if they still live at home a parent needs to be vigilant. They need to know who their children's friends are and what they are doing.

I don't know what the grandparents did to help Allysa. All I know is I never saw a family picture or a reference to any family function. All I saw were kids behaving badly with no adult supervision. All I know is they wouldn't voluntarily co-operate with the police. That says volumes to me.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #276 on: October 31, 2009, 01:40:48 PM »

Txsflame great post, and you are so right with what you said. What I think too many people do not get is MANY MANY teens use writing to get the "dark" side out / exactly right. Many, many people do that, and don't go and kill anyone. And many, many people listen to depressing music, and don't kill anyone. And many, many people have dark humor, and don't kill anyone.
Txsflame
Scared Monkey

UnID Murder victim

« Reply #277 on: October 31, 2009, 01:41:28 PM »

http://www.millardfamilyracing.com/ReidMillard.html

Picture of Reid Millard. Edit to correct typo.  MB

So is his last name MILLER or MILLARD??? So confused???

It's MILLARD.  Fanny Mae self-edited after her initial post, and to prevent any more confusion, I've edited to correct her typo.  MB
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 07:21:42 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Perfectly Imperfect. Imperfection is the only thinig I ever perfected!!!!

Please visit http://walkercountyjanedoe1980.webs.com

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6550.new#new
tomsmith99
Scared Monkey

« Reply #278 on: October 31, 2009, 01:44:10 PM »

For some reason I thought Sheriff White was fairly new on the job. Now I see that he was Sheriff all the way back to 2005. So the Elizabeth Olten case was not a case that he should be "over his head" with. JMO

No he got the job in a special election in 2005 after our previous sheriff, George Brooks, killed himself. Read about our top stories that year. Our wonderful funeral director Reid Millard made # 2 that year also.  

BLOCKED WEBSITE
But it really is a nice place to live...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 08:16:14 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #279 on: October 31, 2009, 01:47:32 PM »

TXSFLAME, I don't know what to call the grandparents, because I don't know what the relationship to the kids were, to tell the truth. Alyssa said in one of her posts (twitter?) she was where she didn't want to be. I don't know if that was a "teen" thing, or because of the relationship with her grandparents. I have never heard if the kids called them gramma & grandpa, or mama, and dad, or what. It is a big black hole there what the relationship was. We can only speculate.

But I can see how calling them foster parents would bother you, because you had a very different relationship with you grandmother that what it appears to be here with Alyssa. I my eyes, the avoiding and evading makes things look worse every day.

This has left a big scar in the area they have lived for a few short years. It seems to me they would have at least issued a statement about the tragedy, if nothing else. I will flip over backwards if I find out they went to DisneyWorld or on a cruise. JMO

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.