April 25, 2024, 11:15:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #2 10/29/09 - 11/18/09  (Read 603196 times)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #280 on: October 31, 2009, 01:52:10 PM »

For some reason I thought Sheriff White was fairly new on the job. Now I see that he was Sheriff all the way back to 2005. So the Elizabeth Olten case was not a case that he should be "over his head" with. JMO

No he got the job in a special election in 2005 after our previous sheriff, George Brooks, killed himself. Read about our top stories that year. Our wonderful funeral director Reid Millard made # 2 that year also.  
BLOCKED WEBSITE

But it really is a nice place to live...

I've got so many windows opened already. Do you have a link to Sheriff Brooks suicide, or was it covered like Mr Currier's?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 08:16:41 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #281 on: October 31, 2009, 01:53:26 PM »

http://www.millardfamilyracing.com/ReidMillard.html

Picture of Reid Millard.  Edit to correct typo.  MB

So is his last name MILLER or MILLARD??? So confused???

Millard. My fault. I keep writing Miller. If you open the link there is an article with his correct name. Sorry.

Fanny Mae self-edited after her initial error, and I've gone back and edited to prevent further confusion...(hopefully)  MB 
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 07:24:52 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #282 on: October 31, 2009, 01:57:29 PM »

I cannot for the life of me understand where posters think that being "dark" is ok during the teen years. Sad music, melancholy, blue, dragging around, emo! Yes, teen years are tumultuous, and emotions fluctuate, both with boys and girls. I had two of both, and there were times they were moody and upset about something that happpened at school, or a snub, or just because. But it wasn't a way of life.

Yes, I am older, and my grandchildren are mostly grown now too. Kids go through things, but black, dark, bloody, and hopeless should be warning signs to anyone, at any stage of life. To say it is normal is just not normal. Who buys them these clothes, these uncontrolled computers, cell phones and video recorders? Yes I think a parent/ grandparent/ caretaker should be nosey, even if their child is 15. I say, even if they still live at home a parent needs to be vigilant. They need to know who their children's friends are and what they are doing.

I don't know what the grandparents did to help Allysa. All I know is I never saw a family picture or a reference to any family function. All I saw were kids behaving badly with no adult supervision. All I know is they wouldn't voluntarily co-operate with the police. That says volumes to me.
But this a killer does not make. If that were true I would be a killer. I listened to depressing music all the time as a teen, I had a dark sense of humor, I enjoyed horror movies. For all the kids that do all this we sure would have a lot more killers, some killers have come from religious homes, and vigilant parents. One cannot lump all these kids into one catagory, it doesn't fit. All these people that write horror books and horror movies, I doubt very much that their heads are filled with happiness and pleasant thoughts. A lot of creative people are dark and depressed and they use that to create.
Maven
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #283 on: October 31, 2009, 01:59:49 PM »

Txsflame ~ IA with your post, I didn't see anything on her Twitter that would have stood out, if I had not known what she did, and even after, I still didn't see anything deeply disturbing there.

The myspace page you are talking about on the other hand ..... is very disturbing if it was indeed written on Dec 14, 2008, it's far more disturbing that anything AB had on her Twitter page. IMO

The youtube profile is disturbing, but if I did not know what she has done, I would think it was just an attempt to be funny, get attention, appear cool ..... whatever.

I haven't seen anything other than the youtube profile that would scream red flag! I have no idea what writings her GPs, friends or teachers have seen, there may have been some warning signs before now, but I have yet to see anything, that would scream that this girl needed help. The friends myspace page well, that's another story.

Txsflame
Scared Monkey

UnID Murder victim

« Reply #284 on: October 31, 2009, 02:02:20 PM »

TXSFLAME, I don't know what to call the grandparents, because I don't know what the relationship to the kids were, to tell the truth. Alyssa said in one of her posts (twitter?) she was where she didn't want to be. I don't know if that was a "teen" thing, or because of the relationship with her grandparents. I have never heard if the kids called them gramma & grandpa, or mama, and dad, or what. It is a big black hole there what the relationship was. We can only speculate.

But I can see how calling them foster parents would bother you, because you had a very different relationship with you grandmother that what it appears to be here with Alyssa. I my eyes, the avoiding and evading makes things look worse every day.

This has left a big scar in the area they have lived for a few short years. It seems to me they would have at least issued a statement about the tragedy, if nothing else. I will flip over backwards if I find out they went to DisneyWorld or on a cruise. JMO

Yes I was very lucky to have my mema.. In one of the twitter posts AB says "gramma is making eggs..yumm" So atleast we know what she called her. The GF was a step I believe, and again I am prejudice there, the most normal time of my life was the few years my mom was married to my (step) dad. Anywhoo.. OH also please do not think I have anything against foster parents, I think they are great people, I just believe it is a totally different dyanmic grandparents vs foster parents... But I can also see where u can be right Fanny Mae, AB had a screwed up relationhip(s)..

Perfectly Imperfect. Imperfection is the only thinig I ever perfected!!!!

Please visit http://walkercountyjanedoe1980.webs.com

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6550.new#new
tomsmith99
Scared Monkey

« Reply #285 on: October 31, 2009, 02:05:26 PM »

I've got so many windows opened already. Do you have a link to Sheriff Brooks suicide, or was it covered like Mr Currier's?

It was covered, but not really at the depth it needed to be. He took over at a time we had alot of dirty laundry in the county. Yes he was the 'new' sheriff, but he also was part of the problem serving under the old sheriff John Hehmeyer. I liked John and I think alot of towns struggle with their jails, jailers, imates, crime, etc. etc. Just to much for Mr. Brooks to cope with.

Report: Sheriff death was suicide
Thursday, February 10, 2005 | 12:00 a.m. CST
BY Associated Press

JEFFERSON CITY — A police investigation has confirmed that Cole County Sheriff George Brooks intentionally shot himself in the head with his service gun.

The Missouri State Highway Patrol released the conclusion Wednesday, about a month after Brooks’ Jan. 11 death inside the garage at his home. A special election is scheduled April 5 to choose Brooks’ replacement.

Txsflame
Scared Monkey

UnID Murder victim

« Reply #286 on: October 31, 2009, 02:06:11 PM »

Txsflame ~ IA with your post, I didn't see anything on her Twitter that would have stood out, if I had not known what she did, and even after, I still didn't see anything deeply disturbing there.

The myspace page you are talking about on the other hand ..... is very disturbing if it was indeed written on Dec 14, 2008, it's far more disturbing that anything AB had on her Twitter page. IMO

The youtube profile is disturbing, but if I did not know what she has done, I would think it was just an attempt to be funny, get attention, appear cool ..... whatever.

I haven't seen anything other than the youtube profile that would scream red flag! I have no idea what writings her GPs, friends or teachers have seen, there may have been some warning signs before now, but I have yet to see anything, that would scream that this girl needed help. The friends myspace page well, that's another story.

YEAH and ty for for making me feel not crazy on this issue!!! lol If I were LE in this case, I would be knocking on Totally's door and having a long convo with her parents!!

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #287 on: October 31, 2009, 02:07:15 PM »

I cannot for the life of me understand where posters think that being "dark" is ok during the teen years. Sad music, melancholy, blue, dragging around, emo! Yes, teen years are tumultuous, and emotions fluctuate, both with boys and girls. I had two of both, and there were times they were moody and upset about something that happpened at school, or a snub, or just because. But it wasn't a way of life.

Yes, I am older, and my grandchildren are mostly grown now too. Kids go through things, but black, dark, bloody, and hopeless should be warning signs to anyone, at any stage of life. To say it is normal is just not normal. Who buys them these clothes, these uncontrolled computers, cell phones and video recorders? Yes I think a parent/ grandparent/ caretaker should be nosey, even if their child is 15. I say, even if they still live at home a parent needs to be vigilant. They need to know who their children's friends are and what they are doing.

I don't know what the grandparents did to help Allysa. All I know is I never saw a family picture or a reference to any family function. All I saw were kids behaving badly with no adult supervision. All I know is they wouldn't voluntarily co-operate with the police. That says volumes to me.
But this a killer does not make. If that were true I would be a killer. I listened to depressing music all the time as a teen, I had a dark sense of humor, I enjoyed horror movies. For all the kids that do all this we sure would have a lot more killers, some killers have come from religious homes, and vigilant parents. One cannot lump all these kids into one catagory, it doesn't fit. All these people that write horror books and horror movies, I doubt very much that their heads are filled with happiness and pleasant thoughts. A lot of creative people are dark and depressed and they use that to create.

Do you think doing these things in your teens helped you to be a happier adult?

Maven
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #288 on: October 31, 2009, 02:11:44 PM »

I agree norose, I was very 'dark' in my teen years, heck I am still fairly 'dark' and I'm 30, I got married 8 years ago today, yep .... a Halloween wedding, it was great, me and hubby were both vampires, we played Rob Zombie and other dark music at the wedding! LOL

We still get dressed up every year, except this year hubby is out of town werkin. 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #289 on: October 31, 2009, 02:18:19 PM »

Do you think doing these things in your teens helped you to be a happier adult?
It's who I am, that is a part of me. But I certainly have known a lot of very nice teens, that wore all black, skull shirts, saftey pins, tats and piercings, that were decent kids, and well mannered, who came to my house and there was never any trouble, and the ones my daughter kept in contact with have good lives and good jobs. Dress, and music preference, and movie and book preference really don't mean a thing to me. There are many well mannered, well kept individuals lurking around that a person needs to be afraid of. But teenage angst, I don't know anybody that didn't go through that. I will say again, the suspect, imo, is plain evil.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #290 on: October 31, 2009, 02:19:29 PM »

TOM, I know you are older too, but do you know what kids and teen do, or have for recreation in the area?  I think we saw that Allysa was on the fencing team, but are there any other youth activities there in the area?

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #291 on: October 31, 2009, 02:41:24 PM »

Something happened last night I would like to share with you all. I was working at a school fundraising event and a young girl came up to the booth and she looked exactly like the photo images of Elizabeth, I mean the age, the height, the hair style and color. I literally had to take a step back and catch my breath.
What a shame Elizabeth was not out celebrating with her friends as this girl was. RIP Elizabeth
Txsflame
Scared Monkey

UnID Murder victim

« Reply #292 on: October 31, 2009, 02:49:56 PM »

New theory from my pea brain!!!!

Was just reading another site and they pointed out the fact that with EO's dads background, (specially considering he is suspect of making Jasmine disappear)and with his probable contacts still on outside.. This maybe a reason LE is keeping things hush hush. They may fear AB's family could be in danger. Thinking of DO's lifestyle, I can even imagine possible LE had AB's family go into hiding!?!?  If something were to happen to AB or her family, it would really hurt the case IMHO... Plus bring ever so much scrutany(sic) on LE in the area, which we already know they DO NOT WANT! I wonder if they have AB in protected custody, I am also sure Dale Jr has some unsavory contacts and with him only being 21, his  very probablyhas friends in juvie??

And I maybe a lil dark and twisty myself(yes am a huge Greys fan) BUT if someone did this to one of my children I would want to do horrible things to them I would think!!! Maybe not, but I think I would. I tend to be very meek and mild..UNTIL someone hurts one of my kids, then the temper I inherited form my daddy comes blowing through.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #293 on: October 31, 2009, 03:59:20 PM »

I have to agree with no rose 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #294 on: October 31, 2009, 04:14:02 PM »

For some reason I thought Sheriff White was fairly new on the job. Now I see that he was Sheriff all the way back to 2005. So the Elizabeth Olten case was not a case that he should be "over his head" with. JMO

No he got the job in a special election in 2005 after our previous sheriff, George Brooks, killed himself. Read about our top stories that year. Our wonderful funeral director Reid Millard made # 2 that year also.  
BLOCKED WEBSITE

But it really is a nice place to live...

Yes, so nice that LE and teachers are just dying to get out. Sorry, but seems there are some dark clouds over that town or just really dark secrets that are going to the grave with some.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 08:17:21 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #295 on: October 31, 2009, 04:33:04 PM »

I have to agree with no rose 
Thank-you   
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #296 on: October 31, 2009, 05:43:53 PM »

Good Afternoon Monkeys and guest!

No Rose, I have to agree with you....not all kids that dress dark or into some of the dark things are bad kids. AB could have been dressed as a preppy kid and still done this horrific crime. It is not always a reflection on parenting skills either that make a kid do bad things either. I know a few people who were raised by the most loving ,Christian parents in the world who turn out to be the biggest hellions that ever were.

And as far as news coverage on suicides, I do not think that is necessary. That is a private matter in a family and should not be plastered in the newspaper and on tv. I do not think it is anyone else's business why someone commits suicide, other than family members.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #297 on: October 31, 2009, 06:20:11 PM »

Good Afternoon Monkeys and guest!

No Rose, I have to agree with you....not all kids that dress dark or into some of the dark things are bad kids. AB could have been dressed as a preppy kid and still done this horrific crime. It is not always a reflection on parenting skills either that make a kid do bad things either. I know a few people who were raised by the most loving ,Christian parents in the world who turn out to be the biggest hellions that ever were.

And as far as news coverage on suicides, I do not think that is necessary. That is a private matter in a family and should not be plastered in the newspaper and on tv. I do not think it is anyone else's business why someone commits suicide, other than family members.
Thank-you and I agree, we had very close family friends that lost a child to suicide, they didn't want it in the obituary, and only a few people were told about what happened.
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #298 on: October 31, 2009, 06:28:23 PM »

Nothing is ever in our local papers about suicides. The only way you know about it is word of mouth.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #299 on: October 31, 2009, 06:30:51 PM »

Nothing is ever in our local papers about suicides. The only way you know about it is word of mouth.
And I think that is a good idea.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.