April 23, 2024, 02:48:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #2 10/29/09 - 11/18/09  (Read 603003 times)
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #300 on: October 31, 2009, 06:33:28 PM »

Wow it sure got quiet in here. Guess everyone is out for Halloween. God Bless the little ones who are not getting that chance this year. Poor babies.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
tomsmith99
Scared Monkey

« Reply #301 on: October 31, 2009, 06:33:47 PM »

TOM, I know you are older too, but do you know what kids and teen do, or have for recreation in the area?  I think we saw that Allysa was on the fencing team, but are there any other youth activities there in the area?

Not sure about a fencing team, that might have happened in CA, I think she also was riding horses in CA and won some awards. As far as things to do, we are in the midwest, we get all four seasons, have local YMCA, 4H, Scouting, Ice Rink, Roller Rink, Skating Area, lots of Parks and Rec activities, football, coed softball, lots of state parks for hiking and biking. Tons of things to do about 5 miles from their home in Jefferson City. Based on what I see, AB was a skilled computer user, social networker, video editor, music listener, etc.

Honestly I have driven by their houses daily for 5 years, they are not outside much at all, unless they are going to school or getting dropped off, usually without any parent or adult figures in sight. Of course my observations are limited to a few seconds, may not be fair. My guess would be they went unsupervised alot as both parents were working, I know GB works out of town leaving Sunday eve and coming back on Fridays, assuming he is still doing the IT consulting thing.

darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #302 on: October 31, 2009, 06:40:48 PM »

TOM, I know you are older too, but do you know what kids and teen do, or have for recreation in the area?  I think we saw that Allysa was on the fencing team, but are there any other youth activities there in the area?

Not sure about a fencing team, that might have happened in CA, I think she also was riding horses in CA and won some awards. As far as things to do, we are in the midwest, we get all four seasons, have local YMCA, 4H, Scouting, Ice Rink, Roller Rink, Skating Area, lots of Parks and Rec activities, football, coed softball, lots of state parks for hiking and biking. Tons of things to do about 5 miles from their home in Jefferson City. Based on what I see, AB was a skilled computer user, social networker, video editor, music listener, etc.

Honestly I have driven by their houses daily for 5 years, they are not outside much at all, unless they are going to school or getting dropped off, usually without any parent or adult figures in sight. Of course my observations are limited to a few seconds, may not be fair. My guess would be they went unsupervised alot as both parents were working, I know GB works out of town leaving Sunday eve and coming back on Fridays, assuming he is still doing the IT consulting thing.

Tom, I am not trying to pick on you or anything, but just driving by does not give an adequate idea of how much supervision the kids had. I know my grandchildren are not out much after school because they have loads of homework to do. Now in summer it is a different story. So far no information has been forthcoming on what went on in that home with the kids. Glad to have you as a local on the forum.

God Bless!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #303 on: October 31, 2009, 06:41:58 PM »

Wow it sure got quiet in here. Guess everyone is out for Halloween. God Bless the little ones who are not getting that chance this year. Poor babies.
I think a lot of people are getting ready for Halloween, just got everything for the kids ready now, and it is an awful shame how many little ones can't enjoy this evening 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #304 on: October 31, 2009, 06:54:06 PM »

Ok guys, I agree that most people don't want suicides publicized, and I didn't mean that. But we have speculated here about Mr Currier's reason, and I thought it was unusual for a Sheriff to commit suicide. I asked if TOMSMITH had any idea of the reason, that is all. I was also under the mistaken notion that Sheriff White was fairly new in the office. He cleared that up too.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #305 on: October 31, 2009, 06:59:05 PM »

Tom, I am not trying to pick on you or anything, but just driving by does not give an adequate idea of how much supervision the kids had. I know my grandchildren are not out much after school because they have loads of homework to do. Now in summer it is a different story. So far no information has been forthcoming on what went on in that home with the kids. Glad to have you as a local on the forum.

A lot of parents and grandparents or other caregivers are very often at the bus stop when the kids get off the bus. That is a very long and winding drive up to the big house. I might have expected someone would have met them, even in a vehicle, especially in bad weather. TOM said he has lived in the area for 50+ years and passes there frequently. He gave an honest opinion about how supervised they might have been.

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #306 on: October 31, 2009, 07:00:49 PM »

O/T NORTHERN ROSE, you have nanners.   

darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #307 on: October 31, 2009, 07:15:16 PM »

A lot of parents and grandparents or other caregivers are very often at the bus stop when the kids get off the bus. That is a very long and winding drive up to the big house. I might have expected someone would have met them, even in a vehicle, especially in bad weather. TOM said he has lived in the area for 50+ years and passes there frequently. He gave an honest opinion about how supervised they might have been.

Fanny I am not blasting anyone...I am entitled to my opinion just like everyone else on this forum. a 15 yr old and 2-11 or 12 yr olds are perfectly old enough to walk that short distance from the bus stop without grandma meeting them at the end of the drive. Just because she was not at the bus stop does not mean they were unsupervised is the point I am trying to get across.....Did he drive by every 5 minutes to see what was going on?

Also suicide rates are higher among police officers and medical personnel than anyone else.

God Bless!
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #308 on: October 31, 2009, 07:47:20 PM »

Fanny I am not blasting anyone...I am entitled to my opinion just like everyone else on this forum. a 15 yr old and 2-11 or 12 yr olds are perfectly old enough to walk that short distance from the bus stop without grandma meeting them at the end of the drive. Just because she was not at the bus stop does not mean they were unsupervised is the point I am trying to get across.....Did he drive by every 5 minutes to see what was going on?

Also suicide rates are higher among police officers and medical personnel than anyone else.

You are absolutely right. You are entitled to your opinion and so is TOM, and likewise so am I.

I also Googled suicide rates and job occupation. There are several interesting links. Physicians are high on the list, so your conclusion is correct about "medical personnel." However, on all of the links I looked at, police officers are pretty low on the list. Prison guards, however, are pretty high.

darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #309 on: October 31, 2009, 08:01:04 PM »

I am not going to argue statistics with you, but i do know that police officers have a high rate of suicide in our area. In the grand scheme of life I  think one suicide is to many.

God Bless!
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #310 on: October 31, 2009, 08:51:07 PM »

I am not going to argue statistics with you, but i do know that police officers have a high rate of suicide in our area. In the grand scheme of life I  think one suicide is to many.

I can't say that one suicide is not too many. I very much agree with you. It was a blanket statement you made and it may be true for your area. 

happy2009
Scared Monkey

« Reply #311 on: October 31, 2009, 09:28:33 PM »

Hello everyone.. ive been lurking here from the day Somer Thompson was found, i stumbled across the site when i googled something and Im happy I found this board. I am a stay at home mother of 4 ranging from 14 months to 17 yrs and i live in PA. Just wanted to introduce myself before giving any kind of opinions or speculations but i have been wanting to post for a couple days so im so happy that i got approval tonight!
Ok so i was thinking about the myspace of the friend of AB this one http://www.myspace.com/totallyavalleygirl   and when i see these comments and blogs etc it makes me feel as if maybe AB and this girl have talked about this before and possibly planned to do this together. The reason i feel this way is bc when i put the dates and the comments together it just could be possible.
1st this.. as if they had discussing elizabeth even though the date is wrong for her birth year they may not have realised she was born at the end of 1999
December 14, 2008 - Sunday
elizabeth 2000-. ....
Current mood:  drained 
then after this happened to elizabeth and AB was arrested she said
☼ Smooth Criminal luvz alyssa 4eva♫☼alyssa i love you...we were supposed to hang when this happened.....you are in my prayers
Mood:hiding something 
Posted at 1:52 AM Oct 27 from Mobile
To me this sounds like they were supposed to do this together when this happened. what else could she mean? i dont think it means they were supposed to hang out that day bc the girl isnt in the same area. I really think she meant they were supposed to hang when this happened. Also the mood being hiding something.. i really think she knows what the plans were and who knows what shes hiding. Of course i may be wrong but it seems to make sense to me.

I know i have read some of you mention the blog and also about the comment but i wasnt sure if the comment about them being together was read the same way as i was reading it so i figured i would put my 2 cents in.

thanks for this great board!

Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #312 on: October 31, 2009, 09:30:35 PM »

Hope it is not to big.. but Happy Halloween monkeys.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #313 on: October 31, 2009, 09:34:03 PM »

happy2009  WELCOME 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #314 on: October 31, 2009, 09:34:12 PM »

Welcome HAPPY2009!! 

I hope LE is looking at this person as far as knowing what was going on. Not so sure they will though. Some of the friends MYSPACE'S are just down right creepy.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #315 on: October 31, 2009, 09:38:16 PM »

Happy Halloween Searching, and everyone, waiting for kids to come to the door and so far none    Thinking about all these kids tonight that should be out laughing in their costumes eating tons of candy   
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #316 on: October 31, 2009, 09:39:41 PM »

I have not seen any of the suspect's friends myspaces except for the one that happy2009 was just talking about.
happy2009
Scared Monkey

« Reply #317 on: October 31, 2009, 09:40:49 PM »

Thanks for the welcome. We havent had many Trick or Treaters this year either but its raining.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #318 on: October 31, 2009, 09:44:59 PM »

Thanks for the welcome. We havent had many Trick or Treaters this year either but its raining.
It's beautiful here, just can't figure out where they are all at.  Have you seen any of the other friend's myspace pages? Just curious what is on them.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #319 on: October 31, 2009, 09:49:05 PM »

Hope it is not to big.. but Happy Halloween monkeys.

Never too big!!! Happy Halloween to you too. Have you had any trick or treaters? We've not had a single one. I hope they are having fun at parties and organized events. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.