March 28, 2024, 01:53:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #2 10/29/09 - 11/18/09  (Read 601176 times)
cherjers
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #380 on: November 01, 2009, 01:01:14 PM »

o/t -

Happy November, Everyone!

I'm feeling so good today - I finally found a job, at Kohl's.  Just in the nick of time!
     Good for you
   great
mommy2many
Scared Monkey

« Reply #381 on: November 01, 2009, 01:06:12 PM »

I hope they have seen it anyway!  AB's friend on ms is very hard to just dismiss, especially when she changes her photo captions everyday and they just keep getting worse and worse!  It almost seems like she is trying to implicate herself in all this mess!  I don't understand teenagers at all!  I have five children and it really scares me that I may have this to look forward too!  I can only hope I have instilled good moral values in them and that my children have more compassion for their fellow man!

edie

Mommy to 5 wonderful kids!
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!
espresso
Scared Monkey

« Reply #382 on: November 01, 2009, 01:11:05 PM »

Usedindustrial

04:05 PMOct 29 2009

I am from the Jefferson City area. The sad part is all these children were in the custody of the Missouri division of family services. They were placed back in the home by youth services and the department of social services. The state had custody and knew the 15 year old was suicidal and homocidal. Now they are trying to keep that quiet. The 15 year old was talken after her arrest to Fulton state hospital and locked up on an adult ward (against the law in Mo.) before being transfered to a jail. The responsibility for this is the states but you probably won't hear that. I wish I could find out how to get ahold of a good news group or Nancy Grace and drop this bombshell on them. After her arrest they removed all the other kids in the home to insure that they wouldn't get the chance to tell. My phone # is 573-257-3443 if someone knows how to get ahold of Nancy Grace or someone to get the truth out.

urn:x-aol:oid:mddn:6343c24e-c4c6-11de-a501-ab30e154f454 AVG RATING: (2)

http://news.aol.com/article/15-year-old-girl-held-in-slaying-of/734317

Oh and Txsflame, Having worked a tipline before, I can tell you that tips are taken seriously. You seem the type of person that wouldn't be able to rest unless you get the info off your chest. I think you'd feel a lot better because it seems to be weighing on you.

Cops say Stephen Spina, 36, was found stabbed to death in his apartment in Mamaroneck, New York on September 17, 2007. Killer is still at large. http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=57396 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #383 on: November 01, 2009, 01:34:03 PM »

Usedindustrial

I am from the Jefferson City area. The sad part is all these children were in the custody of the Missouri division of family services. They were placed back in the home by youth services and the department of social services. The state had custody and knew the 15 year old was suicidal and homocidal. Now they are trying to keep that quiet. The 15 year old was talken after her arrest to Fulton state hospital and locked up on an adult ward (against the law in Mo.) before being transfered to a jail. The responsibility for this is the states but you probably won't hear that. I wish I could find out how to get ahold of a good news group or Nancy Grace and drop this bombshell on them. After her arrest they removed all the other kids in the home to insure that they wouldn't get the chance to tell. My phone # is 573-257-3443 if someone knows how to get ahold of Nancy Grace or someone to get the truth out.

Oh and Txsflame, Having worked a tipline before, I can tell you that tips are taken seriously. You seem the type of person that wouldn't be able to rest unless you get the info off your chest. I think you'd feel a lot better because it seems to be weighing on you.
Thank-you and thank-you Txsflame for this info.  And why didn't the state do something about AB if they knew this? Oh, I know, not enough money, not enough manpower, and not enough people who care, same ole, same ole 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #384 on: November 01, 2009, 01:41:53 PM »

28 kids tonight which is a huge amount where we live.  Mind you it is a gorgeous night (38 degrees) and very little snow so no snow boots required or mitts and parkas.  Kids were out in force tonight and with the moon almost full it was great.  It was my turn to walk with the kids and their friends and it was such a nice night that we went further than ever before as I was thinking of all the children that should be out there enjoying this evening and are not. 

Yeah! You are very lucky living where you do. You and HIGHER HOPES are the only ones that are saying you had many trixsters.
e, I havent said a word about having trick or treaters, Ive been at work all day.....but I did see them walking down the road of my subdivision when I was coming home......so I guess there was some.....

Sorry HH, I thought it was you that said that. I haven't even read back who it was. I just saw you remark. I'm sorry again, somehow I thought it was you. Maybe old timers has really kicked in.   

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #385 on: November 01, 2009, 01:53:48 PM »

Good Afternoon Monkeys and Guest!

For any of the locals here on the forum....do you know of any parents who had kids in the daycare center that this grandma ran? Were there any problems there? Why did it close down? When did it close down?

Can you imagine the horror those parents had when they heard this after leaving their babies there around this girl?

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #386 on: November 01, 2009, 01:57:07 PM »

Usedindustrial

Thank-you and thank-you Txsflame for this info.  And why didn't the state do something about AB if they knew this? Oh, I know, not enough money, not enough manpower, and not enough people who care, same ole, same ole 

And why in he?? would the state... knowing about this girl...give the grandmother a license to run a daycare ?

God Bless!
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #387 on: November 01, 2009, 02:02:12 PM »

Usedindustrial

And why in he?? would the state... knowing about this girl...give the grandmother a license to run a daycare ?

This is the very reason I wanted to be able to talk about the Grandparents and other adults surrounding Allysa. By the time her hearing comes along Nov 18, all this information will be swept away. 

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #388 on: November 01, 2009, 02:04:07 PM »

o/t -

Happy November, Everyone!

I'm feeling so good today - I finally found a job, at Kohl's.  Just in the nick of time!

Good for you JILL. I know that is a load off your mind. 

darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #389 on: November 01, 2009, 02:05:43 PM »

Fanny there is no reason you can't go ahead and collect the info and just hang on to it before it it taken down...I already have some.

God Bless!
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #390 on: November 01, 2009, 02:06:08 PM »

WELCOME VALERIE AND MOMMY 2 MANY!!! 

shelby
Scared Monkey

(but nobody finds god and then goes to prison)

« Reply #391 on: November 01, 2009, 02:06:31 PM »

Nothing is ever in our local papers about suicides. The only way you know about it is word of mouth.
And I think that is a good idea.

I don't know if it is such a good idea. Too many lives of all ages are lost to suicide every year. Maybe if it wasn't
covered up all the time, people would realize how prevalent the problem really was. Maybe people would pay closer attention to warning signs. So many people seem to think it 'rarely' happens-it's not true.

A poster here said they read that someone wrote 'she used to be a cutter, but it was a phase...as if that was ok' or something to that effect-i did not read that the poster said that at all. Cutting is not a phase-it is a serious problem.
I think there are 2 types of cutters-the ones who really have a problem, and the ones just looking for attention. A
real cutter takes great pains to cover up what they have done because they are ashamed. They would rather die
than let anyone see it. I know this because I used to do it. Then there are other kids who blatantly cut themselves as some sort of 'banner'-they have a whole other set of problems-some I understand, others I don't.

The majority of teenagers are not 'Emo', but they stand out from the crowd and get so much attention that it just seems that way. And alot of the DO have a reason to be depressed and dark-alcoholic or abusive parents, sexual
abuse, violent home lives, addictions in the family, this girl's parents were both in prison. So were Elizabeth's.

I'm no expert on any of this. But I see the shows that were popular when my dad was a kid-like Gunsmoke, etc, they were pretty violent. I don't think that show was ever blamed for any kids going out and shooting people.

The huge difference between today and when I, and my parents were kids, that I can see is that no parents are ever home. When I was a kid everyone's mom was at home and we were all outside playing. Today I drive by
neighborhoods and there are no kids to be seen. All the kids are in daycare, both parents are working. Everyone has at least 2 cars, they go on expensive vacations-this stuff just didn't happen when I was a kid. I didn't know one family who had 2 cars to pay for! It seems like today adults are putting their values on the wrong things and children just don't come first.

I'm not saying it's wrong to have both parents working-because it certainly isn't. But if you are just out working for
material things-and plenty of people are-I just wonder if that's in the best interest of the kids.

Sorry for the rant. But a huge part of our society just doesn't seem to care about kids. My community cut tons of special-needs funds for the schools so they could put in fancy brick sidewalks downtown. I doubt mine is the only town with that mind-set.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #392 on: November 01, 2009, 02:06:58 PM »

Fanny there is no reason you can't go ahead and collect the info and just hang on to it before it it taken down...I already have some.

I know, but it is still frustrating. 

espresso
Scared Monkey

« Reply #393 on: November 01, 2009, 02:07:59 PM »

Usedindustrial

I'm actually thinking that is WHY the daycare shut down. Cause maybe the license was pulled due to what was going on with the state. Is there anyway to look that up?

Cops say Stephen Spina, 36, was found stabbed to death in his apartment in Mamaroneck, New York on September 17, 2007. Killer is still at large. http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=57396 
happy2009
Scared Monkey

« Reply #394 on: November 01, 2009, 02:12:18 PM »

espresso.. i found this info for nancy grace not sure if it will help or not but i hope so.

Nancy Grace's TV production:
Court TV
600 Third Avenue
2nd Floor
New York, NY 10016
Phone: 212-973-2800

to call her while her show is on the number is 1-877-NANCY-01

happy2009
Scared Monkey

« Reply #395 on: November 01, 2009, 02:16:13 PM »

thats really sad about that 4 yr old being murdered by that 14 yr old.. where the heck are these parents? i mean esp the 4 yr old.. i have a 4 yr old and i know where she is at ALL times heck i even know where my 17 yr old is at all times.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #396 on: November 01, 2009, 02:23:14 PM »

shelby very good post. There has been many movies, tv shows through the years that were violent, there are people that think The Three Stooges are violent, I never looked at it that way. But my point is, a good percentage of people can watch violence whether it is in a horror movie, a war movie, a cowboy and Indian movie, etc. or play a violent video game, and they go about their lives without it causing them to do any act of violence. But if someone is off mentally, a violent movie, video game, lyrics to a song can set that person off. I certainly think watching violence and playing violent video games all the time is not healthy, but I would have no idea what percentage of people that have commited violent crimes, got a very steady diet of that. And I for one do not think cutting isn't that big of a deal or a phase, whether it is done for attention or for more serious mental health issues. I think it is a terrible problem, a problem that should never go without help.
darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #397 on: November 01, 2009, 02:45:53 PM »

Don't mean to post and run, just wanted to say have a nice Sunday afternoon. I am going out for a while. Catch you guys later!

God Bless!
shelby
Scared Monkey

« Reply #398 on: November 01, 2009, 02:58:46 PM »

shelby very good post. There has been many movies, tv shows through the years that were violent, there are people that think The Three Stooges are violent, I never looked at it that way. But my point is, a good percentage of people can watch violence whether it is in a horror movie, a war movie, a cowboy and Indian movie, etc. or play a violent video game, and they go about their lives without it causing them to do any act of violence. But if someone is off mentally, a violent movie, video game, lyrics to a song can set that person off. I certainly think watching violence and playing violent video games all the time is not healthy, but I would have no idea what percentage of people that have commited violent crimes, got a very steady diet of that. And I for one do not think cutting isn't that big of a deal or a phase, whether it is done for attention or for more serious mental health issues. I think it is a terrible problem, a problem that should never go without help.

I agree, the person must be mentally ill to be so influenced-and it's scary because we can't tell who is mentally ill sometimes, and just what will be 'the last straw' for that person.
Sometimes, 'evil don't look like anything'.
But seems like in this case, it did.
shelby
Scared Monkey

« Reply #399 on: November 01, 2009, 03:06:02 PM »

Does anyone know the name of the Day care? I did a search of for them in the area, could not find anything in the
exact area where she was found though. Would it be on Loma Dr.? And owned by B?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.