April 27, 2024, 01:49:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #2 10/29/09 - 11/18/09  (Read 603558 times)
Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2009, 12:59:23 PM »

JME is someone who is busy trying to get the focus off of this case regarless what nic they are using

<snipped from yesterday>

Where are your manners? Where does it stop? You have no idea what is going on around here. I realize your keyboard gives you a certain degree of boldness; but I doubt you would be so determined to get your point across if you were face to face with the families involved. This is not a matter of our Amendments, it is the difference of right and wrong, common sense. I'm sure most people have nothing but good intentions; however some really need to move on. I can't speak for everyone, so personally -the compassion is appreciated - the suspicion of our law enforcement is NOT. They have done a great job. They have not given any reason for doubt. They deserve our appreciation for the professionalism and speedy progress of their investigation. The MINOR is in custody, what more could you ask for?http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=366962

Well as a parent, I for one would have asked for them to take my daughters disappearance a little more seriously and not to have kept going on record as saying that they didn't feel foul play was indicated.  A 9 year old with no previous record of being a run away disappears on the way home, can't be found at night, and her last cellphone ping is in the woods behind the house she lives in when she is afraid of both the dark and the woods, and there is no indication of foul play?  The local LE f'ed up from the beginning.  They acted like jack@sses with their heads in their rears and now they try to cover up for the minor intended (the afore mentioned murder my neighbor had done when he was in high schoool, they had his name in the paper within 2 days and all he was was charged) leaves plenty for us to ask for us to see that the local LE is not so bright, nor so great, and I really don't care who I offend with my comment or opinion.  I am sorry for Elizabeths family that their daughters disappearance wasn't taken more seriously and that they had to endure the emotional disconcern the LE showed when they said foul play wasn't indicated when I am positive her family knew better.  And I ask for LE to stop covering for the minor and erasing her public records and accounts, etc.  I also ask for them to stop covering up their terrible job and try to move forward having learned something (I hope) so that this situation will never happen again, and if it does they don't mess up so bad.  I am tired of innocent people dying and everyone being so selfish that they have no regard for the life that was lost, they just want to cover their own behinds.  Take that JME, I know you are still watching.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2009, 01:01:23 PM »

Northern Rose, if that rumor is true, then that would be the six year old? I am very suspicious of the coverup, but reading this morning that grandpa is a contractor of some sorts for the state that would make sense the protecting of the grandparents. And then to read they weren't being helpful and a search warrant had to be issued......

yes the youngest of the 4 and half sister.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2009, 01:04:47 PM »

Ariana, I really believe right from the beginning, that because of who Elizabeth's father and brother are, LE didn't put as much effort into the investigation. Sad and disgusting, and they put more effort in protecting the suspect and her family. Everything seemed to be backwards.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2009, 01:06:41 PM »

Northern Rose, if that rumor is true, then that would be the six year old? I am very suspicious of the coverup, but reading this morning that grandpa is a contractor of some sorts for the state that would make sense the protecting of the grandparents. And then to read they weren't being helpful and a search warrant had to be issued......

yes the youngest of the 4 and half sister.
Thanks, would she have known what to do after stumbling upon such horrible writings? Not that I think six year olds are stupid, by no means, just seems strange, I thought perhaps it was one of the brothers, which to me would make more sense 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2009, 01:07:57 PM »

I always felt LE was in way over their abilities on this one.  Friday morning presser Sherriff White stated there were no signs of foul play also stated not sure Elizabeth was even in area.  After presser he gets written not from a Juvenile that points them to AB who then takes them to the body.  Friday presser #2 announce they have found the body.  Would LE have ever found Elizabeth if the minor had not handed them the note?  Something to ponder.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2009, 01:13:58 PM »

I always felt LE was in way over their abilities on this one.  Friday morning presser Sherriff White stated there were no signs of foul play also stated not sure Elizabeth was even in area.  After presser he gets written not from a Juvenile that points them to AB who then takes them to the body.  Friday presser #2 announce they have found the body.  Would LE have ever found Elizabeth if the minor had not handed them the note?  Something to ponder.
My belief, no 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2009, 01:15:28 PM »

While we are on the topic of LE,  why is the news media not following up on the events of this:

No Amber Alert
Reportedly turned away help from a specialized LE agency
What has LE learned from this?
Are there internal reviews going on so that the next missing child case may be handled differently?

All questions local media should be asking but are not and have absolutely no bearing on AB's case but DOES have a direct impact to everyone in the county that may be in a similar situation in the future.  Day two with no response from KOMU and I had escalate my email yesterday.  I also sent a email to KRCG yesterday and have heard nothing back either.  How very interesting that News likes to ignore emails out there.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2009, 01:19:15 PM »

While we are on the topic of LE,  why is the news media not following up on the events of this:

No Amber Alert
Are there internal reviews going on so that the next missing child case may be handled differently?

All questions local media should be asking but are not and have absolutely no bearing on AB's case but DOES have a direct impact to everyone in the county that may be in a similar situation in the future.  Day two with no response from KOMU and I had escalate my email yesterday.  I also sent a email to KRCG yesterday and have heard nothing back either.  How very interesting that News likes to ignore emails out there.
This is all very strange. Do you believe like I do, that because of Elizabeth's father and brother, that all might have something to do with it? Almost like Elizabeth didn't get the proper attention because of her family, I sure hope I'm wrong.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2009, 01:20:04 PM »

Yes, and the person who was using JME as a  troll name has a connection to the state government. That is why I was asking the question about where the the Grandfather worked in JC doing IT work. That might be the connection. JMO

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2009, 01:23:16 PM »

No Amber Alert

This is all very strange. Do you believe like I do, that because of Elizabeth's father and brother, that all might have something to do with it? Almost like Elizabeth didn't get the proper attention because of her family, I sure hope I'm wrong.

IMO in the beginning of this yes.  With her last name they did not pay the attention to this that they should have, just another Olten involved with LE.  If you watch Fridays presser where White announces they found her body he looks shocked, embarrassed and not as authoritative as he did in previous pressers. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2009, 01:24:15 PM »

Yes, and the person who was using JME as a  troll name has a connection to the state government. That is why I was asking the question about where the the Grandfather worked in JC doing IT work. That might be the connection. JMO
I believe you are right
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2009, 01:25:35 PM »

No Amber Alert

IMO in the beginning of this yes.  With her last name they did not pay the attention to this that they should have, just another Olten involved with LE.  If you watch Fridays presser where White announces they found her body he looks shocked, embarrassed and not as authoritative as he did in previous pressers. 
How terrible, that says a lot doesn't it?   
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2009, 01:27:18 PM »

an angelic monkey             an angelic monkey
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2009, 01:28:25 PM »

I think it could have been that, although there seems to be no scarcity of crime for him to take care of in the area. He came to the job from being a resource officer for the school district, for one, and was probably used to covering for the school board. Ellizabeth's relatives might have had a factor in the attitude, but I think the biggest thing is who AB's Grandparents (Grandfather?) who had connections to, and that some how has made AB "special."  Whoever has political pull has sat on the local media and the LE. JMO

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2009, 01:32:41 PM »

From what others have said who are local, the media in the area is quite skilled on reporting only good things as nothing bad happens in Mayberry.  I forgot about Gpa being an IT consultant.  This could explain why KOMU and KRCG does not answer emails.  Their consultant is gone and there is no one there to fix their mail system.  DOH!
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2009, 01:35:32 PM »

Another thing I am wondering about from the locals, and I wish TomSmith99 was here, is since the grandfather was out of town all week doing consulting work, where is the nearest airport for him to fly out of? Did he have his own plane, because all I could find within a reasonable distance were very small airports. I think Columbia might have the biggest airport I could find, and that quite a little jog for a weekly trip.

espresso
Scared Monkey

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2009, 01:35:46 PM »

No Amber Alert

There isn't a shred of doubt in my mind that the Sheriff didn't take this seriously at all because it was an Olten. Period. Now he's scrambling and ducking.

I know in Florida our Amber Alert is very specific as to when it should be issued. Usually there needs to be some sort of vehicle description etc... However, being Florida is such a transient state and we have a lot of RSO's they tend to issue Amber Alerts immediately.

Cops say Stephen Spina, 36, was found stabbed to death in his apartment in Mamaroneck, New York on September 17, 2007. Killer is still at large. http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=57396 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2009, 01:44:31 PM »

No Amber Alert

1.  they think that the public will accept that the "criteria" was not met with the Amber Alert system - also they will argue that an Amber would not have helped in this case.

2.  i doubt they will admit that they turned down the FBI - all articles that I have read over the last days have not reiterated this fact, just that the FBI was there to help.

3.  nothing.  they are too busy patting each other on the backs for "finding" Elizabeth.

4.  doubt it.  They don't seem like the type of LE org that has any internal reviews.

Question for you all:  anyone notice if Sheriff White attended Elizabeth's memorial or graveside services?

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2009, 01:50:00 PM »

No Amber Alert

There isn't a shred of doubt in my mind that the Sheriff didn't take this seriously at all because it was an Olten. Period. Now he's scrambling and ducking.

I know in Florida our Amber Alert is very specific as to when it should be issued. Usually there needs to be some sort of vehicle description etc... However, being Florida is such a transient state and we have a lot of RSO's they tend to issue Amber Alerts immediately.

Truthfully, I don't think in this case an amber alert would have done anything. It is said she was being killed or dead by the time her mother called LE to begin with at 7:pm. But it is certain that LE did not take this seriously to begin with. And they really didn't, as far as I'm concerned on Thursday when they turned searchers away and the Juvenile experts to question the juveniles. The people in the area were willing to be out in that bad weather, but it was the LE that put the squash on it. IE Sheriff White. Even by Friday morning he was saying she might not even be in the area anymore, inferring to me that he thought she might have run away. And his demeanor really did change that Friday night.

Now we learn that the G'parents wouldn't allow the search without a late night signing of a search warrant, and then they have skedaddled and we can't even talk about them or say their name.. I want to know a whole lot more about them. They may be trying to protect the other children, but maybe not. There's a few skeletons in their closet too, that may or may not have something to do with this whole thing. I have a feeling that those boys, at least, know something about this, even if it is after the fact. Not only is that elementary school missing Elizabeth, but the two brothers and the 6 yr old. I wonder if they have even be interviewed by LE. Somehow I doubt it.

jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2009, 01:54:17 PM »

No Amber Alert

each state has different criteria but it absolutely CAN be stretched if the lead investigator feels it should be.  It should be in the best interests of the CHILD.  And how many Ambers have been out of Missouri lately?  Not like they were going to oversaturate, which was the excuse given.  Oh, and their experienced view that there was no abduction or foul play.  No matter that Elizabeth seemed to disappear into thin air, her father is a suspect in a missing woman case and has many enemies...

If we recall in Trenton Duckett's case (Florida, need vehicle description per criteria) there was no vehicle description.  Even the clothing was not sure - it was changed later.

Because he was not abducted, and guess what?  Cops knew that for an almost fact within 6 hours.

But they STILL issued an Amber - and if Florida isn't saturated, what state is?

Nope - White tried to downplay this entire situation, to his own detriment.  Because they way he handled this case has shown his community members (whether they want to see it or not) that CYA was his goal.

Elizabeth NEVER received complete concentration by White, imo.  Too much politics.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.