May 01, 2024, 11:10:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #2 10/29/09 - 11/18/09  (Read 604022 times)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1520 on: November 14, 2009, 12:57:31 PM »

I'm not going to even bother reading the comments over at the News Tribune.

There's always people who b*tch when donations and fundraising is undertaken for families of the missing/murdered.

I think it's petty and everyone has a choice:  donate, or do not donate.

It's just like any other charity in the world - you either get involved or you don't.  Jeez.

Re: the juggalo thing - not sure yet as there isn't much info confirmed but at this point I have to say that AB is a freaking psychopath, and that is the reason she murdered this child.
I agree, don't know what she is psychopath, sociopath, whatever. Curious for the 18th and what the psych eval may show, though we may not hear anything about that. But the judge will surely have to take that into account, at least in part before making a decision.

Maybe it's just because it's taking so long for the hearing to come, but I am feeling discouraged.

I'm really worried that this girl will never have to face an adult court - although her actions were, imo, adult actions.

Ugh.

I'm thinking the same thing, JILL. 

I dont see why she would get any special treatment!! Reguarding the case which those boys tourtured that  girl, they are being charged as adults!!  What makes this monster any different!! NOTHING!! She need to be tried for the adult crime that she committed!! When I was 15 years old I knew right from wrong, and so did she!!

I am on the branch with you. She should NOT get any special treatment. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1521 on: November 14, 2009, 01:31:20 PM »

desquire 
Registered User   Join Date: Nov 2009

It will be in Judge Beetem's courtroom in the Cole County Circuit Court, 301 East High Street, on the corner of High and Monroe in downtown Jefferson City. Juvenile Division hearings usually start at 1 and are done by 4:30, you might be able to find out when AB's certification hearing is scheduled by calling (573)-761-3641 on Wednesday.

Although there won't be much detailed evidience about AB's alleged acts in relation to the crime, the prosecutor will likely introduce testimony and evidence regarding the violent nature of the crime, any use of weapons, and any evidence of premeditation in an attempt to convince the judge that the juvenile system is inadequate to address the seriousness of the crime or to safely rehabilitate AB. The defense will try to show that AB is not competent to be tried in adult court and has mental issues that cannot be properly treated in the adult corrections system. If there is any truth to the rumors about accomplices or drug use, the defense will likely raise them. The Juvenile Office will report on its evaluation of AB and her background and mental state, which ought to provide details about her upbringing, any previous behavioral or psychological problems/treatments, any drug use, etc. So while Wednesday's hearing will not yield many answers about what happened on Oct. 21, it should provide a better picture of what happened to Eilzabeth and what type of person AB is.

I don't think the outcome of Wednesday's hearing is much in doubt. With Missouri's dual jurisdiction system there is not much incentive for any judge to keep a first degree murder case in juvenile court. The most the defense can hope for is to keep the defendent in juvenile detention until trial. If the rumors about premeditation and the post mortem mutilation have any substance, I think it's a very safe bet that AB wakes up on Thursday in an adult prison (or, at best, a Fulton State Hospital criminal ward) where she will stay until trial in an adult Criminal Division court. 
 (From WS, it sounds like this person is a local, but no verification that she/he is)
TammyW
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1522 on: November 14, 2009, 01:57:32 PM »

desquire 

It will be in Judge Beetem's courtroom in the Cole County Circuit Court, 301 East High Street, on the corner of High and Monroe in downtown Jefferson City. Juvenile Division hearings usually start at 1 and are done by 4:30, you might be able to find out when AB's certification hearing is scheduled by calling (573)-761-3641 on Wednesday.

Although there won't be much detailed evidience about AB's alleged acts in relation to the crime, the prosecutor will likely introduce testimony and evidence regarding the violent nature of the crime, any use of weapons, and any evidence of premeditation in an attempt to convince the judge that the juvenile system is inadequate to address the seriousness of the crime or to safely rehabilitate AB. The defense will try to show that AB is not competent to be tried in adult court and has mental issues that cannot be properly treated in the adult corrections system. If there is any truth to the rumors about accomplices or drug use, the defense will likely raise them. The Juvenile Office will report on its evaluation of AB and her background and mental state, which ought to provide details about her upbringing, any previous behavioral or psychological problems/treatments, any drug use, etc. So while Wednesday's hearing will not yield many answers about what happened on Oct. 21, it should provide a better picture of what happened to Eilzabeth and what type of person AB is.

I don't think the outcome of Wednesday's hearing is much in doubt. With Missouri's dual jurisdiction system there is not much incentive for any judge to keep a first degree murder case in juvenile court. The most the defense can hope for is to keep the defendent in juvenile detention until trial. If the rumors about premeditation and the post mortem mutilation have any substance, I think it's a very safe bet that AB wakes up on Thursday in an adult prison (or, at best, a Fulton State Hospital criminal ward) where she will stay until trial in an adult Criminal Division court. 
 (From WS, it sounds like this person is a local, but no verification that she/he is)

I heard the hearing is at 9am. 

Can we do pm's on this site???  If we can would someone pm me

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1523 on: November 14, 2009, 02:05:09 PM »

There are no pm's here, do you know anything about this Judge Beetem, his record?
TammyW
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1524 on: November 14, 2009, 02:17:30 PM »

There are no pm's here, do you know anything about this Judge Beetem, his record?

Not really.  I try to stay out of the politics in this town.  I will try and post tomorrow night after the benefit. 

I will say that I want justice for Elizabeth. 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1525 on: November 14, 2009, 02:40:20 PM »

Not really.  I try to stay out of the politics in this town.  I will try and post tomorrow night after the benefit. 

I will say that I want justice for Elizabeth. 
Thank-you
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1526 on: November 14, 2009, 03:30:23 PM »

desquire 

wow.  sounds like a local lawyer...jeez, pretty bad when the local lawyers have to come talk to us because it's so hush-hush there in town!!  haha!!!!

I wonder if desquire thinks that AB will be present in the courtroom at this hearing, or will at least appear via vidcam?

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1527 on: November 14, 2009, 06:52:24 PM »

I have looked up Judge Jon Beetem on google, and have found some interesting decisions he has made.

If anyone is interested in how he was elected to office in 2006, this is any interesting article.

http://www.judicialaccountability.org/articles/judgedefeatedbyactivist.htm

National Dollars Find, Defeat Circuit Judge
What Happened in Cole County to Tom Brown
Represents a Growing Trend Across the U.S.

By Tim Hoover
Kansas City Star
December 5,. 2006

JEFFERSON CITY - If you’re irritated by a local judge’s decision on an issue dear to your heart, a national group opposed to "judicial activism" has a blueprint to ease your angst.

Just bankroll a campaign against that judge or a fellow jurist right before voters cast their ballots. The target doesn’t have a chance to rebut the allegations before the election, and bingo, the judge is bounced from the bench.

That’s exactly what happened last month to Cole County Circuit Judge Tom Brown.

Brown, a Democrat seeking his third six-year term, lost to a Republican challenger Nov. 7 after a media blitz against him right before the election.

A mysterious group called Citizens for Judicial Reform paid for the negative ad campaign.

Its only financial contribution, according to Missouri Ethics Commission reports, was $175,000 from Americans for Limited Government less than two weeks before the election. The Chicago-based limited government group "aims to make our nation’s judges accountable to both the rule of law and to the citizens whose rights they are sworn to uphold," its Web site says. "Recent years have shown a flurry of power plays by unaccountable, activist judges."

Justice at Stake, a Washington-based group that defends judicial independence, said the Brown race was a new twist in an ongoing assault on judges.

"Most of this sort of politics and big money from interest groups has been in the world of state Supreme Courts," said Jesse Rutledge, a group spokesman. "It’s not common to see the interest groups pour this type of money into a local race."

Cole County, home to Jefferson City, became the target of the campaign because it is the first stop for most cases involving state government or a challenge to state law. Decisions by Cole County judges on the constitutionality of state laws go directly to the Missouri Supreme Court.

Following the issues

To understand why Brown became a target, it helps to know the interests of Howard Rich, listed as chairman of Americans for Limited Government.

Rich, a New York real estate investor, has backed term limits for lawmakers and judges, limits on the government’s taking of private property, and state spending lids.

His group this year backed a ballot measure in Montana that would have allowed the recall of judges for any reason. The measure was pulled from the ballot after courts found pervasive fraud by signature gatherers.

In Colorado, the group backed term limits on judges. Voters defeated the measure, which would have applied retroactively, thereby unseating five of seven Supreme Court judges and seven of 19 appeals court judges.

In Missouri, a Rich-backed group called Missourians in Charge earlier this year spent more than $2 million trying to place measures on the ballot that would have limited state spending and the taking of private property for public use. Cole County Circuit Judge Richard Callahan upheld the secretary of state’s decision to bar the issues from the November ballot because of mistakes in the initiative petitions.

Callahan, a Democrat not up for re-election this year, saw the campaign against Brown as a message to all Cole County judges.

"It appears to be retaliation for some of the decisions regarding the proposed ballot issues," Callahan said.

Senior Judge Byron Kinder said he’d never seen a judge’s race so expensive or nasty.

"This is a scalp they can wave around in people’s faces and say, ‘See? If you don’t get in line, this is what’s going to happen to you,’ " Kinder said.

Brown’s Republican challenger, Jon Beetem, has said publicly that he didn’t have anything to do with the negative campaign. He was not available for comment. Rich did not return telephone calls or e-mails. Rachel Maxam, a spokeswoman for Americans for Limited Government, refused to comment.

As a federally registered tax-exempt organization, the group is not required by Missouri law to identify its donors.

Mike Clark of Jefferson City, listed as treasurer for Citizens for Judicial Reform, said little about his committee, formed Oct. 6.

"I was just asked to be the treasurer," said Clark, a Department of Mental Health employee. "I was asked by a friend here in town. I cannot discuss it."

‘Activist decisions’

The campaign against Brown involved TV and radio ads, as well as direct mail pieces. Some of the mail referred to Brown’s "activist decisions," and Brown said the literature grossly misrepresented his rulings.

One mailing said: "If you’re lucky enough this Christmas, you may get invited to one of Judge Tom Brown’s lavish Christmas parties. Food, drink, even presents for each guest, all at taxpayer expense."

Brown in 2004 asked Cole County commissioners to approve $600 in court funds for a courthouse employee Christmas party at his home to boost morale. Commissioners denied his request. But the mailer, with its illustration of a bow-tied man holding a tray full of drinks, left the impression Brown had been holding elegant soirees at taxpayer expense.

Brown, who raised $57,000 for his re-election, said so much opposition money pouring in during the final days of the campaign made it impossible to respond to the allegations. He lost 53 percent to 47 percent after winning his two previous terms with at least 59 percent of the vote.

"There’s no other explanation for how this vote turned out except this last-minute campaign," Brown said.The opposition group deliberately filed campaign reports as late as possible to hide the campaign that was under way, he said.

Citizens for Judicial Reform filed a spending report with the Missouri Ethics Commission at 10 p.m. on Election Day that showed it paid Axiom Strategies, a Republican political consulting firm in Kansas City, $173,195 on Nov. 7. Missouri law requires that reports be filed within 48 hours of incurring expenses.

Jeff Roe, who leads the firm, declined to discuss who paid him to work on the campaign against Brown.

However, public comments Roe made in Kansas City on Nov. 13 shed light on the Brown race.

The recorded comments came while Roe sat on a panel sponsored by legal and business groups on the independence of the judiciary.

"There are large groups around the county that are in place to defeat judges," Roe said.

Roe said those groups know that spending a significant amount of money in a local judge’s race is more cost-effective than spending perhaps $250,000 or more to oppose the retention of a statewide judge.

"If you place large sums of money quickly in a judicial race, you have the immediate impact," Roe said.

At one point, he was asked about the Brown race.

"They (interest groups) want to influence public policy, and they see, maybe, risk with a certain judge," he said. "I think some of these groups just want a scalp."

Rachel Caufield, a researcher at the American Judicature Society, based at Drake University in Iowa, said the "attacks are not based on … whether the judges are following the law. They’re based entirely on ideological goals or political goals."

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

bigmoney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1528 on: November 14, 2009, 07:25:24 PM »

KMIZ channel 17 just did a report abot the EO fundraiser in Jefferson City tomorrow. 
bigmoney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1529 on: November 14, 2009, 07:26:15 PM »

Does anyone have any pictures of AB that they would like to share with me? Thanks
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1530 on: November 14, 2009, 07:33:26 PM »

Does anyone have any pictures of AB that they would like to share with me? Thanks

I see you question. I just came back on the thread. Hang on a minute.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1531 on: November 14, 2009, 07:34:37 PM »

KMIZ channel 17 just did a report abot the EO fundraiser in Jefferson City tomorrow. 

Good! TAMMY W said they were supposed to. 

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1532 on: November 14, 2009, 07:37:32 PM »

I see you question. I just came back on the thread. Hang on a minute.

http://www.myspace.com/ramen_noodles_w00t

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1533 on: November 14, 2009, 07:45:15 PM »

This part of the AB thread might be interesting to you.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6379.0

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1534 on: November 15, 2009, 03:27:03 AM »

The last thing I can say about Judge Beetem is I found his contributors to his campaign. I have been have a good time going through them and what they might mean. I have them screen shot, so even if the go away, I have them.

I got side tracked By Shaniya's thread tonight. Some new things have come up. So I have to continued my searches but I will continue tomorrow. I have already found a couple of really interesting things.

Jefferson City doesn't want the attention. By being so close up, they have only caused more.
Elizabeth Olten IS the "special girl, and this particular girl, not the perp.  an angelic monkey

Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1535 on: November 15, 2009, 11:57:11 AM »

JMO but I think anyone who takes a life has mental issues. Now I am not talking about war or self defense, just flat out murder. Close to where I live they had a serial rapist. After being caught they found that he had 17 personalities so they sent him to the hospital for a few years and let him go. He traumatized these women and now they have to pass him on the street. What happened to jails for the criminally insane? Let the walk around in there killing and raping each other. Keep them off our streets.

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1536 on: November 15, 2009, 06:07:14 PM »

Hello HITCH. 

espresso
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1537 on: November 15, 2009, 07:38:36 PM »

If any locals went to the benefit today for Elizabeth's family-can you post and tell us how it went? I've been keeping good thoughts that everything went well and you all were able to raise some money to help out the family. Anyway, would love to hear the details!

Cops say Stephen Spina, 36, was found stabbed to death in his apartment in Mamaroneck, New York on September 17, 2007. Killer is still at large. http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=57396 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1538 on: November 15, 2009, 08:04:52 PM »

If any locals went to the benefit today for Elizabeth's family-can you post and tell us how it went? I've been keeping good thoughts that everything went well and you all were able to raise some money to help out the family. Anyway, would love to hear the details!
Me too, I've been waiting to see how it all went.
bigmoney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1539 on: November 15, 2009, 08:39:28 PM »

me three
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.