March 29, 2024, 12:06:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #2 10/29/09 - 11/18/09  (Read 601214 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1920 on: November 18, 2009, 12:38:46 PM »

More details released in murder case

In Cole County Circuit Wednesday, many more details were released about the 15-year-old girl accused of killing 9-year-old Elizabeth Olten in October. Among them, that Alyssa Bustamante dug two graves in St. Martins about five days before Elizabeth was found dead. Alyssa also attempted suicide by using her fingernails while in state custody. Lawyers for Alyssa also told court officials he worried for his client's safety inside the Cole County Jail.

http://www.abc17news.com/news/story.php?id=15497

Awww. Really?   

She has LawyerS in the plural.  Who was worried about Elizabeth's safety while Alyssa dug two graves on Oct 16 and told Sgt. Rice that she PLANNED to kill Elizabeth?  What did Elizabeth go through before she died and was buried?

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1921 on: November 18, 2009, 12:39:55 PM »

i have a very, very hard time believeing that this 15 year old did not exhibit any warning signs to her family....

she seems extremely hard core...

That is why I am chomping at the bits to be able to post family background......

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1922 on: November 18, 2009, 12:39:57 PM »

a Twitter 5 minutes ago:

addegan: Sources tell KRCG a grand jury has convened to decide on whether to indict 15 year old Alyssa Bustamante on 1st degree murder.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1923 on: November 18, 2009, 12:40:52 PM »

15-year-old Missouri girl to be tried as adult in slaying of 9-year-old neighbor

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) — A Missouri judge has ordered a 15-year-old girl to stand trial as an adult for the slaying of a 9-year-old neighbor, whose disappearance last month touched off a two-day search.

Cole County Circuit Judge Jon Beetem ruled Wednesday that the slaying of Elizabeth Olton was vicious and the state had no adequate facilities or services to treat the teenage suspect if she were to remain in the juvenile court system.

The teen was immediately arrested on an adult charge of first-degree murder.

Authorities have not publicly identified the suspect, and her juvenile defense attorney identified her in court Wednesday only as Alyssa.

Authorities have said the suspect knew Elizabeth and was from the same area west of Jefferson City.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-us-missouri-girl-slain,0,3018556.story

Sorry I haven't been to this thread in a while. I wanted to drop by to see what is going on. The Prelim trial is today? She will be tried as an adult? That is good. What a sad story all around. This girl is young to be such a vicious killer. Makes you wonder what happened in her life to cause this or what else she may have done prior to this.
I read there were two graves dug? Who was the 2nd grave for? Has that been said>

No, only speculation.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1924 on: November 18, 2009, 12:41:03 PM »

15-year-old Missouri girl to be tried as adult in slaying of 9-year-old neighbor

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) — A Missouri judge has ordered a 15-year-old girl to stand trial as an adult for the slaying of a 9-year-old neighbor, whose disappearance last month touched off a two-day search.

Cole County Circuit Judge Jon Beetem ruled Wednesday that the slaying of Elizabeth Olton was vicious and the state had no adequate facilities or services to treat the teenage suspect if she were to remain in the juvenile court system.

Authorities have not publicly identified the suspect, and her juvenile defense attorney identified her in court Wednesday only as Alyssa.

Authorities have said the suspect knew Elizabeth and was from the same area west of Jefferson City.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-us-missouri-girl-slain,0,3018556.story

Sorry I haven't been to this thread in a while. I wanted to drop by to see what is going on. The Prelim trial is today? She will be tried as an adult? That is good. What a sad story all around. This girl is young to be such a vicious killer. Makes you wonder what happened in her life to cause this or what else she may have done prior to this.
I read there were two graves dug? Who was the 2nd grave for? Has that been said>

Nice to see you TracyGirl, No one has confirmed who the second grave was for.... scary tho, this young child with such troubles, two graves, jeesh makes you wonder if she was a serial killer in the making! 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1925 on: November 18, 2009, 12:41:34 PM »

Has anyone read or heard if the grandparents were at the court house (alyssa's)

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 09:48:11 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
espresso
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1926 on: November 18, 2009, 12:41:37 PM »

There's also word flying around the internet that the Grandmother is testifying at the Grand Jury hearing being held now.

Cops say Stephen Spina, 36, was found stabbed to death in his apartment in Mamaroneck, New York on September 17, 2007. Killer is still at large. http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=57396 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1927 on: November 18, 2009, 12:42:11 PM »

steph572 
Registered User   Join Date: Aug 2008

Per Jodibug: Kurt Valentine, AB's attorney, called no witnesses, although given the opportunity. Jodibug is wondering whether or not AB's family was given the opportunity. Another thing that was revealed today was that AB's grandmother was present when AB confessed.

WS poster
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1928 on: November 18, 2009, 12:42:51 PM »

There's also word flying around the internet that the Grandmother is testifying at the Grand Jury hearing being held now.
That seems to be the buzz.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1929 on: November 18, 2009, 12:43:19 PM »

It was reported that at the 1:00 adult hearing we may hear the details about the two graves.
nana0567
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1930 on: November 18, 2009, 12:45:16 PM »

i have a very, very hard time believeing that this 15 year old did not exhibit any warning signs to her family....

I agree with you Jill...I wondered the exact same thing.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1931 on: November 18, 2009, 12:45:45 PM »

steph572 
Registered User   Join Date: Aug 2008

Per Jodibug: Kurt Valentine, AB's attorney, called no witnesses, although given the opportunity. Jodibug is wondering whether or not AB's family was given the opportunity. Another thing that was revealed today was that AB's grandmother was present when AB confessed.

WS poster

Wow.  Thanks!  So grandma has knowledge that this is true directly from Alyssa.  I really REALLY hope that the twins and EA have been and will continue to receive counseling as they are going to need help.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1932 on: November 18, 2009, 12:47:21 PM »

News Tribune now has her Sing Snap image up as well. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1933 on: November 18, 2009, 12:49:08 PM »

<snipped>

COLE COUNTY - 15-year-old Alyssa Bustamante's court proceedings moved into adult court Wednesday.

The 15-year-old suspect is accused of killing 9-year-old Elizabeth Olten in October.

Sgt. David Rice of the Missouri Highway Patrol was the chief investigator on the case, and interviewed Bustamante on October 23, two days after Olten was reported missing.  Bustamante, a guardian, and a juvenile officer were all present.
Sgt. Rice testified that when asked Bustamante why she allegedly killed Olten, she replied that she "wanted to know what it felt like."

About 30 members of the community were in the court room for the emotional hearing.  Prosecutor Samantha Green fought back tears, as did Olten's family, as she said pleaded for the judge to try Bustamante as an adult due both to the severity and visciousness of the crime.

http://www.komu.com/satellite/SatelliteRender/KOMU.com/ba8a4513-c0a8-2f11-0063-9bd94c70b769/07ae129e-80ce-0971-0113-e864f8522814
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1934 on: November 18, 2009, 12:49:44 PM »

I have to agree,

My great gma lives with my parents, and teen sister, my gma thinks my sister is crazy because she doesnt vacuum for long enough, or doesnt know the dishwasher needs unloaded when the door is open, and thinks shes like weird or troubled b/c she hangs out in her room alot....

So older ppl pick up on things and think something is wrong b/c things were diff in their day.. they would have known, and she had troubles before, was in therapy and all that so they had to have known.

Maybe not that she was a killer but that she was whacko and needed major help/locked up...

Hope that all made sense 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1935 on: November 18, 2009, 01:00:12 PM »

Bustamante arraignment scheduled for 1 p.m

COLE COUNTY, MO. -- After a Cole County judge certified the 15-year-old suspected of murdering 9-year-old Elizabeth Olten, the courts scheduled an adult arraignment for 1 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 18.

Alyssa Bustamante was immediately arrested on an adult charge of first-degree murder following the judge's ruling.

Sources said that a grand jury has convened to decide on whether to indict Alyssa Bustamante on first degree murder.

The arraignment is expected to be short as the charges are formally read by the grand jury to Bustamante. Bustamante will then be asked how she pleas.
http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=378975
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1936 on: November 18, 2009, 01:02:52 PM »

I have to agree,

My great gma lives with my parents, and teen sister, my gma thinks my sister is crazy because she doesnt vacuum for long enough, or doesnt know the dishwasher needs unloaded when the door is open, and thinks shes like weird or troubled b/c she hangs out in her room alot....

So older ppl pick up on things and think something is wrong b/c things were diff in their day.. they would have known, and she had troubles before, was in therapy and all that so they had to have known.

Maybe not that she was a killer but that she was whacko and needed major help/locked up...

Hope that all made sense 

Grandma had issues with her own daughter - the mother of Alyssa.  You would think she would be familiar with warning signs?
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1937 on: November 18, 2009, 01:03:04 PM »

oh, and also that an investigator confirmed that Alyssa led them to the grave stated she did it "to see what it felt like" and cooperated fully.  He confirmed the 2 graves that were dug but was stopped when he began to state who the other grave was for.  It was said that info will come out at the hearing this afternoon.  Alyssa has apparently attempted suicide since being in Prengers these past couple of weeks, by attempting to cut her wrists with her own fingernails.  (all per member over at WS who attended the hearing)
her little sister?  God, how cold...
How do you know the other grave was for her little sister??  Believe me.... I have the utmost disgust for this girl but there is an awful lot of assuming going on in this forum.

????

sorry, I was speculating and didn't word it right.

bananas - I apologize.  But I have to disagree about the assuming here - when what this girl is purported to have done is way worse than any speculation I've seen...

imo, of course.
See I already messed up this post.... yikes!

bananas wrote:

We are all appalled at what she has done..... but if it is speculation, isn't it in the best interest of this investigation to say so... and only state real facts as fact?  Apology accepted.... and I am sure I will make plenty of errors in the way I say things too.  Perhaps we will find out who the other grave was for this afternoon.

---------------------------------------

thank you - as soon as I hit "post" I realized that I worded it wrong.  I should have gone right back and fixed it.

thanks for calling me on it - you are absolutely correct.

an angelic monkey

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1938 on: November 18, 2009, 01:05:10 PM »

an angelic monkey

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
espresso
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1939 on: November 18, 2009, 01:05:27 PM »

I have to agree,

Hope that all made sense 

Grandma had issues with her own daughter - the mother of Alyssa.  You would think she would be familiar with warning signs?

You would think so right? You know, I think grandma dropped the ball  more than just with Alyssa. Seems like she was on another planet and there are still more kids in that house.

Cops say Stephen Spina, 36, was found stabbed to death in his apartment in Mamaroneck, New York on September 17, 2007. Killer is still at large. http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=57396 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.