March 28, 2024, 05:13:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #3 4/26/2010 -  (Read 112156 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #140 on: May 23, 2013, 08:46:24 AM »

Dear Lord...
Hasn't this poor woman suffered enough?
for real . . . it's awful.  I don't know how she keeps from going insane!

Nuna
Scared Monkey

« Reply #141 on: January 03, 2015, 09:49:39 AM »

Just a small update:
My husband was on a job this week that was in this neighborhood. They passed the Harrell house. It's been vandalized and all boarded up. I don't understand why it hasn't been torn/burned down by now. I was shocked to hear it's still standing.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #142 on: January 06, 2015, 03:54:55 AM »

Interesting...   

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nuna
Scared Monkey

« Reply #143 on: January 06, 2015, 11:16:01 AM »

I don't understand, usually these places of crime are demolished. On one hand, this nasty scum already admitted to crimes he has not yet been connected with as part of his guilty plea. So why is it still there? On the the other hand, I wonder what evidence might still be there that was left after this disgusting monster was removed from our population? Maybe to provide closure for other children's families? God, I hope no one else suffered this fool. But if they did? I hope they get the closure they need.( I won't type what name I prefer to use for this monster.)

I'm sorry. This is emotional for me. I used to be married to the family the news scewered before this monster was found out. I have three sons and many nieces and nephews. A couple brothers(and sisters) in law, too  It's not fair. They didnt ask for this kind of attention. But they got it. And this monster got what? He gets food and water and shelter.

We get the shame. And a suicide.  And no connection at all except fixing a house up, in the neighborhood at the time.  Like normal business.  How fair is that?
Nuna
Scared Monkey

« Reply #144 on: February 11, 2015, 04:02:10 AM »

It's happening today...

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/news/local/home-where-somer-thompson-was-killed-will-be-burne/nj8Pz/
Nuna
Scared Monkey

« Reply #145 on: February 11, 2015, 04:04:14 AM »

Oops, I got excited. It's tomorrow but, still.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #146 on: February 11, 2015, 08:36:50 AM »

Thanks Nuna!

Posted: 10:59 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 10, 2015

Home where Somer Thompson was killed will be burned in fire training exercise

By Cole Heath

ORANGE PARK, Fla. —

On Thursday, the former home of local child murderer Jarred Harrell will be burned.

Harrell is serving a life sentence for abducting, violating and killing 7-year-old Somer Thompson in 2009.

The Orange Park Fire Department will burn that former crime scene as part of a training exercise. Action News spoke to Somer’s mother Diena Thompson about the planned burn of the home.

“Today I am struggling with words because there are so many emotions, gut wrenching sickening emotions,” Diena Thompson said.

The bricks and boarded up windows at 1152 Gano Avenue build a house of horrific memories for Diena Thompson.

Action News: “What’s it like when you drive by that house?”

“I did everything I could to avoid that place. It’s evil,” she said.

Nuna
Scared Monkey

« Reply #147 on: February 11, 2015, 09:02:30 AM »

You're welcome! This article has a few more details on the training and a video interview with Diena at the property. I'm so excited for her and the neighborhood. This has got to bring some relief to the community.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/firefighters-to-burn-down-convicted-killers-home/31199408
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #148 on: February 11, 2015, 11:00:51 PM »

You're welcome! This article has a few more details on the training and a video interview with Diena at the property. I'm so excited for her and the neighborhood. This has got to bring some relief to the community.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/firefighters-to-burn-down-convicted-killers-home/31199408

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #149 on: February 12, 2015, 02:57:49 PM »

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/us/article/Firefighters-burn-down-Florida-home-where-girl-6077858.php
Firefighters burn down Florida home where girl was killed
February 12, 2015

ORANGE PARK, Fla. (AP) — Firefighters have burned down a northeast Florida home where 7-year-old Somer Thompson was killed in 2009.

The Orange Park Fire Department and other agencies destroyed the home Thursday in a training exercise as the girl's mother looked on.

Somer Thompson was killed after being lured inside the home and sexually assaulted by Jarred Harrell, who has since pleaded guilty to murder, kidnapping, sexual battery and other charges and was sentenced to life in prison. His guilty pleas spared him from a possible death sentence.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nuna
Scared Monkey

« Reply #150 on: February 13, 2015, 05:32:44 PM »

He actually got sentenced with a few life sentences. And something like 181 years on top of that. He plead guilty to all they had on him and guilty to future charges, too. Just so he wouldn't be given a death sentence. Cowardly scum. He made life hard for children by knowingly hurting them.  He brought hell to many. He took this child's breath from her. 500 life sentences are not enough. It is a start, though.

Sorry. I get a little emotional sometimes.  an angelic monkey 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #151 on: February 13, 2015, 07:58:44 PM »

He actually got sentenced with a few life sentences. And something like 181 years on top of that. He plead guilty to all they had on him and guilty to future charges, too. Just so he wouldn't be given a death sentence. Cowardly scum. He made life hard for children by knowingly hurting them.  He brought hell to many. He took this child's breath from her. 500 life sentences are not enough. It is a start, though.

an angelic monkey   an angelic monkey

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #152 on: March 06, 2015, 08:15:22 AM »

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Monkey Devil!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #153 on: April 02, 2015, 11:13:51 AM »

Nuna
Scared Monkey

« Reply #154 on: May 09, 2015, 12:24:53 PM »

http://www.news4jax.com/news/site-of-7yearolds-murder-to-become-community-garden/31818784

Another update: The community garden should be opening today!   
Nuna
Scared Monkey

« Reply #155 on: May 09, 2015, 12:30:13 PM »

http://www.news4jax.com/news/site-of-7yearolds-murder-to-become-community-garden/31818784

Another update: The community garden should be opening today!   

Sorry, the site had today's story linked to an older item. Here's the updated link:
http://www.news4jax.com/news/site-of-7yearolds-murder-to-become-community-garden/32909218
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #156 on: May 25, 2015, 08:53:37 AM »

flower    flower    flower    flower    flower    flower

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #157 on: October 19, 2015, 07:34:23 AM »

an angelic monkey

http://www.news4jax.com/news/community-gathers-to-remember-somer-thompson/35913384

Community gathers to remember Somer Thompson
7-year-old girl sexually assaulted, murdered 6 years ago
Author: Ashley Harding, General assignment reporter, aharding@wjxt.com
Published On: Oct 18 2015 09:44:58 PM EDT   Updated On: Oct 18 2015 11:17:04 PM EDT

ORANGE PARK, Fla. -

Family and friends of an Orange Park community came together Sunday night to remember Somer Thompson.

Monday marks six years since Somer, 7, was lured into an Orange Park home, sexually assaulted and murdered. Her killer is serving several life sentences.

Earlier this year, the home she was lured into was burned to the ground and replaced by Somer's Garden. Sunday night, people gathered at the garden wearing purple to remember Somer.

Diena Thompson, Somer's mother, remembers her daughter as a perfect little girl.

"She was amazing," Thompson said. "She was a beautiful angel here on earth and now in heaven."

Somer's twin brother stood close to Thompson at the gathering.

"Children are resilient," Thompson said. "They are more heroes than I could ever pretend to be. They're a blessing. Every child is a blessing from God."

For Thompson and Delongis, their hope now is to spread a message of the importance of educating children about the dangers in the world and to prevent another tragedy in the community.

"Lonzie Barton would be 2 years old," Delongis said. "Somer Thompson would have been 13. Maddie would have been 25 years old. We will never as moms and dads see the ages of our children."

"If I don't get through each day, in my mind, that means I've let the monsters win," Thompson said. "I refuse to let that happen."

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #158 on: October 19, 2015, 07:39:27 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2951223/I-m-sorry-let-Mother-7-year-old-girl-murdered-2009-helps-firefighters-burn-house-daughter-killed.html

an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #159 on: October 19, 2015, 09:26:39 AM »

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.