March 19, 2024, 03:21:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #3 11/18/09 -  (Read 574202 times)
GemXx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1080 on: November 25, 2009, 07:58:20 PM »

I think this will be her defense and it may well be deserved/
Doing research on Prozac and found this:Akathisia was associated with acts of extreme violence in an article in the American Journal of Forensic Psychiatry, which described three patients who attacked other people or committed murder.17 Other researchers have noted that patients who take Prozac and develop akathisia may, in turn, become preoccupied with thoughts of suicide.18, 19 A 1991 article in the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, for example, reports on three patients who attempted suicide during fluoxetine treatment and were then reexposed to the drug. The second time around, all three developed severe akathisia and said the condition made them feel suicidal; they also attributed their previous suicide attempts to akathisia.20

When I first read that Alyssa was on Prozac I thought this would be her defense as well.  Prozac can have detrimental side effects in teens, but this can not be her "get out of jail free card".  (Not directed to you Karen...but the defense.) 

IMO I feel Alyssa played a dangerous game of who can be meaner and scarier which lead her thoughts from harming herself, to harming others, which eventually lead to Elizabeth's death.  If this progression can be proven (which I believe it can with everything she had posted on-line alone) the defense can not claim Alyssa's murderous act stemmed from taking Prozac alone. 

O/T
Burkieandemme: I have a picture in front of those same honey pots Smile hehe Gotta love DL.

I have a question....I have never taken any type of depression medication or anxiety pills, etc. I feel like they are overly prescribed these days instead of finding root problems. I DO think a lot of people NEED them-I am in NO way against medication! But, how can a teenager or child learn how to react in situations when medication does it for them? I have had hard times and by all means, IT WASNT FUN, but those times made me grow soo much as a person....I feel like medication could be harmful for maturing mentally. Am I wrong?

I agree with this..... how can you ever deal with a problem and solve it, if you are just taking happy pills to pretend everything is OK?  Way too many drugs are being prescribed by pill pushing doctors.  JMO
I am bipolar and my mother was as well. A big problem with medications is not getting a good diagnoses. When I first say a doctor I thought I was depressed. I did not see the manic episodes as bad. I got my diagnoses as bipolar because the paxil I was given worked a little too well. SSRIs can make people with bipolar manic; very manic. Kids on medications like these need to be watched all the time. I have a hard time understanding why she would have been given prozac, it is old and there are much better meds out there that do the same thing with milder side effects. I don't think it is a drug that is given to children very often.
I don't know what is wrong with Alyssa, but it is not depression. I hope she is not given a milder sentence because of this. Think of the message that would send to others in her position.
KarenK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1081 on: November 25, 2009, 08:04:25 PM »

In regard to Prozac. I agree for the majority of people Prozac is a benign antidepressant. I had a post partum depression 22 years ago when Prozac first came out.  My friend was a psychologist and I told her of my thoughts of how many years did I have left to live, fear of dying,asking questions about God and wanting proof so I read incessantly.  I would see people at a shopping mall and wonder how could they be so easygoing when they were all going to die.     She told me that was not something counselling alone would help and she sent me to a psychiatrist.    First was given an awful drug called Tofranil. Had horrible nightmares. Then when Prozac was approved, about 2 months later, I was put on Prozac and within a day or two I was better.    It was like turning the light switch back on.  I took it for 2 months and although she wanted me to continue on it, I quit and it has never returned. I had no side effects. It was as benign as aspirin.

However, in a teenager with hormones raging, with a history of suicidal attempt, who knows that this did not have the opposite effect on her?  It is well documented.   Do some googling and you will see. Obviously she needed help beyond counselling with her problems. She is not in a normal frame of mind. That doesn't mean she didn't kill in cold blood as sure as a Jeffrey Dahmer or Ted Bundy.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1082 on: November 25, 2009, 08:54:22 PM »

Don't miss Dana Pretzer at 9pm ET tonight!

Click on the link below:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
FBIwannabe
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1083 on: November 26, 2009, 12:00:03 AM »

In reference to the attorney's statement about "this particular juvenile,"  I've never felt he was implying that she was special in a good way, which I mentioned in another post many pages ago    I have wondered since reading that what kinds of horrible things might be associated with her name and face in Califonia or elsewhere that would be easier to keep hidden if she were tried as a juvenile in this case.  Who knows? 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1084 on: November 26, 2009, 10:15:24 AM »

Alyssa Bustamante: "Murder is a very serious thing" friend declares in video interview

On Monday, I reported on an interview Jennifer Meyer, friend of teenage murder suspect, Alyssa Bustamante, gave to CBS's "The Early Show." Meyer claimed that Bustamante told her she wanted to know what it would feel like to kill someone.

Bustamante, 15, has been charged with the first-degree murder of nine-year-old Elizabeth Olten. She has been charged as an adult in the stabbing, strangulation, and throat-slitting murder of Olten on October 21, 2009.

Below you will find an excellent video interview conducted by St. Louis NBC-affiliate KMOV Channel 4's Mark Schnyder with Meyer. The shorter packaged interview can be seen here.

The longer, uncut interview below, however, is by the far superior of the two.

In it Meyer talks about her former friend, Bustamante. She mentions that they once used to go to birthday parties together. Lately, however, Bustamante wanted to go to drug parties.

Meyer talks about Bustamante's strict grandparents and also how the girl would get mad at people.

Meyer also expands on her comment about wanting Bustamante to kill another person and that the comment was made at Bustamante's own birthday party in January 2009.

Meyer also claimed that Bustamante hit her sister, Emma, and also wanted to see her and her little brothers hurt. 

In trying to make sense of her friend's allegedly murderous deed, Meyer stated, "Everyone has their own kind of strangeness." She added, however, "I don't think anyone can be forgiven for that."

Meyer succinctly closed with, "Murder is a very serious thing. I think she deserves what's coming to her."

-Read the indictment against Alyssa Bustamante.

http://www.examiner.com/x-30774-High-Profile-Crime-Examiner~y2009m11d25-ALYSSA-BUSTAMANTE-Murder-is-a-very-serious-thing-friend-declares-in-video-interview
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1085 on: November 26, 2009, 10:16:38 AM »

The Missouri teen has shocked the country by killing a 9-year-old. But she's not the first female teenager to murder for kicks

The case of 15-year-old Alyssa Bustamante, who last week was charged as an adult with the brutal and premediated murder of a 9-year-old neighboring girl, has made national headlines. (Watch a report about Alyssa Bustamante.) The Cole County, Missouri teen allegedly dug two graves in advance, then strangled and stabbed her young victim simply to "know what it felt like" to kill. (It's unclear whether Bustamante had chosen a second victim.) As possible explanations surface, media observers and members of the community remain shocked that a young girl would commit such senseless violence. But the Bustamante incident is hardly unprecedented. Here are 8 more cases of young female thrill killers:

The "Heavenly Creatures" Killers (1954)
One summer morning, 16-year-old Pauline Parker and her best friend Juliet Hulme, 15, lured Parker’s mother into a wooded park in Christchurch, New Zealand, then bashed the woman in the head with a half-a-brick stuffed into an stocking. The girls claimed their victim had fallen and hit her head, but their story disintegrated after the murder weapon was found. Following a “sensationalist” trial in which the girls were alleged to be lovers, both were sentenced to five years in prison. The story inspired the 1994 film, “Heavenly Creatures,” starring Kate Winslet. Today, Hulme is a successful crime novelist who writes under the name Anne Perry.

Mary Bell (1968)
At only 11 years old, Mary Bell strangled two local boys—aged 3 and 4—in her hometown of Newcastle, England. After killing the second child, she carved the letter "M" into his body with a razor. Her stated motive was the "pleasure and excitement" of killing (though Bell said later that, as the child of a prostitute, she had been sexually abused from a young age). She was released from prison in 1980 and today lives under a new identity.

Brenda Spencer (1979)
"I just don't like Mondays," 16-year old Brenda Spencer notoriously replied when asked why she attacked an elementary school near her San Diego home. Shooting sniper-style with a semi-automatic rifle her father had given her for Christmas, she wounded eight children and a police officer and killed two adults. Her stated dislike of Mondays inspired a hit song penned by Bob Geldof for his band, The Boomtown Rats.

Diana Zamora (1995)
As a first-year student at the prestigious Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD, Diana Zamora was arrested for killing  16-year old Adrienne Jones, a romantic rival, during her senior year of highschool. With help from her then-boyfriend, Zamora had lured Jones into a car and brutally attacked her with a metal weight to "appease" Zomora's jealousy. Zamora is now serving a life sentence.

Wendy Gardner (1994)
When she was 13, Wendy Gardner and her 15-year old boyfriend plotted to murder Gardner’s grandmother by strangling her with a yo-yo string. After perpetrating the unlikely crime, the couple celebrated with "a three-day orgy of sex and junk food." Both were later convicted for the murder, and Gardner — who lived in Ulster county, NY, at the time of the crime — received a sentence of seven years to life.

The "Vampire Clan" killings (1996)
A Eustice, Florida couple were the unlucky victims of teen vampire enthusiasts. Chastity Keesee, 17, and Dana Cooper, 20 — led by their “Vampire Clan” cult “sire,” 17-year-old Rod Ferrell — participated in the murder of the couple, the parents of another cult devotee’s parents. In keeping with the vampire cult's rituals (which also required members to drink each other's blood), the victims were  beaten to death with a crowbar. Ferrell was convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to death (later commuted to life without parole). Keesee and Cooper were both found guilty of third-degree murder.

“Collie Killers” (2006)
Australians was shocked by the case of two 16-year-old girls who decided they “felt like” brutally murdering one of their friends by stuffing her mouth with a chemical-soaked cloth and strangling her with a wire in the remote coal-mining town of Collie, Western Australia. While testifying, the girls — whose names have never been publicly released — recalled that their struggling victim called them "freaks" as she died, but neither expressed remorse. In 2007, both girls were sentenced to life in prison.

http://www.theweek.com/article/index/103323/Before_Alyssa_Bustamante_10_teen_girl_thrill_killers
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1086 on: November 26, 2009, 10:41:43 AM »

The Missouri teen has shocked the country by killing a 9-year-old. But she's not the first female teenager to murder for kicks

The case of 15-year-old Alyssa Bustamante, who last week was charged as an adult with the brutal and premediated murder of a 9-year-old neighboring girl, has made national headlines. (Watch a report about Alyssa Bustamante.) The Cole County, Missouri teen allegedly dug two graves in advance, then strangled and stabbed her young victim simply to "know what it felt like" to kill. (It's unclear whether Bustamante had chosen a second victim.) As possible explanations surface, media observers and members of the community remain shocked that a young girl would commit such senseless violence. But the Bustamante incident is hardly unprecedented. Here are 8 more cases of young female thrill killers:

One summer morning, 16-year-old Pauline Parker and her best friend Juliet Hulme, 15, lured Parker’s mother into a wooded park in Christchurch, New Zealand, then bashed the woman in the head with a half-a-brick stuffed into an stocking. The girls claimed their victim had fallen and hit her head, but their story disintegrated after the murder weapon was found. Following a “sensationalist” trial in which the girls were alleged to be lovers, both were sentenced to five years in prison. The story inspired the 1994 film, “Heavenly Creatures,” starring Kate Winslet. Today, Hulme is a successful crime novelist who writes under the name Anne Perry.

Mary Bell (1968)
At only 11 years old, Mary Bell strangled two local boys—aged 3 and 4—in her hometown of Newcastle, England. After killing the second child, she carved the letter "M" into his body with a razor. Her stated motive was the "pleasure and excitement" of killing (though Bell said later that, as the child of a prostitute, she had been sexually abused from a young age). She was released from prison in 1980 and today lives under a new identity.

Brenda Spencer (1979)
"I just don't like Mondays," 16-year old Brenda Spencer notoriously replied when asked why she attacked an elementary school near her San Diego home. Shooting sniper-style with a semi-automatic rifle her father had given her for Christmas, she wounded eight children and a police officer and killed two adults. Her stated dislike of Mondays inspired a hit song penned by Bob Geldof for his band, The Boomtown Rats.

Diana Zamora (1995)
As a first-year student at the prestigious Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD, Diana Zamora was arrested for killing  16-year old Adrienne Jones, a romantic rival, during her senior year of highschool. With help from her then-boyfriend, Zamora had lured Jones into a car and brutally attacked her with a metal weight to "appease" Zomora's jealousy. Zamora is now serving a life sentence.

Wendy Gardner (1994)
When she was 13, Wendy Gardner and her 15-year old boyfriend plotted to murder Gardner’s grandmother by strangling her with a yo-yo string. After perpetrating the unlikely crime, the couple celebrated with "a three-day orgy of sex and junk food." Both were later convicted for the murder, and Gardner — who lived in Ulster county, NY, at the time of the crime — received a sentence of seven years to life.

A Eustice, Florida couple were the unlucky victims of teen vampire enthusiasts. Chastity Keesee, 17, and Dana Cooper, 20 — led by their “Vampire Clan” cult “sire,” 17-year-old Rod Ferrell — participated in the murder of the couple, the parents of another cult devotee’s parents. In keeping with the vampire cult's rituals (which also required members to drink each other's blood), the victims were  beaten to death with a crowbar. Ferrell was convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to death (later commuted to life without parole). Keesee and Cooper were both found guilty of third-degree murder.

“Collie Killers” (2006)
Australians was shocked by the case of two 16-year-old girls who decided they “felt like” brutally murdering one of their friends by stuffing her mouth with a chemical-soaked cloth and strangling her with a wire in the remote coal-mining town of Collie, Western Australia. While testifying, the girls — whose names have never been publicly released — recalled that their struggling victim called them "freaks" as she died, but neither expressed remorse. In 2007, both girls were sentenced to life in prison.

http://www.theweek.com/article/index/103323/Before_Alyssa_Bustamante_10_teen_girl_thrill_killers
Northern, thanks for this article. I remember the day Adrienne was found and how long it took for Diane Zamora to tell what happened to her friends at the Naval Academy. If it hadn't have been for her telling her dark secret, Adrienne would never have found justice. I watched the full trial and all the BS about the reason DZ did it, Dad left mom, fear of losing the bf, blah, blah blah. She was a spiteful, vindictive person and I am glad she was sentenced to Life. The worse part of the trial was the victim's impact statement given by Adrienne's little brother. I broke down watching that. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1087 on: November 26, 2009, 05:14:02 PM »

In reference to the attorney's statement about "this particular juvenile,"  I've never felt he was implying that she was special in a good way, which I mentioned in another post many pages ago    I have wondered since reading that what kinds of horrible things might be associated with her name and face in Califonia or elsewhere that would be easier to keep hidden if she were tried as a juvenile in this case.  Who knows? 

I agree with you. I thought "this particular juvenile" meant there were things to be kept secret, and people that wanted to do it. Hopefully, some of these things will be able to come to light, but I still have my doubts that it will be the local media that digs them out. I hope the prosecutor will have the stomach to do it. I am still reserving my opinion on that for the time being. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1088 on: November 26, 2009, 05:20:10 PM »

NORTHERN, thank you, as always, for the articles you posted today. No, Alyssa is not "special" since she is a juvenile. There have been documented cases for a long time. It was striking to me how little punishment that was given in earlier cases, and how much heavier it has gotten over the years.

Even Alyssa's friend Jennifer could see she should get what is coming to her. I hope the pleasure Alyssa got from "seeing how it feels" will be worth it to her in the end. Evil can only see pleasure in inflicting pain on another. JMO

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Txsflame
Scared Monkey

UnID Murder victim

« Reply #1089 on: November 26, 2009, 08:11:39 PM »

Mary Bell (1968)

Brenda Spencer (1979)

Diana Zamora (1995)

Wendy Gardner (1994)

“Collie Killers” (2006)

Northern, thanks for this article. I remember the day Adrienne was found and how long it took for Diane Zamora to tell what happened to her friends at the Naval Academy. If it hadn't have been for her telling her dark secret, Adrienne would never have found justice. I watched the full trial and all the BS about the reason DZ did it, Dad left mom, fear of losing the bf, blah, blah blah. She was a spiteful, vindictive person and I am glad she was sentenced to Life. The worse part of the trial was the victim's impact statement given by Adrienne's little brother. I broke down watching that. 

I worked int the prison where Zamora was housed(until about three yrs ago) and she is still and ugly B word.... She moved onto another unit, though.. was a happy day for us.

Perfectly Imperfect. Imperfection is the only thinig I ever perfected!!!!

Please visit http://walkercountyjanedoe1980.webs.com

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6550.new#new
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1090 on: November 27, 2009, 10:45:31 AM »

Mary Bell (1968)

Brenda Spencer (1979)

Diana Zamora (1995)

Wendy Gardner (1994)

“Collie Killers” (2006)

I worked int the prison where Zamora was housed(until about three yrs ago) and she is still and ugly B word.... She moved onto another unit, though.. was a happy day for us.
Wow Txflame, I despise her with every sense of my being. She was so smug, arrogant and put on the airs of being so tiny and couldn't hurt a fly. I hope she is getting treated very harshly in prison (by prisoners, not the guards).

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1091 on: November 27, 2009, 11:18:59 AM »

Mary Bell (1968)

Brenda Spencer (1979)

Diana Zamora (1995)

Wendy Gardner (1994)

“Collie Killers” (2006)

Wow Txflame, I despise her with every sense of my being. She was so smug, arrogant and put on the airs of being so tiny and couldn't hurt a fly. I hope she is getting treated very harshly in prison (by prisoners, not the guards).

agreed!
she thought that she would get off cause of being cute and little....jmo

Txsflame
Scared Monkey

UnID Murder victim

« Reply #1092 on: November 27, 2009, 05:25:37 PM »

Mary Bell (1968)

Brenda Spencer (1979)

Diana Zamora (1995)

Wendy Gardner (1994)

“Collie Killers” (2006)

agreed!

From what I could tell, she wasnt well liked in prison, and still acts like she is "special". We had several high profilers.. Geneine Jones..the baby killer, and Yolanda Saldivor(sp??) Couldnt Stand Jones either, Saldivar was an easy inmate, but was in protected custody and very quiet.  I also had some that werent so "high" profile, but studies had been done on them about munchhausen syndrome, one killed her 15 mth old baby, after the third try. She was very young, and IMO border line +++++++...I cant rememeber her name, I think if you type in Maunchhausen Syndrome and Texas her names will come up in some articles.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1093 on: November 27, 2009, 07:46:18 PM »

some photos of A.B.
http://www.cbsnews.com/elements/2009/11/23/crimesider/photoessay5747894.shtml?tag=page

this photo is from the slideshow, one hand looks the same to me
couldve been freinds messing around, or it is A.B. hand with knife

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
bigmoney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1094 on: November 27, 2009, 08:08:44 PM »

some photos of A.B.
http://www.cbsnews.com/elements/2009/11/23/crimesider/photoessay5747894.shtml?tag=page

this photo is from the slideshow, one hand looks the same to me
couldve been freinds messing around, or it is A.B. hand with knife

I know the source of this photograph and that is Alyssa'a hand with the knife. It was taken this year (actually just a few months back).
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1095 on: November 27, 2009, 08:46:48 PM »

Mary Bell (1968)

Brenda Spencer (1979)

Diana Zamora (1995)

Wendy Gardner (1994)

“Collie Killers” (2006)

agreed!

From what I could tell, she wasnt well liked in prison, and still acts like she is "special". We had several high profilers.. Geneine Jones..the baby killer, and Yolanda Saldivor(sp??) Couldnt Stand Jones either, Saldivar was an easy inmate, but was in protected custody and very quiet.  I also had some that werent so "high" profile, but studies had been done on them about munchhausen syndrome, one killed her 15 mth old baby, after the third try. She was very young, and IMO border line +++++++...I cant rememeber her name, I think if you type in Maunchhausen Syndrome and Texas her names will come up in some articles.
Txflame, thanks for all the information about Texas inmates. I thought Genine Jones went to the nut house. Good to know she went to prison. I can imagine Saldivar was protected, she would have been sooner than dead in general population IMO. 

Txsflame
Scared Monkey

UnID Murder victim

« Reply #1096 on: November 28, 2009, 11:38:46 AM »

Mary Bell (1968)

Brenda Spencer (1979)

Diana Zamora (1995)

Wendy Gardner (1994)

“Collie Killers” (2006)

agreed!

Txflame, thanks for all the information about Texas inmates. I thought Genine Jones went to the nut house. Good to know she went to prison. I can imagine Saldivar was protected, she would have been sooner than dead in general population IMO. 

Not sure how ture it was, but the other inmates cliamed GJones was trying to claim Maunchenhausen also. She was not liked or trusted either. I had one inmate that had worked with her in the laundrey dept, claim she would start fires so she could "save" everyone, and put the fires out. As luck (for her victims) would have it GJones was sickly(and luck for those of us who had to tkae care of her) She moved on from the unit I was on also. They tend to do that with High profiles anyway..move them around, but last I heard GJones was in medical unit, but NOT for being insane.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1097 on: November 29, 2009, 09:37:12 AM »

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/143023/Girl-15-could-be-executed-for-murder
 HOME > NEWS / SHOWBIZ > WORLD NEWS > Girl, 15, could be executed for murder
WORLD NEWS
GIRL, 15, COULD BE EXECUTED FOR MURDER

Sunday November 29,2009
By Mike Parker

A GIRL of 15 could end up on Death Row facing execution by lethal injection after a US judge ruled she must be tried for murder as an adult.

In a case that has shocked Amer-ica Alyssa Bustamante is accused of strangling nine-year-old neighbour Elizabeth Olten then slashing her throat after bragging on YouTube that she enjoyed “killing people”.

A photo on the website shows her in black, Goth-style make-up pointing a finger, gun-style, to her head. Police in Jefferson City, Missouri, say she dug two graves five days before the murder then told them: “If you want to find her, start digging.” Experts say she is unlikely to be executed but could spend the rest of her life in prison if convicted.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #1098 on: November 29, 2009, 01:46:35 PM »

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/143023/Girl-15-could-be-executed-for-murder
 HOME > NEWS / SHOWBIZ > WORLD NEWS > Girl, 15, could be executed for murder
WORLD NEWS
GIRL, 15, COULD BE EXECUTED FOR MURDER

Sunday November 29,2009
By Mike Parker

A GIRL of 15 could end up on Death Row facing execution by lethal injection after a US judge ruled she must be tried for murder as an adult.

In a case that has shocked Amer-ica Alyssa Bustamante is accused of strangling nine-year-old neighbour Elizabeth Olten then slashing her throat after bragging on YouTube that she enjoyed “killing people”.

A photo on the website shows her in black, Goth-style make-up pointing a finger, gun-style, to her head. Police in Jefferson City, Missouri, say she dug two graves five days before the murder then told them: “If you want to find her, start digging.” Experts say she is unlikely to be executed but could spend the rest of her life in prison if convicted.

The UK likes to portray the US as living in the dark ages when it comes to the death penalty.

Majority Opinion
By a vote of 5-4, the U.S. Supreme Court on March 1, 2005 held that the Eighth and Fourteenth Amendments forbid the execution of offenders who were under the age of 18 when their crimes were committed. snipped

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/u-s-supreme-court-roper-v-simmons-no-03-633

2 4 1
yorkiemom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1099 on: November 30, 2009, 08:32:39 PM »

Does anyone know for sure where Alyssa is now?  If she has been transferred to state hospital when will the 96 hours be up.  Thanks I've been trying to catch up but was gone for the holidays.
Thanks for all the information.  Hope everyone had a great holiday. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.