April 25, 2024, 03:22:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #3 11/18/09 -  (Read 577063 times)
YourMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1120 on: December 03, 2009, 01:21:04 PM »

All documents have been posted:

http://www.colecountycourts.com/courtnews.htm

NO!  I have too much work to do today to get behind.!   Oh well, looks like I will be staying over tonight...LOL
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1121 on: December 03, 2009, 01:22:23 PM »

Why has the great media in Jefferson NOT reported that the next hearing has been  moved from Dec 7 to Dec 8th? 

11-30-09   Hearing from December 7, 2009 has been continued to December 8, 2009 at 10:30 a.m. 

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1122 on: December 03, 2009, 01:23:45 PM »

NO!  I have too much work to do today to get behind.!   Oh well, looks like I will be staying over tonight...LOL

There is not a lot to read .  Docs are 1-2 pages and just the standard filing stuff. 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1123 on: December 03, 2009, 01:25:50 PM »

they filtered out the word *********??  ooooooo shame on me!   Monkey Devil!

Yes, Scared Monkey's filters out that word.  Please don't go around the filter.  MuffyBee

Edit:  remove word and replace with *******

WOW!  okies... is outside 'viewer', or 'interested standby' a better choice then? 

Yes.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1124 on: December 03, 2009, 01:26:08 PM »

Ok, first thing up..

In the indictment document, there's a couple things answered that has been asked by some. 

There's no bail set for Alyssa. 

The following statements from the indictment document lead me to believe that there likely will be no chance for a 'prozac defense'.. or even an 'insanity defense':

<bolded by me>

"...the defendant after deliberation, knowingly caused the
death of (name redacted) strangling her, cutting her throat and stabbing her."

"...the defendant committed the foregoing felony of Murder in the First Degree by, with and through, the knowing use, assistance and aid of a dangerous instrument."

http://www.colecountycourts.com/documents%20for%20Alyssa%20Dailen%20Bustamante/Indictment.pdf

Edit:  Correct typo per poster.  MB

« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 02:21:29 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1125 on: December 03, 2009, 01:26:26 PM »

There is not a lot to read .  Docs are 1-2 pages and just the standard filing stuff. 

That didn't take long did it?

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1126 on: December 03, 2009, 01:27:19 PM »

OMG I meant no bail set for Alyssa!!!   Mod please edit??  TIA

Done.  MB

« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 02:21:56 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

YourMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1127 on: December 03, 2009, 01:30:01 PM »

dang it, I guess I am getting so used to these Casey Anthony dumps that I ACTUALLY thought there would be something new or interesting in these documents......ugghhh
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1128 on: December 03, 2009, 01:33:09 PM »

Bustamante hearing cancelled

COLE COUNTY, MO. -- The status hearing for the murder suspect accused of killing Elizabeth Olten has been cancelled.

Alyssa Bustamante, 15, had a status hearing scheduled to for Dec. 7. The hearing would follow –up to see if Bustamante had a lawyer.

Now, Bustamante will be re-arraigned, with counsel, on Dec. 8, 2009 at 10:30 a.m. At the arraignment hearing, Bustamante will be handed down the indictments again and would plead guilty or not guilty.

A judge entered a not-guilty plea on behalf of Bustamante, who was certified as an adult on Nov. 18, because she did not have a lawyer present.

Bustamante appeared briefly before a Cole County judge, just hours after she had been certified to stand trial as an adult in Olten’s murder.

Bustamante is charged in the strangulation and stabbing death of  Olten.

This type of proceeding normally lasts less than 5 minutes.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=385365
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1129 on: December 03, 2009, 01:33:31 PM »

dang it, I guess I am getting so used to these Casey Anthony dumps that I ACTUALLY thought there would be something new or interesting in these documents......ugghhh

Like her entire diary incl pics of.......   Me too, YourMom!!   Monkey Devil! 

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1130 on: December 03, 2009, 01:35:49 PM »

The Arrest Warrant has the Monster's height and weight

Height - 65 " (5'5")
Weight - 130lbs

Elizabeth was 5'2" and 108 lbs.

There was not a lot of difference in their sizes .  She was really determined to do this.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1131 on: December 03, 2009, 01:37:35 PM »

COLE COUNTY, MO. -- The status hearing for the murder suspect accused of killing Elizabeth Olten has been cancelled.

Alyssa Bustamante, 15, had a status hearing scheduled to for Dec. 7. The hearing would follow –up to see if Bustamante had a lawyer.

Now, Bustamante will be re-arraigned, with counsel, on Dec. 8, 2009 at 10:30 a.m. At the arraignment hearing, Bustamante will be handed down the indictments again and would plead guilty or not guilty.

A judge entered a not-guilty plea on behalf of Bustamante, who was certified as an adult on Nov. 18, because she did not have a lawyer present.

Bustamante appeared briefly before a Cole County judge, just hours after she had been certified to stand trial as an adult in Olten’s murder.

Thanks Northern Rose! 

Was just going to post and ask what a status hearing is.  So it's like a follow-up hearing to ensure that she has an attorney, and was cancelled since she has one? 

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1132 on: December 03, 2009, 01:37:39 PM »

LOL Bananas!  And the thing is, it's not a bad word!  Just so ya know.  I'm trying to be a good monkey for Santa, honest.  lol   hehe   an angelic monkey  It's the 'o' word for someone who stands by and watches, sees, what is going on. 

ha ha! glad I am not the only one who doesn't know the word...still don't know what it is even with the 'o' ...what is the last and middle letter? now I am curious .....lol!

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1133 on: December 03, 2009, 01:38:38 PM »

Our View: If M.D. took part as alleged, try her as adult

As Mitchell residents wonder whether a 15-year-old girl will be tried as an adult in connection with the murder of another local teen, the state of Missouri is in the midst of an eerily similar case.
In that state, it was determined last week that 15-year-old Alyssa Bustamante will be tried as an adult for the murder of 9-year-old Elizabeth Olten.

As Mitchell residents wonder whether a 15-year-old girl will be tried as an adult in connection with the murder of another local teen, the state of Missouri is in the midst of an eerily similar case.

In that state, it was determined last week that 15-year-old Alyssa Bustamante will be tried as an adult for the murder of 9-year-old Elizabeth Olten.

Bustamante is accused of digging a grave in the woods and then spending a week plotting the murder. On Oct. 21, authorities say Bustamante strangled Olten without provocation, cut the girl’s throat and stabbed her. She also is accused of burying the younger girl’s body.

In South Dakota, high school student Jasmine Guevara was found dead last month in the trunk of a car in rural Mitchell. Her throat had been cut and she had been stabbed. The car had been set ablaze.

Charged with murder is Alexander Salgado, 20. In addition, a 15-year-old girl known only as M.D. has been arrested.

People have so many questions. What was M.D.’s role in the case? Will M.D. be tried as an adult? Should she be?

As The Daily Republic reported this week, the executive director of the South Dakota State’s Attorney Association said that teens involved in homicide cases often stand trial as adults.

According to state law, 16- and 17-yearolds can be tried as adults based on various factors, including whether the offense is committed in an aggressive, violent, premeditated or willful manner.

In the Guevara case, it appears that yes, the offense was committed in an aggressive, violent and premeditated manner. It also has been traumatic to the community.

Whether a child is tried in juvenile or adult court looms large in punishment. Children found guilty remain anonymous and are placed in juvenile facilities, for instance. Those found guilty in adult court face incarceration in prison. Their names are made public.

The catch in this case is that M.D. is 15. In South Dakota, children younger than 16 who face even the most serious of felonies begin their proceedings in juvenile court. It will be up to a prosecutor to take the steps necessary to move the case to adult court; a judge will make the final decision.

The death of Jasmine Guevara was wanton, violent and so terribly unnecessary. It was a grown-up crime and, if police reports are correct, was aggressive and thoroughly planned, thus showing premeditation.

Considering the facts of the case in that state, Missouri got it right when it determined Bustamante should be tried as an adult.

Here in South Dakota, M.D. is, of course, innocent until proven guilty. It’s important to issue such a reminder in the sad, angry and frustrating weeks after a tragic and suspicious death.

And she is, indeed, a child.

But if authorities truly believe M.D. had an active and vital role in the violent death of a local high school student, then M.D. should stand trial as an adult.

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/event/article/id/39079/group/Opinion/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1134 on: December 03, 2009, 01:44:13 PM »

Thanks Northern Rose! 

Was just going to post and ask what a status hearing is.  So it's like a follow-up hearing to ensure that she has an attorney, and was cancelled since she has one? 

That is my guess.  And they scheduled the re-arraignment for the 8th now that she has a lawyer and can enter a plea with lawyer present. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1135 on: December 03, 2009, 01:45:37 PM »

It’s important to follow 8th amendment cases

When turning on the news, we hear of either homicide or manslaughter, and think little of it because murder has sadly become acceptable in the world today.

Murder, the intentional and malicious killing of one person by another, should be taken seriously by the criminal justice system in America.  Intentional or not, murderers should be tried with the utmost seriousness in order to adequately ensure the punishment fits the crime.

Within our system of criminal justice, we attempt to serve at least one of four purposes by punishing an offender.  These four goals of punishment are incapacitation, rehabilitation, deterrence and retribution.

In Jefferson City, Mo., 15-year-old Alyssa Bustamante knowingly and purposefully murdered her 9-year-old neighbor, Elizabeth Olten, by strangling and cutting her throat for the reason of wanting to know what it felt like to kill another human being. In this case, Bustamante will be punished in order to fulfill deterrence, to be made an example of or to fulfill retribution because bad acts deserve severe punishment.

A Missouri Grand Jury indicted Bustamante on a charge of first degree premeditated murder for killing a young girl who detectives found did not provoke her murder. During this indictment, the judge determined that Bustamante would be tried as an adult, to the outrage of many. The opposition believes that Alyssa should be punished for her crime, but if found guilty as an adult, Alyssa could face nearly any charge, including life in prison.
The United States Supreme Court has previously heard cases about minors facing trial as adults, ruling in 2005 that it is cruel and unusual punishment to sentence a juvenile offender to death. The Court is also currently facing two cases (Graham v. Florida and Sullivan v. Florida) in order to discuss the latest controversy over the 8th Amendment, and whether or not it is reasonable to sentence juveniles to life in prison without any opportunity for parole.

These cases may or may not affect the decisions made in Bustamante’s case, but they are important cases to follow, considering they determine our fundamental rights of not receiving cruel and unusual punishment.

Although Bustamante had a rough childhood, attempting to commit suicide and being deeply affected by depression, Jefferson City did not house the correct facilities to help Bustamante rehabilitate and cope at such a young age.

Now the question remains, is it too late to rehabilitate her after committing murder, making anywhere from 25 years to life in prison an acceptable punishment?   

http://www.nwmissourinews.com/mobile/opinion/it-s-important-to-follow-8th-amendment-cases-1.950130
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1136 on: December 03, 2009, 01:47:08 PM »

The Arrest Warrant has the Monster's height and weight

Height - 65 " (5'5")
Weight - 130lbs

Elizabeth was 5'2" and 108 lbs.

There was not a lot of difference in their sizes .  She was really determined to do this.

Dang!!  Determined is right!  Am even more convinced that she had help. 

Also hoping that the rumor we've read about ends up being true, that there may have been a 'deer tape', which could have caught some evidence of another person present. 

Which could help to explain other things that have been rumored, which may have happened as well.  Like who stayed with Elizabeth in the woods, *IF* someone/Alyssa did indeed walk her lil sis back thru the woods to the house, then beat it back to Elizabeth. 

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1137 on: December 03, 2009, 01:52:00 PM »

GIRL, 15, COULD BE EXECUTED FOR MURDER

A GIRL of 15 could end up on Death Row facing execution by lethal injection after a US judge ruled she must be tried for murder as an adult.

In a case that has shocked Amer-ica Alyssa Bustamante is accused of strangling nine-year-old neighbour Elizabeth Olten then slashing her throat after bragging on YouTube that she enjoyed “killing people”.

A photo on the website shows her in black, Goth-style make-up pointing a finger, gun-style, to her head. Police in Jefferson City, Missouri, say she dug two graves five days before the murder then told them: “If you want to find her, start digging.”

Experts say she is unlikely to be executed but could spend the rest of her life in prison if convicted.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/143023/Girl-15-could-be-executed-for-murder
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1138 on: December 03, 2009, 01:54:04 PM »

LOL Bananas!  And the thing is, it's not a bad word!  Just so ya know.  I'm trying to be a good monkey for Santa, honest.  lol   hehe   an angelic monkey  It's the 'o' word for someone who stands by and watches, sees, what is going on.  

ha ha! glad I am not the only one who doesn't know the word...still don't know what it is even with the 'o' ...what is the last and middle letter? now I am curious .....lol!

I'd be doing the same!  
-
Edit- please don't override filter.  MB

Hope that's ok to say and I don't get  

« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 08:28:12 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1139 on: December 03, 2009, 01:55:59 PM »

LOL Bananas!  And the thing is, it's not a bad word!  Just so ya know.  I'm trying to be a good monkey for Santa, honest.  lol   hehe   an angelic monkey  It's the 'o' word for someone who stands by and watches, sees, what is going on. 

Thanks Wyks... I thought of that word first and dismissed it.... why in the world is that word taboo?  LOL

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.