March 19, 2024, 01:17:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #3 11/18/09 -  (Read 574183 times)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #120 on: November 18, 2009, 05:09:18 PM »

WELCOME LOUISIANNA5487! 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2009, 05:10:09 PM »

Alyssa Bustamante, 15, Charged as Adult for Murder of Elizabeth Olten, 9

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) -- A Missouri grand jury has indicted 15-year-old Alyssa Bustamante on on a charge of first-degree murder in slaying of a 9-year-old girl. The grand jury indictment filed Wednesday accuses Bustamante of killing Elizabeth Olten by strangling her, cutting her throat and stabbing her on Oct. 21, the day Elizabeth went missing.

A police officer testified Wednesday that a 15-year-old girl told investigators she killed a 9-year-old neighbor because she wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone, as a judge ruled the teen should stand trial as an adult. Bustamante is also charged with armed criminal action for using a knife in the attack.

Police testified that Elizabeth Olten did nothing to provoke the attack against her, and that the teenage suspect led authorities to the girl's body after they questioned her.

Cole County Circuit Judge Jon Beetem ruled that the slaying was vicious and that the state had no adequate facilities or services to treat the suspect if she stayed in the juvenile court system.

The teen, who sat silently through the proceedings in an orange prison jumpsuit and handcuffs, was arrested on an adult charge of first-degree murder. She was scheduled to be arraigned later Wednesday.

The charges in adult court were filed just hours after Bustamante had been certified to stand trial as an adult. She's being held in the Cole County jail with no bond.

Hundreds of people searched for Elizabeth when she did not return home on Oct. 21 from a neighbor's house in St. Martin's, west of Jefferson City. Authorities have not released details about how Elizabeth was killed or why she was chosen, and those details did not come out during the hearing.

Juvenile officers testified Wednesday that Alyssa previously considered committing suicide and had been receiving treatment for depression for a few years before Elizabeth's death.

A Missouri State Highway Patrol officer testified that Alyssa admitted to digging two holes on Oct. 16 with the intention of burying Elizabeth -- a sign that juvenile officers said showed the girl's killing was premeditated.

Throughout the hearing, it was assumed that Alyssa committed the killing, which is a legal requirement under state law for conducting adult certification hearings. However, Alyssa's attorney objected repeatedly when attorneys tried to introduce into evidence specific details about the killing.

Juvenile defense attorney Kurt Valentine argued that Alyssa would either kill herself or be assaulted and killed by others if she were placed with adults in a jail cell while awaiting trial or in a prison if convicted.

"We are throwing away the child and we are signing a death sentence for Alyssa," Valentine said. "She is not going to survive her time in the Cole County jail."

Alyssa appeared in court with straight, shoulder-length brown hair, with bangs frequently covering her eyes. Her mother and grandmother sat on one side of the courtroom. The grandmother has been Alyssa's legal guardian for about half of her life.

On the other side of the courtroom sat Elizabeth's mother, other family members and friends, some of whom wore pink shirts, which was Elizabeth's favorite color.

State juvenile officials said Missouri has no secure facilities to house female juvenile offenders and would have had to renovate a facility and create a specific supervision plan had Alyssa been kept in juvenile custody.

If convicted of first-degree murder, the teen could be sentenced to up to life in prison.

http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-bustamante-charged-as-adult-murder-111809,0,4625663.story?track=rss
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2009, 05:12:53 PM »

Hello!! This is my first post on ScaredMonkey! I LOVE this website...thank GOD there are compassionate people out there with a HEART! Thank you for all the updates on this case. I have been dying to write on this forum but wasn't accepted! Today is my lucky day!

I hope this doesn't sound too harsh but WHY or HOW could any attorney fathom the thought of ANYONE caring if something happened to Alyssa in jail??? I know that sounds mean but Elizabeth had NO choice whether she died or not....she took ELIZABETH'S INNOCENCE away and clearly Alyssa is NO victim in this case! As far as I am concerned.. lock her up with the most dangerous people there and throw away the key! 

OK...venting done.. I promise I am a nice person! haha  an angelic monkey

Welcome to SM ~ Ms Louisiana

The System is now the Parents ( basically) of AB. They cannot and will not allow anything to happen to her nor for her to cause herself bodily harm. It is the Law. They are responsible for Her and have to do everything possible to keep her " in the same health/condition " as she was when she was put into their custody.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2009, 05:14:30 PM »

WELCOME LOUISIANNA5487! 

"Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!!" Love me some Louisiana!!!! 

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2009, 05:15:30 PM »

Meet Alyssa Bustamante; A 15-Year-old Killer (Photos) Going To Prison?

A 15-year-old girl named Alyssa Bustamante has been arrested and is going to court over killing a 9-year-old named Elizabeth Olten. She is to be tried as an adult according to reports after lawmakers found out the viciousness of her attack.

Bustamante stabbed, strangled, and cut the throat of the 9-year-old girl named Elizabeth Olten. When police asked why she killed the girl she said she wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone.

Bustamante dug two shallow graves before killing Olten. Bustamante had a record of trying to commit suicide and was on the antidepressant known as prozac.

There is now a fight on whether or not to be her in an adult jail or possibly even a mental institution. Her lawyer is desperately fighting to keep her out of jail. It's hard to believe that is the face of a killer.

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_212268807.shtml
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #125 on: November 18, 2009, 05:15:41 PM »

Hello!! This is my first post on ScaredMonkey! I LOVE this website...thank GOD there are compassionate people out there with a HEART! Thank you for all the updates on this case. I have been dying to write on this forum but wasn't accepted! Today is my lucky day!

I hope this doesn't sound too harsh but WHY or HOW could any attorney fathom the thought of ANYONE caring if something happened to Alyssa in jail??? I know that sounds mean but Elizabeth had NO choice whether she died or not....she took ELIZABETH'S INNOCENCE away and clearly Alyssa is NO victim in this case! As far as I am concerned.. lock her up with the most dangerous people there and throw away the key! 

The System is now the Parents ( basically) of AB. They cannot and will not allow anything to happen to her nor for her to cause herself bodily harm. It is the Law. They are responsible for Her and have to do everything possible to keep her " in the same health/condition " as she was when she was put into their custody.

Too bad Elizabeth wasn't afforded the same protection. 

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #126 on: November 18, 2009, 05:19:00 PM »

The Monster's Mugshot

http://www.komu.com/satellite/SatelliteRender/KOMU.com/ba8a4513-c0a8-2f11-0063-9bd94c70b769/07ae129e-80ce-0971-0113-e864f8522814
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: November 18, 2009, 05:20:03 PM »

http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-bustamante-charged-as-adult-murder-111809,0,4625663.story?track=rss

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #128 on: November 18, 2009, 05:20:07 PM »

Northern
In regards to the article you just posted.
You know more about the Atty's and the system within your area.
Where are they going to " Keep" Miss AB ?

I would think that they will have to make " special accommodations" for her * by Law, due to her being a minor female. If they do not have a facility for her where do you think they will put her?
House Arrest at a place within Social Services ?? I have no clue. Hoping you may have ideas or answers.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: November 18, 2009, 05:20:36 PM »

I'm quitting!  Monkey Devil!

YourMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #130 on: November 18, 2009, 05:25:40 PM »

She looked so much better as a juggalette...............no, seriously.......
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: November 18, 2009, 05:26:13 PM »

Northern
In regards to the article you just posted.
You know more about the Atty's and the system within your area.
Where are they going to " Keep" Miss AB ?

I would think that they will have to make " special accommodations" for her * by Law, due to her being a minor female. If they do not have a facility for her where do you think they will put her?
House Arrest at a place within Social Services ?? I have no clue. Hoping you may have ideas or answers.

Deenie, I am not in MO.  If she were up here there are some nice cold and remote places that would be great for her complexion.    I hope she goes to general population.  I suspect they will make a special isolation cell for her.  The mental institute will be a hard cell as her principle stated she was in the top 1/3 of her class, she planned this so well and hid Elizabeth better than any of the searchers could find her body without taking LE to the spot.  Cole County Jail was built in 1896 so they must have a few dungeons still I would hope.   

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #132 on: November 18, 2009, 05:26:50 PM »

an angelic monkey
YourMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #133 on: November 18, 2009, 05:27:35 PM »

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. -- A judge ordered a 15-year-old girl to stand trial as an adult for the slaying of 9-year-old Elizabeth Olten, whose disappearance last month touched off a two-day search. Cole County Circuit Judge Jon Beetem ruled Wednesday that the crime was serious and vicious. Beetem also said the state has no adequate facilities or services to treat Alkyssa Bustamante if she were to remain in the juvenile court system.

Immediately after the judge's ruling on Wednesday morning, Cole County sheriff's deputies arrested Bustamante on a first-degree murder charge. Within hours, prosecutors filed a grand jury indictment of first-degree murder. An indictment speeds the case through the court system by sending it directly to circuit court, skipping the need for a preliminary hearing in associate circuit court.

The indictment accuses Bustamante of killing Elizabeth by strangling her, cutting her throat and stabbing her on Oct. 21, the day that Elizabeth disappeared. Elizabeth had been visiting Bustamante's sister and disappeared on the short walk to her own home. Bustamante also is charged with armed criminal action because a knife was used in the attack.

Bustamante appeared briefly before a judge on Wednesday afternoon. She sat shackled with her hands at her waist, expressionless except for a hard swallow as the judge read the charges to her.

At the hearing on Wednesday morning, a police officer testified Bustamante confessed to killing Elizabeth because she wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone.

If convicted of first-degree murder, she faces a life prison sentence with no chance of parole. The law doesn't allow her to face a death penalty because of her age.

Bustamante is is custody with no bond.

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/70376722.html

PS. read some of the comments....interesting.......
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #134 on: November 18, 2009, 05:30:14 PM »

Looking at the Photo MUGS of AB. She does not look anything like her own posted photo's (social sites) what so ever.  The pics on the social sites must be at best when she was 12, 13.
In the Mug shot, She looks older, and she also looks like she has no Soul.

Not that a Mug Shot is a determination of one's person. She looks Pale and she as well looks like she could put out a mighty blow .. meaning she looks rough and tough. More so she looks empty.
She looks just like what she is a "Convict".

Louisiana5487
Scared Monkey

« Reply #135 on: November 18, 2009, 05:30:56 PM »

Too bad Elizabeth wasn't afforded the same protection. 

Thank you all for the wonderful greetings Smile I love this place!

Deenie- Ugh, sadly that makes sense Sad I guess for legal reasons they have to make sure she stays safe but it IS hard to swallow. I can't imagine working in a prison and "making sure Alyssa was safe". That would kill me.

And Fanny Mae..you make such a great point. It is not fair that we would be paying TAX DOLLARS to give a killer special attention (that is IF they give Alyssa extra security or other things to keep her safe) They should put a picture of Elizabeth in her room so she has to go to bed every night looking into the face of that perfect little girl that she killed!

Rest in Peace, Eve Marie Carson
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #136 on: November 18, 2009, 05:31:47 PM »

Boy did murder age her.... she no longer even looks like a child... sad really.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
YourMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2009, 05:32:35 PM »

·  4 hours ago
What this article does not say is that she DUG 2 graves!! She had planned on killing one more person. Word around JC here is that it was going to be her little sister. I live in JC and there is way more to the story than what is being said here. She told the police detective that she killed her because she wanted to see what it felt like. To me that is very premeditated!

3 hours ago
She strangled this poor little girl & when that didn't work, she stabbed her & cut her throat. Now please tell me how you still do not think this should be charged with 1st degree murder?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2009, 05:39:46 PM »

DA Statement
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2009, 05:40:38 PM »

the judge indicated that Bustamante would not be held in Cole County, but didn't say where she will be held
about 1 hour ago from web

http://twitter.com/krcg

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.