March 28, 2024, 03:06:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #3 11/18/09 -  (Read 574847 times)
yorkiemom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #180 on: November 18, 2009, 06:58:35 PM »

Hello everyone,
I'm so glad she's going to be tried as an adult.    Does anyone have any information about how any of the siblings are doing?  I hope someone is keeping an eye on them.
Txsflame
Scared Monkey

UnID Murder victim

« Reply #181 on: November 18, 2009, 07:00:11 PM »

I personally think her mugshot speaks volumes.(do we know if that is todays mugshot, or the original one)  In most court cases I have seen, the defendant is dressed nicely, in "street clothes" provided by their family. I am wondering if this means even gparents have had enough... and arent supporting her at all?? Also wonder how her "mother" feels about the monster she created??  I am actually waiting for her druggy self to start bawling on TV.

I have no sympathy for Alyssa, btu I DO think her mother deserves to face charges for creating a monster...  JMHO
I gotta draw the line here.  Parents cannot be held responsible for the crimes their kids commit.  Granted, parents play a large role in how their kids turn out but sometimes even the best of parents can't stop a kid from doing bad things.  JMO

I understand your and respect ur view. I just cant help but feel had "mom" not been chasing drugs and alcohol, and no telling what else, maybe Alyssa wouldnt have been so ill.. I agree IF it can be shown that parent tried everything(as it appears gparents did) and STILL the child becomes a criminal, then the parent is not to blame, but in Alyssa's case, knowing only the little we do about the mothers history, I can only imagine the things she has seen and experienced... But innocence is not something I would associte with Alyssa mom, (or dad for that matter)

And I can understand your view as well.  However, who is to decide when enough was done?  What we do agree upon is she IS A MONSTER.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there really is such a thing as a down right EVIL person. No matter how they are raised, no matter how much they have been coddled and loved, there is EVIL in our world.

I used to not believe this. I used to think that there was goodness in everyone and that there had to be situations in their lives to make them do the things they do. But after years in the LE and just experience out in the world, EVIL is alive and well and living among us. If you don't believe it, just take a tour through these threads. And it is only getting worse everyday.

It is against my religion to feel this way, and I have struggled for many years with it. Because I feel unforgiving. But as sure as I am sitting here typing on this computer with all you monkeys, I know there is a devil, evil and Hell.  JMO

Yes I agree, I guess my main point is we have no way to know if she was born evil, or how much influence the mother had on her. If the case were she had decent parents that tried, we would then KNOW she was just bad seed.. BUT knowing who her mother is, we just dont know if she was born this way, or made to be this way.. I still say that reguardless this isnt an excuse for her, and she should get Max penalty..

Perfectly Imperfect. Imperfection is the only thinig I ever perfected!!!!

Please visit http://walkercountyjanedoe1980.webs.com

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6550.new#new
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #182 on: November 18, 2009, 07:01:39 PM »

Maybe it was for her Aunt? The one that didn't get along with her so well.

OOHH! I am sitting on my hands!!!   

C'mon FANNY  cat got your tongue?

When the time is right, I am sure we will all talk about it. Sorry for baiting you. But there really is more to come. 

Now I'm bouncing around trying to figure it out! LOL--what's more to come? I mean duh, I know there's more to the story but is there stuff that we have to wait and see that's going to come out later that's been on the web? OOOOOoooooohhhh my head is spinning now.....

I'm sorry. I really should have sat on my hands. It is just peripheral stuff about unnamed persons that may or may not have a bearing. But it was from the internet. I was not the one who found it, so I will let that monkey decide when the time is right.   

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #183 on: November 18, 2009, 07:03:55 PM »

Hello everyone,
I'm so glad she's going to be tried as an adult.    Does anyone have any information about how any of the siblings are doing?  I hope someone is keeping an eye on them.

Welcome YORKIEMOM!! 

I would really like to know that myself. As a matter of fact, there is a lot of things I would like to know that has so far been well concealed. JMO

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Txsflame
Scared Monkey

UnID Murder victim

« Reply #184 on: November 18, 2009, 07:05:21 PM »

When the time is right, I am sure we will all talk about it. Sorry for baiting you. But there really is more to come. 

Now I'm bouncing around trying to figure it out! LOL--what's more to come? I mean duh, I know there's more to the story but is there stuff that we have to wait and see that's going to come out later that's been on the web? OOOOOoooooohhhh my head is spinning now.....

I'm sorry. I really should have sat on my hands. It is just peripheral stuff about unnamed persons that may or may not have a bearing. But it was from the internet. I was not the one who found it, so I will let that monkey decide when the time is right.   

UGHHHH NO not MORE WAITING.... Come out come out whoever u are..lol. I have already chewed my nails down to nubs(and had just recently got them growing for the first time in my life)

Perfectly Imperfect. Imperfection is the only thinig I ever perfected!!!!

Please visit http://walkercountyjanedoe1980.webs.com

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6550.new#new
espresso
Scared Monkey

« Reply #185 on: November 18, 2009, 07:05:56 PM »

Okay I will respect that. Thankyou for letting me know. LOL--I will just wait it out. Maybe I'll do some sniffing on my own tomorrow when I have time. 

Cops say Stephen Spina, 36, was found stabbed to death in his apartment in Mamaroneck, New York on September 17, 2007. Killer is still at large. http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=57396 
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #186 on: November 18, 2009, 07:09:35 PM »

Blessed with a Friday off school, 15-year-old Alyssa Bustamante dug two holes in the ground to be used as a grave, authorities said. For the next week, she attended classes, all the while plotting the right time for a murder, they said.

That time arrived the evening of Oct. 21, when Bustamante strangled 9-year-old neighbor Elizabeth Olten without provocation, cut the girl's throat and stabbed her, prosecutors said. Why?

"Ultimately, she stated she wanted to know what it felt like," Missouri State Highway Patrol Sgt. David Rice testified Wednesday during a court hearing over the slaying.

Rice, who interviewed Bustamante in the days after Elizabeth's disappearance, said she confessed to investigators and led them to the fourth grader's well-concealed body in a wooded area near their neighborhood in St. Martins, a small town west of Jefferson City.

A Cole County judge ruled Wednesday that Bustamante, who has been held in Missouri's juvenile justice system, should be tried as an adult. Hours later, the teen was indicted on adult charges of first-degree murder and armed criminal action for allegedly using a knife to kill Elizabeth. A judge later entered a not guilty plea on Bustamante's behalf and referred her to the public defender's office.

The court proceedings marked the first time that the suspect in Elizabeth's death had been publicly identified since a two-day search for the girl by hundreds of volunteers. When they found Elizabeth's body Oct. 23, authorities only said that a 15-year-old had led them to it and was in custody for the slaying.

Bustamante remained largely expressionless as she sat with her hands shackled around her waist in court Wednesday. She occasionally looked down beneath the brown bangs that covered her eyes and swallowed hard as a judge read the charges against her.

On one side of the courtroom sat her mother and grandmother, who has been Bustamante's legal guardian for about half of her life. On the other side sat Elizabeth's mother, relatives and friends, several of whom wore pink — Elizabeth's favorite color.

Bustamante was ordered held without bond pending her trial. If convicted of first-degree murder, she would be sentenced to life in prison without parole.

Witnesses at Bustamante's adult certification hearing described a girl who was bright yet depressed and clever in a sometimes sneaky sort of way. She ranked in roughly the top third of her class at Jefferson City High School, the principal said, and had been in no trouble at school or with the law.

Yet Bustamante had tried to commit suicide at age 13 and had been receiving mental health treatment for depression and cutting herself, said David Cook, the chief juvenile officer in Cole County. Once, she led her family to believe she was attending a local church event when she instead sneaked off to a concert in St. Louis, about two hours away, Cook said. On one or two other occasions, Bustamante spent the night in the woods without permission, he said.

After her arrest, Bustamante tried to cut herself with her own fingernails while being held in juvenile custody, said her appointed juvenile defense attorney Kurt Valentine.

He argued Bustamante should remain in the juvenile system, where she could potentially be rehabilitated before being set free by age 21. Valentine warned that Bustamante would either kill herself or be assaulted and killed by others if she were placed in an adult jail cell or prison.

"We are throwing away the child and we are signing a death sentence for Alyssa," Valentine said. "She is not going to survive her time in the Cole County jail."

Cole County Sheriff Greg White said later that Bustamante would be held at a different, undisclosed location.

Cook recommended Bustamante be tied as an adult. Cole County Circuit Judge Jon Beetem agreed, saying the killing was vicious and that the state had no adequate facilities or services to treat Bustamante if she remained in the juvenile system.

Bill Heberle, with the Missouri Division of Youth Services, testified that the state has no secure facilities with fences for female juveniles. Youths in Missouri's juvenile system generally are housed in group settings and are not typically watched by staff 24 hours a day, he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091118/ap_on_re_us/us_missouri_girl_slain
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: November 18, 2009, 07:22:25 PM »

Cole County Sheriff Greg White said later that Bustamante would be held at a different, undisclosed location.

---------------------------------------

I wonder if they are holder her back at Prenger?

This is the link I posted today about the Prenger Family Center, where Alyssa had been held.

http://www.colecounty.org/prenger/

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #188 on: November 18, 2009, 07:34:38 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:45:37 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #189 on: November 18, 2009, 07:38:45 PM »

JEFFERSON CITY — Wearing pink ribbons in remembrance of the 9-year-old St. Martins girl killed nearly a month ago, two Jefferson City High School students watched as a classmate faced first-degree murder charges.

Alyssa Bustamante, 15, was indicted Wednesday on suspicion of killing Elizabeth Olten, 9. Bustamante was certified to stand trial as an adult.

"We went to school with Alyssa, but we're not here supporting her," said Maggie Fowler, a junior at Jefferson City High School.

On Wednesday, Cole County Circuit Judge Patricia Joyce read Bustamante the charges against her and entered a plea of not guilty on her behalf. Bustamante, her wrists shackled to her waist, told the  judge that she had yet to meet with an attorney from the Missouri State Public Defender System and was unable to pay for her own defense.

Earlier in the day, in a separate judicial proceeding before a different judge, Bustamante was certified to stand trial as an adult rather than have her case handled as a juvenile matter.

After the adult certification, a Cole County grand jury returned a two-count indictment against Bustamante for murder in the first degree and armed criminal action, according to a news release issued by Cole County Prosecuting Attorney Mark Richardson. The  prosecutor's office said Bustamante strangled, stabbed and cut Olten's throat with a knife.

Fowler's mother, Jodi Nichols, said that people were remembering Olten by wearing pink — her favorite color. Four people in pink T-shirts emblazoned with Olten's name circumscribed around a heart could be see sitting behind Richardson in the court's afternoon session. Nichols said Olten's family had been distributing the T-shirts.

Cole County Circuit Judge Jon Beetem certified Bustamante to stand trial as an adult. He ruled that the crime was vicious and that the state did not have appropriate facilities to treat Bustamante as a juvenile, according to an earlier Associated Press story.

Both Fowler and Tiffany Lucas, 16, said they were surprised at the lack of emotion Bustamante showed during the indictment.

With bangs falling over her left eye, Bustamante blinked repeatedly as Joyce read the charges. A brief lip quiver was the only outward show of emotion by Bustamante during the afternoon session.

The two teenagers in attendance said they felt Bustamante should be tried as an adult.

"If they make an adult crime, they should be considered an adult," Fowler said.

While Fowler only shared a lunch period with Bustamante, she said she took off school so she could witness the trial for herself.

Lucas said she attended because a lot of rumors have been flying around school.

"They're trying to say it's linked to a teacher who committed suicide a few weeks earlier, but it's not," Lucas said.

A Jefferson City High School teacher, Bill Currie, committed suicide the Monday after Olten's body was found. Citing student privacy laws, school spokesman David Luther would not confirm whether Bustamante was in Currie's class or if the incidents are connected.

If convicted, Bustamante faces life imprisonment without the possibility of parole.

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/stories/2009/11/18/alyssa-bustamante-face-murder-indictment-adult/

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #190 on: November 18, 2009, 07:42:22 PM »

Bustamante certified, indicted, arraigned

COLE COUNTY, MO. -- During the adult certification hearing, at which no videographer was allowed, Alyssa Bustamante was named publically for the first time. Her attorney, Kurt Valentine made an impassioned plea to leave the case with juvenile authorities.

He argued Bustamante would never survive in an adult jail or prison system, calling certification a "death sentence" for his client.

Juvenile court prosecutor Samantha Green argued that Bustamante could not be rehabilitated through any program in that system. Green became emotional when discussing murder victim Elizabeth Olten, both in court and afterward.

"I would hope that the public will remember Elizabeth for who she was, and not remember her for the crime that was committed upon her,” Green said.

In sending the case to adult court, Judge Jon Beetem ruled that the crime was serious and vicious and the state had no adequate facilities or services to treat Alyssa in the juvenile court system. County prosecutor Mark Richardson immediately brought the case to the already-seated grand jury, which returned the indictment for first-degree murder.

"After deliberation, by strangling her, cutting her throat, and stabbing her,” Richardson said.

That's as much as Richardson would say about the facts of the case. At one point in juvenile court hearing, a highway patrol investigator testified that Alyssa had dug two holes in the woods, five days before Elizabeth Olten disappeared.

Richardson said that he cannot tell us if Olten’s body was found in only one of those holes.

Because the case went to the grand jury, there is no probable cause statement for a preliminary hearing.  Such documents generally provide significant details of the crime.

"The charge in this case gives pretty much what I would expect a probable cause statement to reflect regarding the manner of the killing,” Richardson said.

If convicted, the maximum punishment faced by Bustamante is life in prison.

Missouri law does not allow people under the age of 16 who commit murder to be executed.

Circuit judge Pat Joyce would not allow photography Bustamante in the adult court hearing, because she had no legal counsel.

Valentine was appointed to defend Bustamante in juvenile court. After her case was moved to adult court, Valentine was released as her counsel.

Judge Joyce entered a not guilty plea for Bustamante and scheduled another hearing for Dec. 7.

At that time, Bustamante likely will be represented by the public defender and the status of the case will be reviewed for trial scheduling.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=379212
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: November 18, 2009, 07:43:19 PM »

It never crossed my mind that Elizabeth MAY have been in both graves until the last article.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #192 on: November 18, 2009, 07:45:21 PM »

Fanny - Your last post. It has to be within reality that we live within a society of Good and Evil. Disney - which is all based upon Good Vs Evil - Each and Every Cartoon is based upon Good and Evil - always has been. Which is life.
Good is someone that is not perfect nor has intentions of being perfect - yet has a Conscience of Right from Wrong - that has a belief system ingrained that for how ever I am as a Being - I will not " NOT" take another as victim for my own self indulgence nor pleasure. I will not take advantage of someone who is weaker than myself. I will do the opposite. Embrace and Preserve.  My works are within offering out to others, My works are clear and simple and have no motives - and wish to live as a Human being. A life long, healthy within love and positive.

Evil is someone that takes pleasure in manipulating, taking advantage of, pursuing all and any in order to get their way. They take it as almost educating themselves and move up in rank. So the next time they are more savvy ..even when caught " they are able to continue" and they will because they live and thrive on other people. They thrive on the weaknesses of others and all living creatures.  They are Evil.  Their Destiny in life has no meaning - therefore LIFE to them has no worth.  And all that come into their path are seen as " an objective " not human, nor life. Objective: Something toward which Effort is Directed. Once they find an objective and take it out - they only become stronger for it.  Could be as simple as a 6 yr old torturing for months eventually killing their pet gerbil on purpose .... Their parents never/Nor anyone to abuse nor harm them as child.

I totally believe that Some are born Evil. I though believe more that within the Human Race we have gifted people as well. People who come/born from a higher heightened place that Watch over others and will do anything in their power to protect and serve.  an angelic monkey Many I find Here.
Never to say or group others who make unwise choices in life, or have been within crossroads of life to be assumed as evil No..  We are all Human and we create mistakes, make mistakes and have failures in our lives, that though is being Human. 

Those who are truly Evil really have no way of being Redeemed. I feel that AB fits into the category of Evil. I am no one to Judge but its within my gut that AB is just what she is " Sane and Evil" Just like Casey Anthony.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #193 on: November 18, 2009, 07:45:43 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:46:08 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #194 on: November 18, 2009, 07:49:16 PM »

It never crossed my mind that Elizabeth MAY have been in both graves until the last article.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #195 on: November 18, 2009, 07:49:17 PM »

KOMU has a video up, right side of the page.  Be warned, the reporter is in the wrong profession IMO.   

http://www.komu.com/satellite/SatelliteRender/KOMU.com/ba8a4513-c0a8-2f11-0063-9bd94c70b769/07ae129e-80ce-0971-0113-e864f8522814
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: November 18, 2009, 07:49:39 PM »

OMG!!!

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #197 on: November 18, 2009, 07:52:03 PM »

Fanny - Your last post. It has to be within reality that we live within a society of Good and Evil. Disney - which is all based upon Good Vs Evil - Each and Every Cartoon is based upon Good and Evil - always has been. Which is life.
Good is someone that is not perfect nor has intentions of being perfect - yet has a Conscience of Right from Wrong - that has a belief system ingrained that for how ever I am as a Being - I will not " NOT" take another as victim for my own self indulgence nor pleasure. I will not take advantage of someone who is weaker than myself. I will do the opposite. Embrace and Preserve.  My works are within offering out to others, My works are clear and simple and have no motives - and wish to live as a Human being. A life long, healthy within love and positive.

Evil is someone that takes pleasure in manipulating, taking advantage of, pursuing all and any in order to get their way. They take it as almost educating themselves and move up in rank. So the next time they are more savvy ..even when caught " they are able to continue" and they will because they live and thrive on other people. They thrive on the weaknesses of others and all living creatures.  They are Evil.  Their Destiny in life has no meaning - therefore LIFE to them has no worth.  And all that come into their path are seen as " an objective " not human, nor life. Objective: Something toward which Effort is Directed. Once they find an objective and take it out - they only become stronger for it.  Could be as simple as a 6 yr old torturing for months eventually killing their pet gerbil on purpose .... Their parents never/Nor anyone to abuse nor harm them as child.

I totally believe that Some are born Evil. I though believe more that within the Human Race we have gifted people as well. People who come/born from a higher heightened place that Watch over others and will do anything in their power to protect and serve.  an angelic monkey Many I find Here.
Never to say or group others who make unwise choices in life, or have been within crossroads of life to be assumed as evil No..  We are all Human and we create mistakes, make mistakes and have failures in our lives, that though is being Human. 

Those who are truly Evil really have no way of being Redeemed. I feel that AB fits into the category of Evil. I am no one to Judge but its within my gut that AB is just what she is " Sane and Evil" Just like Casey Anthony.

Absolutely! Evil in everyway. I was thinking the same thing about Casey. 

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #198 on: November 18, 2009, 07:55:52 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

[/quote]

Dennie the interesting part is when I looked up the Simonsen 9th Grade Centre I was expecting a half way house or something like that.  Nope.  It is a school that is part of the Public School System.
http://www.jcps.k12.mo.us/education/school/school.php?sectionid=12

Wonder how the school board is gonna dodge this one.  It is on record now that she delved into the Goth culture while attending this school.  
[/quote]

I wonder if they have convened a "special emergency" meeting to deal with this today?  
[/quote]
I don't want to Stack - but My whole point of what I was saying is " Just what Northern/Fanny replied to "- The Media's Statement -Basically their words are Lumping Every Kid who wears Black acts Goth or Emo into AB's Personality - and that statement in the article is going to Trip out every parent that has a kid that attends that school ... UM Yep.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:46:41 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: November 18, 2009, 07:57:19 PM »

KMOV also has a video up. Samatha Green speaks to reporters and it also shows the two classmates of the Monster that were in court today.  They were handing out the red ribbons in support of Elizabeth. 

http://www.kmov.com/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.