April 26, 2024, 12:25:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #3 11/18/09 -  (Read 577198 times)
QueenieB
Scared Monkey

« Reply #540 on: November 19, 2009, 03:32:54 PM »

Hello Monkeys, this is OT and I appoligize for asking here, but this seems to be where everybody is,,,,,,I wanted to ask for advise to what I should do....I know a 15 year old boy who robbed a lady yesterday and right now Im having a conversation with this boys brother and he is telling me where he thinks the boy is running to...should I call LE and tell them what he is saying??

HigherHopes,
Just wondering, why would you NOT contact LE?  What are your concerns for not reporting this info?
Secondly, if the brother of the boy is old enough, I think I would personally tell HIM that HE needs to report what he knows to LE (with you there as moral support, if need be), and that if he doesn't YOU WILL.  LE is going to question him anyway, so it may as well come from him.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #541 on: November 19, 2009, 03:34:47 PM »

Teenager indicted in slaying of 9-year-old girl

JEFFERSON CITY — Hours after a juvenile court judge certified her to stand trial as an adult, 15-year-old Alyssa Bustamante was indicted yesterday on charges of first-degree murder and armed criminal action in the Oct. 21 death of 9-year-old Elizabeth Olten.

Cole County Circuit Judge Patricia Joyce entered a plea of not guilty on the teen’s behalf and asked the public defender’s office to review whether she qualifies for representation. The judge ordered Bustamante held without bond in the custody of the Cole County Sheriff’s Department.

The indictment alleges Bustamante killed the 9-year-old by strangling her, cutting her throat and stabbing her with a knife.

Investigators said she dug two graves four days before the murder, evidence of premeditation and cool deliberation.

David Cook, a Cole County juvenile officer, testified yesterday that, after reading notes and analysis by Bustamante’s therapists, he is not much closer to figuring out a motive for the alleged crime. “There may not be a definite diagnosis,” he said yesterday in the juvenile hearing. “It may just be something the individual wanted to do. I don’t know that there will ever necessarily be an answer.”

He said Bustamante is described in the documents as a troubled, angst-ridden teen, but not extraordinarily so. Her family life was less than ideal. Her father, Ceasar Bustamante, is serving 10 years in the Missouri Eastern Correctional Facility in Pacific for assault. Her mother, Michelle Bustamante, has had personal and legal problems, prompting a court to rule her unfit to care for her children.

Since 2002, Alyssa Bustamante has lived in St. Martins under the guardianship of her maternal grandmother, who also cares for her younger siblings. Cook said the home on Lomo Drive offered a structured environment that featured chores and family vacations to places such as Branson. Her grandparents were tough disciplinarians who didn’t hesitate to take away privileges.

Bustamante also was a good student, whose grade-point average ranked in the top 35 percent of all sophomores at Jefferson City High School. She qualified for gifted programs but had motivation problems, Cook said.

Two classmates of Bustamante who attended proceedings yesterday at the Cole County Courthouse said the girl they knew tended to wear dark eyeliner and black shirts printed with skull shapes, but they said other kids dressed similarly.

In 2007, Cook said, Bustamante attempted suicide, prompting a 10-day stay at the Mid-Missouri Mental Health Center. Follow-up treatment included a prescription for the anti-depressant Prozac and near-daily meetings with counselors. The treatment was primarily focused on her tendencies toward depression and self-mutilation — not her potential for homicidal tendencies, said Cook and Kurt Valentine, her juvenile court counsel.

A standardized test designed to evaluate Bustamante’s state of mind administered before Elizabeth Olten was killed determined that her risk for self-harm was “mild” and her tendency toward moodiness was “moderate.”
Bustamante’s posts on the Web site Twitter in the days before Oct. 21 death offer an insight to the teenager without necessarily showing a red flag. On Sept. 13, she wrote: “the world goes by my cage and never sees me.” Four days later she posted: “bad decisions make great stories.”

A video Bustamante posted on a personal Youtube site shows her touching an electric fence built to contain livestock. On the soundtrack, a girl can be heard gleefully laughing while encouraging two younger brothers to do the same. A link to the video is included in the online version of this story.

Cole County Prosecuting Attorney Mark Richardson said he will likely seek the strongest punishment available for Bustamante as a juvenile: life in prison without the possibility of parole.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2009/nov/19/teenager-indicted-in-slaying-of-9-year-old-girl/
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #542 on: November 19, 2009, 03:34:51 PM »

Sorry....I was addressing my responses to IM instead of HH as they should have been.  Got kicked off and jsut got back on.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
YourMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #543 on: November 19, 2009, 03:40:21 PM »

I highly doubted that law enforcement would let anyone from the home where the girl was last seen just take off.  So glad that was straightened out.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #544 on: November 19, 2009, 03:42:08 PM »

Bustamante Allegedly Dug Graves Before Murder

Fifteen-year-old Alyssa Bustamante aged considerably Wednesday when a Missouri judge ruled that she should be tried as an adult for allegedly strangling a 9-year-old neighbor a week after digging a grave for the girl.

The judge also entered a not guilty plea on her behalf after she was indicted on charges of first-degree murder. She is being held without bond.

The teenager had told state police that she wanted to know what the experience was like, a highway patrol officer said.

"Ultimately, she stated she wanted to know what it felt like," Missouri State Highway Patrol Sgt. David Rice testified in court Wednesday.

She also allegedly cut the girl's throat and stabbed her.

"She committed the murder after deliberation, which means cool deliberation or cool reflection on the matter for any length of time," Cole County prosecutor Mark Richardson told the court Wednesday.

Elizabeth Olten's body was found in a wooded area near her home in St. Martins Oct. 23 after the suspect led police to it, after which she was arrested, authorities said. The girl had vanished Oct. 21, but it wasn't long after that police found what Cole Country Sheriff Greg White called "written evidence" that led them to Bustamante.

If convicted, Bustamante could be sentenced to life in prison.

The suspect did not have a prior criminal record, police said

Suspect Spoke of 'Pain' and 'Terrors'
But there were signs of a troubled past.

On the teen's YouTube page, a video appears to show the suspect with her brothers purposefully shocking themselves on an electrified fence.

On what appears to be her Twitter page, her messages speak of "addiction" and "terrors."

One Tweet: "& all I want in life is a reason for all this pain."

A grim portrait of Bustamante emerged earlier based on writings on the Internet, including a YouTube profile in which "killing people" is listed under the girl's hobbies.

In court, officials said the teenager had attempted suicide in 2007 and has been taking an antidepressant ever since.

"If one of the priorities or focus of her life everyday is pain, then it would be natural to pull people into it, to inflict pain upon them," said Brad Garrett, a former FBI profiler and ABC News consultant.

Lawyer Says Suspect Is a 'Child'
Kurt Valentine, Bustamante's attorney, said the teenager had recently tried to harm herself while in custody by cutting herself with her fingernails.

Valentine had urged officials to be cautious with their judgments of the suspect.

"I would ask that they wait, that they listen to the facts as they come out and not judge quickly," Valentine said. "Learn about this person, learn about this child. You're dealing with a child."

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/bustamante-allegedly-dug-graves-murder/story?id=9121653
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #545 on: November 19, 2009, 03:45:11 PM »

<snipped>

The court documents also revealed for the first time the violence of Bustamante's alleged attack on the young girl. Court papers state the Bustamante strangled Olten, slit her throat and stabbed the girl while she was dying.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/teen-murder-suspect-alyssa-bustamanta-faces-degree-murder/story?id=9117496
QueenieB
Scared Monkey

« Reply #546 on: November 19, 2009, 03:48:26 PM »

kind of random, but I was looking at Smooth Criminal's latest MS about being a Juggalette 4 life with AlyssaApocal so I was googling around and found this...

http://alyssa-apocalypse.deviantart.com/

Do any of you think this is Alyssa B?  Kind of looks like her but Lord, all the eye liner and hair in the face and they all start looking alike to me after a while!   
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #547 on: November 19, 2009, 03:49:07 PM »

<snipped>

The court documents also revealed for the first time the violence of Bustamante's alleged attack on the young girl. Court papers state the Bustamante strangled Olten, slit her throat and stabbed the girl while she was dying.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/teen-murder-suspect-alyssa-bustamanta-faces-degree-murder/story?id=9117496

I wonder how many times she stabbed her. I think the number would point to how much rage she had. Stabbing is a very personal, up-close crime.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #548 on: November 19, 2009, 03:51:53 PM »

kind of random, but I was looking at Smooth Criminal's latest MS about being a Juggalette 4 life with AlyssaApocal so I was googling around and found this...

Do any of you think this is Alyssa B?  Kind of looks like her but Lord, all the eye liner and hair in the face and they all start looking alike to me after a while!   

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #549 on: November 19, 2009, 03:53:00 PM »

SNIPPED
Lawyer Says Suspect Is a 'Child'
Kurt Valentine, Bustamante's attorney, said the teenager had recently tried to harm herself while in custody by cutting herself with her fingernails.

Valentine had urged officials to be cautious with their judgments of the suspect.

"I would ask that they wait, that they listen to the facts as they come out and not judge quickly," Valentine said. "Learn about this person, learn about this child. You're dealing with a child."

Intellectually I know this is a defense lawyers doing what defense lawyers do. But emotionally I love to slap his ears off his head!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #550 on: November 19, 2009, 03:55:25 PM »

I would bet it is her....looks at the eyes....

Rest in Peace Caylee

nana0567
Scared Monkey

« Reply #551 on: November 19, 2009, 03:55:40 PM »

Hello Monkeys, this is OT and I appoligize for asking here, but this seems to be where everybody is,,,,,,I wanted to ask for advise to what I should do....I know a 15 year old boy who robbed a lady yesterday and right now Im having a conversation with this boys brother and he is telling me where he thinks the boy is running to...should I call LE and tell them what he is saying??

definitely yes, IMO.  We can only be responsible for what you know, but once we know something, we are definitely responsible for what we do with the information.  (if that makes sense)
I agree...you can call LE and tell them that you are reporting something you heard, and that you wish to remain anonymous.
YourMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #552 on: November 19, 2009, 03:56:05 PM »

deviantid is definately her
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #553 on: November 19, 2009, 03:56:08 PM »

The biggest picture could be her or her twin. JMO
The SCREAM pic got me.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #554 on: November 19, 2009, 03:57:35 PM »

NORTHERN ROSE, did you see this site? 

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #555 on: November 19, 2009, 03:58:22 PM »

Don't think it is the Monster.  This one has an email address that matches up with the following myspace page

http://www.myspace.com/alyssa_apoc

This one is a Sagittarius and the Monster's Birthday is in Jan. 
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #556 on: November 19, 2009, 04:00:29 PM »

Thank you Sunny, I just called LE and and officer is on his way here to read the text messages that the brother has been sending me all day.....Im sorry , maybe I shouldnt have brought it up, but these two boys are someone  I have known all their lives and I just had doubts about what I was about to do.....Thanks for answering all those that did...I have called LE and they are on the way here now....it ws a hard decission but I made it!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
QueenieB
Scared Monkey

« Reply #557 on: November 19, 2009, 04:01:33 PM »

Don't think it is the Monster.  This one has an email address that matches up with the following myspace page

OK, well thank goodness for your super sleuth skills NorthernRose!  I certainly don't want to stir the already boiling-over pot but thought it might be something. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #558 on: November 19, 2009, 04:01:47 PM »

Thank you Sunny, I just called LE and and officer is on his way here to read the text messages that the brother has been sending me all day.....Im sorry , maybe I shouldnt have brought it up, but these two boys are someone  I have known all their lives and I just had doubts about what I was about to do.....Thanks for answering all those that did...I have called LE and they are on the way here now....it ws a hard decission but I made it!
I'm sure it was HH, glad you made the call.
QueenieB
Scared Monkey

« Reply #559 on: November 19, 2009, 04:06:02 PM »

After checking out that MS, the similarities are EERIE...she even "goes to Jefferson"!  Must be another Jefferson.  Crazy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.