April 25, 2024, 02:39:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #3 11/18/09 -  (Read 577056 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #720 on: November 20, 2009, 01:56:51 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 07:43:48 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #721 on: November 20, 2009, 01:59:10 PM »

Mo. teen murder suspect seeks mental care

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. — The attorney for a teenager accused of killing a 9-year-old Missouri girl says his client should be sent to a psychiatric hospital.

A judge had not approved the move as of noon Friday, though a draft order had been submitted by the public defender Thursday as part of the case file.

Fifteen-year-old Alyssa Bustamante has been held at the Morgan County jail after being indicted Wednesday on charges of first-degree murder and armed criminal action in the Oct. 21 death of Elizabeth Olten.

Authorities say Bustamante strangled, stabbed and cut Elizabeth's throat because she wanted to know what it felt like to kill. They say Bustamante led them to Elizabeth's body two days later in a wooded area near their homes in St. Martins, near Jefferson City.

(This version CORRECTS that the suspect has not been sent to a psychiatric hospital, but that a judge is considering a defense attorney's request to send her there.)   

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/all/6731313.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #722 on: November 20, 2009, 02:02:59 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 07:45:00 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #723 on: November 20, 2009, 02:19:13 PM »

Atty seeks psych care for Mo. teen murder suspect

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. — A teenager accused of killing a 9-year-old neighbor should be sent to a psychiatric hospital because she shows signs of severe depression and anxiety, her attorney said.

A judge had not approved the move as of noon Friday, though a draft order calling for a 96-hour stay at the Fulton State Hospital had been submitted by the public defender Thursday and was included in the case file.

Alyssa Bustamante, 15, has been held at the Morgan County jail after being indicted Wednesday as an adult on charges of first-degree murder and armed criminal action for the Oct. 21 death of Elizabeth Olten.

Authorities say Bustamante strangled, stabbed and cut Elizbeth's throat because she wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone. They say Bustamante confessed and led them to Elizabeth's body two days later in a wooded area near their homes in St. Martins, just west of Jefferson City.

During a court hearing Wednesday, a juvenile justice officer testified that Bustamante had attempted suicide two years ago and had received both inpatient and outpatient mental health treatment for depression and cutting herself. Her juvenile defense attorney said Bustamante also had attempted to cut herself with her own fingernails while being held in juvenile custody after Elizabeth's death.

Public defender Jan King cited the previous suicide attempt in a court document Thursday while stating that Bustamante was "demonstrating signs of severe depression and anxiety" and had been under a suicide watch at the jail.

Bustamante needs "immediate psychological treatment" to "assess her current mental state and to prevent the possibility that she may harm herself," King said in the motion requesting her transfer.

A not guilty plea was entered by a judge on Bustamante's behalf during her initial appearance Wednesday in adult court. If Bustamante is convicted of first-degree murder, she would face a sentence of life in prison without parole.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j0daWk3sRLzLhXktLIXEETYccUTwD9C3E6OG0
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #724 on: November 20, 2009, 02:29:55 PM »

Have I completely lost it, but didn't we find a teenage juvenile BOY who had been certified an adult and tried for murder in the Missouri area? I wonder why they are saying they are in "unchartered waters?" Because she is "this particular girl?"

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Shinju
Scared Monkey

« Reply #725 on: November 20, 2009, 02:36:40 PM »

Have I completely lost it, but didn't we find a teenage juvenile BOY who had been certified an adult and tried for murder in the Missouri area? I wonder why they are saying they are in "unchartered waters?" Because she is "this particular girl?"

This is "uncharted waters" because Missouri hasn't had to this for a female (I believe) and also I believe there are no correctional facilities for juvenile females that have been certified adults for murder.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #726 on: November 20, 2009, 02:47:52 PM »

O/T...Klaas we are trapped in the Caylee thread.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
KarenK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #727 on: November 20, 2009, 02:56:59 PM »

FOX NEWS (ugh) lol
Doing a report on missed warning signs about Alyssa next few minutes
nana0567
Scared Monkey

« Reply #728 on: November 20, 2009, 03:02:07 PM »

FOX NEWS (ugh) lol
Doing a report on missed warning signs about Alyssa next few minutes

Hi Karen, do you know if that's local fox news or national? Thanks
KarenK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #729 on: November 20, 2009, 03:03:02 PM »

National satellite/cable
nana0567
Scared Monkey

« Reply #730 on: November 20, 2009, 03:04:52 PM »

National satellite/cable
Thankyou...I'm going to turn on the tv and see if I can find out anything. Have a great day!
KarenK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #731 on: November 20, 2009, 03:08:53 PM »

Typical they had trailer at about 2:58 and said in 3 minutes. It is almost 10 minutes later and nothing. They had her mugshort pics up.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #732 on: November 20, 2009, 03:11:35 PM »

This is "uncharted waters" because Missouri hasn't had to this for a female (I believe) and also I believe there are no correctional facilities for juvenile females that have been certified adults for murder.

And she is the "only girl" that has ever been certified as an adult in the state of Missouri for a criminal act? I find that hard to believe. JMO

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Shinju
Scared Monkey

« Reply #733 on: November 20, 2009, 03:23:29 PM »

And she is the "only girl" that has ever been certified as an adult in the state of Missouri for a criminal act? I find that hard to believe. JMO

Juvenile system has nowhere for her to go since she is charged with murder 1. they can't keep her safe from herself/other inmates. When a boy does this they put him into an adult correctional facility in a division just for minors (typically all have violent acts on their record). The prisons for women have no area like this. they try to keep the minor seperated because they are more likely to be sexually abused by guards and other inmates.
KarenK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #734 on: November 20, 2009, 03:31:37 PM »

Shinju I sometimes wonder what side you are on.  You mean "young boys" can't also be abused by inmates and guards?   This "poor" girl needs special protection more than a boy?  I don't think so.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #735 on: November 20, 2009, 03:55:17 PM »

Shinju I sometimes wonder what side you are on.  You mean "young boys" can't also be abused by inmates and guards?   This "poor" girl needs special protection more than a boy?  I don't think so.

Look up what her Monkey name means...

KarenK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #736 on: November 20, 2009, 03:57:02 PM »

I apologize Shinju. Didn't read your post properly. So there is a minor jail for males?  How does that protect them though from violence or sexual abuse?  I think males are more prone to be abused by fellow inmates than are female just by nature.   A 15 year old is not a "child" in my opinion. Most 11 and 12 year old girls these days are like 18 year olds from my generation. They are savvy and smarter than we were. Alyssa was an honor student.   I think she did know right from wrong.  How could she expect though to get away with it? That is the defect in her psyche.

I don't know what to say, but I feel she will never be normal and can never be trusted in society again.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #737 on: November 20, 2009, 03:59:09 PM »

Juvenile system has nowhere for her to go since she is charged with murder 1. they can't keep her safe from herself/other inmates. When a boy does this they put him into an adult correctional facility in a division just for minors (typically all have violent acts on their record). The prisons for women have no area like this. they try to keep the minor seperated because they are more likely to be sexually abused by guards and other inmates.

There are no facilities in the whole state of Missouri for juvenile females that are deemed adults? How backward is Missouri? Cole County is the home of the capital of Missouri. Not like it is the boon docks. And not like they haven't had their share of crime by juveniles. This is 2009 and crime is rampant. JC is not Mayberry. Sounds to me like someone needs a fire built under them. JMO

Shinju
Scared Monkey

« Reply #738 on: November 20, 2009, 04:00:16 PM »

I was answering why it's uncharted water. When a juvenile goes to an adult male facility there is a special cell block that is filled with fellow minors to help protect him from older inmates and SOME of the abuse from guards. There is no special cell block for female minors in missouri, thus it is uncharted water because she is more likely to be raped by guards and other inmates. In addition, she will be placed into the cell block that specifically contains physically bigger adult murders, thus putting her at a much greater risk of being abused (physically and sexually).  The juvenile system has made it clear their facilities can not hold or help her.

I'm not saying she deserves more protection, I'm just stating that the same protection does not exist.  I'm not even sure if she deserves the same protection.
Shinju
Scared Monkey

« Reply #739 on: November 20, 2009, 04:03:38 PM »

I was answering why it's uncharted water. When a juvenile goes to an adult male facility there is a special cell block that is filled with fellow minors to help protect him from older inmates and SOME of the abuse from guards. There is no special cell block for female minors in missouri, thus it is uncharted water because she is more likely to be raped by guards and other inmates. In addition, she will be placed into the cell block that specifically contains physically bigger adult murders, thus putting her at a much greater risk of being abused (physically and sexually).  The juvenile system has made it clear their facilities can not hold or help her.

I'm not saying she deserves more protection, I'm just stating that the same protection does not exist.  I'm not even sure if she deserves the same protection.

Actually now that I think about it, I'm a fan of throwing her in with the other murders and convicts convicted of violent crimes. Maybe she'll get what she deserves in there.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.