March 18, 2024, 11:14:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #3 11/18/09 -  (Read 574161 times)
KarenK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #620 on: November 19, 2009, 09:03:15 PM »

Joy Behar Show  NOW  Nancy Grace
about this case!!!!
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #621 on: November 19, 2009, 10:09:10 PM »

Slaying suspect said hobby was 'killing people'

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. — On an Internet site, 15-year-old Alyssa Bustamante listed her hobbies as "killing people" and "cutting." It may have sounded like a teenage exaggeration, but authorities say she fulfilled her words.

Even as new details emerge about the teenager charged with killing 9-year-old Elizabeth Olten, many facts about the crime continued to be kept secret Thursday — and may never be released by authorities unless Bustamante goes to trial for murder.

Bustamante, who had been in juvenile custody since leading police to Elizabeth's body Oct. 23, was certified Wednesday as an adult and indicted on charges of first-degree murder and armed criminal action. She is accused of strangling Elizabeth, cutting her throat and stabbing her.

Online court records showed Thursday that a public defender assigned to represent Bustamante filed a motion seeking to have her placed in a state hospital for immediate mental health treatment.

On a YouTube profile viewed by The Associated Press, which has since been taken down, Bustamante listed her hobbies as "killing people" and "cutting." A year ago, Bustamante posted a video to the site in which she appears to intentionally shock herself on an electric fence near her home, then goads her two younger brothers into doing the same.

In court Wednesday, juvenile justice officials testified that Bustamante attempted to commit suicide in 2007 and had been receiving mental health treatment for depression and cutting herself.

A police officer testified that Bustamante confessed to digging two holes to be used as a grave, then killing Elizabeth five days later without provocation because she wanted to know what it felt like.

But repeated objections by Bustamante's juvenile justice attorney prevented the police officer from explaining why two holes were dug. Cole County prosecutor Mark Richardson also has declined to elaborate.

"I know that, but I cannot go into those details right now," Richardson said.

Asked if he could say whether Elizabeth's body was found in only one of those holes, Richardson paused for several seconds and again replied: "No, I can't tell you that right now."

Richardson similarly declined to explain what the sheriff meant when he said last month that the investigation was aided by "some written evidence." The Cole County sheriff's office did not immediately return a call Thursday.

Those kinds of details might normally be included in a probable cause statement from sheriff's deputies or police as a basis for a prosecutor to file charges. But in Bustamante's case, there is no probable cause statement in the court file, because she was instead indicted by a grand jury.

Greater details of the crime also are included in Bustamante's juvenile court records, but those will remain closed under state law, said Cole County Juvenile Court Administrator Michael County.

No further details are expected to emerge at a Dec. 7 status hearing in Bustamante's case. It could be months, maybe even a year, before a trial at which witnesses would be called to explain the details and circumstances of the crime. But no trial — or testimony — would occur if Bustamante were to plead guilty to a charge.

Although he did not rule it out, Richardson said he wasn't inclined to agree to a plea on a charge of anything less than first-degree murder, which carries a sentence of life in prison without parole.

"Because of the nature of the case, there is not a lot of room to enter into pleas," he said.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j0daWk3sRLzLhXktLIXEETYccUTwD9C2TTJG0

So, it wasn't a "mistake" or "misreporting" by a reporter that Richardson said he could not say if Elizabeth was buried in one grave. It was what was said. It speaks VOLUMES to me! Dear God in Heaven. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #622 on: November 19, 2009, 10:10:50 PM »

about this case!!!!

Thanks. But sorry. I wouldn't watch Joy Behar's show if my deceased mother was on her show. JMO

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

YourMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #623 on: November 19, 2009, 10:17:51 PM »

about this case!!!!

Thanks. But sorry. I wouldn't watch Joy Behar's show if my deceased mother was on her show. JMO

You are my new BFF.  I hate Joy Behar with every ounce of my body.
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #624 on: November 19, 2009, 10:45:05 PM »

about this case!!!!

Cannot.stand.Joy.Behar!
bigmoney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #625 on: November 19, 2009, 10:49:20 PM »

New Footnote:

A previous version of this story referenced Alyssa Bustamante being admitted to Hawthorn Children's Psychiatric Hospital on Wednesday, Oct. 21, that date was referenced during court testimony; however, juvenile court officials clarified that date to Saturday, Oct. 24.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=379297
So with that error now being taken care of, and that was quite a big error, perhaps the grandparents were helping LE not hindering anything.

yes, that changes a lot.

If she wasnt taken to a psych hospitol on Wednesday October 21st, I wonder why she didnt make it to school on Thursday.  Just a thought to throw out there.
KarenK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #626 on: November 19, 2009, 11:03:31 PM »

You didn't miss anything. No new details.  Do I detect a political bias on this site?  I hope not.   
bigmoney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #627 on: November 19, 2009, 11:07:40 PM »

kind of random, but I was looking at Smooth Criminal's latest MS about being a Juggalette 4 life with AlyssaApocal so I was googling around and found this...

http://alyssa-apocalypse.deviantart.com/

Do any of you think this is Alyssa B?  Kind of looks like her but Lord, all the eye liner and hair in the face and they all start looking alike to me after a while!   
I do not believe that is her. jmo
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #628 on: November 19, 2009, 11:08:00 PM »

You didn't miss anything. No new details.  Do I detect a political bias on this site?  I hope not.   

There is a political discussion thread as politics stay out of the missing persons forums.
Never been there myself as I am from Canada.
YourMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #629 on: November 19, 2009, 11:10:40 PM »

What did I miss????? I didn't see anything about politics posted on here....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
tomsmith99
Scared Monkey

« Reply #630 on: November 19, 2009, 11:30:12 PM »

Thankyou so much everyone! I will make sure I do that. Hopefully, something may come out of it.

About the daycare getting closed that friday--Wasn't it Tom Smith that had said that the sign was down for a couple of months before that?

Just to clarify a few things, the sign for the day care has been down for a few months, not sure they have closed. Karen is still watching some children in the house, as of Tuesday this week. I have witnessed someone picking and dropping off their kids up to a few days ago. Kind of crazy why in the he!! someone would let her watch their kids.

KarenK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #631 on: November 19, 2009, 11:32:33 PM »

It may have been my misunderstanding. Several posters stated they would not watch Joy Behar and I figured it was her political persuasion.  an angelic monkey
bigmoney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #632 on: November 19, 2009, 11:34:29 PM »

Interesting. Thanks!
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #633 on: November 19, 2009, 11:35:18 PM »

What did I miss????? I didn't see anything about politics posted on here....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Fanny and New, my feeling about Joy have nothing to do with politics.  I just really do not care for her at all and will not watch her ever.

tomsmith99
Scared Monkey

« Reply #634 on: November 19, 2009, 11:39:43 PM »

As far as the GPs going to STL on Oct 21 Weds night, I think that was a typo on the date, I bet it was LE taking her their Saturday Oct 24. It was my understanding AB went to school Thurs. but was caught outside with her BF that morning by a school counsler.

I really don't think LE focused on the neighbor (AB) until later Thursday or Friday morning. As close as Elizabeth's house is to a major highway, everyone thought it was an obduction case at first, not a murder, thus no reason to 'watch' the Brooke's home.

Shinju
Scared Monkey

« Reply #635 on: November 19, 2009, 11:44:36 PM »

Thankyou so much everyone! I will make sure I do that. Hopefully, something may come out of it.

About the daycare getting closed that friday--Wasn't it Tom Smith that had said that the sign was down for a couple of months before that?

Just to clarify a few things, the sign for the day care has been down for a few months, not sure they have closed. Karen is still watching some children in the house, as of Tuesday this week. I have witnessed someone picking and dropping off their kids up to a few days ago. Kind of crazy why in the he!! someone would let her watch their kids.

I don't really Karen, but IMO you can't judge parenting ability based of what a child did. Lord knows my parents were great, but I managed to do illegal crap (not quite as bad as murder) without them knowing, and I did it because I wanted to try new things. Depending on how all the other children (and KNP) are, it is likely that I would continue to let her raise my kids while I was at work.

JMHO
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #636 on: November 19, 2009, 11:53:21 PM »

New Footnote:

A previous version of this story referenced Alyssa Bustamante being admitted to Hawthorn Children's Psychiatric Hospital on Wednesday, Oct. 21, that date was referenced during court testimony; however, juvenile court officials clarified that date to Saturday, Oct. 24.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=379297
So with that error now being taken care of, and that was quite a big error, perhaps the grandparents were helping LE not hindering anything.

yes, that changes a lot.

If she wasnt taken to a psych hospitol on Wednesday October 21st, I wonder why she didnt make it to school on Thursday.  Just a thought to throw out there.

I'm still wondering about Friday too. The Friday before was a holiday, so was there another on the next Friday, or did she go to school?

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #637 on: November 19, 2009, 11:54:39 PM »

Because we are talking about Joy Behar? 

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #638 on: November 19, 2009, 11:56:23 PM »

It may have been my misunderstanding. Several posters stated they would not watch Joy Behar and I figured it was her political persuasion.  an angelic monkey

She grates my nerves with her snide attitude. Is that political?

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #639 on: November 19, 2009, 11:59:23 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys

I was lurking and as well poking around the internet. That Northern had posted earlier that "maybe" some info could be found on AB's Grandparents.
Karen S. Brooke Grandma of AB

Has anyone seen these court docs? It is a court case with AB's Grandmother for her to gain custody of Minor Child " I don't think I can put the name out" Idk.
The case is against Michelle B and Ceaser B, ( AB's parents) that Grandmother is taking guardianship of their female Child. But it is NOT AB and it is a female minor.

Case was in 07.  Here is the Link: https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/nameSearch.do

click on the blue     07AC-PR00029 
and go to Dockets Entries.
Then click on Find ( which is searching all Dates)
Then 6 pages of info will come up about the case itself.
I don't understand Who this is ? Does AB have another sister ( Minor) or is this AB's original name.   

snipped from page 4 of docket:

05/15/2007 - Hearing Held
   Petitioner in person and by counsel Browning. GAL Snider appears as well. Evidence adduced. Court records to be amended to reflect minors name is XXXXXXXXXX. Court finds that minor is in need of guardianship and natural parents are unwilling, unfit or anable to serve in that capacity. Petitioner is appointed as guardian for the minor child. GAL awarded fees of $ 150.00, same taxed to Petitioner as costs. Letters to issue

Maybe you all have found this info already. I don't understand Who this said could be?
I am confused.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.