March 28, 2024, 02:40:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #3 11/18/09 -  (Read 574798 times)
Peace
Scared Monkey

« Reply #800 on: November 21, 2009, 11:34:17 AM »

Antidepressant Suicide Warning for Teens
Teens on Antidepressants:
Red Flags To Watch Out For

Call a doctor if you notice…

* New or more thoughts of suicide
    * Trying to commit suicide
    * New or worse depression
    * New or worse anxiety
    * Feeling very agitated or restless
    * Panic attacks
    * Difficulty sleeping (insomnia)
    * New or worse irritability
    * Acting aggressive, being angry, or violent
    * Acting on dangerous impulses
    * Being extremely hyperactive in actions and talking (hypomania or mania)
    * Other unusual changes in behavior

Source: FDA

Antidepressant medications may increase the risk of suicidal thinking and behavior in some teenagers. All antidepressants are required by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to carry a “black box” warning label about this risk in children and adolescents. In May 2007, the FDA recommended that the warning be expanded to include young adults from ages 18 to 24. The risk of suicide is particularly great during the first one to two months of antidepressant treatment.

Certain young adults are at an even greater risk for suicide when taking antidepressants, including teens with bipolar disorder, a family history of bipolar disorder, or a history of previous suicide attempts.

Teenagers on antidepressants should be closely monitored for any sign that the depression is getting worse. Warning signs include new or worsening symptoms of agitation, irritability, or anger. Unusual changes in behavior are also red flags

Unfortunately, no counselor or family member was watching her myspace pages or youtube videos. The red flags were certainly there.

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
Mohandas Gandhi
KarenK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #801 on: November 21, 2009, 11:45:09 AM »

I don't know the boyfriends last name or first name lol. There have been some initials thrown around but I'm not sure if anyone was postively id'ed as the BF. If someone knows anything hopefully they'll throw out some hints for us.

TS and I gave you the strongest hints possible.  Don't know what else to say. Check her MS friends.
It is not for certain this is the one but it points to him as the only male that close to A. However he has nothing that stands out in his profiles. Seems normal on the net.
Peace
Scared Monkey

« Reply #802 on: November 21, 2009, 12:23:22 PM »

I don't mean to hijack this topic, but as I have been more fully researching this today, the more I am realizing, and feel the need to share. I had no idea that these drugs were a common factor in all of these violent acts of youths. This is a Fox news report. WTH?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY0IPcTO8lM&feature=related

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
Mohandas Gandhi
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #803 on: November 21, 2009, 01:27:54 PM »

mixologist74 
Registered User   Join Date: Nov 2009

According to my source, Alyssa was transferred to Biggs as of last night. Prior to that, she was in the female pod in general population, BUT under lockdown away from other inmates. 
 From WS
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #804 on: November 21, 2009, 01:31:36 PM »

I don't know the boyfriends last name or first name lol. There have been some initials thrown around but I'm not sure if anyone was postively id'ed as the BF. If someone knows anything hopefully they'll throw out some hints for us.

TS and I gave you the strongest hints possible.  Don't know what else to say. Check her MS friends.
It is not for certain this is the one but it points to him as the only male that close to A. However he has nothing that stands out in his profiles. Seems normal on the net.

I had the BF narrowed down to two , DM being one of them.  He seems pretty normal, lots about his love for a marshall art and he was really good at it.  I am still not positive that the bf is DM as there has not been anything that points directly at him.  The Gunsmoke clue was excellent.  First part of last name rhymes with glad.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #805 on: November 21, 2009, 01:32:57 PM »

Online boast is dead serious

I'm Alyssa & I like 'killing people'

Alyssa Bustamante bragged on YouTube that she liked "killing people."

But no one thought much of the 15-year-old's sick boasts until she allegedly acted on them one dark day -- strangling, stabbing and slitting the throat of a 9-year-old neighbor because she "wanted to know what it felt like," she chillingly told cops.

The twisted Missouri teen lured little Elizabeth Olten to her death on Oct. 21, even digging two graves in preparation five days before the murder, according to authorities.

Bustamante led cops to the body on Oct. 23, authorities said, but refused to disclose whether the remains were in one or both of the graves.

The stunning crime has rocked tiny St. Martins, where the girls lived, and left residents wondering how even someone as troubled as Bustamante could slip so deeply into evil.

The dark picture of the teen emerged Wednesday during a Jefferson City court proceeding, where a judge ruled she would be tried as an adult for first-degree murder.

Officials testified that Bustamante tried to kill herself in 2007, leading to a 10-day stay in a mental-health center. She had also been getting treatment for depression and for cutting herself, according to the testimony.

Bustamante was being raised by her strict grandparents because her dad, Ceasar, is serving a 10-year sentence for assault and her mother, Michelle, has been beset by her own legal and personal difficulties.

Although she is an above-average student who qualified for gifted programs, Bustamante cultivated her sinister image by dressing in black shirts adorned with skull shapes and posting troubling messages and videos on the Internet.

In a YouTube video that Bustamante posted on her personal site, she is seen touching an electric fence used for livestock and laughingly encouraging her two little brothers to touch it as well and get shocked.

"The world goes by my cage and never sees me," Bustamante wrote in a Sept. 13 Twitter posting.

"Bad decisions make great stories," she wrote five days later -- a month before Elizabeth was killed.

She also made a YouTube video in which she said "killing people" and "cutting" were her hobbies.

Bustamante has tried to cut herself with her fingernails since being taken into custody.

Her attorney on Thursday asked a judge to send Bustamante to a psychiatric hospital, saying she needs "immediate psychological treatment [to] assess her current mental state and to prevent the possibility that she may harm herself."

A judge had yet to rule on that request yesterday.

If convicted, Bustamante would face life in prison without parole.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/alyssa_like_killing_people_MRcFYfQcM3mthRRLbtE3EI
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #806 on: November 21, 2009, 03:24:28 PM »

Biggs Forensic Center

The Biggs Forensic Center at Fulton State Hospital is unique in that it is the only maximum-security setting within the Missouri Department of Mental Health. Although it is a part of Fulton State Hospital, it is not confined to Fulton's service area of 31 counties, but rather its service area is the entire state.

Biggs is a 223 bed maximum-security psychiatric treatment facility, offering a variety of inpatient treatment services to male and female patients who have historically demonstrated dangerous behavior(s) toward others in combination with a serious psychiatric and/or personality disorder. These highly specialized services include pretrial evaluations and restoration to competency training as well as a number of treatment programs designed to serve those individuals committed for care and treatment. For those patients committed for treatment, the desired goal is progressive movement from a highly structured setting to the less restricted living situations found in Guhleman, Adult Services, or other Department of Mental Health facilities. In this manner, the patients are given the opportunity to move through a system specifically designed to provide them with an increased emphasis on demonstrated acceptable standards of social and behavioral responsibility. Treatment programs within Biggs include Social Learning, Cognitive Behavioral Rehabilitation, Aggression Management, Psychiatric Rehabilitation, Competency Restoration, and Pre-Trial Evaluations.

The Biggs Building also includes 42 beds (30 male, 12 female) which are operated jointly by the Department of Mental Health and Department of Corrections (Biggs Correctional Treatment Unit). DOC admits inmates in need of psychiatric services within a secure setting. These treatment services are provided by Biggs staff.

http://www.dmh.missouri.gov/fulton/treat.htm
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #807 on: November 21, 2009, 03:27:11 PM »

Workers feel unsafe at Biggs Unit

Workers say patient attacks on staff members commonplace

By Ladd Egan
Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 10:27 p.m.

FULTON --
Missouri has only one maximum-security detention facility for those deemed criminally insane.  It's called the Biggs Forensic Unit, it's part of the Fulton State Mental Hospital.  Earlier this month an employee was severely beaten by a patient at the end of a hallway inside Biggs.  He was hospitalized with numerous facial fractures.  After our report, those inside this building came to us asking for help in exposing what they call a dangerous environment for workers.  But in Thursday's FactFinder investigation, KRCG's Ladd Egan explains why even telling their story makes many uneasy.

While waiting across the street from Biggs we were told to leave.  Three police cars quickly showed up, but in the end, the police told the guard we could stay to find out more.

Andrew Dunning says a patient attack left him unable to work.  He says patient violence towards staff happened all the time.

"Every day one of us is going to get hurt.  And it's just no telling when it's going to be me," says Dunning.

I stopped by the union that represents Biggs' workers.

"Would this be the most dangerous place for workers that you know of?" I asked Jeffery Mazure, AFSCME Union Representative.

"Looking purely statistically, that for our workers...we represent workers across the State of Missouri...this is far and away the most dangerous institution where we have mental health employees working," says Mazure.

There are 12 psychiatric treatment facilities in the state.  So far this year there have been 95 incidents of patient caused staff injuries requiring more than first aid.  The Biggs Unit alone accounts for over a third of those injuries.

But, while Dunning worked at Biggs, he says all the incidents weren't reported.

"You're supposed to report it, but in all reality, it's just part of your job," says Dunning.  "They tell you when you first get hired on it's going to happen eventually," he continues.

In talking with the operating officer of the Fulton State Hospital, I was told while all violent incidents are unfortunate, some are to be expected.  And when I went higher up, I was told the same by Dr. Joe Parks oversees the Fulton Hospital.

"I don't think that we will ever prevent all violence from occuring in this type of patient...in this type of setting.  These are people who are sent to us by the courts because they literally cannot be managed any place else.  These are very difficult people to work with and I think we can reduce...we can always do better, but I don't think we're going to eliminate this entirely," says Dr. Parks.

I spoke with a current employee who says he would get fired for talking to us.  (We hid his identity when this story aired.)

"Staff are obviously...they don't feel safe?" I asked him.

"They're not safe.  They're human punching bags, that's what they are," he says.

"Do you think any time you should expect to be punched while you're working?" I asked Mazure.

"Of course not.  For anybody to think that we simply can't do anything about keeping these facilities safer is defeatist and wrong and it fails the clients, it fails the workers, and it fails the taxpayers," says Mazure.

Employees say they feel at risk because overcrowding and understaffing.  Employees also say they feel vulnerable after the hospital did away with the use of restraints a couple of years ago.

"The bulk of injuries that occur nationally, really, in psychiatric hospitals are during incidents of seclusion and restraint...where we attempt to gain physical control of somebody.  That's where the actual injuries occur," says Dr. Parks.

Employees also complain that the patients inside Biggs are allowed to roam free.  But the Department of Mental Health says Biggs' classification as a hospital doesn't let them detain patients in cells.

Hospital administrators want more money to pay workers inside Biggs more than those working in lower security buildings.  They hope higher wages will stop the high turnover rate and even compensate for the volitile environment.

But that budget item didn't get funded this past legislative session.  Even if it passes next year, employees will have to wait until 2009 to see a difference in their paychecks.

When we asked Fulton State Hospital's operating officer about overcrowding at Biggs, she told us it is over census, but refused to say by how much.  The worker attacked earlier this month is still recovering.  The hospital is holding a benefit lunch for him Friday, August 31st.  It's in the Biggs parking lot from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.  Biggs is located at 600 East 5th Street, Fulton, MO.  The public is invited.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=47989

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #808 on: November 21, 2009, 03:29:35 PM »

Bustamante's friend speaks out

JEFFERSON CITY -- Alyssa Bustamante's friends paint a picture of a kind, funny, social teen - not someone capable of premeditated murder.

"Before all this she was a different person," said a close friend of Bustamante who didn't want to be identified. "This wasn't how I knew her."

Bustamante's friend knew her from church and junior high and said she liked to write poems and liked to joke around.

"She was always so sweet and everybody loved her, she was just amazing," she said. "Who can really, honestly believe their friend would be a murderer?"

Who is Alyssa Bustamante?

Alyssa Bustamante, at her core, seems to be torn between two worlds. She never missed class, was an A and B student and friends say she was talkative, social and liked to meet new people.

Online, though, she rebelled. On Twitter, she said she hated authority and wrote: "Bad decisions make great stories." On YouTube, she listed her hobbies as "killing people" and "cutting."

Bustamante was being treated for cutting herself, according to court testimony. It's something her friends say was a cry for attention but not something she openly talked about.

"It's not like she kept it private," her friend remembered about Bustamante's cutting. "People would see her wrist. She'd just be like 'Oh well it's whatever' and kind of laugh it off. She really didn't seem to care much about herself."

Bustamante also wrestled with depression, trying to kill herself in September 2007. She spent 10 days at the Mid-Missouri Mental Health hospital and has had treatment ever since.

"Well she was obviously on the anti-depressants," her friend said. "We would always go upstairs and she'd be like, 'I have to take my medicine.'"

Since Bustamante's arrest, she's been treated again for scratching her arms with her fingernails and threatening to harm herself.

'Not the Alyssa that I knew'

Her friend says reaction at the school has been "shocked and confused and crazy."

"Everybody's spreading rumors and things are going on everywhere," she said. "But I think people are trying to find an answer, trying to find some way to explain it. And basically just try to understand but there is no explanation, really."

Bustamante's friend says the murder, and the fact that her friend is a suspect, has been hard to comprehend. She's left class crying on occasion and says the school has been helpful in providing counseling and support.

She showed us an oversized colorful red jacket with cats and dogs on it that Bustamante left at her house. It was this playful side of Bustamante that her friend knew, not the portrait of an accused child killer.

"Before this, before all this, she was a normal 15-year-old girl," her friend said. "This really isn't her. This was not the Alyssa that I knew."

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=380391

Trish been talking to the media some more?   
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #809 on: November 21, 2009, 03:32:57 PM »

A Bleak Outlook for Public Defenders

JEFFERSON CITY - The Missouri Bar Association heard Friday about a report that states Missouri's public defender system is on the "brink of collapse."

One member of the Public Defenders Commission said the state must act now.

More than 400 lawyers crowded into the Missouri Ballroom for the Missouri Bar Association's fall committee meeting, much like case files crowded into a long row of filing cabinets. This glut of cases is central to the problem public defenders in Missouri face.

"What they found, in relationship to other standards, was that we were way out of whack," Doug Copeland of the Public Defenders' Commission said.

The board of governors heard results of a study that said the state's defenders aren't able to keep their heads above water.

"Looking forward is rather bleak," Copeland said. "Obviously, we're back into a cycle of there not being a lot of resources that are available to the state."

It's the underwhelming economy that is causing public defenders to be overwhelmed. Low state revenue has ruled out adding more defenders to the system. Most are working more than the recommended number of hours - some as much as 100% more. Without the money to fix the system, the meeting was to bring the public defenders up to speed and give a report of the current status.

Copeland still calls the public defenders a good system, expressing hope for the future of the program.

The report suggested decriminalizing minor crimes that don't typically result in jail time. This would cut the number of cases public defenders must handle.

http://www.komu.com/satellite/SatelliteRender/KOMU.com/ba8a4513-c0a8-2f11-0063-9bd94c70b769/13deb4f0-80ce-0971-0057-0feb15c350ae
Shinju
Scared Monkey

« Reply #810 on: November 21, 2009, 05:58:53 PM »

On the topic of who alyssa's boyfriend is...

I ran into a guy that I graduated with today, and he told me (over the course of a two hour convo) one of his cousins was distraught that he was dating alyssa when she did this. I know he is a minor so I can't give out his name, but his intials are D.N.

I've been trying to find his name online for a for about 20 minutes but can't. However, I do know that D.N. is about 16 and goes to JCHS (I had met him once before a while me and my friend were in HS)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #811 on: November 21, 2009, 06:13:23 PM »

I ran into a guy that I graduated with today, and he told me (over the course of a two hour convo) one of his cousins was distraught that he was dating alyssa when she did this. I know he is a minor so I can't give out his name, but his intials are D.N.

I've been trying to find his name online for a for about 20 minutes but can't. However, I do know that D.N. is about 16 and goes to JCHS (I had met him once before a while me and my friend were in HS)

Did you mean D.M. ? 
Txsflame
Scared Monkey

UnID Murder victim

« Reply #812 on: November 21, 2009, 06:14:38 PM »

I just did a quick search of employee injuries at Texas Mental inst  equivalent of Briggs, and found NOTA. Those reports are scary for workers.  I also believe it is ridiculous for the state not to "fix" things, in the mental hospitals. It is very disturbing to me. I worked in corrections for five years, my grandparents and great grand parents all worked corrections (all in Texas) Texas is one of the most under staffed prsion systems national, due mostly to the massive amounts of prisons we have state wide. Yes in Texas we do have employee injury, but I would wager a bet, nothing like what the article on Briggs is describing.. and we probaly have 3 times the units Mo does.

Perfectly Imperfect. Imperfection is the only thinig I ever perfected!!!!

Please visit http://walkercountyjanedoe1980.webs.com

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6550.new#new
KarenK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #813 on: November 21, 2009, 06:37:21 PM »

Someone asked what Alyssapocal means well apocalypse means;

1. prophetic of devastation or ultimate doom
If you put the two together and drop the lypse then I think it speaks for itself.  I guess her best friend does know her.  In the words of evil Casey Anthony, "a waste, a huge waste" and I am referring to AB.  I don't often say this but why didn't she just do herself in while videoing it.  That way she would know what it was like to die and we would still have Elizabeth.

Alyssa Apocalypse is ANOTHER troubled girl but is not Alyssa Bustamante.  This girl's parents better keep a close eye on her too!
KarenK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #814 on: November 21, 2009, 06:44:38 PM »

Did you mean D.M. ? 
   Those D.N. initials were the first ones I had ever heard, then it was stated to be D.M. so thought first one was wrong.  I have never found a D.N. among Alyssa's friends on her myspace, facebook or those of any of her myspace facebook friends friends lists.   So now I am puzzled again.
Shinju
Scared Monkey

« Reply #815 on: November 21, 2009, 06:45:50 PM »

Did you mean D.M. ? 

No I meant D.N.

Think of what a room is if it sets off allegeries Smile
QueenieB
Scared Monkey

« Reply #816 on: November 21, 2009, 06:46:47 PM »

Someone asked what Alyssapocal means well apocalypse means;

1. prophetic of devastation or ultimate doom
If you put the two together and drop the lypse then I think it speaks for itself.  I guess her best friend does know her.  In the words of evil Casey Anthony, "a waste, a huge waste" and I am referring to AB.  I don't often say this but why didn't she just do herself in while videoing it.  That way she would know what it was like to die and we would still have Elizabeth.

Alyssa Apocalypse is ANOTHER troubled girl but is not Alyssa Bustamante.  This girl's parents better keep a close eye on her too!

Karen,
AlyssaApocal came up because her "friend" Trisha/Smooth Criminal posted on her MS recently that she was missing AlyssaApocal which was the first time she referred to her in that way.  Some of us were investigating the name/term and suffice it to say that as per usual with this Trisha girl, it was nothing positive nor helpful.   
Txsflame
Scared Monkey

UnID Murder victim

« Reply #817 on: November 21, 2009, 07:14:23 PM »

Did you mean D.M. ? 
   Those D.N. initials were the first ones I had ever heard, then it was stated to be D.M. so thought first one was wrong.  I have never found a D.N. among Alyssa's friends on her myspace, facebook or those of any of her myspace facebook friends friends lists.   So now I am puzzled again.

DN were also the first initials I was given..by whom I have no idea....

Txsflame
Scared Monkey

UnID Murder victim

« Reply #818 on: November 21, 2009, 07:16:16 PM »

Ok got a first name..can we get a hint on last???

nana0567
Scared Monkey

« Reply #819 on: November 21, 2009, 07:21:26 PM »

Ok got a first name..can we get a hint on last???
Does the first name rhyme with Rusty?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.