April 19, 2024, 12:42:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HOLIDAY STORIES.....What's Happening....?  (Read 4404 times)
Mere
Monkey Junky

« on: December 13, 2006, 04:45:37 PM »

So far I can see that this may be one of those special seasons.....

The first two batches of cookies have oozed out of the cookie press and tasted awful....!

The new housekeeper has "pledged" my HDTV screen and reprogrammed the stove and oven.....

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the hospital party on Friday....!

What are you guys doing?

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 10:03:30 PM »

I've been nagged continuously by Justin about wanting to open any gifts "early" (as in now), queries as to where they are hidden (as if I would tell him), and screeching every time a toy/game/whatever commercial airs ("I want that, Mama!").

We've had our work party. Tomorrow evening will be the annual Christmas Tea that we have for our clients, and the first year that I'll be able to attend (unless Justin is too ill   Crying or Very sad ).

My family usually does our thing on Christmas Eve. That way, those of us with younger children still at home are able to have Christmas day with just them.

Luckily, my family does ours around lunch time. Justin's father's family has an annual dinner on that day. It works out well for him to make the rounds with both sides.

I can't believe that The Day is nearly upon us. How does it sneak up on us so quickly?

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 12:41:30 AM »

Mere~ Guess it's just me, you and... well, me! LOL!

Justin lovingly placed blueberry flavored (and colored) candy canes on the tree this evening. He's my baby doll! Oh, this morning he said that if I promise to not mess with them, he would put my gifts from him under the tree. I promised, and he did.  Very Happy He also said that he has spoiled me this year. Wonder what the heck they are?

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 08:57:28 AM »

Justins....he sounds wonderful....that is too cute that he would put your presents out for you to see and think about.....

I am so behind on wrapping and getting presents out for my kids (who are across country)...hope to get them to UPS Monday...along with the rest of the area.... Smile

Hosted a christmas luncheon yesterday....a bring a dish.....was so nice...lots of food and fun....had one of those gift swaps where everyone brought a present....drew numbers and there was some swapping of presents depending on the numbers...don't know how to explain easily....
I ended up with a SensaFoam pillow.....there was a lot of oohing and ahhing when I opened it...all the others who had one thought they were wonderful.....I tried it last night and don't think I moved once...lol

Now that the luncheon is over, I can breathe....have you let Justin open anything yet...?

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 09:36:26 AM »

Add my "ooh" to that list! I want one! Nah, I've not let Justin open any gifts yet. Making him wait until Christmas Eve, at least. Usually I do let him, but it ends up with him driving me bonkers, and then after Christmas, he's begging for more (when there are no more!). If that kid had his way, he'd be given a gift every moment of every day! We were watching "Doctor Who" today. We both adore the character of The Doctor (for different reasons   Wink ) I told Justin that men like The Doctor are attractive to women because of their intelligence and wit, and that he (Justin) will have to beat women off with a stick when he is grown, as he has those qualities. He asked me if "hot" women will be attracted to him (he's ten going thirty). I said the ones that are smart will be! LOL!  

Mere~ You'd best get on it with that package! Christmas is just around the corner! I swear, it sneaks up on us, doesn't it?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.