April 26, 2024, 07:18:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Soros: Global Deal Needed to Set New Financial World Rules"  (Read 1188 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 01, 2009, 09:49:39 AM »

BUDAPEST (Reuters) - International controls over capital movements and new global playing rules are needed to reinvent the global financial system, billionaire investor and philanthropist George Soros said on Friday.

"That is what a new Bretton Woods conference could accomplish," Soros told a lecture. "It would decide how to treat financial institutions that are too big to fail and it would consider new rules to control capital movements."

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=8956532

I wonder how much the job rotation between the Treasury, Federal Reserve, Wall Street, and Washington impacted the financial failure?

How would life in these United States be different if the CRA never happened?  Derivatives were a no-no?

If the post Great Depression financial reforms/regulation hadn't been destroyed and weakened over the past 30 years? 

What if Barney Frank had worked to reform Freddie/Fannie years ago, instead of saying they were sound?

Does it matter what system is in place if there are conflicts of interest?

I seem to recall that China has a lot of financial firewalls in place.

Where are the firewall in the US that protect taxpayers?  Future generations?

Where are the regulations that prevent conflicts of interest, favoritism, and nepotism from affecting our financial system?  Tresury?  Federal Reserve?  Wall Street?  Congress?

How's that robust audit of the Federal Reserve coming along?

Are there any rules/new deals that work when there is corruption?  Favoritism?  Nepotism?  Secret wheelling and dealing?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.