March 28, 2024, 11:21:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shannon Lea Dedrick, 7mo old missing from home 10/31/09 Chipley, FL(FOUND ALIVE)  (Read 83577 times)
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #160 on: November 04, 2009, 05:03:26 PM »

and this is a small pic but it is of susan's bird and in the background check out the wall with all the pics... the kind where a bunch of little pics go in one frame ... you know the kind that you usually put school pics in ...YET SHE HAS NO KIDS
oops forgot the link and forgot to say that this better not be a friggin trophy wall for her serial killing ass
and this is a small pic but it is of susan's bird and in the background check out the wall with all the pics... the kind where a bunch of little pics go in one frame ... you know the kind that you usually put school pics in ...YET SHE HAS NO KIDS

oops forgot the link and forgot to say that this better not be a friggin trophy wall for her serial killing ass
wow am i off today here it is for real this time
LOL.......oh my God I hope not........thats crazy....he has no kids of her own.....mostly because she got rid of them......but then she wants to display all these kids pictures like she is Mother of the year.......hang her high!!!!!!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #161 on: November 04, 2009, 05:10:56 PM »

Found this.....

TAB was all over the internet all weekend and last nite admitted all the carp she was putting out there came from SB.

If SB is involved, as usual she is responsible for her own undoing...

Phillips wrote Wednesday morning on her Twitter page that she "knows the POI is the one who cared the most."

Later, in a phone interview, she said, "Susan would not hurt a child."

"That's the only reason they're putting her as a person of interest now is because of all of that crap that happened way back when," Phillips said.

"They need to start asking (the mother) where the child is," she said. "She's the one that put it somewhere."

and this.....
"Posted By: sieric Monday Nov 2nd, 06:35:09 AM
I know the mother had something to do with this! I personally know the baby, and the mother never wanted her from the start! She has confessed! Why is she not in jail!?"

http://fosterfollynews.com/comments....=2&story=10362

But then again, TP goes on to say on Topix I believe that she didn't really know Shannon.

penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #162 on: November 04, 2009, 05:24:42 PM »

Penny, this site has the details of what little Nina went thru as well as some of what transpired..

here is the DCF report from the calls that we are sure SB and Tab made to DCF on Tina

http://video.onset.freedom.com/newsherald/ksloqc-dedrickreviewredacted.pdf
thanks searching ..
this is long and not about shannon but rather paul however it shows great insight into what this couple was capable of and there is no way you can say that james didn't know.this was written in 2000 and bold and italics were done by me
Missing Paul

BEAUFORT: 13 years after he vanished, mother hasn't given up hope of finding out what happened to her son.

By Stephanie Broadbent
Carolina Morning News

There was a time when Lynda Solorzano trusted her baby sitter to watch over her young children.

But that was before her husband said he wanted a divorce. Before he married the baby sitter and won custody of Solorzano's daughter and son. Before the new stepmother beat the girl severely enough to put her in a hospital.

Before Solorzano's son disappeared without a trace.

Now the former Cherry Point woman wants answers from her ex-husband and the woman he married. She wants to know if her first-born son died 13 years ago and why her daughter was abused by the woman who was supposed to protect her.

"Not knowing is worse than knowing," said Solarzano, who now lives in Durham, N.C., with her second son. "Let me put my baby to rest. Let me have a memorial, someplace to go. I have dreams at night where he's lost in the dark and can't find his way home and I can't find him."

Solarzano's first son, Paul Baker, disappeared March 5, 1987, while living with his father and stepmother in a Beaufort home. He was 3 years old and hasn't been seen since.

James and Susan Baker, now 41, of Chipley, Fla., were recently charged in the case and returned to Beaufort to face charges of beating the boy before he vanished.

Both remain lodged at the Beaufort County Detention Center in lieu of $75,000 cash bonds while Beaufort County investigators delve into the case with new leads. Neither could be reached at the jail for comment Thursday.

Beaufort County Sheriff P.J. Tanner won't discuss details of the arrests, but said the investigation may shed new light on what happened to the little boy searchers couldn't find.

The arrests also provide hope for answers for Solarzano and her 19-year-old daughter, Nina Baker, who was removed from her father's home after her brother disappeared and her stepmother beat her and broke her bones.

She was 6 years old when Paul disappeared, but while the physical scars have faded, the emotional ones still hurt.

It isn't the future Solarzano imagined when she met her husband at a North Carolina roller rink two decades ago.

New love

The skating rink was crowded, but one boy stood out.

His speed, spins and jumps impressed 15-year-old Lynda enough that she asked him to skate with her during the Sadie Hawkins number.

It was love at first sight, she said, but Lynda couldn't date until her 16th birthday, so 19-year-old James Baker started meeting her at church. A year later, her father allowed them to double-date with other couples and when she turned 17 they were allowed to venture out alone.

"I was getting ready to graduate high school and he said he wanted to get married," she remembered. Despite her father's opposition, Linda said yes.

A year later, she gave birth to Nina and James Baker joined the U.S. Marine Corps. But when he got back from basic training, the boy she'd loved was a man she didn't know.

"He came out different, colder," Solarzano said. "When I got pregnant with Paul, he said I was holding him back in his career."... could be the reason that susan never had her own kids

Stationed in Beaufort, things were fine for awhile. James Baker was an avionics technician and his future looked bright. But Solarzano's luck was taking a turn for the worse.

New woman

Solarzano had a part-time job but needed someone to look after Nina and Paul.

One of James Baker's friends had a sister, who he said was good with children. Susan lived nearby and seemed to be the obvious choice.

"She was my baby sitter," Solarzano said. "But what I didn't know was she was baby-sitting my husband too."

Solarzano said she found about the alleged affair, which caused her marriage to crumble. She took the children and moved out but claims her husband didn't pay child support. She had very little money and couldn't afford a lawyer.

It was a long separation, and she eventually met someone else, she said. Before the divorce was final, she was pregnant with her boyfriend's child.

"I don't believe in abortion, so I went to court pregnant," she said. "I lost on adultery. I was separated, pregnant and on welfare. He had a house and was in the Corps."

Although she wanted 6-year-old Nina and 3-year-old Paul, Solarzano said the judge sided with her husband.

She vowed to try to get them back within a year, but only nine months later her son was gone and she'd have to fight the state to return her daughter after they took the battered girl from her father's home.

Paul Baker

Like so many toddlers, Paul loved his big sister and followed her wherever she went.

That's why Solarzano can't believe that he wandered away from home on his own. Searchers were called to the Bakers' home March 5, 1987, after his stepmother, Susan Baker, told police she put Paul down for a nap and returned to his room to find him missing.

Deputies and volunteers scoured the area for days but no trace of Paul was ever found.

What social workers did find were sores on his sister's body and broken bones in her hand that hadn't healed. Her stepmother was arrested and convicted for assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature. She was sentenced to 10 years in prison, but a judge suspended the sentence to time she'd served in jail before trial.

Meanwhile, Solarzano was fighting for custody of her daughter again. The state wanted to put her up for adoption but her mother and grandmother were determined to get her back, Solarzano said.

At first her mother was only allowed short visits and what she saw shocked her, she said.

"She had whole patches of hair that had been pulled out by the roots and it grew back white," Solarzano said. "There were open sores on her back, probably from burns. She still has scars on her back and hands."

open soars on the back and broken hands that wouldn't heal indicates repetition of breaking and coupled together these are identical to old school religious style hand beatings and whippings

After spending more than $10,000 in lawyer fees, Nina was given to Solarzano's mother, where she lived until her mother could care for her alone.

For years, Nina had no contact with her father or stepmother. The couple moved to Florida after James Baker left military service and for years there was only silence.

At times, his daughter didn't even know where he lived, Solarzano said.

"She's always asked me questions about him, but she wanted answers from him," Solarzano said.

Nina recently contacted her father in hopes of resolving mixed emotions, her mother said.

Nina wants to know what happened and why. She's 19, works in retail as a shift manager and is going to college. She's adjusted well, but still needs closure, Solarzano said.

Solarzano's youngest son also wants to know about the brother he never met. He recently found a computer generated photograph from the Center for Missing and Exploited Children of what Paul might look like at age 16.

It was a photo his mother had never seen until she came from work to find it on her computer screen saver.

"I asked who that boy is and he told me Paul," she said, crying. "It's too much. It still hurts too much."

Solarzano still hopes to meet the 16-year-old boy in the photograph, but doubts it will happen. She holds out hope that her son is still alive, but won't believe it without proof.

In the meantime, she's still pressing authorities to find out what happened to her boy and hopes her husband will tell them if there's anything else he knows.

"I just hope someone will touch his heart," she said. "We've been waiting 13 years. Paul hasn't been forgotten."

Reporter Stephanie Broadbent can be reached at 837-5255, ext. 110, or at stephanie@lowcountrynow.com
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #163 on: November 04, 2009, 05:34:43 PM »

Penny, this site has the details of what little Nina went thru as well as some of what transpired..

here is the DCF report from the calls that we are sure SB and Tab made to DCF on Tina

http://video.onset.freedom.com/newsherald/ksloqc-dedrickreviewredacted.pdf
so whowants to call dcf on tabatha for leaving her kids with a person found guilty of aggravated assault on a child?
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #164 on: November 04, 2009, 05:39:43 PM »

sarah phillips found on susan's friends list
assuming it is the other niece that she rekindled with recently probably sister to tabatha also an avid canoe person
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #165 on: November 04, 2009, 05:40:12 PM »

sarah phillips found on susan's friends list
assuming it is the other niece that she rekindled with recently probably sister to tabatha also an avid canoe person
yikes i did it again
http://www.myspace.com/saraphilips10
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #166 on: November 04, 2009, 05:53:45 PM »

susan's sister lisa
http://www.myspace.com/175866666
lisa's daughter (susan's niece)
http://www.myspace.com/ilovemoeforever
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #167 on: November 04, 2009, 06:35:33 PM »

penny: These are at your request. Not sure what you are looking for, but here they are 100%, 150% and 200%.

If you need anything else, come post in the thread in my signature line and I'll see it fairly quickly.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #168 on: November 04, 2009, 07:29:15 PM »

Sorry if this is a repeat post....you have to remember that I am slow, lol.

Missing Fla. baby's parents were investigated
ASSOCIATED PRESS • November 4, 2009

CHIPLEY — The baby sitter of a missing infant sent a letter to Gov. Charlie Crist months before she disappeared asking him to save the child from her drug-abusing parents.

The Florida Department of Children and Families says it investigated 7-month-old Shannon Dedrick’s mother and father after the August complaint, and workers have had “a lot of involvement” with the family.

But DCF Secretary George Sheldon says investigators did not find legal grounds to take the infant away.

Shannon was last seen by her parents at their home early Saturday morning. Searchers have concentrated on the woods surrounding the home, in a remote part of North Florida near the town of Chipley.

The Washington County Sheriff’s Office has released little additional information about the case.
http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20091104/BREAKINGNEWS/91104018/1086/rss07

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #169 on: November 04, 2009, 07:48:08 PM »

Sorry if this is a repeat post....you have to remember that I am slow, lol.

Missing Fla. baby's parents were investigated
ASSOCIATED PRESS • November 4, 2009

CHIPLEY — The baby sitter of a missing infant sent a letter to Gov. Charlie Crist months before she disappeared asking him to save the child from her drug-abusing parents.

The Florida Department of Children and Families says it investigated 7-month-old Shannon Dedrick’s mother and father after the August complaint, and workers have had “a lot of involvement” with the family.

But DCF Secretary George Sheldon says investigators did not find legal grounds to take the infant away.

Shannon was last seen by her parents at their home early Saturday morning. Searchers have concentrated on the woods surrounding the home, in a remote part of North Florida near the town of Chipley.

The Washington County Sheriff’s Office has released little additional information about the case.
http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20091104/BREAKINGNEWS/91104018/1086/rss07

I had seen this article posted before Nut, but  it's good that you've posted it again for those that may have missed it the first time.  When an article has important information like this one has, it bears repeating, imo.  And if you are "slow", it's because you keep your truck in 4 wheel drive.  Speed isn't everything,  especially when you're off-roading.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #170 on: November 04, 2009, 07:51:45 PM »

Florida Department of Law Enforcement is taking tire prints on a gray Toyota Sienna at the Washington County Sheriff's Office. They will not say if this is related to case. Neighbors say they saw gray van at Shannon's house Saturday morning.

This afternoon deputies from Washington, Holmes, and Jackson blocked the entrance to the Baker's driveway.

FDLE has taken over investigation of Shannon's disappearance.

*Info from WMBB Channel 13 in Panama City*
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #171 on: November 04, 2009, 08:16:08 PM »

I assume the van they r talking about belongs to Susan......If she had something to do with baby shannon being gone, I hope they get her good this time.....its about time she has to suffer for   whatever happened to that poor child Paul all those years ago.......hope we  hear more news soon...

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #172 on: November 04, 2009, 08:22:24 PM »

I assume the van they r talking about belongs to Susan......If she had something to do with baby shannon being gone, I hope they get her good this time.....its about time she has to suffer for   whatever happened to that poor child Paul all those years ago.......hope we  hear more news soon...

I have a feeling, since the SC investigators are assisting, they will make sure she does not slip thru this time as she seems to have with Paul.

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #173 on: November 04, 2009, 08:27:27 PM »

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FL_MISSING_FLORIDA_BABY_SCOL-?SITE=SCGRI&SECTION=state&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

SC news has the story too... Imagine how Paul's bio mom must feel right now..

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #174 on: November 04, 2009, 08:53:37 PM »

I bet Ms. Susan Baker is wishing she had kept her mouth shut and never met baby Shannon!  Don't know about my birth state of South Carolina but here in FL we've got the death penalty.  She picked the wrong state to get convicted in if found guilty!  
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #175 on: November 04, 2009, 09:01:31 PM »

I bet Ms. Susan Baker is wishing she had kept her mouth shut and never met baby Shannon!  Don't know about my birth state of South Carolina but here in FL we've got the death penalty.  She picked the wrong state to get convicted in if found guilty!  
your right and it couldnt happen soon enough, she has already  lived alot of years on borrowed time, and since she culdnt even be thankful; for that and just stay out of trouble and leave children alone she deserves whatever she gets..

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #176 on: November 04, 2009, 09:20:12 PM »

your right and it couldnt happen soon enough, she has already  lived alot of years on borrowed time, and since she culdnt even be thankful; for that and just stay out of trouble and leave children alone she deserves whatever she gets..

It's called Karma and I do hope my gut is right and they will make sure she does not slip thru the cracks this time

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #177 on: November 04, 2009, 09:22:24 PM »

Good Evening Sweet Monkey's..

I have a question to ask... How did Susan Baker meet Shannon's parents?
I check the map where Baker lives and its not walking distance to where the parents lived..
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #178 on: November 04, 2009, 09:22:44 PM »

wow! this story is a shocker....so, this Susan wrote to the Governor about Shannon's parents and neglect...meanwhile, she had beaten her little 6 yr old step daughter and her 3 yr old step son disappears....my oh my! You can't make this stuff up folks...so now this Susan has put herself front and center into Shannon's disappearance if I am gathering all of this info correctly...and did I read correctly that Susan and her husband are back in jail for the disappearance of the step son? or was that an arrest from years ago?

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #179 on: November 04, 2009, 09:24:02 PM »

It's called Karma and I do hope my gut is right and they will make sure she does not slip thru the cracks this time

Search...weren't you the monkey who found out about this Susan? I am trying to get caught up on this thread...if so, good work!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.