April 26, 2024, 03:06:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shannon Lea Dedrick, 7mo old missing from home 10/31/09 Chipley, FL(FOUND ALIVE)  (Read 83910 times)
espresso
Scared Monkey

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2009, 01:27:47 PM »

http://www.newsherald.com/news/person-78739-baby-case.html

CHIPLEY — Investigators said Monday they have identified a person of interest in the case of a missing 7-month Washington County baby.

About 75 volunteers and officers still were searching Monday for the missing child, Shannon Lea Dedrick, who authorities said went missing between 3 and 11 a.m. Saturday and has been the subject of an search since then.

“We’re not leaving any stone unturned,” Washington County Sheriff Bobby Haddock said. “We’re even checking every Dumpster, residential garbage cans, and bags of garbage, ditches and culverts.

Haddock said at this point nothing leads to evidence of an abduction. The name of the person of interest has not been released.

I hate to say it but I think they know what happened and now are looking at a recovery instead of rescue.

Cops say Stephen Spina, 36, was found stabbed to death in his apartment in Mamaroneck, New York on September 17, 2007. Killer is still at large. http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=57396 
espresso
Scared Monkey

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2009, 01:30:13 PM »

Oops I meant to highlite this: A press conference has been scheduled for 3 p.m. but ended up deleting it by accident.

Cops say Stephen Spina, 36, was found stabbed to death in his apartment in Mamaroneck, New York on September 17, 2007. Killer is still at large. http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=57396 
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2009, 01:32:07 PM »

Am guessing that LE already having a likely POI is the reason no 'amber alert' was given?  Seems that has happened in other cases.  While many of us were screaming for an amber alert in one case, turns out LE already had ahold of the POI leading them to the body.  They just hadn't told the public what they knew and were doing at that point.  So their lack of an amber alert in that case, as it turns out, made sense.   It's so hard to be patient at this end, getting as many facts as possible.  I for one want to know what LE knows when they know it, but realize that can jeopardize a case.  Sigh. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
happy2009
Scared Monkey

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2009, 01:35:08 PM »

So sad, poor little baby. I can never understand these things. 
espresso
Scared Monkey

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2009, 01:41:37 PM »

Neither can I especially since we have the safe haven thing or whatever it's called. You can drop the baby off at the fire station or hospital no questions asked. From what I read apparently DCF was called in to check on these parents before. WHy they didn't take the baby when the Mother clearly stated she didn't want her or wished her dead is BEYOND me. There are so many people that would make wonderful parents that can't have children, the lists are in the thousands. Good Grief. I just don't get it.

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2009, 01:49:30 PM »

This little baby girl is so adorable and so cuddly looking.  You just look at these pictures and you have to smile.

It seems that the parents aren't aware of what a wonderful gift from God she was.  I wonder why other famil members didn't step in and take over for them and call family services to get this baby and family the help they so needed.  Just heartbreakingly sad.  Maybe by some miracle she will be found alive..but that's along time for an infant to go without a bottle.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2009, 01:59:14 PM »

This little baby girl is so adorable and so cuddly looking.  You just look at these pictures and you have to smile.

It seems that the parents aren't aware of what a wonderful gift from God she was.  I wonder why other famil members didn't step in and take over for them and call family services to get this baby and family the help they so needed.  Just heartbreakingly sad.  Maybe by some miracle she will be found alive..but that's along time for an infant to go without a bottle.

From what I have read, the family did call DCF on her.. They tried to get something done. One person claiming to be a family member said the baby's mother had said she wished she were dead at one time.. so sad... the mother and father from what is being said are both mentally stunted, for lack of a better way of saying it at them moment. I am so upset over this, such a beautiful baby and so young and innocent. No way at all of defending herself. makes me sick.

happy2009
Scared Monkey

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2009, 02:00:52 PM »

I agree it seems a family member would have stepped in. If they didnt have any family in FL though the state may not have allowed family members from out of state to take that baby out of the state and care for her if DCF has a case there. I know a woman who was trying to help her baby nephew who was 1 state over and couldnt take him into her home bc she lived in a different nearby state, she was very upset and she would have definetly took care of that baby but the child went to the state instead but at least he did go somewhere besides in the conditions he was in (his parents were also mentally challenged) and nothing like this happened first. I really hope they find this baby girl alive! This is so aweful.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2009, 02:28:09 PM »

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gLo6tkoDmIwiLD0bW7WZ0hpGax4QD9BNIV580
Infant missing from home on Florida Panhandle

(AP) – 13 minutes ago

CHIPLEY, Fla. — A 7-month-old infant has gone missing from her home in a small town in the Florida Panhandle.

The Washington County Sheriff's Office said Monday that Shannon Dedrick disappeared sometime between 3 a.m. and 11 a.m. on Saturday from her home in Chipley, about 80 miles northwest of Tallahassee.

Since then, about 75 search and rescue workers from three counties have scoured the surrounding area. They were joined by K-9 teams and volunteers in a 14-hour search beginning late Saturday morning, and continued nonstop since 7 a.m. on Sunday.

The arm-to-arm search has covered a half-mile radius of Shannon's home, and deputies are expanding the area each hour.

Shannon was described as 2 feet tall and 11 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2009, 02:30:31 PM »

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/20091102/BREAKINGNEWS/91102007/Update--Person-of-interest-ID-d-in-missing-baby-case
Update: Person of interest ID'd in missing baby case

By JAY FELSBERG • PANAMA CITY NEWS HERALD • November 2, 2009

Next Page

Previous Page
1:30 p.m.

CHIPLEY — Investigators said Monday they have identified a person of interest in the case of a missing 7-month Washington County baby.

About 75 volunteers and officers still were searching Monday for the missing child, Shannon Lea Dedrick, who authorities said went missing between 3 and 11 a.m. Saturday and has been the subject of an search since then.

A press conference has been scheduled for 4 p.m.

“We’re not leaving any stone unturned,” Washington County Sheriff Bobby Haddock said. “We’re even checking every Dumpster, residential garbage cans, and bags of garbage, ditches and culverts.

Haddock said at this point nothing leads to evidence of an abduction. The name of the person of interest has not been released.

“The child couldn’t walk away; the child couldn’t crawl away,” Haddock said.

Haddock said he could not release the names of the child’s parents, and no phone number under Dedrick was listed in the local phone book. The family’s home, at 793C Brown Street, sits about 100 yards off the road and was sealed off by deputies looking for evidence. The address is just over the Chipley city limits in Washington County, and the Washington County Sheriff’s Office (WCSO) is lead agency in the search.

The “arm-to-ground search” has covered about a half-mile radius around the home as of midday Monday, and a Sheriff’s Office news release indicated the coverage area was expanding by the hour.

Haddock said Monday morning the search included 75 personnel from Liberty, Bay and Gulf search and rescue organizations, and has included officers from the Chipley Police Department, Graceville Police Department, Jackson County Sheriff’s Office, Bay County Sheriff’s Office and Florida Department of Law Enforcement, in addition to deputies from WCSO.

“Cadaver dogs and specific-scent dogs from Chattahoochee Corrections and other institutions are also being used,” Haddock said.

Firefighters from various Washington County departments also are aiding in the search.

The search-and-rescue volunteers use the global positioning system as part of their search procedure.
(2 of 2)

Saturday’s search extended until 1:30 a.m. Sunday and resumed at 7 a.m. Sunday. The search was ongoing Monday.

About 1,300 tips were called in when the missing child alert was first posted Saturday, authorities reported.

“We would like to thank those who have contacted law enforcement officers with tips in reference to baby Shannon,” Haddock said in a news release. “All tips are being thoroughly investigated, and I would ask that you continue to contact our office at (850) 638-6111 if you have any information concerning this missing child.”

News Herald Day City Editor Will Glover contributed to this story.

12:43 p.m.

The Washington County Sheriff’s Office received a call just after 11 a.m. Saturday in reference to a missing child.

Shannon Lea Dedrick, 7 months, 11 lbs in weight, 24 inches in height was reported missing by her parents from their home in Chipley. Shannon was believed to have gone missing between 3 a.m. and 11 a.m.

Deputies responded to the home and within minutes both FDLE and Bay County Sheriff’s Office were brought in to assist. A missing child alert was initiated, sending approximately 1300 calls to residents in the region.

Approximately 75 search and rescue personnel from Liberty, Gulf and Bay counties, as well as K-9 teams and volunteers from local fire departments have worked an extensive ground search effort. They have been searching continuously except for a short break between 1:30 a.m and 7 a.m. Sunday.

The arm-to-arm ground search has covered approximately a half-mile radius around the home and deputies are expanding that area each hour. Investigators with Washington County Sheriff’s Office, with the assistance of investigators with FDLE, Bay County Sheriff’s Office, Jackson County Sheriff’s Office, Chipley Police Department, Holmes County Sheriff’s Office and Graceville Police Department are currently working an investigation into any and all leads at this time.

“We would like to thank those who have contacted law enforcement officers with tips in reference to baby Shannon” states Washington County Sheriff Bobby Haddock. “All tips are being thoroughly investigated and I would ask that you continue to contact our office at 638.6111 if you have any information concerning this missing child.”
Missing child alert

An endangered missing child alert has been issued by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

Shannon Dedrick, born March 11, 2009, was last seen at her residence in Chipley on Saturday.

Anyone with any information is asked to contact the Washington County Sheriff's Office at (850)638-6111
Next Page
http://www.tallahassee.com/article/20091102/BREAKINGNEWS/91102007/Update--Person-of-interest-ID-d-in-missing-baby-case

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2009, 03:19:05 PM »

I believe this is the area of the home/search:

penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2009, 04:34:37 PM »

maybe the mother put Shannon in the woods and covered her up with the leafs and Shannon is still alive? please let that be the case and God speed to find her while she is alive...

I hope that mom placed her out there and did not kill her first...

am I the eternal optimist or what?  an angelic monkey  sending this angel to Shannon to protect her  until she is found....
i get that impression and if the above blogger that claims to be related to the family is real and truthful (which we don't know is the case but) then the mom stated she wished she was dead not i'm gong to kill her... makes a difference to me (I have uttered (not yelled in rage) at times so and so I'm going to kill you in frustration to my kids before but i have never stated i wish they were dead!!!)  i would tend to think she would have put her in the woods and let her become dead as opposed to killing her just my hunch tho.
if this child is found to be dead then i hope that she was like tat before being put in the woods... i can't imagine a scarier death for a baby then to be cold and alone in the dark
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2009, 04:59:47 PM »

http://www.panhandleparade.com/index.php/mbb/article/person_of_interest_in_baby_disappearance/mbb7719664/

Person of Interest in Baby Disappearance
11/02/09 - 04:18 PM
By: Heather Kretzer

Washington County, Fla:

At a news conference Monday afternoon Washington County Sheriff Bobby Haddock said that they have a person of interest in the case of missing 7-month-old Shannon Lea Dedrick.  They would not release the name of the potential suspect or any further details.

For the first time we also now know that the last time Shannon was seen she was in her parents’ bedroom when they went to sleep Saturday.  The Washington County Sheriff’s Office says she went missing some time between 3:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.  Her parents reported her missing around 11:30 a.m.

Immediately following the report the Sheriff’s Office says 1300 calls to residents in the area were made.  On Sunday night, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement put out a Missing Child Alert.

The Sheriff’s Office is searching the wooded area near Shannon’s home at 793C Brown Street in Chipley.  Many other agencies are assisiting in the search including Bay, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson and Liberty County Sheriff’s Offices as well as police departments for Graceville and Chipley. The Bay County Sheriff’s Office Mounted Posse was searching the area Monday afternoon.

If you have any information, please contact the Washington County Sheriff’s Office at 850-638-6111. 
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2009, 07:07:36 PM »

Thanks for the arial map Klaasend.  If her house is on the east side of Brown the woods aren't very big, are they?  xox
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2009, 07:26:08 PM »

Another beautiful little soul failed, at all levels.
this is completely senseless and this tragedy could of been avoided AGAIN!

JMO, sorry for the rant, just want to move to a cave somewhere.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2009, 07:41:20 PM »

I just wonder since there are several unsolved missing children cases in Fl. and other states
if people think it is just a easy crime to get away with these days...just thinking out loud.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2009, 07:42:58 PM »

hoping for a miracle here....hope that Shannon is found alive...
hang on little one...help is on the way...

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2009, 07:50:22 PM »

http://www.panhandleparade.com/index.php/mbb/article/person_of_interest_in_baby_disappearance/mbb7719664/

Person of Interest in Baby Disappearance
11/02/09 - 04:18 PM
By: Heather Kretzer

Washington County, Fla:

At a news conference Monday afternoon Washington County Sheriff Bobby Haddock said that they have a person of interest in the case of missing 7-month-old Shannon Lea Dedrick.  They would not release the name of the potential suspect or any further details.

For the first time we also now know that the last time Shannon was seen she was in her parents’ bedroom when they went to sleep Saturday.  The Washington County Sheriff’s Office says she went missing some time between 3:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.  Her parents reported her missing around 11:30 a.m.

Immediately following the report the Sheriff’s Office says 1300 calls to residents in the area were made.  On Sunday night, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement put out a Missing Child Alert.

The Sheriff’s Office is searching the wooded area near Shannon’s home at 793C Brown Street in Chipley.  Many other agencies are assisiting in the search including Bay, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson and Liberty County Sheriff’s Offices as well as police departments for Graceville and Chipley. The Bay County Sheriff’s Office Mounted Posse was searching the area Monday afternoon.

If you have any information, please contact the Washington County Sheriff’s Office at 850-638-6111. 
Check this conversation out klass, all!

Tab says:

Well, the baby is my aunts niece. The parents to the little girl were neglectful, and the mother
has already said she put the baby in the woods, and covered her with leaves. I hope the Lord takes care of her!
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/chipley-fl/TBBMC04K2D553SJ3N/post9

Heart
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2009, 07:51:09 PM »

http://fosterfollynews.com/news/2009Nov1MissingChild.php

No Indication of Aduction In Missing Child Case (UPDATE)
Shannon Dedrick has been missing from her home on Brown Street in Chipley since around noon on Saturday.
Monday November 2nd, 2009

by Kathy Foster

In a 3 p.m. press conference Monday Washington County Sheriff Bobby Haddock announced the
search and rescue mission directed toward locating 7-month-old Shannon Lea Dedrick (left) has turned up no strong clues, but he added that close to 100 people are still scouring the area around her home looking for her.

A large number of vehicles are located in a staging area at the east end of South Boulevard where equipment and manpower could be seen coming and going throughout the day on Monday.

According to Haddock,  the infant was discovered missing from the family residence (shown at the left) about 11:00 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 31st.  He said a short time later the Washington County Sheriff's Office received a call concerning the missing infant.  The mobile home is located on property belonging to Debra McGhee on Brown Street.

At Monday's press conference Haddock said once his office became involved Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Bay County Sheriff's Department were called in for assistance.

K-9 units initially searched a 500-600 yard area around the residence; however, Haddock said that perimeter has widened each hour as no trace of the baby has been found.

(The photo at the right shows the lane leading back to the residence occupied by Shannon's parents Christina Mercer and Rusty Dedrick.)

According to Haddock, the child was in the bedroom with her parents at the time of her disappearance which is projected to have taken place between 3:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, March 31st.

Haddock said on Monday that a Team Adam had flown in to join the search effort.

The Sheriff permitted some questions at Monday's press conference, but indicated that he would not answer any questions directed about any possible family involvement in the disappearance and refused to go into specifics about the investigation.

Haddock did say his office has no indication of an abduction in the case.

When asked if polygraph tests had been administered to anyone involved in the case, Haddock wouldn't answer.

Asked about Shannon's parents having any problems with law enforcement, Haddock said neither had records.

Asked why the child's parents were not present at Monday's press conference,  Haddock said they were upset and are presently counting on the Sheriff's Department to talk on behalf of the family.

The investigation into the disappearance of Shannon Dedrick has reached all the way to Texas where Shannon's maternal grandmother received a visit from law enforcement officers wanting to know if she had seen the baby.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2009, 08:01:57 PM »

http://www.chipleypaper.com/news/baby-4619-chipley-continues.html

((snipped))

WCSO: Rumors untrue

Rumors that the mother of the missing child has confessed to burying the body and that digging is underway at the old Chipley dump are untrue, according to the Washington County Sheriff's Office.

Public Information Officer Andrea Gainey said she was familiar with the rumors that they were incorrect. The various search teams are staging out of the old dump that is a short distance from Brown Street where the baby disappeared from, and that activity could have led to some of the rumors.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.