April 26, 2024, 11:31:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shannon Lea Dedrick, 7mo old missing from home 10/31/09 Chipley, FL(FOUND ALIVE)  (Read 83908 times)
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #200 on: November 04, 2009, 11:07:39 PM »

Now I'm wondering about the part where Tabatha says her Aunt Susan told her that Rusty told her IRRC that Tina said she put Shannon in the woods and covered her with leaves.  Did she really hear that or what? 
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #201 on: November 04, 2009, 11:19:30 PM »

Good Evening Sweet Monkey's..

I have a question to ask... How did Susan Baker meet Shannon's parents?
I check the map where Baker lives and its not walking distance to where the parents lived..
well if this tabatha is to be believed then the story goes...
rusty aka russell the father listed on the birth cert of shannon (who is supposedly not the actual dad)
is the mother's live in boyfriend
also this rusty is supposedly susan's brother
none of that has been confirmed tho

Thanks.. Now where does Tabatha come in on this...
supposedly SB is Tabs aunt.all her stories (Tabs) are there..

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/chipley-fl/TBBMC04K2D553SJ3N/p11

Thanks Searching...
Welcome JG.. There are other links I have posted as well if you need to go back for info... What was done to little Nina was terrible so I can imagine what was done to Paul. and possibly baby Shannon

Thanks checking the links out...Its unthinkable how Susan did not to jail time except for 80 days... Unbelieveable.. A child missing and another  child abused...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #202 on: November 04, 2009, 11:20:09 PM »

May have already been posted:

http://fosterfollynews.com/news/2009Nov1MissingChild.php

$10,000 Reward Offered in Missing Baby Case (UPDATE)
Investigation broadening.
Wednesday November 4th, 2009

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #203 on: November 04, 2009, 11:21:57 PM »

I know this is a repost but I can't help myself

http://www.chipleypaper.com/news/chipley-4637-investigators-breaking.html

BREAKING NEWS: Investigators explore new twists in Chipley missing child case
2009-11-04 12:27:52

CHIPLEY — Authorities confirmed Wednesday they were investigating whether a 26-year-old missing child case in South Carolina is related to the disappearance of 7-month-old Shannon Dedrick from her family's trailer near the woods.

On the fourth day of the search for her, the investigation continued to include baby sitter Susan Baker, who said Tuesday in a News Herald interview she "loved that child" and tried to have the state intervene with the family. Baker also supplied an e-mail she sent to Gov. Charlie Crist pleading that someone help Shannon, whom she said was being abused by her parents.

Washington County sheriff's investigators are now working to determine whether she was the same Susan Baker implicated in a 1987 missing-child case in Beaufort, S.C. That child, then-6-year-old Paul Baker, never has been found.

A woman who said she was Susan Baker's niece confirmed she was the same woman. But that arrest, according to niece Tabatha Phillips, was "on a technicality" and Baker was innocent.

The Center for Missing and Exploited Children provided this synopsis of the 1987 case:

"(Paul) Baker was living with his father and stepmother, James and Susan Baker at the time of his disappearance. They have been arrested in connection with his disappearance. They were charged with assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature for allegedly beating him before he vanished March 5, 1987.

"Susan Baker told police she put him down for a nap that day and returned to find him missing. Deputies and police searched the area around their home for several days but found no trace of the little boy.

"After the disappearance, the couple's 6-year-old daughter was removed by state social workers who discovered broken bones and sores on her body.

"Susan Baker was convicted for beating the girl and sentenced to 10 years in prison for assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature. Paul has never been found."

Investigators were in briefings Wednesday morning. Spokeswoman Andrea Gainey said Baker was one of hundreds interviewed, that the Sheriff's Office was aware of the similarities in Dedrick's disappearance and the 1987 case, and that the person of interest still was not public information.

Phillips wrote Wednesday morning on her Twitter page that she "knows the POI is the one who cared the most."

Later, in a phone interview, she said, "Susan would not hurt a child."

"That's the only reason they're putting her as a person of interest now is because of all of that crap that happened way back when," Phillips said.

"They need to start asking (the mother) where the child is," she said. "She's the one that put it somewhere."

Washington County court records show a 2004 case labeled "67-04-DR-177/FIN JUD OF MARRIAGE" between a Susan and James Baker. Court records also show a mortgage for Susan and James Baker for a piece of property at 3395 Orange Hill Road, the same address cited in the e-mail to Crist.

Baker did not immediately return a phone messages.

A sheriff's investigator in Beaufort, S.C., briefly returned a phone call on the cold case but hung up soon after, saying he was in a meeting.
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #204 on: November 04, 2009, 11:23:19 PM »

I check the map where Baker lives and its not walking distance to where the parents lived..
rusty aka russell the father listed on the birth cert of shannon (who is supposedly not the actual dad)

susan baker does in fact have a niece named tabatha that is a fact... and we drew the conclusion that tab was her because of posts matching what the email susan sent to the gov said
Penny, I say supposedly because of a post by Tab... 
Tab -#71
"Whatever! This will be my last post, I was ASKED by others what I knew and heard! I was letting everyone know, and you don't know me, so don't judge me! Sick, my aunt is a step child married in, rusty is her adopted brother so NO I am not family you jackass! But I did know Shannon and I just want what is best for Shannon! It is hard not to blame the mother, look at the EVIDENCE they do have THANK YOU!"
Tab -#77
"NO NIECEE, She is not my sister! My aunt is only my "called aunt" she was my grandfathers step brothers daughter! Really no realation! Like I said, I was just trying to help, but instead of focusing on ME so much, what about the baby?"
lmfao searching i just read thru all the TAB posts and wow either she was blind sigted by her twice removed hlf brothers baby mama or she was in on the setting upof the mother along side with susan...
and how about that other niece that had no clue shannon even existed because rusty is the dad but not really omg my head hurts and even tho he was rude sick was right on the money... jeez that was info overload
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #205 on: November 04, 2009, 11:23:34 PM »

http://www.chipleypaper.com/news/baby-4638-home-missing.html

Deputies block entrance at baby sitter's home: Missing Baby UPDATE
2009-11-04 18:48:40

CHIPLEY — Authorities confirmed Wednesday they were investigating connections between a 22-year-old missing child case in South Carolina and the recent disappearance of 7-month-old Shannon Dedrick from her family's trailer near the woods.

On the fourth day of the search for Shannon, sheriff's deputies were at the home of baby sitter Susan Baker, who said Tuesday in a News Herald interview she "loved that child" and tried to have the state intervene with the family. Baker also supplied an e-mail she sent to Gov. Charlie Crist pleading that someone help Shannon, whom she said was being abused by her parents.

It appeared she is the same Susan Baker implicated in a 1987 missing-child case in Beaufort, S.C. That child, then-3-year-old Paul Baker, never has been found.

Washington County sheriff's investigators were working on that connection Wednesday. Around 12:50 p.m. Wednesday, two deputies from Holmes and Jackson counties were at the gate to the Bakers' property. The home was not visible, sitting down a long path and blocked by a hill.

Sheriff's spokeswoman Andrea Gainey could not confirm if deputies were descending on the home.

Baker, who was in contact with The News Herald multiple times Tuesday night, could not be reached multiple times Wednesday.

A woman who said she was Baker's niece confirmed she was the same woman accused in the 1987 disappearance. But that arrest, according to niece Tabatha Phillips, was "on a technicality" and Baker was innocent.

The Center for Missing and Exploited Children provided this synopsis of the cold case:

"(Paul) Baker was living with his father and stepmother, James and Susan Baker at the time of his disappearance. They have been arrested in connection with his disappearance. They were charged with assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature for allegedly beating him before he vanished March 5, 1987.

"Susan Baker told police she put him down for a nap that day and returned to find him missing. Deputies and police searched the area around their home for several days but found no trace of the little boy.

"After the disappearance, the couple's 6-year-old daughter was removed by state social workers who discovered broken bones and sores on her body.

"Susan Baker was convicted for beating the girl and sentenced to 10 years in prison for assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature. Paul has never been found."

Investigators were in briefings Wednesday morning. Gainey said Baker was one of hundreds interviewed, that the Sheriff's Office was aware of the similarities in Dedrick's disappearance and the 1987 case, and that the person of interest still was not public information.

Later Wednesday, Gainey said there were no updates and a News Herald public records request for incident reports, identifying information and a 911 recording still was pending. The News Herald requested those items Tuesday.

Meanwhile, Phillips wrote Wednesday morning on her Twitter page that she "knows the POI is the one who cared the most." Later, in a phone interview, she said she wrote that under the assumption that Baker is the person of interest.

But "Susan would not hurt a child," she said.

"That's the only reason they're putting her as a person of interest now is because of all of that crap that happened way back when," Phillips said.

"They need to start asking (the mother) where the child is," she said. "She's the one that put it somewhere."

Washington County court records show a 2004 case labeled "67-04-DR-177/FIN JUD OF MARRIAGE" between a Susan and James Baker. Court records also show a mortgage for Susan and James Baker for a piece of property at 3395 Orange Hill Road, the same address cited in the e-mail to Crist.

A sheriff's investigator in Beaufort, S.C., briefly returned a phone call on the cold case but hung up soon after, saying he was in a meeting.

Reached again later, Beaufort County Sheriff's Lt. Bob Bromage referred all questions to the state Department of Law Enforcement, which was overseeing the 1987 disappearance investigation. The FDLE was looking into the case to provide more information.

Also Wednesday, the state Department of Children and Families released an eight-page review of the agency's response to abuse reports at Shannon's home.

DCF was involved several times between March and September after receiving allegations that Shannon's parents, Crystina Lynn Mercer and James Dedrick, were using drugs and abusing her. The review found caseworkers conducted "thorough and timely work" and staff were reasonably sure the family was cooperating.

"Based on this review several actions are taking place to dig further into the Department's prior involvement with the family," the report said. It did not address an investigation into the person who reported the alleged abuse.
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #206 on: November 04, 2009, 11:25:59 PM »

Oh and Hey Sis, hope you are ok. I am all over the place getting info as it comes but wanted you to know I did see you..
wait what you have a sister on here... now my head is spinning LOL
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #207 on: November 04, 2009, 11:26:29 PM »

Thanks Klaas for the article...
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #208 on: November 04, 2009, 11:39:57 PM »

I bet Ms. Susan Baker is wishing she had kept her mouth shut and never met baby Shannon!  Don't know about my birth state of South Carolina but here in FL we've got the death penalty.  She picked the wrong state to get convicted in if found guilty!  
your right and it couldnt happen soon enough, she has already  lived alot of years on borrowed time, and since she culdnt even be thankful; for that and just stay out of trouble and leave children alone she deserves whatever she gets..

It's called Karma and I do hope my gut is right and they will make sure she does not slip thru the cracks this time

Search...weren't you the monkey who found out about this Susan? I am trying to get caught up on this thread...if so, good work!
SEARCHING,won't blow her own horn, but I am pretty sure she did. She is one of the best sleuthing minds on the threads. 

naaa, I was one of many that was sleuthing info after someone posted that her name may be associated with another MP case.

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #209 on: November 04, 2009, 11:42:01 PM »

susan baker does in fact have a niece named tabatha that is a fact... and we drew the conclusion that tab was her because of posts matching what the email susan sent to the gov said
Penny, I say supposedly because of a post by Tab... 
Tab -#71
"Whatever! This will be my last post, I was ASKED by others what I knew and heard! I was letting everyone know, and you don't know me, so don't judge me! Sick, my aunt is a step child married in, rusty is her adopted brother so NO I am not family you jackass! But I did know Shannon and I just want what is best for Shannon! It is hard not to blame the mother, look at the EVIDENCE they do have THANK YOU!"
Tab -#77
"NO NIECEE, She is not my sister! My aunt is only my "called aunt" she was my grandfathers step brothers daughter! Really no realation! Like I said, I was just trying to help, but instead of focusing on ME so much, what about the baby?"
lmfao searching i just read thru all the TAB posts and wow either she was blind sigted by her twice removed hlf brothers baby mama or she was in on the setting upof the mother along side with susan...
and how about that other niece that had no clue shannon even existed because rusty is the dad but not really omg my head hurts and even tho he was rude sick was right on the money... jeez that was info overload

LOLOL Penny, she had several doing the huh the other night, she also went into a chat and was answering questions in the same triple step manner as she did there..

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #210 on: November 04, 2009, 11:43:00 PM »

There is new stuff at the end of this article: http://www.newsherald.com/news/pleas...d-chipley.html

~snip~ Baker said she had no clue where the girl could be, but she expressed a firm belief that Shannon often went ignored by her parents, who she said lived in the trailer among roaches.

Baker told of an evening she tried to make Shannon’s parents notice her turning over in her playpen — a rare feat. But “Tina and Rusty couldn’t take their eyes off the TV long enough to see their child turn over,” she said.

She spoke with the News Herald after some hesitation, claiming the Sheriff’s Office warned her not to speak to reporters — a claim the spokeswoman, Gainey, called “untrue.”

Baker eventually detailed a night two weeks ago when Mercer sat on a bed and “said she wished that Shannon would disappear because Shannon’s not Rusty’s daughter, and she wished that Shannon was gone, so she could have a baby with Rusty.”

It disturbed Baker to see Shannon’s parents so uncaring, she said. She claimed there were many times she was allowed to take Shannon away for “as long as I wanted.”

But a stranger’s abduction was impossible, she said, as the family’s door remained latch-bolted shut every day, and “there was no way in this world that anybody could get in that trailer.”

Baker, in the middle of baby-sitting other children Tuesday night, said she wants more interrogations done in the case.

“They need to pin Tina against the wall … until she tells them what she did with that baby,” Baker said.

“Instead of chasing ghosts into the bushes and stuff,” she said, “they need to focus on that.”

I had not seen all of these quotes before.... had any of you? Is this old to everyone but me?

Salem
------------------------------------------
from WS
Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #211 on: November 04, 2009, 11:49:26 PM »

Oh and Hey Sis, hope you are ok. I am all over the place getting info as it comes but wanted you to know I did see you..
wait what you have a sister on here... now my head is spinning LOL

Penny, FannieMae and I have been blogging together for a long time and been thru a lot together, she is like a sister to me. Just as I love all of you and have shared my life with you, I have with her also.

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #212 on: November 04, 2009, 11:56:03 PM »

There is new stuff at the end of this article: http://www.newsherald.com/news/pleas...d-chipley.html

~snip~ Baker said she had no clue where the girl could be, but she expressed a firm belief that Shannon often went ignored by her parents, who she said lived in the trailer among roaches.

Baker told of an evening she tried to make Shannon’s parents notice her turning over in her playpen — a rare feat. But “Tina and Rusty couldn’t take their eyes off the TV long enough to see their child turn over,” she said.

She spoke with the News Herald after some hesitation, claiming the Sheriff’s Office warned her not to speak to reporters — a claim the spokeswoman, Gainey, called “untrue.”

Baker eventually detailed a night two weeks ago when Mercer sat on a bed and “said she wished that Shannon would disappear because Shannon’s not Rusty’s daughter, and she wished that Shannon was gone, so she could have a baby with Rusty.”

It disturbed Baker to see Shannon’s parents so uncaring, she said. She claimed there were many times she was allowed to take Shannon away for “as long as I wanted.”

But a stranger’s abduction was impossible, she said, as the family’s door remained latch-bolted shut every day, and “there was no way in this world that anybody could get in that trailer.”

Baker, in the middle of baby-sitting other children Tuesday night, said she wants more interrogations done in the case.

“They need to pin Tina against the wall … until she tells them what she did with that baby,” Baker said.

“Instead of chasing ghosts into the bushes and stuff,” she said, “they need to focus on that.”

I had not seen all of these quotes before.... had any of you? Is this old to everyone but me?

Salem
------------------------------------------
from WS

Thanks Toler... Funny coming from the same person that had a 3 year old Paul vanish on her watch huh?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #213 on: November 05, 2009, 12:07:59 AM »

http://www.newsherald.com/news/span-78790-baker-class.html

Missing baby update coming tonight
By ANDREW GANT / News Herald Writer
2009-11-04 10:13:11

A full update on the case of missing baby Shannon Dedrick will be posted soon. Below is a partial account of Wednesday's developments:

CHIPLEY — Authorities confirmed Wednesday they were investigating connections between a 22-year-old missing child case in South Carolina and the recent disappearance of 7-month-old Shannon Dedrick from her family's trailer near the woods.

On the fourth day of the search for Shannon, sheriff's deputies were at the home of baby sitter Susan Baker, who said Tuesday in a News Herald interview she "loved that child" and tried to have the state intervene with the family. Baker also supplied an e-mail she sent to Gov. Charlie Crist pleading that someone help Shannon, whom she said was being abused by her parents. Read that story here »

It appeared she is the same Susan Baker implicated in a 1987 missing-child case in Beaufort, S.C. That child, then-3-year-old Paul Baker, never has been found.

Washington County sheriff's investigators were working on that connection Wednesday. Around 12:50 p.m. Wednesday, two deputies from Holmes and Jackson counties were at the gate to the Bakers' property. The home was not visible, sitting down a long path and blocked by a hill.

Sheriff's spokeswoman Andrea Gainey could not confirm if deputies were descending on the home.

Baker, who was in contact with The News Herald multiple times Tuesday night, could not be reached multiple times Wednesday.

A woman who said she was Baker's niece confirmed she was the same woman accused in the 1987 disappearance. But that arrest, according to niece Tabatha Phillips, was "on a technicality" and Baker was innocent.

The Center for Missing and Exploited Children provided this synopsis of the cold case:

Investigators were in briefings Wednesday morning. Gainey said Baker was one of hundreds interviewed, that the Sheriff's Office was aware of the similarities in Dedrick's disappearance and the 1987 case, and that the person of interest still was not public information.

Later Wednesday, Gainey said there were no updates and a News Herald public records request for incident reports, identifying information and a 911 recording still was pending. The News Herald requested those items Tuesday.

Meanwhile, Phillips wrote Wednesday morning on her Twitter page that she "knows the POI is the one who cared the most." Later, in a phone interview, she said she wrote that under the assumption that Baker is the person of interest.

But "Susan would not hurt a child," she said.

Reached again later, Beaufort County Sheriff's Lt. Bob Bromage referred all questions to the state Department of Law Enforcement, which was overseeing the 1987 disappearance investigation. The FDLE was looking into the case to provide more information.

Also Wednesday, the state Department of Children and Families released an eight-page review of the agency's response to abuse reports at Shannon's home.

DCF was involved several times between March and September after receiving allegations that Shannon's parents, Crystina Lynn Mercer and James Dedrick, were using drugs and abusing her. The review found caseworkers conducted "thorough and timely work" and staff were reasonably sure the family was cooperating.

"Based on this review several actions are taking place to dig further into the Department's prior involvement with the family," the report said. It did not address an investigation into the person who reported the alleged abuse.

Last updated Wednesday, Nov. 4, at 5:20 p.m. CST.

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #214 on: November 05, 2009, 12:33:19 AM »

Well what I am getting out of this I think the Babysister abuser/ killer took advantage of Shannon's parents and the situation.. It wouldn't put it pass me the Psyco babysitter did this ....Baker should of been rotting in jail along time ago ..
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #215 on: November 05, 2009, 12:48:42 AM »

Well what I am getting out of this I think the Babysister abuser/ killer took advantage of Shannon's parents and the situation.. It wouldn't put it pass me the Psyco babysitter did this ....Baker should of been rotting in jail along time ago ..
Amen....you got that right.......this is the reason you cant let your kids out of your sight, people like this so called babysitter slinking around when she should have been behind bars......

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #216 on: November 05, 2009, 01:30:05 AM »

I believe I found Tabatha's  Phillips maiden name... Yeomans

Now what is the relationship to Susan Baker..

Marriage certificate... In July of 2006

https://www.myfloridacounty.com/serv/MyFloridaCounty/ORI/Order

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #217 on: November 05, 2009, 01:43:56 AM »

Sheriff Calls 1 a.m. Press Conference in Missing Baby Case

http://www.fosterfollynews.com/news/2009Nov4PressConferenceAboutBaby.php

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #218 on: November 05, 2009, 01:45:13 AM »

JG wanna join us in the chat while we wait?

http://www.panhandleparade.com/index.php/externals/stream_chat/

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #219 on: November 05, 2009, 01:48:17 AM »

JG wanna join us in the chat while we wait?

http://www.panhandleparade.com/index.php/externals/stream_chat/

Thanks.. Where is the chat at.. Thanks for inviting me...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.