April 16, 2024, 10:31:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shannon Lea Dedrick, 7mo old missing from home 10/31/09 Chipley, FL(FOUND ALIVE)  (Read 83765 times)
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #220 on: November 05, 2009, 02:28:19 AM »

Baby Found Alive: At a news conference held early Thursday morning the Washington County Sheriff reported that 7-month-old Shannon Dedrick was found alive. More details shortly at wmbb.com.

Read more: http://www.panhandleparade.com/index.php/mbb/article/news_conference_on_missing_baby_scheduled_for_100_a.m._thursday/mbb7719708/#ixzz0Vy46swSN

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #221 on: November 05, 2009, 02:40:08 AM »

Sheriff Haddock says Shannon was found in a box under Susan and Paul’s bed around 9:55 p.m. Wednesday. Shannon was rushed to Northwest Florida Hospital. Susan and Paul Baker are in custody. The mother of Shannon, Christina Mercer is also in police custody. The investigation is on-going.

God Bless Shannon is found...
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #222 on: November 05, 2009, 02:45:05 AM »

Baby Shannon Dedrick found alive, Washington County sheriff confirms.

http://twitter.com/wdglover
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #223 on: November 05, 2009, 03:04:13 AM »

Baby Found Alive
3395 Orange Hill Road
Chipley, FL

Read more: http://www.panhandleparade.com/index.php/mbb/article/news_conference_on_missing_baby_scheduled_for_100_a.m._thursday/19708/#ixzz0VyCsxyO5

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #224 on: November 05, 2009, 03:52:11 AM »

I thought for sure the parents were involved. Glad to see I was proven wrong. Poor baby, all alone in a box for all those house (maybe even days).

The thought of that makes my heart heavy. 

I'm glad she's been found safely.
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #225 on: November 05, 2009, 04:02:35 AM »

Hallelujah and I thank the Lord that baby Shannon was found alive!          
I was reading along trying to catch up and suddenly she's found. 
I loved catching up on this tonite - what a wonderful outcome and I
didn't have a clue till I got to the last pages of the thread...

Now it's time for justice for Shannon.  I wish Paul Baker could be found alive also or at least what happened to him. I hope this will bring some justice for his sister too. There has been alot of awesome sleuthing on this case.  You monkeys are the greatest bunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #226 on: November 05, 2009, 06:19:42 AM »

I thought for sure the parents were involved. Glad to see I was proven wrong. Poor baby, all alone in a box for all those house (maybe even days).

The thought of that makes my heart heavy. 

I'm glad she's been found safely.

Mom arrested along with the babysitter.  Seems she was involved.  The pic they show on the news a couple hours ago have her sleeping like and angel and looking so cute and sweet!  I guess their money making scheme blew up in their face!!!  Too bad, so sad.  Hope they burn...putting a baby in a box under the bed, too stupid for words.  Our good ol boys won't let them get away with this cause of all the hours and time put into this and they were just being duped.  In my mind I hear "Sheriff Buford T. Justice in hot pahsoot!".  Only funny to me I'm sure!  So happy today, she's alive!  Now, DFACS, do your job and place this child with the family that wants her!
Could HaLeigh be alive too?  I wanna know!
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #227 on: November 05, 2009, 06:22:23 AM »

You know Ms. Baker must be pretty dumb...the neighbor said she had to move a little to let the van down the driveway around 9:15/9:30 am the morning Shannon was reported missing.  Wouldn't you abort your mission after that? 
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #228 on: November 05, 2009, 06:27:42 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,571888,00.html

Missing Fla. Baby Found Alive Under Baby Sitter's Bed
Thursday , November 05, 2009

A baby missing for five days was found alive and well under her baby sitter's bed, and Florida authorities said Thursday they plan to charge the sitter, her husband and the child's mother.

Investigators found 7-month-old Shannon Dedrick in a box tucked under a bed surrounded by items intended to hide the child at Susan Elizabeth Baker's home near Chipley, a rural Panhandle town, Washington County Sheriff Bobby Haddock said in an interview early Thursday. The baby was placed in protective custody.

"Statistically speaking this should not have ever happened, that we found this child alive, especially after so many days. Time was against us," Haddock said.

Shannon was taken to a hospital but appeared healthy, Haddock said.

"It was a very emotional for us, because once got her to hospital, we called our wives and every one of us was crying. Grown men crying. It's just such a relief" that the child was found, he said. "We've had missing children cases in the past, but nothing like this."

Haddock said deputies were working to charge Baker, her husband James Arthur Baker and the child's mother, Chrystina Lynn Mercer. He wouldn't provide details about the possible charges but said more information would be released later Thursday. Authorities don't believe the child's father, James Russell Dedrick Jr., was involved but the case is still under investigation, Haddock said. He said Susan Baker and the father are related.

Haddock confirmed that Baker was the Susan Elizabeth Baker cited in court records as being convicted of assault in South Carolina in 1987, and questioned but not indicted in 2000 for a 3-year-old child's disappearance, also in 1987. He confirmed that Baker wrote an e-mail to Florida Gov. Charlie Crist's office in August, pleading for the governor to help Shannon Dedrick.

"And my response is, 'We saved the child, Ms. Baker," Haddock said.

Court documents released Wednesday showed that child welfare workers in Florida began looking into allegations Shannon was being abused less than two weeks after she was born.

Her parents reported her missing around 11 a.m. Saturday. They told authorities that they had not seen her since about 3 a.m.

About 100 law enforcement agents and others scoured the woods around the couple's home, Haddock said. Investigators contacted the Bakers again on Wednesday and they allowed them into their home, Haddock said.

"They gave us consent to search the home and found the baby in a box under a bed, with stuff pushed around the box to hide the baby," he said.

Court records released Wednesday said investigators frequently went to the infant's home from August to late September and reported that both parents used marijuana and kept a messy home.

But investigators reported that Shannon seemed to be cared for and repeatedly cited that the risk to the baby was "intermediate." In September, an investigator said a physician determined that the child was healthy and expressed "no concerns regarding the baby."

Court records show Elizabeth Baker was charged in South Carolina with assault and battery with intent to kill and assault and batter of a high and aggravated nature in 1987. After being convicted, she was sentence to 10 years in prison. The sentence was suspended to 80 days.

She was extradited to South Carolina from Chipley in 2000, and charged in the disappearance of 3-year-old Paul Leonard Baker. The child was never found, according to the Beaufort County, S.C., sheriff's office.

Police reports don't indicate the child's possible relation.

A sheriff's investigator from Beaufort County was sent to Florida to assist in the missing child case, sheriff's spokeswoman Robin McIntosh said Wednesday.

SweetMorgan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #229 on: November 05, 2009, 06:34:05 AM »

How wonderful.  Thank you for a little soul that is still with us.  I hope little Shannon will now have a chance at a better quality life.  I am really happy to hear this great news! 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #230 on: November 05, 2009, 06:36:53 AM »

I am so happy to hear this!   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #231 on: November 05, 2009, 06:46:36 AM »

"And my response is, 'We saved the child, Ms. Baker," Haddock said.

Thank You God!!!!!!! Thank You Thank You THANK YOU!!!!

What a beautiful day it is today!!! Shannon is alive!!! People know she needs a good home!!!

YES!!!
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #232 on: November 05, 2009, 07:11:57 AM »

WOW - I am so happy that this Child was found safe and sound!  What a relief.  Kudos to the police and other people that searched - I am so happy that their persistence paid off. How great for these dedicated people to find a live child - it must make all the work they do worth it!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #233 on: November 05, 2009, 07:39:52 AM »

I was right Mr. Dedrick, the baby's father, is related to Ms. Baker and her husband.  Very confusing indeed but I thought I read it somewhere.  I think Ms. B is Dedricks stepmonster.  I can't imagine Dedrick not being implicated.  Will have to wait till 11am for the presser.
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #234 on: November 05, 2009, 07:46:33 AM »

I've been trying to figure out how to change the title on Shannon's title on the Gratefulness candle page here at SM from missing to found. (Oh it's so wonderful to use that word!) I thought it would be a good idea to let it be a page where we can light candles and pray for the little darlin' to live and grow up in a safe home...but I can't figure out how to change it. Help?

Edit:  The Gratefulness candle page threads are locked, because they are meant to have no comments, but are meant to be a place the candle can be found and lit.  Moderators and Administrators can go into locked threads or unlock them.  I've gone in and changed the subject line/title on Shannon's candle thread and in the post with her candle link.  Thank you for calling attention to the change we needed to make.  It's the first time I've ever been able to make a change in the gratefulness candle area where someone was found safe.   an angelic monkey  BTW, you can also use the "report to moderator" function to let us know we need to edit or look into something, so we don't miss it.  Thanks again  Muffy
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 01:33:05 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
sugarBabies
Scared Monkey

« Reply #235 on: November 05, 2009, 07:58:25 AM »

Thank you Jesus!!!!

Did ya'll see how that baby looked up at that Sherriff!  How Precious!
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #236 on: November 05, 2009, 08:53:07 AM »

How long was she in the box? I'm confused. The reporter asks how long do you think she had been in that box? And he answers..."Since approximately 8am this morning." Another reporter asks "And when did you begin searching that house? You found her at 9:55." He says "We started seraching that house at... somebody somebody help me...about 8:30 this afternoon..."

He can't be saying 8:30 this afternoon? I've listened I don't know how many times and I can't seem to make it out.

How long was that poor sweet baby in that box under the bed?
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #237 on: November 05, 2009, 09:05:23 AM »

Great, Great Morning Monkeys and Guest!

What a wonderful day the Lord has made. Thank you Lord that this precious little one was found safe.

I hope they put these pos under the jail and put enough pressure on them to find out where little Paul is...so they can bring some closure for his family.

God Bless you sweet Shannon!!!

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #238 on: November 05, 2009, 09:24:04 AM »

Baby Found Alive: At a news conference held early Thursday morning the Washington County Sheriff reported that 7-month-old Shannon Dedrick was found alive. More details shortly at wmbb.com.

Read more: http://www.panhandleparade.com/index.php/mbb/article/news_conference_on_missing_baby_scheduled_for_100_a.m._thursday/mbb7719708/#ixzz0Vy46swSN

wow and thank god she  is alive...
why is the mother in custody as well?
if this was a scam that they were all in on then they really need help... next time you want to scam someone don't use someone who really did make a child disappear!!!
OMG WTF?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #239 on: November 05, 2009, 09:24:39 AM »

http://fosterfollynews.com/news/2009Nov5BabyShannonFoundUnderBed.php

Baby Shannon Found Safe In Box Under Bed
Sheriff Haddock said the baby was found by Detective Kenny Brock in a box under a bed at the home of Susan E. and James Arthur Baker, 3395 Orange Hill Road, southeast of Chipley.
Thursday November 5th, 2009

There wasn't a dry eye in the room early Thursday morning when Washington County Sheriff Bobby Haddock carried bright-eyed 7 month Shannon Lea Dedrick into the press conference held to announce the baby had been recovered.

Haddock said the baby was found by Detective Kenny Brock in a box under a bed at the home of Susan E. and James Arthur Baker, 3395 Orange Hill Road, southeast of Chipley. Susan Baker was a babysitter used by Crystina Mercer and Rusty Dedrick (Shannon's parents), and according to Rusty Dedrick's sister was considered a member of the family.

Haddock said recovery of the infant came about 9:55 p.m. Wednesday night after Susan Baker gave deputies permission to search the Baker residence.

At the left Shannon's aunt and uncle beamed lovingly at the 7 month old.

At the 1 a.m. press conference Haddock said Shannon had already been seen by a doctor at Northwest Florida Community Hospital in Chipley (picture at the right) and would be taken back to the hospital for further observation following the press conference.

Sheriff Haddock said at the time of the press conference Crystina Lynn Mercer, Susan E. Baker and James Arthur Baker were in custody and at that time there was no indication the father was involved in the baby's disappearance.

Kandis Boyer, Crystina's mother, had made the trip from San Antonio, Texas to be with her daughter. Boyer said Crystina had spent the day with her and her two sisters and were settling in for the night when Sheriff Haddock called and asked that Crystina be brought to his office.

Boyer said her concerns were initially centered on finding Shannon, but now that the baby is safe she wants to see that Crystina receives the help she needs.  She described her daughter as "very confused".

According to Haddock,  the infant was discovered missing from the family residence (shown at the left) about 11:00 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 31st.  He said a short time later the Washington County Sheriff's Office received a call concerning the missing infant.

Earlier in the week Haddock said once his office became involved Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Bay County Sheriff's Department were called in for assistance.

K-9 units initially searched a 500-600 yard area around the residence; however, Haddock said that perimeter widened as no trace of the baby has been found.

Haddock said Thursday morning that Susan Baker had been a person of interest since the investigation got under way, but law enforcement officials were working with the State Attorney's Office to develop their case.

Happy that Shannon didn't end up as a statistic, Sheriff Haddock thanked all those involved in the search and rescue effort that ended with the infant being brought in safely. He said ground volunteers, law enforcement from surrounding counties, the Police Departments in Chipley and Graceville, along with K9 rescue units and mounted patrols all played a crucial role in the safe return of the infant.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.