April 19, 2024, 11:59:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shannon Lea Dedrick, 7mo old missing from home 10/31/09 Chipley, FL(FOUND ALIVE)  (Read 83824 times)
burkieandemme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #260 on: November 05, 2009, 11:24:59 AM »

What a miracle!  an angelic monkey
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #261 on: November 05, 2009, 11:48:12 AM »

Way to go Chipley, So happy happy happy this child has been find alive, now I hope they finally do something with this so- called babysitter.......she does not need to be around children ever ever again.......the LE caught on to her too fast or there's no telling what she would have done with this poor baby, she was probably waiting for the property to be searched and then she just might have disposed of her then........Thank God she was found in time!!!!!!!! God Bless Her little soul.....

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
sugarBabies
Scared Monkey

« Reply #262 on: November 05, 2009, 12:15:10 PM »

http://www.wtvynews4.com/cbsnewslivefeed

Link to live pressor
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #263 on: November 05, 2009, 12:35:01 PM »

Did I miss it, or were there no charges against James Baker? 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
sugarBabies
Scared Monkey

« Reply #264 on: November 05, 2009, 12:36:48 PM »

I can't believe the highest charge Baker has is a second degree felony!  Something else strange if the mom, Tina handed the baby off to Baker why report her missing? And if Tina did give the baby to Baker why not just say so in the darn beginning that she had the baby.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #265 on: November 05, 2009, 12:38:25 PM »

heard on the news just now that the baby was fed but had been left in the box by herself for about 12 hours...baby was not crying when she was under the bed...box that baby was in was pushed way back under the bed and that there was lots of stuff pushed up around the box...My word!

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #266 on: November 05, 2009, 12:38:55 PM »

I can't believe the highest charge Baker has is a second degree felony!  Something else strange if the mom, Tina handed the baby off to Baker why report her missing? And if Tina did give the baby to Baker why not just say so in the darn beginning that she had the baby.

very odd...I agree...

sugarBabies
Scared Monkey

« Reply #267 on: November 05, 2009, 12:39:00 PM »

Did I miss it, or were there no charges against James Baker? 
I didn't hear him list any charges against James Baker
sugarBabies
Scared Monkey

« Reply #268 on: November 05, 2009, 12:41:09 PM »

heard on the news just now that the baby was fed but had been left in the box by herself for about 12 hours...baby was not crying when she was under the bed...box that baby was in was pushed way back under the bed and that there was lots of stuff pushed up around the box...My word!
Yes and the box was a cedar box with a lid and clasp!
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #269 on: November 05, 2009, 12:43:39 PM »

wth....they said in the pressor that the baby was in this box for about 12 hours, and that there was a box of baking powder in it with her to hide the smell of her dirty diaper, this woman is nuts, nuts, nuts, and just what was she gonna do with her after awhile......Im so glad this child was found in time, they also said that the Mother and Susan Baker had met and the Mother had asked Susan to take custody of this child......wht again, why not just let Shannon live with her, why pull all this crap,,,,,,,,something is not right with all this.........Thank God they found this baby, otherwise I dont think she would have been alive much longer!!!!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #270 on: November 05, 2009, 12:44:35 PM »

I just watched this on Fox, and I am in shock about the charges as well! Am I correct no kidnapping charges either? And wasn't Baker one of the ones saying to ask the mother what she had done with the baby? I can't believe these charges aren't as serious as they should be! 

penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #271 on: November 05, 2009, 12:47:04 PM »

Guys not sure if i did this right because i've never started a thread before but here is one for PAUL BAKER... I want him found and I hope that LE can use these new charges to get the Baker's to spill where Paul is.... 22 years is too long
I realize this is an old case and we might not have much to go on but I wanted Paul to not be overlooked so here is his thread
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6428.new#new
sugarBabies
Scared Monkey

« Reply #272 on: November 05, 2009, 12:52:38 PM »

Guys not sure if i did this right because i've never started a thread before but here is one for PAUL BAKER... I want him found and I hope that LE can use these new charges to get the Baker's to spill where Paul is.... 22 years is too long
I realize this is an old case and we might not have much to go on but I wanted Paul to not be overlooked so here is his thread
Good job Penny....At least if they had charged Susan Baker with something higher she could have plead down using info about Paul!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #273 on: November 05, 2009, 12:57:47 PM »

Good job Penny....At least if they had charged Susan Baker with something higher she could have plead down using info about Paul!

where is Detective Searching? get her on this case right away lol!
seriously, this woman needs to come clean about baby Paul...the bio mom deserves to know what happened to her child...imo....

sugarBabies
Scared Monkey

« Reply #274 on: November 05, 2009, 12:58:14 PM »

I just watched this on Fox, and I am in shock about the charges as well! Am I correct no kidnapping charges either? And wasn't Baker one of the ones saying to ask the mother what she had done with the baby? I can't believe these charges aren't as serious as they should be! 
Yeah and she was supposedly telling her "neice" Tab and she posting all kinds of trash on topix.  This woman has a lot of neices....
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #275 on: November 05, 2009, 01:09:59 PM »

That's what I hoped for as well. But these charges don't sound to me to be serious enough that that will happen. And what she is being charged with, will be plead down anyway. No need for her to ever say a word about Paul. IMO 

Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #276 on: November 05, 2009, 01:25:53 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091105/ap_on_re_us/us_missing_florida_baby

Officials: Mom gave missing Fla. infant to sitter

By MELISSA NELSON, Associated Press Writer Melissa Nelson, Associated Press Writer   – 3 mins ago

CHIPLEY, Fla. – A mother who reported her infant daughter missing had secretly turned her over to her baby sitter, who hid her in a box under a bed, authorities said Thursday.

Chrystina Lynn Mercer gave 7-month-old Shannon Dedrick to Susan Elizabeth Baker early Saturday, about 10 hours before she was reported missing, Washington County Sheriff Bobby Haddock said Thursday.

The report led to a five-day search in and around this rural Panhandle town that ended late Wednesday when Shannon was found alive. Baker had allowed deputies and their search dogs into her home, which is about 12 miles from Mercer's. Haddock said Baker had asked Mercer on Friday if she could permanently take custody of Shannon, though he did not say why.

*snipped*

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #277 on: November 05, 2009, 01:33:32 PM »

I've been trying to figure out how to change the title on Shannon's title on the Gratefulness candle page here at SM from missing to found. (Oh it's so wonderful to use that word!) I thought it would be a good idea to let it be a page where we can light candles and pray for the little darlin' to live and grow up in a safe home...but I can't figure out how to change it. Help?

Edit:  The Gratefulness candle page threads are locked, because they are meant to have no comments, but are meant to be a place the candle can be found and lit.  Moderators and Administrators can go into locked threads or unlock them.  I've gone in and changed the subject line/title on Shannon's candle thread and in the post with her candle link.  Thank you for calling attention to the change we needed to make.  It's the first time I've ever been able to make a change in the gratefulness candle area where someone was found safe.   an angelic monkey  BTW, you can also use the "report to moderator" function to let us know we need to edit or look into something, so we don't miss it.  Thanks again  Muffy

BUMP

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #278 on: November 05, 2009, 01:38:29 PM »

I'm very happy Shannon was found.  The circumstances, though, make me   

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #279 on: November 05, 2009, 01:39:27 PM »

Crazy Susan Baker knew she could not adopt this child legally with her record so she probably got the mom to go along with the "missing" ruse.  She obviously has gotten away with it before in baby Paul's case. 

Susan Baker should have to register as some kind of offender so she just doesnt go under the radar.  She should not be allowed with in 50 feet of a child.   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.