April 23, 2024, 07:50:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shannon Lea Dedrick, 7mo old missing from home 10/31/09 Chipley, FL(FOUND ALIVE)  (Read 83852 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2009, 11:09:39 AM »

http://www.chipleypaper.com/news/chipley-4622-leaving-stone.html

‘We’re not leaving any stone unturned’
By JAY FELSBERG and ANDREW GANT, Florida Freedom Newspapers
2009-11-03 10:02:25

CHIPLEY — The search for a missing baby girl continued Monday in the woods around her parents’ home, where teams of dog handlers hacked through brush and turned over trash in hopes of finding her.

Sheriff Bobby Haddock said the search was underway again Tuesday morning.

They didn’t, despite widening their perimeter every hour. And as the second day of searching ended, what happened to 7-month-old Shannon Lea Dedrick remained a mystery.

“We’re not leaving any stone unturned,” said Haddock, whose agency took the lead in the case. “We’re even checking every Dumpster, residential garbage cans, and bags of garbage, ditches and culverts.

“The child couldn’t walk away; the child couldn’t crawl away.”

Baby Shannon went missing from the family’s home at 793C Brown Street sometime between 3 a.m. and 11 a.m. Saturday, when the Washington County Sheriff’s Office received a call about her disappearance.

The case was growing more difficult to piece together Monday as Haddock said investigators did have a “person of interest” in the case but that there was no sign of any abduction.

The person of interest remained unnamed.

So did Shannon’s parents, whom Haddock said had no significant prior run-ins with law enforcement. The parents were not speaking to reporters; Haddock spoke on their behalf at an afternoon press conference.

A state Department of Children and Families spokeswoman said the agency was helping authorities in the case. Any records of agency action on the child’s behalf, however, would be confidential unless Shannon was found dead, said spokeswoman Barbara Ash.

“We don’t know where the baby could be,” Ash said. “It’s heartbreaking. Let’s just keep our fingers crossed that they find her.”

Neighbors of the taped-off trailer said the rural dirt-road community was quiet, and most residents kept to themselves. Some had never seen the family. They had no information about any unusual activity there the night of Shannon’s disappearance.

“They had only lived here about two months. I only know that this is a wonderful neighborhood and I’ve always felt safe here,” said Donna Davis, who lives two homes down.

“I just know there’s a baby missing and I hope they find it,” said another neighbor, Susan Martinez.

Several children played in the road Monday as a sheriff’s deputy guarded the scene and nearly 100 volunteers and officers searched the woods. The barking of search dogs echoed.

The trailer’s lights were on after dusk Monday, but a sheriff’s deputy outside said he did not know if anyone was inside. It appeared to be empty, with the doors and windows, closed and intact, showing no signs of forced entry.

Haddock earlier said he would not call the search a recovery effort; he termed it a rescue. But nearly 100 searchers during Monday’s effort were poking long sticks through thickets lining Brown Street and doubling back to search again in spots where trash was heavy.

One dog handler said there were several such spots, littered with debris. The trash included baby diapers.

The trailer itself sits about 100 yards off Brown Street, down a dirt path lined by trees. It is just outside the Chipley city limits, in the county’s jurisdiction.

Search and rescue organizations from Liberty, Bay and Gulf counties came to help. Sheriff’s deputies from Bay, Walton and Jackson counties joined police from Graceville and Chipley and state Department of Law Enforcement officials in the woods. Firefighters rode all-terrain vehicles.

Haddock said cadaver dogs and specific-scent dogs from Chattahoochee Corrections and other facilities were deployed in the search.

A command post down the road was busy for much of the day Monday, with several trucks speeding out with emergency lights flashing. Searchers were using GPS as part of the effort.

Saturday’s search extended until 1:30 a.m. Sunday and resumed at 7 a.m. About 1,300 tips were called in when the missing child alert was first posted Saturday.

Haddock asked anyone with information to contact the Sheriff’s Office at 850-638-6111.
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2009, 12:46:35 PM »

well goodness, I thought this baby would have ben found by now, what the hell happened to this little baby that LE cant find her, like they said she couldnt walk, couldnt crawl, well then that leaves only that someone carried her somewhere, if it wasnt the parents then it was the people in the grey van, all this shouldnt take too much time to find out....good Lord,,

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2009, 01:19:21 PM »

well goodness, I thought this baby would have ben found by now, what the hell happened to this little baby that LE cant find her, like they said she couldnt walk, couldnt crawl, well then that leaves only that someone carried her somewhere, if it wasnt the parents then it was the people in the grey van, all this shouldnt take too much time to find out....good Lord,,

Hoping today that no news is good news.

God keep you safe sweet little Shannon.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2009, 02:24:42 PM »

http://fosterfollynews.com/news/2009Nov1MissingChild.php

Search Continues For Baby Shannon (UPDATE)
Shannon Dedrick has been missing from her home on Brown Street in Chipley since around noon on Saturday.
Tuesday November 3rd, 2009

Nov. 3, 2009

by Kathy Foster

Air and ground searches are continuing as law enforcement personnel expand their search for the missing 7-month-old Shannon Dedrick.

Mounted patrols, foot patrols and a helicopter could be seen Tuesday morning searching areas expanding from the intial search being made around the 793C Brown Street address in Chipley where the young white female infant disappeared from the home where her parents were living last Saturday.

According to the Washington County Sheriff's Department they are still in the search & rescue mode.
 (snipped)
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2009, 02:50:47 PM »

I hope I did this right. Please light a candle and say a prayer for Shannon to be found safe.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=SLD
SweetMorgan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2009, 03:11:35 PM »

I hope I did this right. Please light a candle and say a prayer for Shannon to be found safe.

You sure did.  Thank you!
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2009, 03:48:15 PM »

You did good!  an angelic monkey

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2009, 04:06:42 PM »

Thanks N&N.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2009, 08:02:09 PM »

Thanks N&N.   

OT for a moment...Thanks Klass for answering my ?'s and yes I was referring to Red Ranger, thought they may be the same person and again I saw it posted that you two (Red) were married.  Curiosity got the best of me.   I forget sometimes that we are all 100's of miles apart and I get to feeling like I'm talking to my friendly neighbors next door and can say anything.  I know I need to remember where I am and use my manners.  You know what they say about my assuming stuff...

As for baby Shannon it's very weird here 20 mins away from her home and it almost feels like I am reading about HaLeigh.  No kidding!  Nobody is saying a word here.  Nada!  We all think it's the parenst but what about the van seen around the trailor?  They aren't asking for help or the usual things they normally do. It's been in the low 40's here and that baby is too small to be out in this weather without food or water if her egg donor did leave her.  Any clues on the bio dad?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2009, 09:37:54 PM »

http://www.chipleypaper.com/news/search-4633-dedrick-news.html

No new news in Dedrick search

November 03, 2009 4:08 PM

The ground search effort for missing Shannon Lea Dedrick resumed again at 7:00 a.m. Tuesday, November 3, with over 50 search and rescue personnel from Liberty, Gulf and Bay County.

Search efforts included 8 K-9 teams on the ground and helicopter assistance from both Jackson and Calhoun County.  Local residents are urged to remember that helicopters will be in the area late into the evening as part of the continued search effort. 

Sheriff’s Offices from several surrounding counties, Team ADAM, an extension of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and the FBI are actively assisting with the ongoing investigation into the disappearance of baby Shannon.

“We would like to take this opportunity to thank the media for their extraordinary efforts in the dissemination of this information which has led to 100’s of tips nationwide” states Sheriff Boby Haddock.  “We are so grateful for the public’s response to help find baby Shannon and the resources from both neighboring agencies and volunteers in this massive search effort.”

While there have been no significant developments in the case, investigators are working each and every tip that comes in and would ask the community to continue to call 850-638-6111 with any information that may be relevant to this case.
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2009, 12:23:34 AM »

http://www.newsherald.com/news/please-78782-child-chipley.html

Months before 7-month-old girl went missing, worried baby sitter e-mailed Gov. Charlie Crist

By ANDREW GANT / News Herald Writer
CHIPLEY — Months before a 7-month-old girl disappeared from her family’s home, her baby sitter pleaded with the governor to “please, please save that child” from her parents’ alleged pattern of drug use, abuse and “really strange things,” according to an e-mail obtained Tuesday by The News Herald.

In response — on the third day in the search for little Shannon Dedrick — top officials with the state Department of Children and Families told The News Herald they were revisiting the case to see if they missed signs of danger.

“Did we miss anything? Were there any red flags? Should we have been more skeptical over the progress? We’re digging as hard as we can to see if there’s other things that we should’ve been doing,” Peter Digre, DCF’s assistant secretary for operations, said Tuesday night.

“As to whether we were being as smart as we could be, I’m not totally sure yet.”

In an interview Tuesday, Shannon’s baby sitter Susan Baker claimed the little girl’s mother said she wished her daughter “would disappear” weeks before the tiny infant vanished.

Even before that, though, Baker was concerned.

In an August e-mail provided to The News Herald, Baker begged Gov. Charlie Crist’s office to intervene, urgently claiming “that child needs help and no one is helping her.”

“I loved that child,” Baker said of Shannon in an interview Tuesday. “And I don’t know where she’s at. And I’m really sick and tired with all these games that’s being played.

“The only things they can come up with is exactly what they’re saying: ‘I don’t know.’ ”

Baker apparently sent Crist the e-mail Aug. 12, more than two months before Shannon’s disappearance.

The next day, Baker said, she received a call from a Child Protective Services worker who said he would investigate. She said she didn’t hear of any progress after that.

DCF, Digre said, received two reports on the family. The allegations included marijuana use around Shannon and a complaint that she had been shaken.

Doctors found no evidence of the latter, Digre said.

The family entered treatment programs and received help from food stamps and a Women, Infants and Children program. Home visitors checked on progress and DCF stayed in contact with Shannon’s pediatrician, Digre said.

“The reality is, for a number of months, we have had a lot of involvement with this family in many, many ways,” he said.

DCF Secretary George Sheldon said the alleged marijuana use “doesn’t necessarily give us the legal authority to remove a child.”

Today, Digre said, the agency would be poring over records for any signs they might have missed. Those records would become “totally open” if Shannon is found dead, Digre said.

Baker identified the mother as Tina Mercer and her boyfriend as Rusty Dedrick. However, the Washington County Sheriff’s Office – which has released little information about the case – would not confirm those names.

The Sheriff’s Office did acknowledge receipt of a Freedom of Information Act request from The News Herald, which asked for confirmation of names, incident reports taken at the time Shannon was reported missing and a recording of the 911 call.

But there was no response to the request and the Sheriff’s Office neither produced the documents nor cited a statute that would allow investigators to withhold them.

For days, investigators have feared Shannon is hidden in the woods or in one of many trash bins near her family’s trailer on a dirt drive off Brown Street.

Dozens of searchers have labored there, hoping to find clues.

“I know there’s a lot of rumors out there that aren't true,” said sheriff’s spokeswoman Andrea Gainey. “People are talking and spreading them as the gospel, and they are not.”

The Sheriff’s Office has not addressed many of those rumors, and Gainey did not immediately return a message seeking comment on Baker’s claims.

Baker flatly denied any involvement in the baby’s disappearance.

While the puzzling case has drawn attention in major newspapers and on cable television, many details have remained secret.

2 4 1
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2009, 12:31:20 AM »

There is video and a map at the above site. This is the Panama City paper.
I believe it is the HLN video.

2 4 1
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2009, 12:37:46 AM »

I borrowed this from elsewhere   

Look up info on Paul Baker
He has been missing since 1987, his stepmoms name is the same as the babysitter in this case, and they moved to Chipley Fla. years ago
 http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/baker_paul.html
 Circumstances of Disappearance
Baker was living with his father and stepmother, James and Susan Baker at the time of his disappearance. They have been arrested in connection with his disappearance. They were charged with assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature for allegedly beating him before he vanished March 5, 1987.
Susan Baker told police she put him down for a nap that day and returned to find him missing. Deputies and police searched the area around their home for several days but found no trace of the little boy.
After the disappearance, the couple's 6-year-old daughter was removed by state social workers who discovered broken bones and sores on her body.
Susan Baker was convicted for beating the girl and sentenced to 10 years in prison for assault and battery of a her. http://www.freewebs.com/scmissingunidentified/scmissingchildren.htm

Tillman Lee Shirley, Sr., 69, of Washington County, Florida passed from this life on Wednesday, April 1, 2009 in Port St. Joe, Florida. Mr. Shirley was born on Oct. 30, 1939 in Esto, Florida to Alto (Lee) and Elua I. (Pippin) Shirley. He had resided in Washington County, Florida for the past 25, years, coming from Buford, South Carolina. He was of the Baptist Faith. He was Veteran of the U.S. Army and fought in the Vietnam War. He had a love for playing the guitar in the Country Music Field. Mr. Shirley is survived by his children: Susan Baker, Chipley, Fl., J.W. Shirley, Bonifay, Florida, Tina Yedo, Baker, Florida, Ted Shirley, Westley Chapel, Florida and Donna Shirley, Chipley, Florida. 12 Grandchildren: 2 Great Grandchildren.

http://fosterfollynews.com/news/_obituaries.php

If this is the same Susan Baker (survivor daughter) and this guy lived in Buford, then I would think that yes this is the stepmom of Paul Baker who is missing.

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2009, 01:07:35 AM »

searching1 wrote:
from the link I posted.
family member wrote:
This thread is about the 7 month old girl shannon...I don't know of anyone else there missing...I hope you hear from your daughter soon.
To the comments about them being mentally +++++++...they were not +++++++, they had a different kind of mental deficiency that was much less severe than retardation, and the family down here made every attempt with social services to see if it was possible for custody the baby to be given to someone else here, but they were not of a low enough mental capacity for them to take her away, and social services was supposed to be keeping close tabs on them to make sure she was getting proper care since we are all so far away. We did what we could, and pointing fingers doesn't help anyway. I can only hope none of this is true about what Tina supposedly said and that someone has her safe somewhere.

http://www.newsherald.com/news/person-78739-baby-case.html#slComments

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2009, 01:32:15 AM »

He has been missing since 1987, his stepmoms name is the same as the babysitter in this case, and they moved to Chipley Fla. years ago
Baker was living with his father and stepmother, James and Susan Baker at the time of his disappearance. They have been arrested in connection with his disappearance. They were charged with assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature for allegedly beating him before he vanished March 5, 1987.
Susan Baker told police she put him down for a nap that day and returned to find him missing. Deputies and police searched the area around their home for several days but found no trace of the little boy.
After the disappearance, the couple's 6-year-old daughter was removed by state social workers who discovered broken bones and sores on her body.
Susan Baker was convicted for beating the girl and sentenced to 10 years in prison for assault and battery of a her. http://www.freewebs.com/scmissingunidentified/scmissingchildren.htm

Tillman Lee Shirley, Sr., 69, of Washington County, Florida passed from this life on Wednesday, April 1, 2009 in Port St. Joe, Florida. Mr. Shirley was born on Oct. 30, 1939 in Esto, Florida to Alto (Lee) and Elua I. (Pippin) Shirley. He had resided in Washington County, Florida for the past 25, years, coming from Buford, South Carolina. He was of the Baptist Faith. He was Veteran of the U.S. Army and fought in the Vietnam War. He had a love for playing the guitar in the Country Music Field. Mr. Shirley is survived by his children: Susan Baker, Chipley, Fl., J.W. Shirley, Bonifay, Florida, Tina Yedo, Baker, Florida, Ted Shirley, Westley Chapel, Florida and Donna Shirley, Chipley, Florida. 12 Grandchildren: 2 Great Grandchildren.

If this is the same Susan Baker (survivor daughter) and this guy lived in Buford, then I would think that yes this is the stepmom of Paul Baker who is missing.

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2009, 01:32:16 AM »

searching1 wrote:
from the link I posted.
family member wrote:
This thread is about the 7 month old girl shannon...I don't know of anyone else there missing...I hope you hear from your daughter soon.
To the comments about them being mentally +++++++...they were not +++++++, they had a different kind of mental deficiency that was much less severe than retardation, and the family down here made every attempt with social services to see if it was possible for custody the baby to be given to someone else here, but they were not of a low enough mental capacity for them to take her away, and social services was supposed to be keeping close tabs on them to make sure she was getting proper care since we are all so far away. We did what we could, and pointing fingers doesn't help anyway. I can only hope none of this is true about what Tina supposedly said and that someone has her safe somewhere.

what is that and where is it from please?

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2009, 01:38:33 AM »

Thank you Klaas, all things seem to be pointing to this babysitter Susan Baker also being the babysitter turned step mother of one missing Paul baker, also was convicted of assault and battery on the sister of Paul. Paul has never been found and Susan was released for time served and moved to .... Chipley Fl. where she and hubby were extradited from back to S.C for charges related to Pauls disappearance, charges were dismissed and they returned to Chipley.. That is what I have gathered so far from reading around.

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2009, 01:53:39 AM »

searching1 wrote:
from the link I posted.
family member wrote:

it is from the link I posted right there on the bottom, and its in the comment section, suppose to be a family members comment....

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2009, 01:58:13 AM »

searching1 wrote:
from the link I posted.
family member wrote:

it is from the link I posted right there on the bottom, and its in the comment section, suppose to be a family members comment....
If you mean Tab from topix, well, seems she admitted later that she was not family..

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2009, 02:01:07 AM »

searching1 wrote:
from the link I posted.
family member wrote:

If you mean Tab from topix, well, seems she admitted later that she was not family..
Oh , it may have been helpful if you had gotten my other post from there as well, the one that linked where that post was from. Here, I will get it for you.
User Image     
searching1 wrote:
from the link I posted.
family member wrote:
11/2/2009 1:37 PM CST on newsherald.com
Recommend

Report Abuse
User Image    
searching1 wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/chipley-fl/TBBMC04K2D553SJ3N/p2
11/2/2009 1:36 PM CST on newsherald.com
Recommend

Report Abuse

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.