April 20, 2024, 06:26:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shannon Lea Dedrick, 7mo old missing from home 10/31/09 Chipley, FL(FOUND ALIVE)  (Read 83830 times)
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2009, 02:01:38 AM »

searching1 wrote:
from the link I posted.
family member wrote:
This thread is about the 7 month old girl shannon...I don't know of anyone else there missing...I hope you hear from your daughter soon.
To the comments about them being mentally +++++++...they were not +++++++, they had a different kind of mental deficiency that was much less severe than retardation, and the family down here made every attempt with social services to see if it was possible for custody the baby to be given to someone else here, but they were not of a low enough mental capacity for them to take her away, and social services was supposed to be keeping close tabs on them to make sure she was getting proper care since we are all so far away. We did what we could, and pointing fingers doesn't help anyway. I can only hope none of this is true about what Tina supposedly said and that someone has her safe somewhere.

http://www.newsherald.com/news/person-78739-baby-case.html#slComments
what is that and where is it from please?

it is from the link I posted right there on the bottom, and its in the comment section, suppose to be a family members comment....
If you mean Tab from topix, well, seems she admitted later that she was not family..
No I have no idea who Tab, from topix is, this person wrote this entry in the comments section of this link posted.....

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2009, 02:25:12 AM »

searching1 wrote:
from the link I posted.
family member wrote:
This thread is about the 7 month old girl shannon...I don't know of anyone else there missing...I hope you hear from your daughter soon.
To the comments about them being mentally +++++++...they were not +++++++, they had a different kind of mental deficiency that was much less severe than retardation, and the family down here made every attempt with social services to see if it was possible for custody the baby to be given to someone else here, but they were not of a low enough mental capacity for them to take her away, and social services was supposed to be keeping close tabs on them to make sure she was getting proper care since we are all so far away. We did what we could, and pointing fingers doesn't help anyway. I can only hope none of this is true about what Tina supposedly said and that someone has her safe somewhere.

http://www.newsherald.com/news/person-78739-baby-case.html#slComments
what is that and where is it from please?

it is from the link I posted right there on the bottom, and its in the comment section, suppose to be a family members comment....
If you mean Tab from topix, well, seems she admitted later that she was not family..
No I have no idea who Tab, from topix is, this person wrote this entry in the comments section of this link posted.....
No, I pasted a post from topix there, that is why I specifically wrote in the second post after I posted the link quote"from the link I posted." and I just went and looked, it was a post from "family member" made on topix at the link I had posted. There was a Tab posting there on topix too and it turns out she is on the friends list of Susan Baker on ms. She seemed to be spreading rumors about the mother, the rumors LE has been trying to dispel. Given what has been found about 'susan baker' if they are the same, which it seems they are, the one with a missing step son and the baby sitter in this case, It gets my hinky meter going.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2009, 07:10:53 AM »

http://www2.jcfloridan.com/jcf/news/local/article/no_word_on_missing_infant/106011/
No word on missing infant
Staff Report
Published: November 4, 2009
The baby who disappeared from her home in Chipley Saturday was still missing as of late Tuesday, despite a massive ongoing search for the youngster.
An Amber alert was issued Sunday for seven-month-old Shannon Lea Dedrick.
She was reported missing by her parents around 11:30 a.m. Saturday.
Shannon is believed to have disappeared between the hours of 3 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. that day.
The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office and the Graceville Police Department are assisting other Washington County law enforcement agencies in the search for the baby.
Anyone who has information that could help locate Shannon is asked to call the Washington County Sheriff’s Office at 638-6111.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2009, 10:31:56 AM »

I borrowed this from elsewhere   

Look up info on Paul Baker
He has been missing since 1987, his stepmoms name is the same as the babysitter in this case, and they moved to Chipley Fla. years ago
 http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/baker_paul.html
 Circumstances of Disappearance
Baker was living with his father and stepmother, James and Susan Baker at the time of his disappearance. They have been arrested in connection with his disappearance. They were charged with assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature for allegedly beating him before he vanished March 5, 1987.
Susan Baker told police she put him down for a nap that day and returned to find him missing. Deputies and police searched the area around their home for several days but found no trace of the little boy.
After the disappearance, the couple's 6-year-old daughter was removed by state social workers who discovered broken bones and sores on her body.
Susan Baker was convicted for beating the girl and sentenced to 10 years in prison for assault and battery of a her. http://www.freewebs.com/scmissingunidentified/scmissingchildren.htm

Tillman Lee Shirley, Sr., 69, of Washington County, Florida passed from this life on Wednesday, April 1, 2009 in Port St. Joe, Florida. Mr. Shirley was born on Oct. 30, 1939 in Esto, Florida to Alto (Lee) and Elua I. (Pippin) Shirley. He had resided in Washington County, Florida for the past 25, years, coming from Buford, South Carolina. He was of the Baptist Faith. He was Veteran of the U.S. Army and fought in the Vietnam War. He had a love for playing the guitar in the Country Music Field. Mr. Shirley is survived by his children: Susan Baker, Chipley, Fl., J.W. Shirley, Bonifay, Florida, Tina Yedo, Baker, Florida, Ted Shirley, Westley Chapel, Florida and Donna Shirley, Chipley, Florida. 12 Grandchildren: 2 Great Grandchildren.

http://fosterfollynews.com/news/_obituaries.php

If this is the same Susan Baker (survivor daughter) and this guy lived in Buford, then I would think that yes this is the stepmom of Paul Baker who is missing.

Thanks Searching.

This monster was babysitting little Shannon??!!! 

And still nothing about the little darling today.

God, it's just so awful.
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2009, 11:33:31 AM »

Searching, have you contacted LE or the media with this information?  If the parents were not working, why would she need a babysitter? And how could they pay a babysitter?

2 4 1
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2009, 11:45:06 AM »

Searching, have you contacted LE or the media with this information?  If the parents were not working, why would she need a babysitter? And how could they pay a babysitter?
Thats exactly what needs to be done, just in case, sounds like o me the babysitter started talking smack mouths ago, maybe it was all true, or maybe she was just setting up a reason so when this happened she could look innocent instead of guilty..

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2009, 11:51:57 AM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/21519621/detail.html
Sitter Warned Of Missing Baby's Parents
7-Month-Old Last Seen On Saturday; Search Continues

POSTED: Wednesday, November 4, 2009
UPDATED: 11:34 am EST November 4, 2009
CHIPLEY, Fla. -- The baby sitter of a missing infant sent a letter to Gov. Charlie Crist months before she disappeared asking him to save the child from her drug-abusing parents.

The Florida Department of Children and Families said it investigated 7-month-old Shannon Dedrick's mother and father after the August complaint, and workers have had "a lot of involvement" with the family.

But DCF Secretary George Sheldon said investigators did not find legal grounds to take the infant away.

Shannon was last seen by her parents at their home early Saturday morning. Searchers have concentrated on the woods surrounding the home, in a remote part of north Florida near the town of Chipley.

The Washington County Sheriff's Office has released little additional information about the case.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2009, 12:02:50 PM »

this is the only susan baker listed in that zip code on the email... her household lists james as a member
http://www.whitepages.com/search/FindPerson?firstname_begins_with=1&firstname=susan&name=baker&where=32428
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2009, 12:08:12 PM »

hi guys i'm new to this thread but i.ve been following just not posting...
question as to why susan baker would be in contact with these people...
she is being reported as the babysitter is it possible that the word babysitter was used interchangably with caregiver... tha baby had medical problems and i don't see this family actually paying for daycare especially since no one in the house was working and i also don't see this susan lady working as a sitter for free going by how pissed she was that this family was getting free benefits... just a thought is she maybe a home health aide or something to that effect and thru the mill that turned into baby sitter?
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2009, 12:16:10 PM »

I borrowed this from elsewhere   

Look up info on Paul Baker
He has been missing since 1987, his stepmoms name is the same as the babysitter in this case, and they moved to Chipley Fla. years ago
 http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/baker_paul.html
 Circumstances of Disappearance
Baker was living with his father and stepmother, James and Susan Baker at the time of his disappearance. They have been arrested in connection with his disappearance. They were charged with assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature for allegedly beating him before he vanished March 5, 1987.
Susan Baker told police she put him down for a nap that day and returned to find him missing. Deputies and police searched the area around their home for several days but found no trace of the little boy.
After the disappearance, the couple's 6-year-old daughter was removed by state social workers who discovered broken bones and sores on her body.
Susan Baker was convicted for beating the girl and sentenced to 10 years in prison for assault and battery of a her. http://www.freewebs.com/scmissingunidentified/scmissingchildren.htm

Tillman Lee Shirley, Sr., 69, of Washington County, Florida passed from this life on Wednesday, April 1, 2009 in Port St. Joe, Florida. Mr. Shirley was born on Oct. 30, 1939 in Esto, Florida to Alto (Lee) and Elua I. (Pippin) Shirley. He had resided in Washington County, Florida for the past 25, years, coming from Buford, South Carolina. He was of the Baptist Faith. He was Veteran of the U.S. Army and fought in the Vietnam War. He had a love for playing the guitar in the Country Music Field. Mr. Shirley is survived by his children: Susan Baker, Chipley, Fl., J.W. Shirley, Bonifay, Florida, Tina Yedo, Baker, Florida, Ted Shirley, Westley Chapel, Florida and Donna Shirley, Chipley, Florida. 12 Grandchildren: 2 Great Grandchildren.

http://fosterfollynews.com/news/_obituaries.php

If this is the same Susan Baker (survivor daughter) and this guy lived in Buford, then I would think that yes this is the stepmom of Paul Baker who is missing.
link to paul baker's missing flyer
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewPoster&caseNum=600583&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2009, 12:26:31 PM »

here is anm article that says investigators ARE looking into susan baker being the same as the step mom of missing paul baker
http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/child-22268-case-family.html
here is susan's myspace
http://www.myspace.com/purplecolorcat
here is another news source regarding the possible relation...
http://www.newsherald.com/news/span-78790-baker-class.html
and what i find odd is the story goes she was putting paul down for a nap and yet he was last seen wearing his coat and shoes according to his flyer...
Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2009, 01:13:16 PM »

Yes SuzieQ, that was all turned over to LE shortly after it was pieced together from what I read. It appears to be that Shannon s babysitter is one in the same as the baby sitter turned step mother of Paul. Scary and sad at the same time. I doubt anyone knew of her previous troubles, if it is the same. They found J Baker on S Bakers friends list on ms also, there was a listing found for J and S Baker also from what I read. It does appear to be the same couple associated with Paul.

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2009, 01:17:08 PM »

http://www.lowcountrynewspapers.net/archive/node/120065

old article pertaining to Paul.

Thanks Penny, yes, Le was contacted yesterday about S Baker as well as the media being contacted.

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2009, 01:30:40 PM »

I just read on a chat that LE and news crews are at the home of S Baker now. Not confirmed yet, but news 7 I think is the one there.

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2009, 01:32:46 PM »

http://www.wjhg.com/

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2009, 01:45:56 PM »

Ok, it appears the person claiming to be a local and stating LE and news crews at S Bakers house has done a vanishing act, so most likely just rumor...

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2009, 01:48:16 PM »

Mrs. Baker just named POI on WJHG and 12:30!  They stated all info that was posted here too.  Thanks Monkeys!  I live here and you guys were quicker!  If I get into trouble I've given instructions to contact y'all! lol
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2009, 01:49:33 PM »

Mrs. Baker just named POI on WJHG and 12:30!  They stated all info that was posted here too.  Thanks Monkeys!  I live here and you guys were quicker!  If I get into trouble I've given instructions to contact y'all! lol

WJHG at 12:30 not and, sorry.
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2009, 01:52:53 PM »

OMG....I can just about bet you that this so called babysitter is responsible for this baby coming up missing and I hope this time she is thrown in jail where she should have been all this time. I think she is a new kind of serial killer, she seems to have a knack for being around children and then bad things happening, I saw on her my space where she said " Ive had my neice all week and it has been a good week"...or something to that effect, my God maybe someone should question that niece to, and who in their right mmind would let her babysit her neice, they have to be kin to her for this child to be her neice and so I would think they would know about the missing child from the past,and the girl that was taken away, some people just dont think, and now with baby shannon.....well her parents probably didnt know about this womans past, but that why you cant trust your child with just anyone......I hope they lock her up this time......she has obviously struck again,  they need to make sure of her where a bouts when any other child has come up missing.......terrible...

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2009, 01:59:50 PM »

HH you gotta remember the type of people we are dealing with.  From what has been stated and how they lived they seem to be of the Cummings/Croslin type.  The whole family I bet has been familiar with the wrong side of the law for a long time.  Even though the parents of baby Shannon don't have a record they weren't exactly waiting for the next PTA meeting kwim?  How dare this woman (if guilty) do something with another child and blame...let's see that is her stepson and mother of child right?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.