March 28, 2024, 03:01:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shannon Lea Dedrick, 7mo old missing from home 10/31/09 Chipley, FL(FOUND ALIVE)  (Read 83579 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: November 02, 2009, 09:03:02 AM »

7-Month-Old Girl Missing In Panhandle

POSTED: Sunday, November 1, 2009
UPDATED: 8:55 pm EST November 1, 2009

Officials in Florida's Panhandle are looking for a 7-month-old baby who disappeared from a Chipley home and that they are considering endangered.

The Washington County Sheriff's Office said Shannon Lea Dedrick disappeared from a home about 11:30 a.m. Saturday.

The child was reported missing by the parents and an active search is under way in the Brown Street area of Chipley. Search and rescue teams from Bay, Gulf, Jackson and Liberty counties are assisting in the search, was well as the Graceville Police Department.

Washington County Sheriff Bobby Haddock told the Panama City News Herald that nothing at this time makes them think the baby was abducted, but she "didn’t crawl or walk away."

The girl is 2 feet tall, weighs 11 pounds and has brown hair and blue eyes.

Late Sunday, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement issued a statewide alert for the child.

Anyone with information about the child is asked to call the Washington County Sheriff’s Office at 850-638-6111.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 06:29:05 AM by San » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 09:03:24 AM »

I have a bad feeling about this.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 09:22:05 AM »

http://www.fosterfollynews.com/comments.php?story=10362

Read comments:

Posted By: WHY  Monday Nov 2nd, 06:35:38 AM

Why wasn't the public made aware of this yesterday, then maybe more could have been on the lookout for this baby........I know it didn't just wonder out the door....Geeez people!
Posted By: sieric Monday Nov 2nd, 06:35:09 AM

I know the mother had something to do with this! I personally know the baby, and the mother never wanted her from the start! She has confessed! Why is she not in jail!?
Posted By: NIGHTINGALE Monday Nov 2nd, 06:33:17 AM

A WASHINGTON CO. EMS EMPLOYEE TOLD US THAT BOTH PARENTS ARE MENTALLY +++++++. PRECIOUS BABY NEVER HAD A CHANCE.
Posted By: CONNCER Sunday Nov 1st, 09:32:36 PM

MY FAMILY ARE PRAYING FOR THIS SWEET LITTLE BABY.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 09:25:52 AM »

heartbreaking.....

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 09:26:42 AM »

Sheriff's Department Issues Search For 7 Month Old Girl (UPDATE)

Missing from her home on Brown Street in Chipley since around noon on Saturday.
Monday November 2nd, 2009

November 2, 2009

Heard from Shannon's aunt in Texas this morning and she would like area residents to know that Shannon's mother, Christina, suffers from a growth development problem that may have been passed down to her daughter.  The problem includes a somewhat larger than average head, which her aunt says should make it easier to spot Shannon..

by Kathy Foster

A Florida MISSING CHILD Alert has been issued for Shannon Lea Dedrick, a white female, 7 months old, 2 feet tall, 11 pounds, brown hair, and blue eyes.  She was last seen at her residence in Chipley on 10/31/09.   If you have any information on the whereabouts of this child please contact the Washington County Sheriff's Office at 850-638-6111 or 911.

The Washington County Sheriff's Department is continuing a search for blonde, blue eyed, seven month old Shannon Dedrick of 263 Brown Street in Chipley.  (Shown at left)

The photo at the left was submitted by Lynda Padgett, aunt of the missing child. Padget lives in Texas and reports that Shannon's mother first moved to the Ebro area to live with her grandfather and later moved to the Chipley area with her then boyfriend.

According to Sheriff Bobby Haddock,  (shown at the right with Tommy Ford of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE), his department is following up every lead in their search for the child that has been missing since around noon on Saturday.

In a press conference Sunday Washington County Sheriff Bobby Haddock that nothing at the present makes them think the baby was abducted, but added that the infant "didn’t crawl or walk away."

Haddock said the call reporting the missing child was received by his department around 11:50 a.m. Oct. 31st and the FDLE, along with Search & Rescue from Jackson, Liberty, Bay and Calhoun counties have been at the scene. The Sheriff said the child was in the home of her parents when she went missing.

Haddock reported Sunday afternoon that approxiamtely 75 people are searching the wooded and swampy terrain area surrounding the home.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 09:30:47 AM by klaasend » Logged
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 09:29:02 AM »

Oh, KLAAS! So do I. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 09:31:13 AM »

Oh, KLAAS! So do I. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 09:36:57 AM »

OMG not another one. I really hope that 11 pounds is a typo. If not that is really small for a 7 month old. My gut says this is not going to turn out well for this precious little one.

Good Morning Monkeys and Guest!

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2009, 09:37:23 AM »

FWIW 

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/chipley-fl/TBBMC04K2D553SJ3N

Tab
Graceville, FL
11 hrs ago

Are you refering to the baby, Shannon, about 7 months old going missing from Brown St. in Chipley, Fl.? I know her! She is a very sweet child, I hope they find her soon! I know more but can't say much right now.

Tab
Graceville, FL
10 hrs ago

Well, the baby is my aunts niece. The parents to the little girl were neglectful, and the mother has already said she put the baby in the woods, and covered her with leaves. I hope the Lord takes care of her!

Tab
Graceville, FL
10 hrs ago

But the mother will not tell them WHERE in the woods she put the baby! It has been really cold for 2 nights now, and raining! I pray for the best, but fear the worst!

Tab
Graceville, FL
10 hrs ago

Yes, it will come back to her for doing this! She has not cried once since baby Shannon went missing, and the baby was "found" missing by her parents at 9am Sat. morning, but didn't call the law until almost lunch time! The mother has made the comments before that she wished Shannon was dead, and Friday night the mother took the baby "walking" late that night! I know she did it, and she told the police already that she put her in the woods and covered her with leaves! Tell me what mother would do that! I am just beside myself!

Tab

Graceville, FL
9 hrs ago

Rusty is my aunts brother. Rusty is tina's boyfriend! When everyone was given the lie detector test, everyone passed except Tina. She failed. Tina told rusty what she had done, and rusty told my aunt. When my aunt told the detective what Tina had said, he said that Tina had actually told them that already. Confusing, but Tina has made the remarks before that she wish Shannon was dead. If you are from Texas I am quessing you are her mother. I know you had a reporter from Texas come to help, but search parties are still looking for the baby in the woods, and until proof comes Tina can't be held in custody. My prayers are with you all. I was holding Shannon only a couple of days ago, it just don't seem right. Tina took Shannon walking in the stroller late Friday night. She woke up to notice Shannon gone at 9am but didnt call the law til lunch.
SweetMorgan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2009, 09:45:16 AM »

Many prayers for yet another innocent child.  May God watch over you and keep you safe.   
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2009, 09:46:54 AM »

maybe the mother put Shannon in the woods and covered her up with the leafs and Shannon is still alive? please let that be the case and God speed to find her while she is alive...

I hope that mom placed her out there and did not kill her first...

am I the eternal optimist or what?  an angelic monkey  sending this angel to Shannon to protect her  until she is found....

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2009, 09:52:32 AM »

http://www.panhandleparade.com/index.php/mbb/article/missing_child_in_chipley/mbb7719648/

UPDATE: Amber Alert Issued for Missing Child in Chipley
11/01/09 - 05:04 PM
By: Erin Hawley

Chipley, Fla:

An Amber Alert is issued for a baby missing in Washington County.

Washington County Sheriff’s Officials tell News 13 that a 7-month old child, Shannon Lea Dedrick, has been missing from a home in Chipley since yesterday. They say the child was reported missing at around 11:30 a.m. yesterday by the parents. They are centering their search in the Brown Street area. Officials say search and rescue teams from Bay, Liberty, and Gulf Counties are assisting in the search. They are also receiving assistance from the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office and the Graceville Police Department.

If you have any information… please call the Washington County Sheriff’s Office at 638-6111.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2009, 09:57:39 AM »

What an awful story. I pray this child is safe - if she is it only by the power of angles watching over her.  an angelic monkey Why would the grandparents not report that this child was in danger?  IF the parents are mentally +++++++ or mom said she wished the baby dead, then WHY would someone not have CPS out there? I know in Michigan they give in home help to parents to teach them how to parent. Does anyone know if they have had dogs out looking in the woods? I know there are lots of leaves ect on the ground here but still the dogs should be able to find her.

This is why I am so pro adoptioin - there are lots of parents out there that would have loved and cared for this child. Instead it seems that society encourages young unfit parents to keep the kids. How selfish!   

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2009, 10:03:16 AM »

Oh Lord please let them find this baby safe and alive!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2009, 10:19:20 AM »

http://www.chipleypaper.com/news/baby-4619-chipley-continues.html
Search continues for missing baby
November 02, 2009 8:59 AM
ANDREW GANT, Florida Freedom Newswire

CHIPLEY – Authorities from four counties were searching the woods early Sunday for a 7-month-old baby missing since Saturday morning.

The child, Shannon Lea Dedrick, “didn’t crawl or walk away,” said Washington County Sheriff Bobby Haddock.

Asked what could have happened to the child, Haddock said investigators were “looking at everything” and “at this time, we couldn’t say.”

Haddock also said “there’s nothing to lead us to believe at this time that this is an abduction.”

The infant was reported missing from the family’s Brown Street home about 11:30 a.m. Saturday. Both the mother and father were present, Haddock said.

Search-and-rescue teams from Bay, Gulf and Liberty counties joined Washington County authorities combing a wooded area near the house.
They searched until 1:30 a.m., Haddock said, without any luck.

The site was south of U.S. 90, an area of dense woods near South Boulevard and Orange Hill Road.

Haddock said the case still was considered a search and rescue effort, not a search and recovery.

He asked anyone with information in the disappearance to call the Washington County Sheriff’s Office at 638-6111.

The state Department of Law Enforcement also issued a missing child alert, listing the little girl as 2 feet long and 11 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2009, 11:33:35 AM »

OMG not another one. I really hope that 11 pounds is a typo. If not that is really small for a 7 month old. My gut says this is not going to turn out well for this precious little one.

Good Morning Monkeys and Guest!

Darla - I found this and think that 11 lbs could be right if she does have this condition.  Still very timy though...

http://www.bloggernews.net/122826

--snipped--

Shannon’s aunt from Texas notified the sheriff’s office to tell them she would like the area residents to know that Shannon’s mother, Christina suffers from a growth development problem that Shannon could have inherited. She says the problem includes a somewhat larger than average head. She is reporting this in hopes that this would make her niece easier for a stranger to spot.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2009, 12:08:01 PM »

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2009/11/02/Baby-disappears-from-Florida-home/UPI-76031257180127/
Baby disappears from Florida home
Published: Nov. 2, 2009 at 11:42 AM
CHIPLEY, Fla., Nov. 2 (UPI) -- A search was under way in Chipley, Fla., for a 7-month-old baby girl who disappeared from her house while her parents were home, authorities said.

Shannon Dedrick was reported missing Saturday and no sign of her had been found as of late Sunday, The Panama City (Fla.) News Herald reported.

"There's nothing to lead us to believe at this time that this was an abduction" and she "didn't walk or crawl away," Washington County Sheriff Bobby Hancock told the News Herald in a story published Monday.

Deputies from three counties were searching dense woods south of U.S. 90, he said.

A missing child alert described the baby girl as 2-feet tall, 11 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes

~ Peter Frampton
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2009, 01:11:32 PM »

My sons father is from Vernon which is in Washington County and my Sons ex girlfriend lives right there in Chipley, Im trying to call her now and see if she knew these people or what is being said and done there....I will post what I learn here in a while,....poor baby.

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2009, 01:12:01 PM »

“Cadaver dogs and specific-scent dogs from Chattahoochee Corrections and other institutions are also being used, ” Washington County Sheriff Bobby Haddock said.

http://www.newsherald.com/articles/person-78739-baby-case.html

Also they have a POI

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2009, 01:17:20 PM »

Sooooo OMG sad!!   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.