March 28, 2024, 01:13:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baby food recalled, may be tainted with botulism-Plum Organics, Emery, CA  (Read 2031 times)
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« on: October 20, 2009, 09:43:06 AM »

Baby food recalled, may be tainted with botulism
Monday, October 19, 2009
NorthJersey.com
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
 0 Comments    WASHINGTON — Plum Organics of Emeryville, Calif., is recalling some of its apple and carrot portable pouch baby food because of concerns over possible botulism contamination.

The product was sold individually throughout the country at Toys-R-Us and Babies-R-Us stores. The recalled product is sold in 4.22-ounce pouches, with a "best by" date of May 21, 2010, and UPC 890180001221.

"The product did not meet the FDA guidelines for proper acidity level," Paul Gerhardt, a member of the Plum Organics action team, said in a statement.

The company is concerned that the baby food may be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum, which can cause botulism, a serious and sometimes life-threatening condition. Consumers should not use these products, even if they appear to be normal, because of the possible health risk.

No illnesses have been reported in connection with the baby food, and no other Plum Organics products are affected, the company said in a statement.

More information is available by calling 888-974-3555 or by e-mailing info(at)plumorganics.com.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/Baby_food_recalled_may_be_tainted_with_botulism_.html

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 09:51:45 AM »

Plum Organics website does not appear to be updated with any info as yet.

http://www.plumorganics.com/for_baby.php

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.