March 28, 2024, 06:47:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jimmy Charles Scott 50, vanished 11/3/01 Jacksonville, TX  (Read 2857 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: November 03, 2009, 12:44:48 PM »

Jimmy Charles Scott

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: November 3, 2001 from Jacksonville, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: March 4, 1951
Height: 5'8"-5'11"
Weight: 130-150 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Graying hair. Tattoo
of an owl and a tattoo that reads "Born in the USA"
(possibly written in red and blue), scar on leg, scar on
right finger and arm. Black bi-focal glasses with
rectangular wire frames.
Medical Conditions: Taking medication for depression.
Asthmatic and is required to take daily medication. It is not
known if Scott was carrying his prescription at the time. He
is classified as disabled. History of alcoholism and drug abuse.
Suffered abuse as a child, which caused mental problems and
lapses in memory.
Clothing: Orange T-shirt with gray stripes, gray or blue
baggy shorts, athletic shoes.
NCIC Number: M-941999737
Case Number: Cherokee: 01-SO-1350; DPS: M0111010

Details of Disappearance
Scott was last seen walking down his street in Jacksonville, Texas on November 3, 2001. He was reported missing after he failed to show up for his first day at a new job. An extensive search of the area near his home provided no clues as to Scott's whereabouts. He had been unemployed for years at the time of his disappearance and thus had very little money.

Scott resided in the Plantation Estates community off of Highway 79. His sister said that he had been assaulted by one of his neighbors on two occasions prior to his disappearance. She claims someone once pushed Scott's truck into the river while he was inside. This alleged incident was not reported to police.

Trace amounts of blood were discovered near Scott's home, but laboratory tests determined that they did not belong to him. Authorities questioned three possible suspects in Scott's case, but there have not been any arrests due to a lack of evidence. Foul play is suspected.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Texas Department Of Public Safety
(800) 346-3243
OR
Cherokee County Sheriff's Department
Sheriff Rusk
(903) 683-2271

Source Information
Texas Department Of Public Safety
Tyler Morning Telegraph
Texas EquuSearch
National Center for Missing Adults

http://www.nampn.org/cases/scott_jimmy.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 12:47:26 PM »

http://www.lrcf.net/missing/JimmyScott/index.html
MISSING PERSON - Jimmy Scott
You can help find Jimmy - please print and post flyers.

Display the LRCF flyer and print the page to your printer.

The flyer as a PDF document is available here.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 12:49:59 PM »

Eight Years Later, Sister Still Seeking Half-Brother

RUSK -- Marie Martin wants nothing more than to bury her half brother next to family.

However, eight years after his disappearance, officials with the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office are still trying to find his body.

Jimmy Charles Scott was last seen Nov. 3, 2001, around his home near Plantation Estates and Myrtle Drive.

He was 50 at the time.

Cherokee County Sheriff James Campbell said he still thinks foul play was involved.

If Scott had wandered off on his own and died, his office most likely would have located him by now, he said.

Ms. Martin, of Henderson, said she believes foul play was involved.

"There (are) a lot of abandoned wells. He could have put the body in a car and taken it anywhere," she said.

According to an initial report from the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office, the woman who reported Scott's disappearance, Martha Hale, told authorities that Scott and Robert Carroll went to his neighbor James Heard's residence that day.

If Scott and Heard had been in an argument, Ms. Martin said it would not be the first.

The initial report from the sheriff's office states that Ms. Hale told authorities Scott had mental problems because of a previous beating from Heard.

Ms. Martin said she has been told that Heard wanted the medicine Scott took for mental issues, but Scott wouldn't give it to him.

Although Scott was an alcoholic and drug addict most of his life, he was working on straightening out his life and was set to start a job at Walmart the day after his disappearance, she said.

Search efforts

Officials say they have never stopped looking for Scott.

"Every lead we've had we've followed up on," Detective John Raffield said.

For example, he said they had a lead where an individual in an unrelated case gave authorities the name of someone who supposedly killed Scott.

However, after investigating the matter, it was determined that the individual couldn't have killed Scott because he was incarcerated the night of Scott's disappearance, Detective Raffield said.

Officials say they also have conducted various searches in the Plantation Estates area, along with other places.

One of those searches happened at a clay pit filled with water outside of Troup.

Detective Raffield said at least 12 vehicles were pulled out over a two-day period, but Scott's body was not found.

Additionally, trace amounts of blood were found in the location Scott is believed to have last been seen, but search dogs from Dallas, four foot searches and all-terrain-vehicle searches also have not turned up anything concerning Scott's whereabouts, Campbell has said.

To further help with the search, Scott's height and build were entered into a national system.

Campbell said they have gotten calls about skeletal remains as a result, but none matched Scott.

"I can certainly understand (the family wanting) to bring some kind of closure to it," he said. "... We haven't gotten a new lead on it in some time, but we're hoping we will."

GROUP FORMED

As Ms. Martin waited for answers in Scott's disappearance, she decided to start a group called "Victims and Survivors Against Violent Crimes."

She said the group sets up a Tree of Angels during the first part of December and invites all victims and their families to hang an ornament in honor of a loved one.

The event also includes a reception, a rendition of "Silent Night" and guest speakers.

"It's a solemn event, but it's a way these victims can honor their loved ones. This will be my eighth tree," Ms. Martin said.

This year's event is slated for 6:30 p.m. Dec. 1 at the Rusk County Courthouse in Henderson.

Ms. Martin said she is hoping that at least 150 people will attend.
http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20091102/NEWS01/911010369/0/FRONTPAGE

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.