March 29, 2024, 09:25:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Phyliss Mizioch 57, Phoenix AZ Found Murdered in Her Home 7/6/10  (Read 9799 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: July 12, 2010, 09:01:54 AM »

http://www.azfamily.com/home/Woman-found-murdered-in-Phoenix-home-97951394.htm(With Video)
Phoenix woman found dead in her home
July 7, 2010

PHOENIX -- Phoenix police are investigating a homicide after a woman was found dead inside her north Phoenix home.

Phoenix police Sgt. Tommy Thompson said a family member found the body of Phyllis Mizioch, 57, in her home near 12th Street and Coral Gables Drive at approximately 9:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Police believe the homicide occurred sometime on Tuesday.

Thompson said the motive does not appear to be burglary or robbery.

Police have not said how she was killed and there is no suspect information at this time.

Anyone who has information concerning this incident is asked to call the Phoenix Police Department Violent Crimes 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 09:02:26 AM »

http://www.facebook.com/justiceforphyllis

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 09:18:29 AM »

http://www.kpho.com/news/24176745/detail.html
(With Video)
Woman Killed In Upscale Phoenix House
Niece Finds Aunt's Body In Kitchen
July 7, 2010

PHOENIX -- The base of Lookout Mountain in Phoenix is home to some of the most pristine homes in Moon Valley. Tuesday, it was the scene of a homicide.

"Oh my god, I was in shock. I was in shock," said Hope Mcneely, who has worked for the past 10 years as a housekeeper at the home where the killing took place.

The body of Phyllis Mizioch, 57, was found at 9:30 p.m. Tuesday in her kitchen, Phoenix police said.

"Her niece found her," Mcneely said.

Police said there were no signs of forced entry and are calling the case a homicide.

"It doesn't appear that burglary or robbery was a motive in this case," Phoenix police Sgt. Tommy Thompson said.

"She was married, going through a divorce," Mcneely said.

Mcneely said the couple's 18-year-old niece moved into the home with Phyllis after her husband, Peter Mizioch, moved out. Mcneely said she doesn't know of any past violence between the couple.

"It was just a simple thing of trying to get rid of the place and making a settlement … just a normal divorce," Mcneely said.

Phyllis Mizioch was described as a private person but had a close relationship with people she knew best, such as Mcneely.

"She worked with the church, the chapel on Thunderbird Road. She did a lot of things, she was a good person and I loved her; I loved her," Mcneely said.

Police have no suspects in the case.

Thompson said police are not looking for Peter Mizioch and that he is not a suspect in the case.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 09:21:28 AM »

http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/2010/07/07/20100707phoenix-home-murder-woman-abrk.html
Phoenix police investigating death of 57-year-old woman
July 7, 2010

Investigators are working to identify a suspect in the murder of a 57-year-old woman found dead at her upscale home at the base of Lookout Mountain in Phoenix.

The slaying is likely unconnected to any burglary or robbery, Phoenix police said Wednesday.

A relative discovered the victim's body in the kitchen of the home in the 15000 block of North 12th Street about 9:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Phyllis Mizioch volunteered for a local non-profit organization that runs group homes for underprivileged children. Neighbors said she is survived by her husband and several children.

"She was a lovely person," said Marge Pelham, a neighbor who knew Mizioch for the past 10 years. "All she cared about was family," she said. "She was very kind, very generous."

The victim purchased the 5,000-square-foot home in 1999 with her husband, Peter Mizioch, who runs a Phoenix construction contractor business.

Neighbors said the couple had recently separated, and the victim had been living at home with other relatives. Mizioch family members could not be reached for comment.

Investigators believe the homicide occurred Tuesday, Phoenix police Sgt. Tommy Thompson said. Others who live near the scene of the murder said it was uncommon to see plainclothes police detectives rummaging around in the middle of the night.

"We didn't sleep well," said neighbor Viana Bruce, a 23-year resident of the area.

"You know what's going on, and you know it's not right because it's some kind of tragedy," she said.

Police are asking anyone with information to call the Phoenix Police Department Violent Crimes Bureau at 602-262-6141            602-262-6141       or Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 09:37:21 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 02:04:39 PM »

Thankyou so very much for adding Phyliss to your board, this was such a senseless crime and has left a family devasted and heartbroken.
Any help they can get on getting the word out helps so very much.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 05:12:32 PM »

Insurance claims from slayings linked to Phoenix contractor

Posted on February 26, 2011 by admin

by Dennis Wagner and Michael Ferraresi – Feb. 26, 2011 12:00 AM
The Arizona Republic

When Phyllis Mizioch was gunned down in the kitchen of her upscale Phoenix home last summer, it marked the fourth time in 21 years that her husband or his best friend was listed as a beneficiary on a murder victim’s life-insurance policy.

No one has been charged in any of the slayings.
 ::snipping2::

A detective told one of the insurance carriers, Protective Life, that Mizioch is a possible suspect in his wife’s July 6 murder, according to a court filing by the company. Protective Life and another insurance company are trying to block the Valley construction contractor from receiving $4.5 million in death benefits, citing an Arizona law that bans a person responsible for murder from collecting insurance-policy proceeds.

::snipping2::

Peter Mizioch held three life-insurance policies on his wife, whom family members say was about to file for divorce. Relatives say the Miziochs, who had remarried after an earlier divorce, had been separated for about a year and were in an argument at Phyllis’ home the day she was shot. Relatives feared for their own safety and obtained a protective order against Mizioch. They testified in a Justice Court case for the protective order that Peter threatened to withhold money from Phyllis if she followed through with divorce plans.
 ::snipping2::         more.....
http://www.usdems.org/insurance-claims-from-slayings-linked-to-phoenix-contractor/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 05:14:41 PM »

Protective Life Insurance Company v. Mizioch et al

Filing: 210

Share|

ORDER, denying Mr Mizioch's Motion to Dismiss Mark and Russell Montoyas' Cross-Claim 69 ; denying the Montoyas' Rule 56(d) Motion 96 ; denying the Montoyas' Motion for Summary Judgment 70 ; denying without prejudice Mr Mizioch& #039;s Motion in Limine 81 ; granting Mr. Mizioch's Motion for Partial Judgment on the Pleadings or Alternatively Motion for Partial Summary Judgment 82 ; the Court grants summary judgment to Mr Mizioch on his Cross-Claim for Declarative Relie f; Mr Mizioch shall file a proposed order within 10 days; vacating the Arizona slayer statute hearing currently set for 9/13/11; denying the Montoyas' Motion to Strike Mr Mizioch's Motion for Partial Summary Judgment 106 ; denying the Mont oyas' Motion to Strike the Declaration of James F Bieleniewicz 182 ; granting AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company's Motion for Default Judgment as to Jimmy Ray Montoya 141 ; the Clerk shall enter declarative judgment against Jimmy Ray Mo ntoya that he shall not be entitled to any of the life insurance proceeds from AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company Life Policy #J 107 024 229 on the life of Phyllis Mizioch; granting the parties' Stipulation re Deposit of Disputed Funds and Dis missal of AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company 147 ; AXA shall be permitted to deposit with the Clerk the death benefit proceeds due under AXA's Policy #J 107 024 229 in the principal amount of $3,500,000; upon depositing the death benefit proceeds due under the AXA Policy with the Clerk and providing notice to the Court and all parties of such deposit, AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company shall be deemed dismissed from this action and discharged from any further obligation and liability to any of the Defendants with respect to the death benefit proceeds due under the AXA Policy. Signed by Judge James A Teilborg on 8/1/11. (REW)
docket at link
http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/arizona/azdce/2:2010cv01728/544708/210/
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 05:16:13 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 05:18:01 PM »

Protective Life Insurance Company v. Mizioch et al

Filing: 219

Share|

ORDER granting the 216 Motion for Reconsideration, but denying the relief requested. It is further ordered granting the Montoyas' 216 Motion to Stay. The Court will not order disbursement of the proceeds of the Policies until after the Court rules on the forthcoming motion to stay briefing. It is further ordered denying the Montoyas' 218 Motion for Accelerated Hearing as moot. Signed by Judge James A Teilborg on 08/11/11.(ESL)
http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/arizona/azdce/2:2010cv01728/544708/219/

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.