March 28, 2024, 05:13:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin to co-host the 2010 Oscars on 3/07/10  (Read 1475 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: November 03, 2009, 07:53:21 PM »

http://blogs.chron.com/celebritybuzz/2009/11/steve_martin_and_alec_baldwin_1.html

November 03, 2009
Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin to co-host the Oscars

Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin will co-host the 2010 Oscars.

Funnyman Martin won an Emmy Award nomination for hosting the 73rd Academy Awards and returned to take charge of the 75th event, but Baldwin has never fronted the big show.

Making the announcement on Tuesday, new Oscar telecast producers Bill Mechanic and Adam Shankman stated, "We think the team of Steve and Alec are the perfect pair of hosts for the Oscars.

"Steve will bring the experience of having hosted the show in the past and Alec will be a completely fresh personality for this event."

Martin jokes, "I am happy to co-host the Oscars with my enemy Alec Baldwin," while 30 Rock star Baldwin added, "I'm thrilled to be hosting the Oscars. It's the opportunity of a lifetime."

Baldwin was nominated for an Academy Award in 2003 for his supporting role in The Cooler. That year also marked his most recent appearance as a presenter on the show.

The Oscars will be presented on March 7 at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood.

This year's big show was hosted by Aussie star Hugh Jackman.

-- World Entertainment News Network

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.