May 01, 2024, 03:30:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #152 11/20/09 - 12/09/09  (Read 466750 times)
Protect the little babies
Scared Monkey

We are the voice for the missing or harmed!!

« Reply #1420 on: December 02, 2009, 10:54:44 AM »

Thank you Fanny,,,and hello monkeys...

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

We will go to great lengths to be the voice for the missing and harmed!!

~Light a Candle http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=CMA ~
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1421 on: December 02, 2009, 10:55:30 AM »

Thank you Fanny,,,and hello monkeys...

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

You're welcome.  an angelic monkey

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1422 on: December 02, 2009, 11:05:21 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-stop-jail-recordings-20091202,0,5395555.story

Casey Anthony team: Stop jail video
Her team is challenging jail recordings, death-penalty procedure

Casey Anthony's attorneys will get an opportunity next week to argue several motions, including one aimed at prohibiting the Orange County Jail from recording her visits with her defense team.

Jail officials said video recordings at the jail, which are routine according to corrections policies, are for the protection of the inmates and their attorneys, according to Allen Moore, a jail spokesman.

The attorney visits between Casey Anthony and her attorney, José Baez, are usually held in a classroom that is always digitally videotaped without any audio tracks, Moore said.

"Our recording system in that part of the jail does not have the ability to record audio," Moore added.

Anthony's team also wants the destruction of most existing video of their meetings.

Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland has scheduled a hearing on those motions at 9:30 a.m. Dec.11.

Next week's hearing, announced this morning, will likely draw more attention to the jail's policies on recordings.

"We have followed jail policies and rules very carefully and directly and we intend to continue do so,'' Moore said. "We will attempt to accommodate Mr. Baez, but never outside of jail policy," Moore said.

At times, a corrections officer is stationed outside that classroom or in one of the monitoring stations to observe the meetings, but not to listen to the conversations.

Moore said the jail follows the same video monitoring procedures for all inmates.

The only time a report is generated in relation to a meeting is when something inappropriate happens. In October 2008, jail staff warned Baez that he was not allowed to touch his client. Reports show corrections officers witnessed Baez hugging Anthony.

Moore said in a statement that jail policy "forbids any kind of touching between visitors and inmates."

Baez refrained from touching his attorney after those warnings.

This is not the first time the issue of jail recordings has come in the Anthony case.

A video shot at the jail on Dec. 11, the day the remains of Caylee Anthony were discovered less than a mile from her family home, reportedly shows Casey Anthony reacting severely to the news.

Corrections Lt. Tammy Unser told detectives Anthony began to breathe rapidly, her hands became sweaty and red blotches appeared on her neck after hearing the news on a TV hours after the discovery.

She also requested a sedative from medical staff.

Anthony's defense team didn't want the video, which has no sound, released to the media. Her attorneys argued the images could be misleading and it violated her medical privacy.

Local and national media, including the Orlando Sentinel, had filed legal documents to persuade Strickland to release the video. However, Strickland acknowledged the Sentinel's request and ruled against it.

In June, Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland ordered the court to seal that video.

Next week's hearing also will allow Anthony's defense lawyers to argue another motion — one that argues that Florida's death-penalty procedure is unconstitutional.

And because the procedure is unconstitutional, the death penalty should be precluded as a potential sentence, their motion argues.

Defense lawyers Baez and Andrea Lyon filed that motion about two weeks ago.

In it, her lawyers argued, "Even if the death penalty procedure were constitutional, the State has failed to charge Miss Anthony with the aggravating circumstances necessary to impose the death penalty; thus, a death sentence in this case would violate due process."

Anthony's lawyers argued in their motion that Florida's capital-sentencing procedure "violates the notice and jury trial rights guaranteed by the Sixth and Fourteenth Amendments to the United States Constitution."

Anthony, 23, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of 2-year-old Caylee.

The toddler was reported missing in July 2008 — about a month after she was last seen alive.

Caylee's remains were discovered December 2008 in woods just blocks away from her family's east Orange County home

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1423 on: December 02, 2009, 11:08:32 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1424 on: December 02, 2009, 11:32:36 AM »

Thanks Cece.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1425 on: December 02, 2009, 12:12:44 PM »

Thanks CECE. 

I wish they still held public hangings. I would go.   

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1426 on: December 02, 2009, 12:23:56 PM »

Thanks CECE. 

I wish they still held public hangings. I would go.   
lol count me in!

Loca
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1427 on: December 02, 2009, 12:33:30 PM »

I have a question... When the defense filed the motion wanting the prosecution to tell what evidence they have proving KC did this, does this mean we may find out about other evidence we haven't seen yet? Do you think the state will reveal if they've got something really really good? Or will it be just what we've seen so far? Thank you...

Jesse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1428 on: December 02, 2009, 01:05:36 PM »

Next week's hearing also will allow Anthony's defense lawyers to argue another motion — one that argues that Florida's death-penalty procedure is unconstitutional

what exactly do they think they are going to get with this motion? That Strickland is going to change Florida law for them? He needs to be a bit more forefull and get rid of the frivilous motions that the defense is filing
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1429 on: December 02, 2009, 01:18:21 PM »

Hornsby posted this and for me it answers a couple questions

Everyone needs to be 100% clear on something. Until the jury is sworn in, it does not matter what the defense claims to the media or in any pretrial hearing - they are not bound to those statements, nor can those statements be used against them in trial.

The only thing the defense attorneys can be held to, is the theory of defense they provide during opening statements.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1430 on: December 02, 2009, 01:20:01 PM »

I have a question... When the defense filed the motion wanting the prosecution to tell what evidence they have proving KC did this, does this mean we may find out about other evidence we haven't seen yet? Do you think the state will reveal if they've got something really really good? Or will it be just what we've seen so far? Thank you...

Gizzie...I have no answer to your question...wish I did....JMO, I doubt the State will have to play all their cards....but perhaps something else...

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1431 on: December 02, 2009, 01:25:55 PM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/120209-anthony-back-in-court
Casey Anthony back in court next week

Updated: Wednesday, 02 Dec 2009, 10:38 AM EST
Published : Wednesday, 02 Dec 2009, 10:36 AM EST

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Casey Anthony will be back in court Friday December 11 for motion hearings.

Judge Strickland will hear four motions in the State vs. Casey Anthony case beginning at 9:30 a.m.:

Motion to preclude the death penalty procedures
Motion for a protective order prohibiting Orange County Jail from videotaping attorney visits
Motion for a protective order directing Orange County Jail to destroy videos of family visits
Motion to dismiss counts 1,2, 4, 5, 7, 8 10, 11, 13 for violation of double jeopardy clause

Anthony’s lawyers filed the motions saying there isn't enough information in the murder indictment for Anthony to defend herself so they want it thrown out. They are also trying to get the check fraud case dropped too claiming double jeopardy because she faces several counts of basically the same charge.

Anthony, 23, has pleaded not guilty on charges that she killed her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee Marie , claiming a babysitter kidnapped her toddler. Caylee was last seen in June of 2008, but she was not reported missing until a month later. Her remains were found in woods near the family's home in December.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1432 on: December 02, 2009, 01:27:59 PM »

Everyone needs to be 100% clear on something. Until the jury is sworn in, it does not matter what the defense claims to the media or in any pretrial hearing - they are not bound to those statements, nor can those statements be used against them in trial.

The only thing the defense attorneys can be held to, is the theory of defense they provide during opening statements.
And that is why I think the nanny bs, will be abandoned, or at least it would make sense to do so.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1433 on: December 02, 2009, 01:32:21 PM »

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Casey Anthony will be back in court Friday December 11 for motion hearings.

Judge Strickland will hear four motions in the State vs. Casey Anthony case beginning at 9:30 a.m.:

Motion for a protective order prohibiting Orange County Jail from videotaping attorney visits
Motion for a protective order directing Orange County Jail to destroy videos of family visits
Motion to dismiss counts 1,2, 4, 5, 7, 8 10, 11, 13 for violation of double jeopardy clause

Anthony’s lawyers filed the motions saying there isn't enough information in the murder indictment for Anthony to defend herself so they want it thrown out. They are also trying to get the check fraud case dropped too claiming double jeopardy because she faces several counts of basically the same charge.

Anthony, 23, has pleaded not guilty on charges that she killed her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee Marie , claiming a babysitter kidnapped her toddler. Caylee was last seen in June of 2008, but she was not reported missing until a month later. Her remains were found in woods near the family's home in December.

Thanks trim.....I think it's gonna be a L O N G Friday!! I hope Judge Strickland has on his take no prisoners hat!! Monkey Devil!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1434 on: December 02, 2009, 01:40:19 PM »

And that is why I think the nanny bs, will be abandoned, or at least it would make sense to do so.

Hi NRCG!!  He also made a statement...not verbatim...that he thinks the defense will come out in their opening statement that yes, Casey lied...and he thinks that might make the State case more difficult.

While talking with a friend last night she asked....'so what if the defense comes out with yes, she lied. Caylee died via an accident, Casey tried to contact her parents (remember the  many calls), she couldn't get her parents...panicked and decided to hide Caylee's body until she could come up with a plan'........she thinks that would explain Casey carrying Caylee's dead body around in the car.. (my friend has stood firm in her belief that it was indeed an accident...consequently we seldom talk about Caylee) How would this affect the trial...if at all?  I haven't a clue....my guess would be it wouldn't affect it...that the State would continue with the murder trial. But it did make me think....what if this did happen??

Rest in Peace Caylee

crazybabyborg
« Reply #1435 on: December 02, 2009, 01:43:06 PM »

Hi Monkeys! So far, so good with Strickland. I'm counting on him staying the course! 

I can't believe that Lyons is challenging the constitutionality of Fla.'s death penalty. States have the right to choose to have the death penalty if they want! Geeez........... what's she trying to do? She'd potentially have to take that cause up to the Supreme Court to win it!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1436 on: December 02, 2009, 01:47:08 PM »

Hi NRCG!!  He also made a statement...not verbatim...that he thinks the defense will come out in their opening statement that yes, Casey lied...and he thinks that might make the State case more difficult.

While talking with a friend last night she asked....'so what if the defense comes out with yes, she lied. Caylee died via an accident, Casey tried to contact her parents (remember the  many calls), she couldn't get her parents...panicked and decided to hide Caylee's body until she could come up with a plan'........she thinks that would explain Casey carrying Caylee's dead body around in the car.. (my friend has stood firm in her belief that it was indeed an accident...consequently we seldom talk about Caylee) How would this affect the trial...if at all?  I haven't a clue....my guess would be it wouldn't affect it...that the State would continue with the murder trial. But it did make me think....what if this did happen??

I think the defense may very well admit she lied in opening statements. The problem is, for them, answering why she lied. A close second problem is answering how "Mama Party" was in full swing when Caylee was lying in a trash bag in a swamp!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1437 on: December 02, 2009, 01:51:03 PM »

I have a feeling that is the way the defense is going to handle it, I see no way they are going to go with the nanny story. I like your friend's thinking, come right out with yes, she lied, and it was an accident, and take it from there. Interesting
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1438 on: December 02, 2009, 01:52:23 PM »

CBB, your right, there will have to be some major spin to explain the partying ways of Casey.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1439 on: December 02, 2009, 01:52:25 PM »

Thanks trim.....I think it's gonna be a L O N G Friday!! I hope Judge Strickland has on his take no prisoners hat!! Monkey Devil!

Me too.  We better prep our snacks the day before.   

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.