May 01, 2024, 04:44:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #152 11/20/09 - 12/09/09  (Read 466784 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1440 on: December 02, 2009, 01:52:50 PM »

The State will argue that just by the defense stipulating Casey lied, is no reason to prohibit them from submitting evidence and testimony establishing those lies. They'll argue that it's a nexus for getting to the reason for those lies, and that the timing of the lies is germane to their ability to establish guilt, IMO.

They'd be right, too! Look at when ZG went to Sawgrass. It was AFTER Caylee went missing, etc.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1441 on: December 02, 2009, 01:55:08 PM »

Hi Monkeys! So far, so good with Strickland. I'm counting on him staying the course! 

I can't believe that Lyons is challenging the constitutionality of Fla.'s death penalty. States have the right to choose to have the death penalty if they want! Geeez........... what's she trying to do? She'd potentially have to take that cause up to the Supreme Court to win it!

Hi CBB....I get on the fence with Strickland at times....I think he has given way too much leeway to the defense on several occasions....but I might be a tad prejudice for the State!! Monkey Devil!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1442 on: December 02, 2009, 01:57:59 PM »

The mere fact that Casey fed the police all that BS when they questioned her is another reason Casey's lies are relevent. WHY, if she knew Caylee was simply "missing" would she be so so concentrated on covering up her own lies rather than begging them for help to find her?
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1443 on: December 02, 2009, 01:59:44 PM »

Hi Monkeys! So far, so good with Strickland. I'm counting on him staying the course! 

I can't believe that Lyons is challenging the constitutionality of Fla.'s death penalty. States have the right to choose to have the death penalty if they want! Geeez........... what's she trying to do? She'd potentially have to take that cause up to the Supreme Court to win it!

Hi CBB....I get on the fence with Strickland at times....I think he has given way too much leeway to the defense on several occasions....but I might be a tad prejudice for the State!! Monkey Devil!

Really? I can't imagine finding any prejudice in here! 

Scoot over, Sunny! I'm with you!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1444 on: December 02, 2009, 01:59:47 PM »

Hornsby posted this and for me it answers a couple questions

Everyone needs to be 100% clear on something. Until the jury is sworn in, it does not matter what the defense claims to the media or in any pretrial hearing - they are not bound to those statements, nor can those statements be used against them in trial.

The only thing the defense attorneys can be held to, is the theory of defense they provide during opening statements.
And that is why I think the nanny bs, will be abandoned, or at least it would make sense to do so.

Hi NRCG!!  He also made a statement...not verbatim...that he thinks the defense will come out in their opening statement that yes, Casey lied...and he thinks that might make the State case more difficult.

While talking with a friend last night she asked....'so what if the defense comes out with yes, she lied. Caylee died via an accident, Casey tried to contact her parents (remember the  many calls), she couldn't get her parents...panicked and decided to hide Caylee's body until she could come up with a plan'........she thinks that would explain Casey carrying Caylee's dead body around in the car.. (my friend has stood firm in her belief that it was indeed an accident...consequently we seldom talk about Caylee) How would this affect the trial...if at all?  I haven't a clue....my guess would be it wouldn't affect it...that the State would continue with the murder trial. But it did make me think....what if this did happen??

I think the defense may very well admit she lied in opening statements. The problem is, for them, answering why she lied. A close second problem is answering how "Mama Party" was in full swing when Caylee was lying in a trash bag in a swamp!

She lied because she was afraid of what would happen to her for letting Caylee drown and secondly...she was acting 'normal' doing things she would usually do....then was in so deep she didn't know how to get out. (friend's theory)  Believe me when I say she and I have gone round and round and finally agreed months ago not to talk about it and ruin a 30 year friendship. I was very surprised when she brought it up last night

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1445 on: December 02, 2009, 02:01:35 PM »

Hornsby posted this and for me it answers a couple questions

Everyone needs to be 100% clear on something. Until the jury is sworn in, it does not matter what the defense claims to the media or in any pretrial hearing - they are not bound to those statements, nor can those statements be used against them in trial.

The only thing the defense attorneys can be held to, is the theory of defense they provide during opening statements.
And that is why I think the nanny bs, will be abandoned, or at least it would make sense to do so.

Hi NRCG!!  He also made a statement...not verbatim...that he thinks the defense will come out in their opening statement that yes, Casey lied...and he thinks that might make the State case more difficult.

While talking with a friend last night she asked....'so what if the defense comes out with yes, she lied. Caylee died via an accident, Casey tried to contact her parents (remember the  many calls), she couldn't get her parents...panicked and decided to hide Caylee's body until she could come up with a plan'........she thinks that would explain Casey carrying Caylee's dead body around in the car.. (my friend has stood firm in her belief that it was indeed an accident...consequently we seldom talk about Caylee) How would this affect the trial...if at all?  I haven't a clue....my guess would be it wouldn't affect it...that the State would continue with the murder trial. But it did make me think....what if this did happen??
I have a feeling that is the way the defense is going to handle it, I see no way they are going to go with the nanny story. I like your friend's thinking, come right out with yes, she lied, and it was an accident, and take it from there. Interesting

I just keep thinking ...the State is not stupid and they didn't bring back the death  penalty without having the goods....but I do believe this trial is going to be a doozy!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

crazybabyborg
« Reply #1446 on: December 02, 2009, 02:03:38 PM »

Don't throw rocks at me, but IMO, Lyons is the best atty for the defense. Her record is pretty darn good on death penalty cases and she has no ethics, IMO. I'm HOPING that Stickland isn't intimidated by her!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1447 on: December 02, 2009, 02:05:11 PM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/120209-anthony-back-in-court
Casey Anthony back in court next week

Updated: Wednesday, 02 Dec 2009, 10:38 AM EST
Published : Wednesday, 02 Dec 2009, 10:36 AM EST

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Casey Anthony will be back in court Friday December 11 for motion hearings.

Judge Strickland will hear four motions in the State vs. Casey Anthony case beginning at 9:30 a.m.:

Motion to preclude the death penalty procedures
Motion for a protective order prohibiting Orange County Jail from videotaping attorney visits
Motion for a protective order directing Orange County Jail to destroy videos of family visits
Motion to dismiss counts 1,2, 4, 5, 7, 8 10, 11, 13 for violation of double jeopardy clause

Anthony’s lawyers filed the motions saying there isn't enough information in the murder indictment for Anthony to defend herself so they want it thrown out. They are also trying to get the check fraud case dropped too claiming double jeopardy because she faces several counts of basically the same charge.

Anthony, 23, has pleaded not guilty on charges that she killed her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee Marie , claiming a babysitter kidnapped her toddler. Caylee was last seen in June of 2008, but she was not reported missing until a month later. Her remains were found in woods near the family's home in December.

Thanks trim.....I think it's gonna be a L O N G Friday!! I hope Judge Strickland has on his take no prisoners hat!! Monkey Devil!

Me too.  We better prep our snacks the day before.   

I agree...house clean....hubby can bring home dinner and doggies have the doggie door....I will be READY!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1448 on: December 02, 2009, 02:07:03 PM »

I agree with that, the trial will be a doozy, but I still am hanging on to my original thoughts that this is not going to trial, but I will stand alone. And Sunny, I don't want you to stop talking to me, but I have thought pretty much on the same lines as your friend, but I just keep quiet about what I really think. Don't throw nanners, I go back and forth with my thoughts.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1449 on: December 02, 2009, 02:07:44 PM »

Don't throw rocks at me, but IMO, Lyons is the best atty for the defense. Her record is pretty darn good on death penalty cases and she has no ethics, IMO. I'm HOPING that Stickland isn't intimidated by her!
I'm agreeing with you.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1450 on: December 02, 2009, 02:09:49 PM »

No rocks from me,because it's the truth. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1451 on: December 02, 2009, 02:09:53 PM »

The State will argue that just by the defense stipulating Casey lied, is no reason to prohibit them from submitting evidence and testimony establishing those lies. They'll argue that it's a nexus for getting to the reason for those lies, and that the timing of the lies is germane to their ability to establish guilt, IMO.

They'd be right, too! Look at when ZG went to Sawgrass. It was AFTER Caylee went missing, etc.

I wish I could get my friend to post here....honestly sometimes she makes so much sense in her theory....it's scary.....and she honestly believes that all of this will be explained in court...by a very contrite, remorseful, sobbing Casey.....how she was so fearful of her mother finding out that she let Caylee died in the pool.....she was too scared to call 911....she wanted her mother, the nurse....yadda, yadda, yadda.....see why we agreed to not talk about Caylee/Casey...

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1452 on: December 02, 2009, 02:12:58 PM »

Whew I am glad you said that and not me....no one will dare throw rocks at a MOD!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1453 on: December 02, 2009, 02:20:39 PM »

Whew I am glad you said that and not me....no one will dare throw rocks at a MOD!!

Monkey Devil!  I wish your friend would post here 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1454 on: December 02, 2009, 02:20:46 PM »

I agree with that, the trial will be a doozy, but I still am hanging on to my original thoughts that this is not going to trial, but I will stand alone. And Sunny, I don't want you to stop talking to me, but I have thought pretty much on the same lines as your friend, but I just keep quiet about what I really think. Don't throw nanners, I go back and forth with my thoughts.

NRCG....no nanners from me...I vacillated back and forth too. It is really difficult for my mind to grasp that a mother could kill her child... until the duct tape. The duct tape pushed me over the edge. NRCG, Never keep quiet about your thoughts on this..we all have a voice here....let's face it none of us know for sure what happened....and quite frankly I don't think we ever will know for sure.  I have wondered many times how I would feel if it were somehow proved that it was an accident....I would NOT want Casey to get the DP or even LWOP if it was proved it was an accident...I would want her punished to the fullest for whatever she was convicted of...but I see no way for that to happen.

Rest in Peace Caylee

crazybabyborg
« Reply #1455 on: December 02, 2009, 02:21:07 PM »

I wish I could get my friend to post here....honestly sometimes she makes so much sense in her theory....it's scary.....and she honestly believes that all of this will be explained in court...by a very contrite, remorseful, sobbing Casey.....how she was so fearful of her mother finding out that she let Caylee died in the pool.....she was too scared to call 911....she wanted her mother, the nurse....yadda, yadda, yadda.....see why we agreed to not talk about Caylee/Casey...

That's the best possible scenario for the defense, and the worst case scenario for the State, IMO. I'm not sure the State can disprove that scenario. I do not believe that Casey would get the death penalty if that's the course they choose. The defense will still have to battle chloroform in the trunk, and computer searches for chloroform and methods of murder, but Cindy's ready to step up and say she did those searches (give me a break!). I think the defense knows it and is desperately trying, with these motions, to get the death penalty off the table beforehand so they can gain more leverage to effect length of sentence instead of just saving her neck. There are a few tangible things that support the accidental pool death, like the ladder being moved, and the flurry of cell phone calls.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1456 on: December 02, 2009, 02:25:26 PM »

Monkey Devil!  I wish your friend would post here 

Believe me I have tried but.....she has severely arthritic hands and has a lot of trouble typing....she is very smart and a crime buff.....

Rest in Peace Caylee

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1457 on: December 02, 2009, 02:25:41 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/12/2/caseys_lawyers_want_death_penalty_out.html
 Casey’s Lawyers Want Death Penalty Out
Wednesday, December 02, 2009 2:12:26 PM
ORLANDO -- The case against Casey Anthony is scheduled to be back in court next week after her lawyers filed several new motions.

The latest requests to Judge Stan Strickland include a motion to preclude death penalty procedures against Anthony, who was charged with the murder of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.

The defense team said the prosecution does not have a legitimate interest in seeking the death penalty against Anthony.

Another motion wants to prevent all video and audio tape records of lawyer visits to the orange county jail.

The defense also wants the judge to order the jail to destroy any and all video of Casey’s family visiting her in jail.

The hearing is set for 9:30 a.m. Friday, Dec. 11, at the Orange County Courthouse.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1458 on: December 02, 2009, 02:28:29 PM »

Motions Released Dec. 1–2, 2009

All motions open as .PDF files in New Window

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/12/2/caseys_lawyers_want_death_penalty_out.html

~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1459 on: December 02, 2009, 02:29:21 PM »

That's the best possible scenario for the defense, and the worst case scenario for the State, IMO. I'm not sure the State can disprove that scenario. I do not believe that Casey would get the death penalty if that's the course they choose. The defense will still have to battle chloroform in the trunk, and computer searches for chloroform and methods of murder, but Cindy's ready to step up and say she did those searches (give me a break!). I think the defense knows it and is desperately trying, with these motions, to get the death penalty off the table beforehand so they can gain more leverage to effect length of sentence instead of just saving her neck. There are a few tangible things that support the accidental pool death, like the ladder being moved, and the flurry of cell phone calls.

CBB I agree with all you said!  I think the rulings by Judge Strickland on the 11th will set the theme for the trial. I trust that God gives Judge Strickland wisdom in his rulings.

Rest in Peace Caylee

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.