April 30, 2024, 10:06:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #152 11/20/09 - 12/09/09  (Read 466648 times)
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #160 on: November 20, 2009, 08:57:36 PM »

o/t Joy seemed to be a favorite of Larry King's.  Now she is on @ 9:00 p.m.
same as him.  Go figure...

Thank goodness for the Belichs and Shaeffers (sp) of this world.   

Wouldn't it be great if one (or both) of them had a talk show?

DonFL
Monkey Junky

« Reply #161 on: November 20, 2009, 09:00:31 PM »

Don't hate me monkeys.....  I love Joy Behar!   Wouldn't miss her show 

Do you realize that yopu said that out loud??   

It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #162 on: November 20, 2009, 09:04:00 PM »

Casey Anthony: WFTV takes withering look at defense's latest move
posted by halboedeker on Nov 20, 2009 5:44:26 PM
<snipped>
Roy Kronk has gone from meter reader to scapegoat, anchor Bob Opsahl said.

Belich said, "Sheaffer points out that if the defense team repeats unsubstantiated allegations like this outside of court, they could be sued. They didn't during their morning network blitz, which tells him they have no evidence to back them up."

Kronk's attorney told Belich that the defense team never raised these allegations during a deposition yesterday. Sheaffer sees that as another sign of a media stunt.
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/11/casey-anthony-wftv-takes-withering-look-at-defenses-latest-move.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+entertainment%2Ftv%2Ftvguy+%28TV+Guy%29

This is the Motion - the allegations are there in print.
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21674732/detail.html
DonFL
Monkey Junky

« Reply #163 on: November 20, 2009, 09:17:24 PM »

Good night monkeys.  Thank you for letting me rant.  You guys are the best!!

It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #164 on: November 20, 2009, 09:18:22 PM »

I could never hate you!

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #165 on: November 20, 2009, 09:22:35 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthonyblog/index.html

Legal Analyst Bill Sheaffer on Casey Anthony Case
Does Casey’s Defense Have No Sense Of Decency?
Posted in Latest Posts by billsheaffer on November 20, 2009

Filing and publicizing the  latest  so-called ”Motion in Limine”  by the Anthony defense team, which would now seem to include Brad Conway, lawyer for George and Cindy Anthony, is an all-time low on a grand scale, even for this crew.  This so-called defense tactic, designed to shift the focus of blame away from their client Casey Anthony, is neither new nor unusual in this case.  It seems to have begun with allegations against Zenaida Gonzales, then, Jesse Grund, a former Casey boyfriend, to now a very vicious and public attack on an innocent citizen, former Orange County employee, Roy Kronk, the poor soul who had the misfortune to discover Casey Anthony’s handiwork of her little girl’s body dumped like garbage in the woods.

Casey’s defense lawyers would have us believe that Mr. Kronk killed the child and dumped her body in the woods so that he could later claim to “discover” the body for some financial gain, all the while risking becoming a lead suspect in her death,  subjecting himself to prosecution therefor, and the possibility of the death penalty.  Of all the allegations contained in the subject defense motion, there is not one scintilla of evidence connecting Mr. Kronk to the Anthony family, or little Caylee, prior to her death.  Instead, the motion contains nothing but a series of nasty attacks and allegations from individuals, all of whom have clear and obvious motives to fabricate and spin their recollections, regarding Mr. Kronk’s past.

I find it very telling that not one of these allegations levied against Roy Kronk had been made to either a law enforcement or other governmental agency, prior to the defense investigator’s inquisition.  Before we proceed further however, I think it important to address this so-called “Motion in Limine” for what it is.  A proper motion in limine, as the title suggests, is a request to the court made pretrial to exclude certain matters from being introduced, or even referred to, at trial. What a motion in limine is NOT is a request to INCLUDE certain matters at trial, which is exactly what the defense has done here.  Now, either these lawyers don’t know proper pleading mechanics, the Florida Rules of Evidence, the Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure, do not possess a Black’s Law Dictionary, or they have another agenda in filing this. Well, let’s just call it an in appropriate motion.  I believe it may well be the latter, although, it could well be the former, based upon their earlier filings.

This motion is nothing more than a blatant attempt to deflect and misdirect the court of public opinion from the stack of evidence against Casey Anthony, to the vilification of an otherwise innocent, but perhaps less than perfect, former public employee, by dragging up alleged garbage from his past.  By filing this motion and immediately traveling to New York to hype it  on the national morning show(s) might cause one to wonder just how easily lead they think the rest of us are.

Kronk’s past is totally irrelevant to the issue of who killed Caylee Anthony.  Ironically for the defense team, this attempt has fallen flat.  People are angry that these lawyers would drag this man through the mud and find this tactic appalling in its manner and approach.  One expects a vigorous defense from an attorney, but not at the expense of an innocent witness in the case.  It is yet to be seen what affect this out of court attack upon a State’s witness will have in the future upon the willingness of others to come forward to do the right thing. Hopefully our compassion for, and sense of responsibility to our fellow-man is greater than the effects of the outrageous conduct on the part of the Casey defense team.

Some of you may have read about, or may even remember a time when a United States  jr. senator from Wisconsin (1947-1957),  by the name of Joe McCarthy, was publicly accusing innocent citizens of being Communists.  Through his very public, highly-publicized and nationally-televised attacks, many innocent persons’ lives and careers were damaged or destroyed.  Finally, Joseph Nye Welch, a lawyer of one such victim,  had the guts to stand up at a senate hearing and asked  McCarthy: “You’ve done enough.  Have you no sense of decency, sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency?”

As officers of the court, Mr. Baez, Ms. Lyons and Mr. Conway, have you no sense of decency?  Stop these tactics. Our system of justice, its participants and the rest of the citizens observing  this case  deserve better.

WJS

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #166 on: November 20, 2009, 10:12:59 PM »

Hi Monkeys.  I'm just so disgusted with all of this--Caylee and Shaniya and their lousy families who don't give a sh*t about them.  But in answer to the question of whether Casey's defense team has no sense of descency, well.. no they don't.  And I hope that Kronk sues the he!! out of them if they dare to breathe one word of an accusation outside of court.  I think he has a case against that fat ex-wife, too.  I mean, who would want to wrap her wrists with duct tape?  So she couldn't call her parents?  I am not inclined to do so, but I'll bet if I had someone wrap duct tape around my wrists I could still dial a phone, specifically 911.  Maybe someone else could do the experiment.  I'm too old and jaded with this case by now.

And comparing that ridiculous looking Linda Baden with Miss Piggy is an insult to pigs everywhere.

Yesterday the Anthonys supported Kronk.  Today their daughter's so-called attorney is accusing him of murder.  The Anthonys had better get with the program.  Casey is not going to like it.  And we all know how she acts when she gets in a snit.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #167 on: November 20, 2009, 10:50:26 PM »

I won't hate you WESTERN. But I did always think you were pretty level-headed.   

I scare my cats because I grab for the remote and say things louder than I should inside the house if she accidentally comes on and I am not paying attention. 

Good nite, everybody.  an angelic monkey

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #168 on: November 20, 2009, 11:12:32 PM »

You have gone insane !  LOL
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #169 on: November 21, 2009, 12:32:54 AM »

Good evening, all!  * red-faced, huffing and puffing* Now that I've finally caught up with the tribe, I'm adding my outrage to the cries of the angry mob.  Isn't it "funny" how the rules change?  It's more than o.k. to try Jesse, Rev. Grund, Ricardo Morales, Amy Huzienga, and Roy Kronk in the media...but ohhhhhhh NO, not Casey.  How hypocritical!  I feel sorry for Mrs. Baez...her husband is certainly not respected at the city gate (per Proverbs 31:23).  To say Baez lacks integrity is an understatement.  If I were Mrs. Baez, I'd be embarrassed to be married to a man of his character.  I'm not judging the man, I'm judging the fruit of his behavior and the words of his mouth.  If I had to guess, I'd say fame and fortune are his gods.  My prayer is that Mark Nejame and Bill Shaeffer file complaints with the FL Bar Association.  IMO, Baez needs to be disbarred.  He had character issues to begin with and assassinating someone's character, in the guise of a motion (with pre-planned media appearances, complete with purchased plane tickets prior to said motion being filed), should be grounds for dismissal.  Hey, just one more thing he and Casey have in common...Pre-meditation!   He's certainly giving Defense Attorneys, as well as all Attorneys, a bad rep.  There should be a court martial procedure for Attorneys for Conduct Unbecoming an Attorney.
The Baez/Lyons/LBK motion is ludicrous.  It's nothing but smoke and mirrors and if this is the best they can do, they're pathetic lawyers.  Seriously, they'll only succeed in focusing even more attention on the the very evidence they're trying to discredit.  How did Kronk get Caylee from Zenaida Gonzales, if he did it?  How did he know where the Anthony's lived?  How did he get the laundry bag, trash bags, Henkel duct tape, Caylee's Winnie the pooh blanket, Caylee's doll, and the heart sticker from the Anthony home?  How did he gain access to their house, since the Anthonys did not report a break-in?  The Defense is going to be soooo slammed on this.  The State will rip them to shreds.  IMO, they are so full of their own importance and arrogance, they're headed for a major and public fall.  I hope Kronk has a legal basis to sue and does because Baez, LBK, and Lyons are knowingly bearing false witness "with malice aforethought"...you know, the same thing they accused the State's Attorneys of.   I will be "absolutely" thrilled if during the trial, when the Defense is questioning Roy Kronk, he  asserts on the stand that he got the location from his girlfriend who overheard Casey telling Baez or Dominic Casey or the "Minister" where Caylee was.  I will laugh with glee.  IMO, the Defense is trying to bully Kronk into not testifying because they're afraid of that very thing.  They don't care if they destroy him-they "absolutely" cannot afford to have him testify where he got his info...obviously he got it somewhere and it was credible or Dominic Casey wouldn't have been looking there too.  All MOO 

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #170 on: November 21, 2009, 12:45:19 AM »

Oh, and one more thought before I go, there's that pesky question of motive.  You know, the one they said the State couldn't prove for Casey killing Caylee.  Well Jose Baez/Andrea Lyons, what would have been Kronk's motive for killing Caylee?  Not for finding her, but for killing her?  He didn't even know her or any of her family.  What a stupid motion from the Defense!  They've got nada, nothing, zero, zilch...and they know it.  They're stuck with a client and story they cannot defend.  Apparently they think like Casey does-lie, destroy, blame other people.

O.k., calling it a night here.  I am not worried about this Defense motion because God already knew all there is to know about Roy Kronk and still chose/used him anyway to find Caylee. He can handle any tricks the Defense tries to dream up.  I can't help but think that He is using the simple to confound the wise (those who consider themselves wise, that is-proud, arrogant, better than others).  No offense to Roy Kronk, of course.  I'd rather be simple any day than to be haughty and act foolish.

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #171 on: November 21, 2009, 01:32:04 AM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-14615-Spokane-Homicide-Examiner~y2009m11d20-Casey-Anthonys-traveling-circus-P-T-Barnum-would-be-proud

Casey Anthony's traveling circus Barnum would be proud
November 20, 8:44 PMSpokane Homicide ExaminerDoyle Wheele

AP Photo of a traveling circus; This circus with it's elephant and clowns has nothing on the Casey Anthony traveling circus!

P.T. Barnum would be proud;  "There is a sucker born every minute" by P.T. Barnum
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This case is going to be off the charts in terms of the craziness that will have transpired before it’s over.

"There is a sucker born every minute is the battle hymn of her defense team as it goes to war. "In war the first casuality is the truth" Winston Churchill

One would hope they’re checking her attorney’s brief case before they let him in with his client. The way this guy plays foot-loose with the law the next act will likely include a Turkey baster, her ending up pregnant, claiming she was raped by guards.

When we get up to act ten if it looks like Casey is going to get convicted, look for the brother to get arrested for a rape murder so the family can keep this circus going!

The Anthony’s can claim the police are out to frame the entire family.

Hollywood could start writing the script now and have it ready for release when the jury comes back.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #172 on: November 21, 2009, 01:48:06 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/os-casey-anthony-kronk-20091120,0,4392196.story
Roy Kronk: State's star witness or Anthony defense's best shot?
By Sarah Lundy  Sentinel Staff Writer

November 21, 2009
For nearly a year, Roy Kronk has been heralded as the man who did what others could not: He found missing toddler Caylee Anthony's remains in woods near her family home.

The former Orange County meter reader appeared to be a blessing for investigators, leading them to a crime scene filled with forensic evidence. Detectives said their findings shored up their case against Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, who is charged with first-degree murder.

Now, Anthony's defense team hopes Kronk will become reasonable doubt to a jury.

Legal documents filed this week reveal interviews with Kronk's ex-wives, his son and a daughter of another ex-girlfriend. They paint a picture of a man with a shady past and a history of abusing and restraining women. He is "equally likely to be responsible for the death of the child," the defense wrote.

Kronk has never been charged, and the claims could not be independently verified. He denies the claims.

Anthony's attorneys want Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland to allow them to present these details to a jury to show there is another reasonable suspect who may have killed Caylee.

Some legal experts say this is an attack on a witness and the defense will have a hard time showing how these prior acts are relevant to the case. Others say it's a smart move by Anthony's attorneys to create reasonable doubt.

The first hurdle is getting the judge's approval.

"I wouldn't be shocked that he allows it, but it's a long shot," said University of Florida law professor Michael Seigel. "It can be prejudicial against the witness."

Tampa prosecutor Pam Bondi — who is not associated with the case — said Kronk is not on trial.

The defense will try to point their fingers at as many people as possible to draw attention away from Anthony. But, Bondi said, the state has a strong circumstantial case.

"It is going to be extremely difficult for the defense to minimize the state's evidence," she said.

The case began July 15, 2008, after Anthony told her family that Caylee had been missing for a month. She explained to investigators that she left the 2-year-old with a nanny and returned later in the day to find them both gone. Detectives determined the nanny never existed.

Five months later, Kronk found Caylee's skull in a bag in woods Dec. 11. He alerted investigators that he had contacted authorities about a suspicious bag in August — but deputies shrugged off his tips.

Some defense attorneys argued the state's circumstantial case opens the door to suggest others could be involved.

Prosecutors must show that no one else could have murdered Caylee other than her mother. If Anthony's attorneys can raise the idea that another person with motive, means and opportunity committed the killing, they are building the argument that the state failed to do its job.
They will try to convince jurors that investigators were so focused on Anthony that they refused to consider other suspects.

"It's going to become a question for the jury. The jury is going to have to decide if it raises reasonable doubt," said Geoffrey Corn, a professor at South Texas College of Law in Houston.

It also sets the stage for a potential appeal later, he said.

And, if the judge denies the request, the defense has planted a seed in the public mind that Kronk isn't as upstanding as he was once portrayed.

"It does sound like an opportunity to taint the jury pool," said Seigel. "That is a victory even if the motion is denied."

Bianca Prieto of the Sentinel staff contributed to this report. Sarah Lundy can be reached at slundy@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-6218.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #173 on: November 21, 2009, 02:12:47 AM »

OK Blinksters - I just had my meeting with OCSO deputy that worked the case.
1st confirmed bombshell, although this was much touted gossip, I didn’t believe it, but Casey and Baez were having sex in his office. She constantly had hickies, and when they went to arrest her there the arresting officers caught them in the act. They also saw them at other times in states of various undress, and another time Casey had her shirt on backwards. He said she even attempted to hold Baez’s hand under the desk in court and he reprimanded her. There is an ongoing bar complaint against Baez over this, he and Casey both denied it, but there are too many witnesses. The officer has heard Baez say he doesn’t care, Baez thinks he is going to get so rich over book deals and speaking engagements and being an atty commentator on shows like Nancy Grace, that he won’t need to practice law. I guess stumping your client hasn’t gotten thru to him that that is a jailable offense in Florida.

I found this posted elsewhere

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #174 on: November 21, 2009, 02:18:33 AM »

OK Blinksters - I just had my meeting with OCSO deputy that worked the case.
1st confirmed bombshell, although this was much touted gossip, I didn’t believe it, but Casey and Baez were having sex in his office. She constantly had hickies, and when they went to arrest her there the arresting officers caught them in the act. They also saw them at other times in states of various undress, and another time Casey had her shirt on backwards. He said she even attempted to hold Baez’s hand under the desk in court and he reprimanded her. There is an ongoing bar complaint against Baez over this, he and Casey both denied it, but there are too many witnesses. The officer has heard Baez say he doesn’t care, Baez thinks he is going to get so rich over book deals and speaking engagements and being an atty commentator on shows like Nancy Grace, that he won’t need to practice law. I guess stumping your client hasn’t gotten thru to him that that is a jailable offense in Florida.

I found this posted elsewhere
this was poster #1112
@ blink on crime
on 11/20/09
I don't know what to make of it!!
Wouldn't surprise me one bit!
Any thoughts???

Loca
Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #175 on: November 21, 2009, 03:53:42 AM »

Will anyone else be reading this book? I think I might. It looks like a good read.

I'm not sure if the article that contains the interview with author of "Mommy's Little Girl" has been posted so I'll just provide the link:

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/08/18/crimesider/entry5250389.shtml
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #176 on: November 21, 2009, 04:54:01 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/21661209/detail.html

Kronk's Ex-Wive Believes He Killed Caylee

Defense: Roy Kronk 'Ignored' As Suspect In Caylee's Death

POSTED: 6:05 am EST November 19, 2009
UPDATED: 12:55 am EST November 21, 2009

Snipped:

A source close to the investigation said that the judge will not allow Casey's defense to bring in Kronk's past and effectively put him on trial. WESH 2's source called the new motion "jaw droppingly sleazy."

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #177 on: November 21, 2009, 06:57:33 AM »

Issues 112009 Casey Jose Baez Part 1
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XVXiZYQbxmU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/XVXiZYQbxmU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1</a>

Issues 11/20/09 Casey Jose Baez Part 2
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/L3PbPjHSEwY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/L3PbPjHSEwY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1</a>

Issues 11/20/09 Casey Jose Baez Part 3
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0BUc59MXKYo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/0BUc59MXKYo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1</a>

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #178 on: November 21, 2009, 07:09:46 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys.   

~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #179 on: November 21, 2009, 07:26:32 AM »

Attention please.....I just spent 45 minutes trying to figure out what happened yesterday in the last thread 

It took 2 hours to get from page 98 to 100 ... obviously it was going so slow that I didn't think it would get to 100 for a long time...usually I am all set up for the thread change and wait for hours for it to happen...this time I must have decided not to get ready for something that wasn't going to happen for hours...so I went about my business...actually I forgot all about it being so close to the end of the thread as I went about my business, lol...anyway  SO..... I am doing a threadlock warning NOW so I don't forget to do it on page 95

(oh yeah....please don't tell anyone I forgot to post the threadlock warning on page 95 in the last thread) 

have a nice day

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.