April 30, 2024, 08:31:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #152 11/20/09 - 12/09/09  (Read 466622 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1640 on: December 04, 2009, 10:29:33 AM »

Hey Sunny.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1641 on: December 04, 2009, 11:32:01 AM »

Thanks !  Very interesting and well-written.   And thanks to all for the recent links.
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1642 on: December 04, 2009, 12:06:14 PM »

http://marinadedave.wordpress.com/

A letter from Mark NeJame
December 4, 2009 ·

I received the following letter from a very nice person who is quite concerned about this case. She wishes to remain anonymous, but she gets full credit for this – not me. Of course, I thanked her very much. You can, too. Just call her KWM.

In her opening remarks to me, she wrote,“I read all the sites about Caylee, including yours. I enjoy your views. Like you, I try not to let my emotions get in the way of facts. I also put a lot of importance on the original motion by the defense to gain TES search records and I was also concerned about it since many of our [group] took part in the search and as a [group] we contributed financially to TES and provided food and water, etc. I was also intrigued and concerned about Conway having access to the records as was reported in the media. As this news broke in August, TES came under fire by many bloggers as it appeared that TES had given Conway information. I doubted that was the case in its simplistic sense so I wrote to Mark NeJame. He sent me this [response] on August 29.”

THE LETTER:

Thank you for contacting me and expressing your concern and the concern of your fellow members. I appreciate the professional way you approached me and your efforts to get the truth out rather than allow rumors to control the flow of information. We all know how that happens repeatedly and has happened so much in the Caylee Anthony case.

I did not specifically disclose the name of the 32 searchers to Brad Conway. I received the information on all the searchers obtained by Tim Miller and Texas Equusearch. I maintained possession of them so that they would not be compromised or leaked. There were some media reports initially that the Anthony’s and Jose Baez were claiming that the searchers had been at the spot where Caylee was found and that her body was placed there afterwards. I allowed Brad Conway to review the records in my office so that he could ascertain that none of the searchers were at the spot where Caylee was found. He was not allowed to take any notes, copy any documents or leave with any information. He tagged some of the files of those who were in the general area. I permitted Linda Drane Burdick, the prosecutor in the case to do the same thing. She reviewed the documents in my office under the same rules and conditions that I permitted to Mr. Conway . She similarly tabbed some files and reviewed the tagged files left by Mr. Conway. I also had an independent member of Texas Equusearch review each of the files and further tab files of those in the general area where Caylee was found.

Neither Mr. Conway or Ms. Drane Burdick left with any information whatsoever. No names or files were released. Despite some opinions from those who don’t know or are prejudiced because of his clients, Mr. Conway, is an ethical and good person. He wanted to confirm to his clients that nobody tampered with  Caylee’s remains. He was able to inform them that he had reviewed the search documents and that nobody had been to the specific area where Caylee was found. Mr. Conway was satisfied in this regard. I hoped that would eliminate the rumors that were started in this regard. I do believe that neither George or Cindy Anthony or Brad Conway ever made any public statements thereafter that Caylee had been placed there after the spot was searched. Obviously, Mr. Baez and his team are now stating otherwise, but they have never been privy to the documents.

It had come to my attention that the prosecution wanted to call certain members of Texas Equusearch as possible witnesses in the case. They were interested in the searchers who were in the area where Caylee was found. It was not possible to turn them over to the State without disclosing them to the defense as well. Moreover, I was very concerned that a partial release would “open the door” to the defense for all 4,000 searchers. As such, I made a strategic decision to allow the information release of the 32 searchers. I believed that the Court was going to Order this anyway. There was no expectation of privacy to these 32 as they would be deemed to have relevant information, as ground conditions of the area had become relevant. Moreover, the State wanted this information and with Florida ’s liberal discovery rules, the defense would automatically get this. I used the argument that Mr. Conway had reviewed the documents in Court to show that he had similarly determined that these were the only relevant files and searchers. Apparently, the Court agreed with my argument, as the Order entered today limits Mr. Baez and the defense and completely adopted our position. The 32 have yet to be released but they will. Texas Equusearch called most of these 32 prior to the hearing and with the exception of one moderately disgruntled searcher who found this bothersome, everyone who was reached was agreeable to the disclosure and understood why they were material. The way I had it handled prevented anyone from being disclosed or identified until the Court entered its Order. No one, to my knowledge, has heretofore been contacted by the defense, appeared on the internet or been publicly identified. The defense never had the information.

I hope this answers all of your concerns. It is important that the truth be known and I really appreciate the opportunity to fully explain. I have developed great respect and empathy for the searchers of missing people and with the close relationship I have developed with Tim Miller, I am especially sensitive to protecting Texas Equusearch volunteers.

Let me know if you need any additional information or if I can provide any additional assistance. Please share with your fellow members how much their work is appreciated and how much I respect their dedication and efforts.

Warm regards,

Mark NeJame

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1643 on: December 04, 2009, 12:06:29 PM »

Hey Sunny.   

Trim!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1644 on: December 04, 2009, 12:07:15 PM »

Good afternoon, Monkeys!   

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1645 on: December 04, 2009, 12:12:13 PM »

http://marinadedave.wordpress.com/

A letter from Mark NeJame
December 4, 2009 ·

I received the following letter from a very nice person who is quite concerned about this case. She wishes to remain anonymous, but she gets full credit for this – not me. Of course, I thanked her very much. You can, too. Just call her KWM.

In her opening remarks to me, she wrote,“I read all the sites about Caylee, including yours. I enjoy your views. Like you, I try not to let my emotions get in the way of facts. I also put a lot of importance on the original motion by the defense to gain TES search records and I was also concerned about it since many of our [group] took part in the search and as a [group] we contributed financially to TES and provided food and water, etc. I was also intrigued and concerned about Conway having access to the records as was reported in the media. As this news broke in August, TES came under fire by many bloggers as it appeared that TES had given Conway information. I doubted that was the case in its simplistic sense so I wrote to Mark NeJame. He sent me this [response] on August 29.”

THE LETTER:

Thank you for contacting me and expressing your concern and the concern of your fellow members. I appreciate the professional way you approached me and your efforts to get the truth out rather than allow rumors to control the flow of information. We all know how that happens repeatedly and has happened so much in the Caylee Anthony case.

I did not specifically disclose the name of the 32 searchers to Brad Conway. I received the information on all the searchers obtained by Tim Miller and Texas Equusearch. I maintained possession of them so that they would not be compromised or leaked. There were some media reports initially that the Anthony’s and Jose Baez were claiming that the searchers had been at the spot where Caylee was found and that her body was placed there afterwards. I allowed Brad Conway to review the records in my office so that he could ascertain that none of the searchers were at the spot where Caylee was found. He was not allowed to take any notes, copy any documents or leave with any information. He tagged some of the files of those who were in the general area. I permitted Linda Drane Burdick, the prosecutor in the case to do the same thing. She reviewed the documents in my office under the same rules and conditions that I permitted to Mr. Conway . She similarly tabbed some files and reviewed the tagged files left by Mr. Conway. I also had an independent member of Texas Equusearch review each of the files and further tab files of those in the general area where Caylee was found.

Neither Mr. Conway or Ms. Drane Burdick left with any information whatsoever. No names or files were released. Despite some opinions from those who don’t know or are prejudiced because of his clients, Mr. Conway, is an ethical and good person. He wanted to confirm to his clients that nobody tampered with  Caylee’s remains. He was able to inform them that he had reviewed the search documents and that nobody had been to the specific area where Caylee was found. Mr. Conway was satisfied in this regard. I hoped that would eliminate the rumors that were started in this regard. I do believe that neither George or Cindy Anthony or Brad Conway ever made any public statements thereafter that Caylee had been placed there after the spot was searched. Obviously, Mr. Baez and his team are now stating otherwise, but they have never been privy to the documents.

It had come to my attention that the prosecution wanted to call certain members of Texas Equusearch as possible witnesses in the case. They were interested in the searchers who were in the area where Caylee was found. It was not possible to turn them over to the State without disclosing them to the defense as well. Moreover, I was very concerned that a partial release would “open the door” to the defense for all 4,000 searchers. As such, I made a strategic decision to allow the information release of the 32 searchers. I believed that the Court was going to Order this anyway. There was no expectation of privacy to these 32 as they would be deemed to have relevant information, as ground conditions of the area had become relevant. Moreover, the State wanted this information and with Florida ’s liberal discovery rules, the defense would automatically get this. I used the argument that Mr. Conway had reviewed the documents in Court to show that he had similarly determined that these were the only relevant files and searchers. Apparently, the Court agreed with my argument, as the Order entered today limits Mr. Baez and the defense and completely adopted our position. The 32 have yet to be released but they will. Texas Equusearch called most of these 32 prior to the hearing and with the exception of one moderately disgruntled searcher who found this bothersome, everyone who was reached was agreeable to the disclosure and understood why they were material. The way I had it handled prevented anyone from being disclosed or identified until the Court entered its Order. No one, to my knowledge, has heretofore been contacted by the defense, appeared on the internet or been publicly identified. The defense never had the information.

I hope this answers all of your concerns. It is important that the truth be known and I really appreciate the opportunity to fully explain. I have developed great respect and empathy for the searchers of missing people and with the close relationship I have developed with Tim Miller, I am especially sensitive to protecting Texas Equusearch volunteers.

Let me know if you need any additional information or if I can provide any additional assistance. Please share with your fellow members how much their work is appreciated and how much I respect their dedication and efforts.

Warm regards,

Mark NeJame

thanks to KWM  and to cece for posting this. 

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1646 on: December 04, 2009, 12:14:18 PM »

Thanks !  Very interesting and well-written.   And thanks to all for the recent links.
Thanks, Sprocket always does a fine job, I always read her reports on the Phil Spector trials 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1647 on: December 04, 2009, 12:18:18 PM »

Thanks cece for posting that letter 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1648 on: December 04, 2009, 12:36:26 PM »

Good afternoon, Monkeys!   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1649 on: December 04, 2009, 01:42:03 PM »

From the current National Enquirer:

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1650 on: December 04, 2009, 01:45:29 PM »

Thank You Klaas.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1651 on: December 04, 2009, 02:16:35 PM »

Thanks Klaas. 

~ Peter Frampton
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1652 on: December 04, 2009, 02:28:52 PM »

Thanks Klaas.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1653 on: December 04, 2009, 02:44:00 PM »

The last sentence in the NE article is what I have thought all along about KC. She HATED Caylee.   

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1654 on: December 04, 2009, 04:05:18 PM »

I apolly if this was posted already, but I just reviewed Joyless Rayovac's Youtube videos and somebody sent me this, tasteless yes, hilarious, definately.

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1655 on: December 04, 2009, 04:06:27 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd3tmt0-dKI&amp;feature=player_embedded#" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd3tmt0-dKI&amp;feature=player_embedded#</a>

Trying this again, Help Klassy Klaas if I screw this up 
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1656 on: December 04, 2009, 04:07:50 PM »

So much for fancy this late on a Friday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd3tmt0-dKI
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1657 on: December 04, 2009, 05:01:38 PM »

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's attorney said he will move forward with asking that her check fraud trial be moved and said he wants the jail not to videotape future visits.

The check fraud trial is scheduled for January. Anthony is currently in the Orange County jail awaiting a murder trial in connection with the death of her daughter, Caylee.

Prosecutors said surveillance tapes show Anthony passing bad check after check, bleeding her friend's account dry. Due to pre-trial publicity Jose Baez said he still wants the check fraud trial moved. Defense attorney Richard Hornsby said it's likely Judge Stan Strickland is waiting as long as he can in case of a possible plea deal.

But Hornsby said he doesn't expect a plea. Prosecutors want multiple fraud convictions so they can use that against Casey in her murder trial.

"They want to be able to impeach Casey Anthony on any statements attributed to her in her murder case," he said.

Baez also said he hopes the defense can persuade Strickland to limit or eliminate videos of Anthony's jail visits.

"What happened with the other visits was horrible," Baez said.

He said the state's release of those videos "is used to paint an ugly picture of her."

Hornsby said that argument won't work.

"Every court is going to say, 'No, we're not going to give special treatment just because she happens to be in a high profile case.' No chance he's going to win on this particular motion at all," he said.

Hornsby said it's not too late for Baez and his team to have the check fraud charges delayed and tried with the murder case. That would eliminate any advantage prosecutors would have in trying this fraud case earlier.

http://www.wesh.com/news/21865762/detail.html

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1658 on: December 04, 2009, 05:24:29 PM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/120409-george-cindy-anthony-to-testify

Casey Anthony’s parents to testify at hearing

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Casey Anthony will be back in court Friday December 11 for motion hearings and her parent's, George and Cindy Anthony, along with their attorney Brad Conway have been subpoenaed to testify.will be back in court Friday December 11 for motion hearings.

Judge Strickland will hear four motions in the State vs. Casey Anthony case beginning at 9:30 a.m.:

Motion to preclude the death penalty procedures
Motion for a protective order prohibiting Orange County Jail from videotaping attorney visits
Motion for a protective order directing Orange County Jail to destroy videos of family visits
Motion to dismiss counts 1,2, 4, 5, 7, 8 10, 11, 13 for violation of double jeopardy clause

Anthony’s lawyers filed the motions saying there isn't enough information in the murder indictment for Anthony to defend herself so they want it thrown out. They are also trying to get the check fraud case dropped too claiming double jeopardy because she faces several counts of basically the same charge.

Anthony, 23, has pleaded not guilty on charges that she killed her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee Marie , claiming a babysitter kidnapped her toddler. Caylee was last seen in June of 2008, but she was not reported missing until a month later. Her remains were found in woods near the family's home in December.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1659 on: December 04, 2009, 05:27:15 PM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/120409-george-cindy-anthony-to-testify
Casey Anthony’s parents to testify at hearing

Updated: Friday, 04 Dec 2009, 5:05 PM EST
Published : Friday, 04 Dec 2009, 5:05 PM EST

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Casey Anthony will be back in court Friday December 11 for motion hearings and her parent's, George and Cindy Anthony, along with their attorney Brad Conway have been subpoenaed to testify.will be back in court Friday December 11 for motion hearings.

Judge Strickland will hear four motions in the State vs. Casey Anthony case beginning at 9:30 a.m.:

Motion to preclude the death penalty procedures
Motion for a protective order prohibiting Orange County Jail from videotaping attorney visits
Motion for a protective order directing Orange County Jail to destroy videos of family visits
Motion to dismiss counts 1,2, 4, 5, 7, 8 10, 11, 13 for violation of double jeopardy clause

Anthony’s lawyers filed the motions saying there isn't enough information in the murder indictment for Anthony to defend herself so they want it thrown out. They are also trying to get the check fraud case dropped too claiming double jeopardy because she faces several counts of basically the same charge.
Anthony, 23, has pleaded not guilty on charges that she killed her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee Marie , claiming a babysitter kidnapped her toddler. Caylee was last seen in June of 2008, but she was not reported missing until a month later. Her remains were found in woods near the family's home in December.

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.