March 28, 2024, 04:53:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carol Thomas 23yrs old believed to be assaulted, kidnapped Missouri (BODY FOUND)  (Read 18610 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« on: November 05, 2009, 01:11:50 PM »

By ROBERT A. CRONKLETON
The Kansas City Star
Carol A. Thomas

Excelsior Springs police said this morning that they are investigating the assault and kidnapping of a woman Wednesday night.

Meanwhile the car used in her abduction was found hours later completely burned out in a rural area east of Lawson, Mo.

“We are treating this as a full blown kidnapping,” said Excelsior Springs police Lt. Clint Reno. “We have no reason to believe it was not one. We are trying to locate her.”

The kidnapping victim was identified as Carol A. Thomas, 23, who is from the Excelsior Springs area, but her current city of residence is unknown.

She is described as white female, about 5 feet, 5 inches, weighing about 125 pounds with brown eyes and brown hair. She was wearing a brown hooded-sweatshirt.

Witnesses told police that they saw three men assault Thomas and force her into the trunk of a car about 9:30 p.m. on S. Myrtle Street in Excelsior Springs.
The three men then fled from the scene in a red Pontiac Grand Am or Grand Prix with license plate number ME4 Z4N.

The car was found near Missouri routes C and D east of Lawson, Mo. The area is primarily fields, although there is a small remote cemetery nearby, Reno said.

“The car was completely burned out,” Reno said. “There was not much left. However, there were no human remains in the car.”

Police searched the area but didn’t find anyone.

Anyone with information is asked to call Excelsior Springs police at 816-630-2000 or the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-TIPS (474-8477).
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 02:49:40 PM by klaasend » Logged

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 01:15:51 PM »

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 01:16:03 PM »

By ROBERT A. CRONKLETON
The Kansas City Star
Carol A. Thomas

Excelsior Springs police said this morning that they are investigating the assault and kidnapping of a woman Wednesday night.

Meanwhile the car used in her abduction was found hours later completely burned out in a rural area east of Lawson, Mo.

“We are treating this as a full blown kidnapping,” said Excelsior Springs police Lt. Clint Reno. “We have no reason to believe it was not one. We are trying to locate her.”

The kidnapping victim was identified as Carol A. Thomas, 23, who is from the Excelsior Springs area, but her current city of residence is unknown.

She is described as white female, about 5 feet, 5 inches, weighing about 125 pounds with brown eyes and brown hair. She was wearing a brown hooded-sweatshirt.

Witnesses told police that they saw three men assault Thomas and force her into the trunk of a car about 9:30 p.m. on S. Myrtle Street in Excelsior Springs.
The three men then fled from the scene in a red Pontiac Grand Am or Grand Prix with license plate number ME4 Z4N.

The car was found near Missouri routes C and D east of Lawson, Mo. The area is primarily fields, although there is a small remote cemetery nearby, Reno said.

“The car was completely burned out,” Reno said. “There was not much left. However, there were no human remains in the car.”

Police searched the area but didn’t find anyone.

Anyone with information is asked to call Excelsior Springs police at 816-630-2000 or the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-TIPS (474-8477).

Thanks TRIMM!!!

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 01:18:49 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,572107,00.html?test=latestnews
Search Under Way for Kidnapped Missouri Woman, 23, Allegedly Forced Into Car

Thursday, November 05, 2009

EXCELSIOR SPRINGS, Mo. —  Police in Missouri are investigating reports of a woman being assaulted and kidnapped.

Excelsior Springs Lt. Clint Reno says police are trying to locate 23-year-old Carol Thomas, who is from the Excelsior Springs area north of Kansas City.

Witnesses told police three men assaulted Thomas on Wednesday night and forced her into the trunk of a car.

Police say the car used in the abduction was found hours later completely burned out in a rural area east of Lawson, about 10 miles from Excelsior Springs. No human remains were found in the car.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 01:20:00 PM »

http://www.industrial-lasers.com/display_news/137371267/39/pennwellils2/BRIEF:_Police_find_car_used_in_possible_woman%27s_kidnapping
BRIEF: Police find car used in possible woman's kidnapping in Excelsior Springs
November 5, 2009 -- By Robert A. Cronkleton, The Kansas City Star, Mo.

Nov. 5--Excelsior Springs police have found a car used in what witnesses described as a possible kidnapping of a woman.

The car was found in Lawson, Mo., but no one was around the car. Police are still investigating. They haven't been able to confirm whether a kidnapping has occurred so they were not releasing the name of the woman.

Witnesses told police that they saw three men kidnap a woman about 9:30 p.m. on S. Myrtle Street in Excelsior Springs. The witnesses told police they saw the woman who was hit and thrown into the trunk of the car.

The three men fled from the scene in a red Grand Am with license plate number ME4 Z4N.

Anyone with information is asked to call 816-630-2000.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 01:26:30 PM »

Nutt,Can you put her name in the thread title please?   

~ Peter Frampton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 01:35:10 PM »

http://www.industrial-lasers.com/display_news/137371267/39/pennwellils2/BRIEF:_Police_find_car_used_in_possible_woman%27s_kidnapping
BRIEF: Police find car used in possible woman's kidnapping in Excelsior Springs
November 5, 2009 -- By Robert A. Cronkleton, The Kansas City Star, Mo.

Nov. 5--Excelsior Springs police have found a car used in what witnesses described as a possible kidnapping of a woman.

The car was found in Lawson, Mo., but no one was around the car. Police are still investigating. They haven't been able to confirm whether a kidnapping has occurred so they were not releasing the name of the woman.

Witnesses told police that they saw three men kidnap a woman about 9:30 p.m. on S. Myrtle Street in Excelsior Springs. The witnesses told police they saw the woman who was hit and thrown into the trunk of the car.

The three men fled from the scene in a red Grand Am with license plate number ME4 Z4N.

Anyone with information is asked to call 816-630-2000.

I wonder why this story would be on this particular site. Makes me wonder if maybe she is an employee.

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 02:48:54 PM »

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2009/11/kmbc_body_found_believed_to_be_missing_woman_carol_thomas.php

KMBC: Body found, believed to be missing woman Carol Thomas
By Justin Kendall in News
Thu., Nov. 5 2009 @ 1:28PM
thomas_carol.jpg
Carol Thomas
​KMBC Channel 9 is reporting that a body has been found, and authorities believe it's missing woman Carol Thomas.

Fox 4 says it has confirmed that Thomas was killed, and her body was found in rural Ray County. Fox 4 also reports that three men have been arrested in connection with Thomas' disappearance.

No word on a cause of death.

Excelsior Springs police have scheduled a 3 p.m. press conference to discuss the Thomas case.

Witnesses told police that the 23-year-old was beaten, thrown in a trunk and kidnapped by three white men on Wednesday night.

KMBC reported that police found the red Grand AM that they believe was involved in the kidnapping "deliberately torched" near Lawson -- about 20, 25 minutes away from Excelsior Springs -- but no human remains were in the wreckage.

Watch KMBC's report. It's freaky with a witness recalling a man asking about Thomas and flicking a taser.

If you've seen Thomas, call police at 816-630-2000 or the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-8477.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 03:00:37 PM »

http://www.kctv5.com/news/21532245/detail.html

Body Of Excelsior Springs Woman Found

POSTED: 12:48 pm CST November 5, 2009
UPDATED: 1:29 pm CST November 5, 2009

LAWSON, Mo. -- The body of an Excelsior Springs woman has been found in a wooded area of Ray County Thursday, police officials confirmed.

A 3 p.m. news conference has been scheduled to discuss the body discovery.

Witnesses reported seeing 23-year-old Carol Thomas being hit over the head and shoved in the trunk of a Pontiac Grand Am by three men around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday.

The car was found burned in a field near Lawson around 1:30 a.m.

Officials confirmed that Thomas' body was found in a wooded area near 230th Street and Knutter Road in rural Ray County.

The abduction came in the 1100 block of S. Myrtle Road.

A MySpace page for Carol Thomas makes claims of spending a week getting beat up and makes other complaints about abuse.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 03:02:41 PM »

this does not sound random to me...more like a grudge/revenge killing imo....

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 03:02:50 PM »

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2009/11/kmbc_body_found_believed_to_be_missing_woman_carol_thomas.php

KMBC: Body found, believed to be missing woman Carol Thomas
By Justin Kendall in News
Thu., Nov. 5 2009 @ 1:28PM
thomas_carol.jpg
Carol Thomas
​KMBC Channel 9 is reporting that a body has been found, and authorities believe it's missing woman Carol Thomas.

Fox 4 says it has confirmed that Thomas was killed, and her body was found in rural Ray County. Fox 4 also reports that three men have been arrested in connection with Thomas' disappearance.

No word on a cause of death.

Excelsior Springs police have scheduled a 3 p.m. press conference to discuss the Thomas case.

Witnesses told police that the 23-year-old was beaten, thrown in a trunk and kidnapped by three white men on Wednesday night.

KMBC reported that police found the red Grand AM that they believe was involved in the kidnapping "deliberately torched" near Lawson -- about 20, 25 minutes away from Excelsior Springs -- but no human remains were in the wreckage.

Watch KMBC's report. It's freaky with a witness recalling a man asking about Thomas and flicking a taser.

If you've seen Thomas, call police at 816-630-2000 or the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-8477.

Thank you KLAAS. 

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 03:04:43 PM »

http://www.kctv5.com/news/21532245/detail.html

Body Of Excelsior Springs Woman Found

POSTED: 12:48 pm CST November 5, 2009
UPDATED: 1:29 pm CST November 5, 2009

LAWSON, Mo. -- The body of an Excelsior Springs woman has been found in a wooded area of Ray County Thursday, police officials confirmed.

A 3 p.m. news conference has been scheduled to discuss the body discovery.

Witnesses reported seeing 23-year-old Carol Thomas being hit over the head and shoved in the trunk of a Pontiac Grand Am by three men around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday.

The car was found burned in a field near Lawson around 1:30 a.m.

Officials confirmed that Thomas' body was found in a wooded area near 230th Street and Knutter Road in rural Ray County.

The abduction came in the 1100 block of S. Myrtle Road.

A MySpace page for Carol Thomas makes claims of spending a week getting beat up and makes other complaints about abuse.

Have you been able to find her MySpace?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 03:13:57 PM »

Fanny I didn't have time to look for her Myspace.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 03:16:12 PM »

Fanny I didn't have time to look for her Myspace.

I had been looking, and I couldn't find it.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2009, 04:58:48 PM »

Reader comment on news blog..

Fox 4 news just had breaking news.. They have a house surrounded in Lawson. There are three men inside. One of them told the landlord that he killed her....

Posted On: Thursday, Nov. 5 2009 @ 12:51PM

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2009/11/where_is_carol_thomas_excelsior_springs_womans_missing.php
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2009, 05:03:52 PM »

Police find body of woman; three people in custody

snipped....
Authorities found the body around noon in a wooded field near West 230th Street and Knutter Road east of Elmira, Mo.

Two men and a woman have been arrested, Reno said. “At this point, we are not looking for any further suspects,” Reno said. “We believe we have them all in custody.”

Authorities are looking for another person as a witness. “We think that person has a lot of information for us,” Reno said.

http://www.kansascity.com/842/story/1550513.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2009, 05:05:56 PM »

This is where the car was found..

Police said the woman's body was found in a wooded area at 230th Street and Knutter Road near Elmira in Ray County. Investigators said they received a tip from a farmer who said he had seen a vehicle in the field late Wednesday night.

The clothing on the body matched a description of what Thomas was wearing when she was last seen -- blue jeans and a black hooded sweatshirt.

The case started Wednesday night when a witness told officers that Thomas was assaulted and then forced into the trunk of a car on South Myrtle Street in Excelsior Springs.

The car sped away. Three white men were also seen fleeing the scene.

Friends said Thomas had been with them just before she was taken.

"She was out in the back lawn and she was crying on the phone with somebody. I asked her if everything was OK, and she told me to go back inside. So I went back inside. Then she came inside about 10 or 20 minutes later and told us that she was leaving, and she asked my brother if he could take her out front to go meet the dude because she didn't feel safe. And my brother said, 'Well, you're going to be safe. We'll watch from the inside.' And then when we were watching on the inside, that's when it all happened," friend Chris Lynn said.

Police said they found the red Grand Am that they were looking for early Thursday morning. It had been abandoned and set on fire in a field near Lawson.

Authorities said that they are questioning two men and a woman. A fourth person, described as a witness, is also in custody.

A home at 206th Street and Downing Road had crime-scene tape surrounding it. Investigators said they were waiting on a search warrant to gather possible evidence from the house.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2009, 05:08:32 PM »

It sounds like, This is all about drugs. 
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2009, 05:12:01 PM »

The above photo is where the body was found and here is what the car looked like.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2009, 05:12:20 PM »

I have not found any social networking sites for her, but that is not my best area of finding stuff. I don't even know how to use most of them once I do find them, lol.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.